Cast my own bullets

>Cast my own bullets
>First time reloading
>mfw I'm terrified to shoot my reloads

I'm fairly certain I'm in the safe zone of my powder charge, but I'm psyching myself out.

Anyone else know/knew this feel?

Attached: nervous-sweat.jpg (440x440, 34K)

Put gun in vise or stand and pull trigger with a string if you are that worried.

Unless it's an oddball cartridge with high possible variance in pressure from small powder differences, you'll probably be fine. What are you casting?

Attached: 20180620_233335.jpg (4032x2268, 2.33M)

22lr

not really. the first time I shot my own reloads with cast bullets I didn't really know what to expect, but I played it safe on the charge and had no issues.

Ignore the first response.

I casted for 303 Brit and used IMR 4227. Bullets are coming in at 218 gr and I'm trying 20, 21 and 22 grains. Whichever works out I'll stick to.

one time I crimped like all the way down the bullet on my .357 on compressed loads...I realized a few days later when loading more. I broke them down and never shot them

>Just bought blackpowder flintlock pistol
>Bought all the shit I needed.
>Too much of a pussy to shoot it
I am a failure and a coward.

>Anyone else know/knew this feel?

Not really I started casting bullets as a kid to fire out of old wallhangers, never looked back and now reload BPCR and love it.

why are you afraid of black powder user?

>Anyone else know/knew this feel?

Not for a bit over 20 years.. Some of my first handloads involved home-made primers.

Why? Did you at least put a flint in it and a little powder in the pan and fire it for a flash?

Is it a new made flintlock or an antique?

SHOOT IT YOU BITCH.

Down some grog and then you'll have the real courage to fire it.

iktf OP
I just got a webley mk1 from a guy who shot 4gr bullseye w 255gr SWC out of it for years. The pistol is stamped for 6 tons nitro proofing (13000 PSI) but I am really fucking hesitant to recreate his loads and shoot them out of it. I hate it because I currently use pyrodex and it not only makes cleaning a bitch but it will eventually eat the gun away in some hidden spot I didn't notice in time and ruin it. No one can give me load data for super low pressure 45ACP though (it is a shaved webley) so I'm fucked I think

I think that might be okay. Looks similar to Britishmuzzleloaders load data on his 303 reloading video.

Attached: 1526543033397.jpg (429x399, 28K)

Whoops. Meant for

Attached: 1518042834381.jpg (720x477, 60K)

Attached: 1501297848655.jpg (609x438, 56K)

Just do it pussy!

I reload for a French 1873 in .45acp. Use the powder Trail Boss. It is very low pressure and not at all corossive. There should be cast data in the Lee manual that you can reduce the charge accordingly.

Attached: D092BD6B-7E0B-4E2F-9E31-0AB7C532E3CA.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

>cast my own bullets
>been reloading for 30+years
>mfw I'm terrified of shooting factory ammo

I have no fucking idea what's in them.

Attached: 1528670814438.gif (497x373, 489K)

Don't worry about it, I was little apprehensive to fire my first flintlock rifle too back in the day. Just make certain the bullet is nice and seated and everything ought to be fine.

but is there chamber pressure data?

If you shoot one, your charge is right, and all the bullets seated with the same amount of force you'll be fine. Anything wonky in the bullet you'll be able to feel in your press. Outside the bullet a visual inspection will suffice

The lee manual states the pressure produced. I am operating within the same thresholds as you need to be and there’re no issues.

Load a couple with the minimum charge and shoot those first. You'll see how anemic they are and it will build your confidence. Especially if it's in an automatic and they wont even cycle the slide.

>black

no guns here.
grew up with black powder gun as a decoration and always assumed this was the way to go.
Nobody on Jow Forums responds to the "bench vice and string on the trigger method."
Just like /o/ rides the bus,I guess Jow Forums is timid no guns.(not including Johnny Law that monitors this shit board.)

It's a bolt action.
I should mention, there's a tiny bit of stiffness when chambering a cast round, but it's so small I don't notice unless I lower the bolt slowly.

This is the feel that I know.