AK General /akg/
Stockpiling useless ammo Edition
>Thread #634

Old thread here

Attached: 9x39.jpg (1200x611, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
pastebin.com/iKyYKdpt
robertrtg.com/store/pc/AK47-BAKELITE-30RD-MAGAZINE-RUSSIAN-IZSHEVSK-164p4571.htm
adamkonieska.com/images/ak-zero-target.pdf
classicfirearms.com/polish-ak-7-62x39-semi-auto-jra
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for useless mag boi

Attached: IMG_20180620_130629_406.jpg (1080x1080, 90K)

I.O inc is pretty good

Vepr
Arsenal
Wasr boi
WPA
lucky find on older import or saiga

>AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/YdEkhdva

>Better AK Buyer's Guide

pastebin.com/iKyYKdpt

>meme window

Attached: 2018-04-28.jpg (1600x862, 76K)

Attached: ox39 Lineup.jpg (2016x1512, 719K)

I want a Micro Galil, in .300BLK

Attached: Micro Galil 5.56mm.jpg (800x358, 72K)

>robertrtg.com/store/pc/AK47-BAKELITE-30RD-MAGAZINE-RUSSIAN-IZSHEVSK-164p4571.htm
Just ordered two of these before he went back out of stock, what am I in for?

Attached: izzy.jpg (600x600, 25K)

How do you guys like to zero your AK? 25 yards? 100 yards? Do you aim at the "belt buckle" at 100?

An overpriced 30rnd mag.

Attached: 20180313_140231~3.jpg (3789x2068, 3.59M)

>le humble brag look what I got
>already know what I got
fuck off to youtube

Attached: 1527966802553.jpg (740x740, 148K)

Are Polish rifles worth the extra $300 over Romanian? And any opinions on underfolder versus fixed stock? I've heard underfolders can wobble but I'm not sure how much / how sturdy they are in general

>overpriced
how much was that 45 rounder 80 dollars?
sorry senpai i'm just excited

>Are Polish rifles worth the extra $300 over Romanian?
No
>And any opinions on underfolder versus fixed stock?
Go for fixed or side folding
Underfolders have a weird cheek weld. Have you ever held one? I though I wanted one till I shouldered one at a gun show, immediate discus.

How good are DSA RPD's? I'm looking for a semi auto RPD or RPK with the possibility of attaching a bump stock or binary trigger to it eventually

is norinco brand 7.62x39mm any good?

bought a couple boxes from a gunshow

>45 rounder?

Attached: 20180616_190833~2.jpg (4032x1825, 1.38M)

Thanks, and I've never held one no. I already have a side folding so I figured I'd consider something different, but that's only if it's still worth it

must have been the angle it looked more banana than normal

It's a 40rnd bake.

Attached: 20180407_105638~2.jpg (3024x3162, 3.76M)

Many AKs are made in countries that do not like the US very much and the funds we send to them for the stuff they make can funnel into groups that may seek to challenge the US. When buying anything, I consider the place of manufacture. I would prefer buying American made because I live in the US and would prefer my money go to another American. This isn't out of a sense of nationalism, but rather a desire to benefit the communities in which I live.

fuck off

Whys you change your name?

Not him but why?

Build your own, then.

commie detected

Cause US made AKs are shit guns that will blow up cause they make them cheap to compete with imports.

I wonder how Romania and Poland feel about the US, big thinky

you're fucking retarded

Attached: 1528094922406.jpg (1024x984, 256K)

I dont want to be reminded of decisions I've made.
>traded my woo

Please show us that nice bussy. It’ll make up for it.

>Yards
No. AK is zeroed in meters or your leaf sight adjustment gets fucked up.

Have a cat instead

Attached: 20180411_203601~2.jpg (2905x2661, 1.85M)

Sorry meant to say meters. As of now, I only have access to a range up to 50 yards. Should I just go with the 21 meter zero by setting the rear sight to 2 and POA=POI?

adamkonieska.com/images/ak-zero-target.pdf

I’m actually interested to know myself. Maybe you’d test them and let us know?

I'd like to, but things being the way they are i'm neither near a range nor got a ride to one, least until august

>(((Subsonic)))
What did they mean by this?

What ak do you think she operated with?

Attached: 1529570261910.jpg (1401x1168, 284K)

Slower than 1125fps

Double underfolder

I agree that current US production AK's are shit, but I also agree with the sentiment of buying American. As it stands I'm not buying American AK's right now though, maybe when they improve enough.

Nobody has an issue with the idea of maybe some day buying an American AK.

The reason people hiss at you like a demon has appeared when you say "buy american" is that EVERY SINGLE TYPE of American AK produced so far has been a spectacular failure, an exercise in scam-artistry.
If someone can make one on par with LITERALLY ANYTHING foreign, then people will stop hissing (as much).

