Lets talk about the most important weapon every man has, his body...

Lets talk about the most important weapon every man has, his body. What is the minimum requirement/daily routine you must do to stay combat ready?

Attached: 1529398832711.jpg (403x403, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYhU_MZWmtE
sealswcc.com/pdf/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_legislation_in_Germany
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Weekly routine:
Fast 5k
Calisthenics/functional strength
Long steady run
Battle PT in kit
Hill sprints
Rest
Slow recovery run

>muh body is wepun
Just go to Jow Forums

Attached: 1390633086735.jpg (300x300, 27K)

Attached: knife.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

Maybe one in five are actually own a gun and that's being optimistic. I'd say one in twenty here actually shoot regularly. There are a few soldiers and a couple of in shape cops but other than that no one can run a mile. Even supposing you found a few Jow Forumsommandos who can run, do own guns, and are mentally capable of sustaining a fight of any kind, they will never see combat because that involves leaving the basement.

Jesus fucking christ that's terrifying

Shit routine

Thanks op

That's why I need to do I
This

It's not as terrifying if you don't plan on using a coat to stop a knife like a retard.

That said, wrapping a coat around your arm can be used to create a makeshift padded arm brace for deflecting stabs. Using this in conjunction with a knife of your own could give you an advantage.

Or just shoot him. Probably the best option.

I want to talk about combat fitness not beach muscles.

>they will never see combat because that involves leaving the basement.
Fuck. That's me.

You wouldn't be if you had a gun, you would roll your eyes back up 10 feet and shoot.

If you wanna be le fuckhueg walk-through-doors-sideways man, then yes. If you actually want to be fit enough to deal with the rigours of combat then its a great routine. Throw in some deadlifts and squats if you are a weakling but other than that its GOAT.

T. Bong infantry

With a guy pulling a knife that close you're fuckked

>t. stand farther away
it's not hard

Thanks man I was looking for infantry advice

>implying you can set up your situation

No worries mate. With battle PT you want to be wearing a plate carrier and/or battle belt/webbing. Start with squats and sprints, incorporate some sort of heavy drag (punch bag works fairly well for this if you have no friends) or firemans lift, and then some sort of medium pace short run. If you arent heaving your guts out at the end then do it again.

Nigga you need some weight training

Where's the monthly 20-mile ruck march? That should be on there.

Gym 4 times a week
BJJ 6 times a week
Pretty fight ready

I front squat 120+ kg, deadlift 170+. I used to be stronger but its a lot of useless weight functional strength and lean muscle is far better for endurance. On a patrol you may have to climb walls, get up and down multiple times, maintain awkward firing positions, but very rarely if ever will you ever have to bench 200kg or deadlift half a Land Rover.

If I had made it a monthly routine then I would have put in alternating tabs and weighted runs, but to be honest if youre blowing out your arse on a tab you need better cardio anyway. You should be able to end a tab and be in good enough condition to fight, not falling over puking everywhere

>combat ready

A child with a gun is as deadly as a trained cop.

Guns are a jewish trick. The entire purpose is to do away with the ubermensches superior body.

If you can squeeze a trigger, you're "combat ready".

Attached: 333207.jpg (454x305, 29K)

Lurking this thread because I am currently a fatty who is cutting calories and wanting to become fighting Jow Forums.

Been at it for 3 weeks, lost 16 pounds so far. I'm going to try some PT with my old lbe shit this weekend because it sounds relatively fun compared to sitting on my ass in front of the TV or something.

Military PT tests are entirely calisthenics and cardio based and quite frankly do very little to prepare someone physically for combat.

Now that I'm out I'm a big homo for PPL routine.

Lift three days a week and run two days. Do you not have a routine? Do you not have a gym?

> be me
> fat as fuck shart in marter in the shartmart
> hear gunshots from the dreaded fresh vegetable aisle
> timetoshine.jpg
> i can squeeze trigger so im combat ready
> wobble as rapidly as my decrepit corpse will allow
> sweat pouring down my brow
> i can do this
> time to be an hero
> finally reach the veg aisle that was a whole twenty feet away
> lungs burning
> vision narrowing
> sweat everywhere
> but im combat ready
> see the shooter
> fumble for my CCW between my folds and manage to draw
> sight picture swings between the ceiling and the floor with my laboured breathing
> manage to hold it within a ten foot radius of the bad gu-
> BANG BANG BANG
> as my lard infested frame hits the floor, oozing sucrose thickened blood and the shooter levels his weapon to my head, I silently cry
> 'b-but...I was combat read-'BANG

I do, it's called a warehouse job. I'm frequently moving and more often than not bullying pallets of stuff or 3-400lb stacks of shipping totes.

I need a dedicated routine yes, but I don't want to start lifting just yet. Jow Forums advises to lose fat first otherwise gains will fuck with the cutting.

