Lock Fags BTFO

Unfuck your revolvers you assholes and maybe you would make some money...

Attached: 1529606752014.jpg (1080x1303, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/393411-smith-wesson-gun-sales-plummet
chuckhawks.com/smith-wesson_dark.htm
gunbroker.com/item/776043279
thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/06/daniel-zimmerman/bank-of-america-we-stopped-doing-business-with-gun-companies-because-our-employees-were-afraid/
thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/04/daniel-zimmerman/bank-of-america-wont-lend-to-makers-of-assault-rifles/
thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/robert-farago/breaking-citibank-to-dump-customers-selling-high-capacity-magazines-bump-stock-and-sales-to-under-21s/
gunbroker.com/item/775999170
gunbroker.com/item/776015951
gunbroker.com/item/771546439
tkcustom.com/products/s-w-lock-system-replacement-plug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's worse than the locks, user, the guys who knew how to hand fit and properly time all of the golden era S&W revolvers are all dead and S&W was too cheap to set up any sort of apprentice program. It is literally lost knowledge. They would have to bring trainers in from Korth or something.

Ruger reported a 25% drop in sales during thenfirst quarter as well. Curious tp see how they've been doing since.

>crashing this company
>with no survivors
>implying this wasnt the plan all along
gee wonder who could behind this?

No doubt it's a combination of the locks, their shitty QC and the terribad finishes they are shipping now. The point is they could unfuck themselves with better management.

I hope they go bankrupt and someone with a clue buys them out and fixes their shit. I'd like one of these new M69s if I could get one without a lock, a decent finish and a reasonable expectation of quality.

Who even buys new S&W guns besides the fuddiest of the fudds?

Attached: yankee.jpg (375x443, 30K)

mfw I've been hard eyeing a m&p9

Some of their budget semi's would make perfect truck guns.

S&W 4th gens when?

I love my first gen Shield, afaik their semi-auto handguns are all pretty solid.

>first colt
>then remshit
>now s&w is getting destroyed by shitty management
when does it end? can American gun manufacturers not be retarded for once?

the M&P does have a sweet frame/grip ergos.
i looked at one at an LGS just a little they first came out. damn thing fit the hand like a velvet glove

old america is falling. period.
you dont want to think aboout what is going to be taking its place

Attached: Armscor SBR.jpg (4032x3024, 2.72M)

bane?

>you dont want to think aboout what is going to be taking its place
Kahr Arms will be acquired by Cerberus Capital Management and take its rightful place as top American gun manufacturer

I have an older M&P40 fullsize that failed to feed 180gr on the regular (165gr was fine). Swapped in a 9mm barrel and a lighter recoil spring and get failures to feed and eject. Have to use +P for it to cycle and eject correctly even after swapping in an Apex ejector and DCAK trigger kit.

Used to own a M&P40c that worked just fine though. And my 1973 M29-2 works like a swiss watch.

Their m&p is actually a good, extremely reliable pistol. They do exceedingly well in torture test and provide a competitive alternative to glock.

>This

moonies taking over more gun companies?
somehow i am ok with this
maybe i can has gun loving korean waifu

oh shit nevermind i guess i read that backwards

I think part of the issue is there's an oversaturation of used guns that are cheaper and as good as new ones. So why buy a new M&P when you can buy one thats a year old and 100$ cheaper.

Why buy a new S&W revolver when you can buy a slightly used one for 100$ cheaper.

Fuck you shields are nice carry guns

or you can buy an old no lock revolver for true happiness

but muh MAC
also they have shit godawful triggers
t. bought a 1.0 several years ago cause it was one of the most comfortable handguns I've held

>cheaper and better than new ones

Fixed that for you.

>I think part of the issue is there's an oversaturation of used guns that are cheaper and as good as new ones.
>as good as
Thats a funny way to spell "better than"

kek

Thank you for adding nothing to my point.

Lock or no lock, they still function as intended and there are aftermarket plugs for the locks.

This. The real nail in the coffin is that these manufactures give police night sights. So you get the same gun for less money, and with better sights.

Gun manufacturers need to stop being pussies and catering to police. If they get their heads out of their asses they'll see most Americans are not military nor police. They have that Hillary hole mindset

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/393411-smith-wesson-gun-sales-plummet

I wouldn't be surprise if (((Shareholders))) and (((hedge funds))) fuck over QC more now

> you dont want to think aboout what is going to be taking its place

Better companies will take over. Welcome to capitalism faggot.

>oversaturation of used guns that are cheaper and as good as new ones.
Almost every gun show I go to has used beat to shit pistols and rifles for $300-600 above what a new one would cost.
>t.texan

Attached: texas.jpg (1080x966, 304K)

what's going on with S&W?

is it because they're in enemy territory in Massachusetts?

You will not be disappointed with it I love my m&p 2.0 in 9mm

New S&W revolvers are problem children. Burrs. Barrels throwing fliers. Keyholing. Fragile finishes. Company is going down the tubes.

R U G E R
U
G
E
R

>gun show

There's your issue

They just want to make guns for police not civilians, turns out cops want glock brand glocks not S&W brand glocks

>turns out cops want glock brand glocks not S&W brand glocks
when you only shoot for qualifications 2 times max a year and are dumb and naive enough to believe everything the higher ups say, you become a glockfag pretty fast.