Attached: 1529459772110.jpg (2500x1824, 940K)

I'm hoping Riley Defense pulls through and gets their shit together. I think they switched from cast to forged trunnions, so that seems to be a good sign.

No; OK for chinese AKs/SKSs

I would like Ruger made AKs.

what do you mean by this??

Good American made AKs aren't going to ever be feasible, unfortunately. Unless a whole fuck ton of people are going to be willing to pay $1500-1800 for a basic AK, there just wont be enough margin for big name companies to justify using quality forged components and assembly methods similar to foreign built rifles. Casuals and newgunz cant tell the difference between a shit rifle and a good one, so they'll buy a RAS47. And enthusiasts wont pay that much unless Arsenals and other comblocs are 3k plus.

Attached: received_1424115484377407.jpg (4032x2268, 914K)

>owned by 2 muslim guys who are Ex I.O employee's

>thinking they will turn around

Anyone who zeroes doing anything but 100M on setting #1 is a brainlet.

Zero at 25 yards with your sight set to 200m for 7.62 and 300m for 5.45/5.56. It works.

classicfirearms.com/polish-ak-7-62x39-semi-auto-jra
Is this $500 worse than an Atlantic Polish build?
>Radom barrel
>Radom receiver (whut?)

Probably a kit shipped with a Polish received flat that JRA finishes. For that price it's almost certainly a WBP rifle which is in the city of Radom but not FB Radom that everyone associates with the name Radom.

>What ak do you think she operated with?
Just a bit backwards.
Interesting SGT stripes

Guess, Summer

>Is this $500 worse than an Atlantic Polish build?
Atlantic

Think it has forged trunnions or will it blow up in my face?
The fact that they don't say exactly what parts are Polish sketches me out.

Yes. Atlantic also has Polish kit builds. Are you saying they're overpriced?

I think $1000 US made AKs could be feasible.
I'd be willing to pay that if they're good.

>all of the primary rivet work, head spacing, etc... on this rifle is done at the Radom factory in Poland
Seems GTG, right?

No idea if it'll blow up on you. I haven't heard of a WBP breaking other than MAC's that was crap out of the box. They're just not FB Radom so you don't have that guarantee of quality.

Fair enough, though just to be clear I wasn't the user who made that first post

I haven't followed it but if true then that's a good sign. I like to think they aren't stupid and realize no one wants to buy the or stuff so they'll respond by trying to improve it.

That would be an interesting idea, but that might be a bit outside their area of focus. I'd trust them to make a reliable one of they did though

Look into jra a bit more and then make your decision. From what I've heard they have few and far between quality rifles.

>I like to think they aren't stupid and realize no one wants to buy the or stuff so they'll respond by trying to improve it.
There are enough stupid people that don't do their market research who just generically want an AK to sit in the corner and think American made=good that they won't.

For every one educated buyer there are 10 grabbing whatever looks like it was in call of duty.
Despite everyone on Jow Forums, the akfiles, and the national AK facebook groups hating american made pipe bombs, that's still only 100,000-200,000 people compared to millions that will buy without even a simple google search.

>From what I've heard they have few and far between quality rifles.
They make alright quality Russian AKs, good quality American rifles (M1s/M14s/etc...), and meh quality Yugos.

I've never heard anything about their polish builds.

>got it's start at the Radom factory in Poland
Are they lying?

Is it possible to get my money back if I buy a rifle and refuse the transfer because it's a piece of shit?

Not on a private sale.
Most companies will allow it, but there's nothing legally saying they have to.

No, it's probably yours unfortunately. Unless you are just going to leave it at the gunshop over a transfer fee.
You can resell it, but it's yours in all likelihood if it was a private sale. Even if you return it directly to the seller for a refund, you're going to have to pay the transfer fee then re-box and ship it back yourself.

There are multiple firearms makers in the city of Radom, Poland. They're being deliberately vague so people think the factory they're talking about is FB Radom because that's the most famous.

Picked up an Atlantic Firearms made Romanian Model 65 earlier this week.

Attached: AAmfg md65.jpg (3744x1200, 1.82M)

It's not feasible, which is why everything American made is shitting the bed. 1k dollars a unit MSRP is not enough to get a quality AK made in North America. The only way I could this happening is if a company is ambitious enough (it's not going to be Century or PSA) to send someone who knows what the fuck they are doing and has a very strong grasp of metalurgy in the context of the AK rifle, and can establish a relationship with a place in say, Mexico, where they can make properly forged trunions, bolts and carriers and even barrels and receivers en masse and ship them back here to assemble, saving production cost.