That's dumb, take advantage of the weight you have now. It's better to throw on the muscle when your heavy then cut than to cut and then try to throw on muscle.

Yeah everything I saw, even outside of Jow Forums, disagrees with that.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Just dont go too hard too fast or youll injure yourself, build up slowly, take rest days as needed.

>implying combat ready doesn't mean being prepared for quick draft or militia formation.
Just trying to up my chances of survival

3 mile run 3x a week. 100 push ups and 30 pull ups 3x a week. If you do that every week you are already 10x more fit than the average person.

Attached: 6DAADFF0-E9AF-4997-AAD8-089423D2B436.jpg (804x1024, 185K)

I bust my ass at work

:DDDDDDDD

You arent using enough lube then

Good for you man

Well what is god then?

But is it enough?

I do to, I know it's not enough though and I have a very hard labor job.

Not sure how to answer your question. This is my routine, I'm still breaking into it though so I don't have the best results yet.

Monday - Chest, Upper Back, Arms, run 2 miles as fast as I can.
Tuesday - Legs, Shoulders, Lower back. 4 mile run.
Wednesday - abs/core, rowing machine for 30 mins
Thursday - same as Monday
Friday - same as Tuesday
Saturday - Yoga/pilates and/or a 6 mile jog
Sunday - range day

I feel like I'm on the right track at least. Probably change it up as I get into better shape.

Interesting, thanks user do you have combat experience? I feel like your routine is great because of the cardio.

I’d say mindset is even more important, but part of that is preparedness which includes being in good physical shape.

I’d say working out at least 4-5 times a week for ~45min sessions doing a good combo of both cardio and strength training. Participating in practical/combat shooting training and competitions as finances allow is also important as is regular dry practice. Knowing the basics of unarmed combat and sparing can be beneficial as long as you aren’t racking up brain damage.

wrong.

>t. Fatty

> non argument is a non argument
What a surprise

Did he died

>t. 300lbs of fat
>t. Gets winded walking up a hill
>t. Can’t even hike a mile before a Mountain Dew and candy bar break
Lose some weight fatty.

cbt arms type looking for cervix thanks here
my army (Canada) is pretty out of shape. Our infantry guys are fit but the other cbt arms like engies and arty tend to have beginnings of beer guts on them. That doesn't really hold the guys back from doing their jobs well in the field and in operations. As long as you can hump a ruck 12km at a solid pace and jog a 5km without taking a break you're set. When we go somewhere we work so hard that our bodies adapt to the workload in a week or two anyways. Not such a big issue. For example I did the disaster relief in Nepal after the big quake. I went there at 215, was there for 17 days and lost 24lbs. Swinging a pick axe for 18hrs a day in the Himalayas very quickly made me as fit as I needed to be to do the job (dat altitude sickness tho)

TL;DR just stay in decent shape, you don't have to fuck yourself endlessly with SPECFOROPERATORWOOOSHITBALLS tier workouts. Like go for a jog man.

Posts like this are why nobody takes the canadian 'military' seriously.

Has anyone tried the basic fitness test of just holding their rifle for 15 minutes? I know some people that can barely do that. Then try holding it while aiming for at least 5.

>I'm going to spend months not putting on muscle. This is clearly a good idea

Attached: 1529074797364.gif (237x240, 1.95M)

It's my ass, I'll bust it if I want to

>If you wanna be le fuckhueg walk-through-doors-sideways man
/fit in a nutshell

Nothing wrong with wanting to be more fit, something massively wrong with self induced body dismorphic disorder

>Lets talk about the most important weapon every man has, his body
Brains is the important part, the body itself can't even take down a grizzly bear

L-lewd...

Attached: 1529568416976.webm (200x238, 44K)

*Das geht direkt in meine Cringecompilation

I will never understand people like you who think basic weight training will get you huge and kill your mobility. 1-2 times a week will improve your strength much more than anything you mentioned, and it's next to impossible to get big doing that little. People think you automatically turn into Arnold if you start lifting. In reality you need multiple times a week for multiple years with good nutrition to ever get remotely close to "huge"

>In reality you need multiple times a week for multiple years with good nutrition to ever get remotely close to "huge"
Longbowmen had to be trained from childhood

Your plan of cutting first is correct. You should still be working out, especially lifting, because that will help you lose weight in the meantime.

If you start lifting and make your initial progress (beginner gains are a thing) when you still need to lose weight it's going to suck when you start cutting and lose that strength. You will to some degree. If you lose weight first, lift regularly but not except crazy gains, and then bulk up, it's going to be more satisfying. The hardest thing is a body recomp of not losing weight (or much) and just turning fat into muscle. It's doable, but getting thin and then getting big is easier.

Because I like my joints intact and healthy. You do that every week you're just fucking your self long term.

