My local range is limited to 125m and now I'm looking for a decent target rifle. I thought that...

My local range is limited to 125m and now I'm looking for a decent target rifle. I thought that .223 Rem would be a good cartridge at that distance, because it's cheap and readily available here. .22LR is nice for 50m, but at 125m it starts to spread noticably, at least in my rifle.

I looked at different rifles in .223, and I just can't seem to find one that fits me. I looked at the 110 Scout by Savage Arms, because I like having a detachable magazine and a compensator is a nice plus too, but the scope rail is too far forward for my taste.

The 12 F/TR, also by Savage Arms, only has one shot and a lot of people said it was too expensive and the longer barrel is not really that useful for that range.

Can anyone give me some suggestions please? Thank you!

Attached: 223_Remington.jpg (800x654, 436K)

Get a .270 Win and enjoy.

ok seriously, just get an AR. if you don't want to look like a scary murdererman, get a Mini-14.

what i mean to say is: platforms besides the AR are going to be overpriced for what they are. 223 is a varmint round, and if you're fine with spending $600-800 and up on a varmint rifle go ahead. i'd still recommend an AR though. iron sights are boss and it's the rifle countless of american soldiers have learned to shoot with.

not to mention:
>virtually endlessly upgradeable
>parts are fucking everywhere in case anything needs replaced
>mags are dirt cheap and battle proven
>you can build it with a twist rate and barrel length that is perfectly designed for your shooting distance
16-18" barrel, 1/8 or 1/7 twist, and use nice fat 62gr+ projectiles OP. You'll be shooting lights out.

I sadly need a bolt-action rifle due to laws here

Yeah, this. Also, I'll say that I got bored of my gats after a few years; I had just been shooting at a 125m range. I realized how much more excited I was about shots out to 800 yds when I visited a friend in Colorado, so I moved and bought a .300 WM. One of the best decisions I ever made.

Well, that's fucky. Savage Axis in 223, then you can put on an aftermarket stock and a nice scope, or a Savage Hog Hunter if you want the challenge of irons.

Howa miniaction

>223 is a varmint round
This meme is so retarded

It's literally true, though.

I'm not hunting with it though. I am making holes in paper

This. Savage axis, also what country?

Austria. I didn't go to the military, so I can't own a semi-auto for some years unless I do a hunting license

Is straight pull an option?

I would prefer a traditional rotating bolt

Pretty much just the Savage Axis others suggested. Or you could go Wild West and get a Henry lever action.

I think I'll give the Axis a go then

It's literally not. Since when are 200+lb animals "varmints"?

If you consider 200+ pound men and animals varmints sure. It has more muzzle energy than .44 mag. Is that a varmint round too?

My dude

CZ 527M .223

Attached: 28C76FF4-F745-49E5-9AD7-B9486CFE885B.jpg (750x1000, 246K)

>223 is a varmint round
Can I shoot you with an AR? you should be fine, since it's just a varmint round.