Melee weapons

I want to start a melee weapons collection. Which ones are a must have?

Attached: S1-1920x1080-0318de72041886325ed622bdf8e9305d.jpg (1920x1080, 880K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myarmoury.com/home.php
vikingsword.com/vb/
armsandarmourforum.com/forum/
nihontomessageboard.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZqISLI2UQMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bloody knuckles for that build up to resistance.

Start with the books, do your homework. Learn what is what, how things work, what the context is for everything. You'll figure out what your must haves are along the way, and how to spot the crap meant for sixteen year olds.

Some suggestions to get you started if the historical side of things appeal to you (I'm not the guy if you want, say, modern combat knives, retractable batons or anything like that):
Jaiwant, Arms and Armour
Sinclair, Samurai
Sato, The Japanese Sword
Kapp, Kapp & Yoshihara, The Craft of the Japanese Sword
LaRocca, Rediscovering the Arms and Armor of Tibet
Oakeshott, The Archaeology of Weapons
Oakeshott, European Wepaons and Armour
Williams, The Sword and the Crucible
Waldman, Hafted Weapons in Medieval and Rennaisance Europe
Peirce, Swords of the Viking Age
Manouchehr, Arms and Armor from Iran

And online we have places like
myarmoury.com/home.php
vikingsword.com/vb/
armsandarmourforum.com/forum/
nihontomessageboard.com/

Attached: tessakklinger11.jpg (1200x672, 109K)

>A pocket knife
>a combat knife
>kabar military knife
>a set of kitch knives
>a 24” machete
>a crowbar
>a sledgehammer
>a sledgehammer handle with a bike chain attached to it, with a heavy bike lock at the end
>a wood chopping axe
>a E-Tool
>a shovel
>a frying pan
>a ladle
>a set of pool balls
>a steel baseball bat
>a pitchfork
>a pickaxe
>a chainsaw
>a lawnmower
>a sledgehammer handle (for rapid clubbing)
>pocket sand
>a Bible
>War and Peace hard cover
>a belt with a steel buckle
>a bike chain
>a rock in a sock
>a carton of eggs
>a cream filled pie
>a bucket filled with fecal matter
>a journal of wrongs that you’ve built up over the years to remind you why you hate the person
>your belly
>a towel
>those legos with the pointed tops
>a rock
>a brick
>a hammer
>a really long sharpened flathead screwdriver
>a monkey wrench
>that thingy your take bolts off of cars with
>a tire iron
>a 2x4
>a 1x3
>a steel pipe
>a table leg
>a weighted pillow

The ones I find more sexy:
>KA-Bar
>Katana
>Wood chopping axe
>Brass knuckle

I heard the Musashi's are the best choice for low cost and entry level katana's, is that true?

>a sledge hammer handle with a bike chain attached to it
My sides would be in orbit if they weren’t chained to the ground.

Attached: 8D88C161-D00E-40A6-9BAE-D6E0D6AEC2F1.jpg (250x237, 8K)

>lego with pointed tops

You sick bastard! This is melee not war crimes against humanity.

Modern and Improvised melee weapons are the generally the easiest and cheapest to acquire, though you'll pay mad money for some original stuff from WW1/WW2, but there's plenty of decent reproductions out there and the most iconic things were made in massive quantity

A good base to start from would be acquiring a good representative collection of WW1 trench weapons

>Trench knives, including issued, commercially made and field expedient types
>Clubs and blunt impact weapons, british trench clubs, welsh trench sword, improvised clubs (you can straight up just make these)
>Field spade, one of the cheaper original items to acquire as they were made in massive quantity by everyone and all but the British ones were commonly used as weapons

Going back in time is when things start to get seriously expensive, flintlock through cap and ball isn't too bad, but good reproduction medieval weaponry are pretty expensive, originals are rare outside of museums and ludicrously expensive

Depends on what sort of collection you want. Do you want real collectibles like heirlooms?
Wall hangers?
I started on a functional / general munitions kind of stuff collection. What I did was just look around at different arms dealers/reputations/reviews, looked around at their inventory. I wanted a more general collection rather than like 50 katana's or something I'd buy like one type of axe style and then move on to something like a sword. Since I wanted an actual armoury styled collection I would look for bargains some places offer some of their ones that turned out functional but have some kind of a blemish (finish didn't turn out right or something) for a bit of a discount instead of just letting it sit around in inventory and throwing it out, so if I wanted a tomahawk with a hammer but got a nord looking thing I'd look for cheaper versions for the duplicate types in a different style and maybe splurge on the first one in more of a design I really liked usually. It gets pricey after a while I got some melee weapons that were straight up more expensive than some of my handguns. Some pole arms I just collect the head of it and don't bother with the pole to save space till I can improve my armoury a bit.

Must have though, sword, spear, club, and a shield. (bow too but some autist will complain it's not melee) classic weapons.

The place to start would be a baseball bat. They're cheap, easy to find, reliable, and you don't need to think about if you're holding it sideways or swinging with proper form, it's got a lot less chance to get stuck in something, etc...

Only thing you're missing is a golf club bag and a caddy.

>Must have though, sword, spear, club, and a shield. (bow too but some autist will complain it's not melee) classic weapons.
Oh and a axe, hand axe. If I were startin again or rebuilding I would buy a few autism purchases that I think are practical or functional still like a spear (boar spear or something for hunting) or axes since hatchets are kind of handy. Otherwise I would go from more rudimentary to fancy like how stuff probably evolved like clubs axes spears. Then swords and add a few examples here or there. Maybe throw a shield or two in there since there kinda cool and you can always tag or paint it with some art.

I would just keep an eye out for semi-common stuff like trench knives, bayo's, or knuckle paper weights and opportunity purchase that sort of stuff which might fit in the collection.

>Frying pan
>baseball bat
>axe
>kaBar
>sledgehammer so you can shout "do you want me to put the hammer down"
>bag of glass bottles
Also these
>rock in a sock
>a bucket of shit
>sledge hammer handle with bike chain
Introducing the nigger whipper 9000

>not arming yourself with deadly circular transportation weapons

Attached: uk_weapons.jpg (637x1186, 211K)

>Go into their garage
>"Oh, user, I didn't know you were such a handy man!"
>"That's my weapon collection."

Attached: vicky-pollard.jpg (1024x576, 273K)

Hi Point C9
utility knife
slingshot

The frying pan of course, imagine landing nose breaking blow to your foe and then fry egg in the veining..

Rule of thumb:
If you can't hunt with it, it's not a weapon.
It's a gimmick.

Attached: 1526555478871.jpg (861x960, 104K)

bits of cactus on ropes duct taped to a stick

>An axe or hatchet
>a spear
>12ft pole with a dildo

Iron skillet

Bump

ft pole with a dildo

>not a dragon dildo

even girls have bigger dildos than you, pussy

A heavily engraved viking style combat axe.

Attached: 622a27ea28b1b10665d2400a143599ca.jpg (900x491, 75K)

And a heavily engraved viking sword with polished brass details

A banana
youtube.com/watch?v=ZqISLI2UQMY

The best melee weapon is a bloody gun with a stabby at the end

Attached: Bayonets.jpg (661x600, 66K)

Remember: the Brown Bess is not a musket with a bayonet on it. It is a spear that also happens to have one shot.

*Bashes your brain in with a rock

halberd

>a journal of wrongs that you’ve built up over the years to remind you why you hate the person

Attached: Book_of_Grudges.jpg (604x453, 50K)