Youre speaking as if I dont know this. I went into the army being able to deadlift and squat 180kg, bench 110, OHP 70. Im well aware that it takes many years of dedicated weight training to get big. Im also well aware that being big has a direct inverse correlation with being combat fit, unless you are an absolute cardio animal. Generally, the bigger you are, the heavier you are, the more food and water you need to maintain. For a good level of combat fitness you need both explosive strength and muscular endurance, of which sitting in the gym slamming weights will only give you explosive strength.

If you had actually read the post, what I said was 'my routine will not make you huge'. Thats it. You would also have noticed I recommended 'squats and deadlifts if youre a weakling', as they are the best compound lifts for overall strength.

Hence, my routine is not only very cardio intensive, both in terms of HIIT/explosive movements as well as long distance endurance, but also includes calisthenics and other work that will strengthen muscles in a way which will suit you far better on the battlefield than being able to curl 40kg per arm.

Agreed and even that supports my point. It took years and years and they had very strong backs but wouldn't look remotely close to a bodybuilder. Granted that's apples to oranges because longbowman didn't have gyms or testosterone and cattle growth hormones to inject in their ass

?
I can blow your head off at 400 yards
why the fuck would i ever need to run?

>implying the 9mm rounds you're average nog is using will penetrate anons glorious rolls

> subscribing to the Steven Seagal method of self defence

user...

Thanks man. I swear I'm will start lifting my ammo boxes. And such.

He already has the knife in his hand ready to go 5 feet away. A victim with a similarly readied gun would have an advantage. More so if they were farther apart.

>missing the point entirely

>A victim with a similarly readied gun would have an advantage. More so if they were farther apart.
we have tried it from 3-4 feet, gunner has the absolute advantage even at arms length if it's readied and aimed at center of mass. we had 0 tries where the guy could dodge or reach the gunner without getting shot at least 3 times. (tried it with airsoft obv).

youtube.com/watch?v=EYhU_MZWmtE

Attached: 1480401321572.jpg (267x280, 13K)

idgaf I make 73k a year to do nothing all day and get 4 months off a year w no education

i too sell drugs.. you work for the big gangs like Bayer or Pfizer?

Your welfare queen is showing

yeah I'm trying to bait the hurr UUR GUNNA DIE FER ZOG guys to come out of the woodwork

>I gave up my gains but I'm actually stronger lifting less shit because I completed 25 tire hammers supersetted with kipping pullups for time.

Nice projection faggit. Crossfit is a meme. I can run farther, faster, for much longer, still bang out push ups, pull ups and sit ups and run around in kit all day. Strong doesnt necessarily mean fit, in fact very little of Jow Forums is actually 'fit', theyre just strong.

The cube.

> /fit has an unhealthy view of itself
> /fit doesn't emphasize function fitness

>lol these faggots think if you touch weights you become arnold.

When a watchword among your kind is "the day you start lifting is the day you become forever small" it's time to admit you've got a problem.

Fitness yes, lifting bro no.

>still trying to defend claim that fitness isn't an important part of effective use of weapons
we have a fucking enlistment general, perhaps OP's faggot question should have been there but it's not irrelevant to the board. kys your self.

Along with the other answers here, the seals provide a training manual which is p. good for maintaining readiness. If you don't think you'll need to swim, just sub out the swimming sections for something similarly strenuous.
sealswcc.com/pdf/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf

Strength:

1.5xBW squat
2xBW Deadlift
1xBW Push Press

Endurance:

1.5 mile run in 10:30 or less
500m swim in 12:00 or less
12 mile ruck @ 15 min/mile pace with 45 lb ruck dry weight.

If I can still do this at 32 years old despite getting blown up a few times you can too.

How has no one else noticed that?

We dont speak Pashtu

Not too many Germans around Jow Forums I would guess. Most of the ones that hang around Jow Forums are just there to shitpost their cuckery, and there's not much opportunity to do that here. Also I think the fun laws in Germany are prohibitive enough that the few Germans that would come here may not be able to get funs in the first place.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_legislation_in_Germany

>tfw 5'5 130lbs slim tiny boi
>people tell me to bulk up but I like being smol and cute
>see this thread on Jow Forums of all places
Please do not aggress or I will be forced to inflict possibly fatal acts on you in defense of myself and those around me utilizing a tool invented to level the playing field for just this kind of imbalance.
So stop flexing on me or I will defend myself.

Kill yourself faggot

>6'2", 230 lbs
>run 2 miles and swim for 30 minutes few times a week
>have muscles, but nowhere to lift (apartment gym is closed till August)
Good start, at least?

Attached: images (1).png (228x221, 6K)

No. Can't help my small stature and skinny-bitchness. Hence the cc.

Pashto*

Ya daft cunt.

>10 mile run at 12 mph

>pyramid bench, incline squats and cleans.
>3x8 deadlifts curls/hammerheads, ohp, and yiffs

Weight lifting should take 30 minutes

My bad Ahmed

>Deservings got nothing to do with it

Man that’s some OJ level stabbing right there hahaha