Attached: received_1090574044422253.jpg (2048x1152, 216K)

I'd buy a good quality Hecho en Mexico AK.

Yeah I would too, desu senpai

Attached: received_1424043821051240.jpg (4032x2060, 1.04M)

>(it's not going to be Century or PSA)
That's like the core problem, only shitcrafters have tried.

If a company like Ruger would decided "We're gonna make AKs", then I'd expect them to be able to do it, and to do so with a street price of $1000.
The thing is that nobody who has seriously tried to start mass producing AKs in the US has been a company with good personnel, good skillsets and good resources, it's either a large company that's kind of shit, or it's a small company biting off more than they can chew.

Attached: 1524956317845.png (1296x1458, 217K)

Bumping

You can find them on the files all the time

For what it's worth, our military bought machinery, tooling and blueprints from Kiev a couple months ago for whatever reason

source? link me bra

>tfw I’m a newgunz and bought a RAS47
I fucked up

pawn it off on another newgunz and try again

True. But basically we do have a company making "American" AKs in the same way I described above, and they do a decent job already, which is Atlantic and their "polish" kits. If we look at it in that light, there's a good American AK. Still, look how many people were bitching about the price, receiver markings etc. I myself would be wary even if I had the means and capital to start a similar venture even on their "small" scale based on the feedback they received. Aside from die hard enthusiasts, most burgers cant appreciate what it takes to put an AK together.

Attached: 1504634510932.jpg (2000x1355, 882K)

Yea I was thinking of off loading it onto my buddy who always wants to finger fuck it when he comes over. I just wanted a good rifle.

>Yea I was thinking of off loading it onto my buddy
He's not your buddy if you'd fuck him.

Nice self portraits.

Sell it off to some gunshop or pawnshop, see how much you can cut your losses.

Is he really your friend, if you do that?

I think the way for American AKs is to avoid the 7.62x39 market and go to 5.56 NATO stanag. In this manner it avoids trying to maintain compatibility with dozens of foreign variations of 7.62x39 magazines for the known domestic variations of AR magazines. If combined with the 7.62x39 bolt pattern, this lets American AKs to be built in all of the possible cartridges that can be stuffed in a stanag magazine.

He really wants it though, he’s not very rational probably would get mad if I told him it’s not a good rifle. He’s more into than I am.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
Sell it to him if he's that irrational.

I don't have the link saved but we had almost a whole /akg/ thread about it so hopefully someone else has it
It wasn't much, just basically a real vague description of what we bought as well as how much it costs to produce (and sell) AKMs, magazines, 7.62x39, as well as other basic slavshit like RPG-7's. I wanna say it's for the Ukraine?

Do your best to persuade him otherwise like a true friend.
If that doesn't work fuck it and take his money; sometimes stupid has to fix itself.

His dick, duh.

Anyone wanna tell me why aks are so expensive when they are a simple weapon?

As it's an AK, a commonly available and good quality rock-n-lock magazine for .223/anything similar that fits, would be Ruger Mini-14 magazines.

As it catches on, it brings down prices on Mini-14 magazines, and MagPul would have to make plastic Mini-14 magazines to supply the AK demand.

Attached: mini14mags.png (1154x416, 422K)

>Should I just go with the 21 meter zero by setting the rear sight to 2 and POA=POI?
This is what I did but I have yet to see how it works for me.

Because stamping is only cheap if you have a very large production volume to make up for the cost of the expensive startup.

Failed Commie states (are there any other kinds?), generally 'paid' for all the startup and tooling and shit, so after everything falls apart they kind of have to just give that shit away to cover for their stupid Commie losses, thus you end up with some dudes who suddenly has a finished setup for making AKs, and didn't have to pay for it, so they can make and sell them for a really low cost.

> In this manner it avoids trying to maintain compatibility with dozens of foreign variations of 7.62x39 magazines
Umm, all 7.62x39 AK magazines work in all 7.62x39 AK variants. It's 5.56 AK magazines that aren't a universal pattern.
>Putting STANAG mags onto AKs
Git out PSA

what does Jow Forums think about nato length stocks?

Attached: akk-akbsl_1053_detail.jpg (650x650, 29K)

Comfortable.

Middlemen basically. Guns must be a really disappointing hobby if you are viewing everything through that lense. I'm happy there's enough of a market (people willing to pay) for people to go through the trouble of bringing in neat guns from around the world.

Stick with domestic mass produced guns if that's what the hobby is about to you. Get a Savage axis and go shoot moa. Personally I like to shoot trash off hand with my imports

>this shit again
Bill Ruger pls go. Why do you want a mini 14 mag ak so badly? There are plenty of 5.56 ak mags that are out there and way more solid than those pieces of shit.