The aftermarket plugs don't do shit. This isn't just a cosmetic issue. The lock itself shouldn't be there number one, and number two it can fail. Mine did and left me at the range with an unusable weapon. Glad it was just the range. I doubt you could find 1% of their customer base that has even mildly positive opinion of the locks, some people don't really care, they just leave it unlocked, and probably over 50% actively fucking hate them. Not a good business model.

I'm not disagreeing with you there. I think them still putting the lock on is a waste of money. They have to do extra machining to make the hole and the lock itself, instead of keeping the frame solid. They could easily lower production costs if they got rid of it. But S&W is run by idiots and they hire idiots. I live 25 minutes from the factory and talked to people who have worked there. They're being propped up by these contracts with police and with making okay guns and selling them at retarded prices.

Exactly. Truer words were rarely spoken.

My uncle is a gunsmith and has a ton of hilarious stories about the copglockfags and their utter lack of any useful firearm knowledge whatsoever. It's really only a half a step up from street negroes, and still a step or two below noguns Jow Forums summerfags.

Many great points in this post.

Which reinforces my belief that the problem isn't all S&W but also the faggots still buying their shit preventing the market correction needed to change their behavior.

>Want a .22lr revolver.
>Eyeing 617.
>Reports of issues that shouldn't happen with a $700 revolver
>Decide to go with Ruger instead.

Still better than Taurus, faggot

Real sick of the Smith bullying in this thread, NOBODY makes a better revolver than Smith & Wesson

A wise choice.

Attached: Ruger SP101 22LR.jpg (1600x888, 300K)

if Jow Forums is the easiest board to troll than Smithfags are the easiest brandfags to troll.

>S&W was too cheap to set up any sort of apprentice program
>thinking that this did not happen while S&W was British owned
There was no hope.

>Better companies
Oh boy I can't wait for my "better" guns made from cast parts in India and assembled by minimum wage illegals and retarded white trash working part time so corporate can avoid giving them health insurance benefits.

Sure, maybe 30 years ago.

Reminder that S&W's quality decline has been known about for a while.

chuckhawks.com/smith-wesson_dark.htm

>Example: I purchased a brand new Chief's Special .38 Special revolver. At the time of purchase the store clerk gave me a box of Smith & Wesson brand .38 Special factory loaded cartridges. (In those days S&W marketed ammunition under their brand name.) After firing no more than half of that first box of ammunition, I noticed that all 5 chambers of the cylinder had developed a slight bulge. Presumably it had not been properly heat-treated. Thank goodness I noticed the problem before the revolver blew-up in my hand.

>Example: A Guns and Shooting Online staff member purchased a brand new S&W 22/32 Kit Gun whose rear sight could not be adjusted far enough laterally to put bullets into the target at 25 yards. Upon close examination with a straight edge we found that this revolver's frame was actually machined in a slight curve. Clearly no one had test fired this revolver at the factory.

Some of the article is the author being an autist about S&W lifting ideas from other companies but he has some valid points too.

Smith & Wesson M&P series really kick ass. Their just like a Glock, except they don't look and feel like ass.

Really clueless why they aren't more popular. I know everyone loves the shield, but not the full size pistols?

Probably has something to do with their $40 magazines when Glocks can be had for $19 and a general lack of brand awareness among the general shooting public. Friends dad owns multiple S&W revolvers but didn't know they even made a semi-auto pistol until his son bought one.

They are rebranding themselves and setting up a new headquarters in my hometown, too bad I left years ago. There in a transitional stage we'll see what happens. Mom's new faggot boyfriend just got hired as new cfo or vise cfo or something I'll see what he has to say towards the end of the year when new hq and I think manufacturing is set up.

Sometimes it is easier to keep the whole department using one gun. Glock armorer courses are also cheap, quick and readily available while blue label discounts are substantial

If your claim to fame is being better than Taurus that's like claiming McD's is better than BK. Being better doesn't matter if you're just slightly less shitty for being more expensive.

M&P, MILITARY & POLICE, a lack of acknowledgment that civilians are the largest market share

That's just them playing the nostalgia card(which is all they have) their K-frame .38(now the model 10) was called the M&P back in the day. Calling their new shit that is just a marketing gimmick to evoke a time when S&W was quality.

Attached: Smith & Wesson - Military and Police.jpg (1200x587, 144K)

Well it lost its meaning when they put in on FUCKING EVERYTHING.

>tfw missed out on the fantastic model 10 deal classic firearms had in the past few months

Attached: Rage.png (300x309, 23K)

True, and a poor choice compared to glock marketing that uses blue label to reach police without excluding civilians

>The aftermarket plugs don't do shit.
Yes they do, they plug the hole left from removing the lock. You can remove the lock from a s&w in like 10 minutes.

Attached: _DSC5702.jpg (2000x1325, 310K)

>buys cucked gun
>pays $50 for $.50 of materials to pretend he's not a cuck

Is that a double-cuck? Cuck squared? I can't keep my cuck math straight at these cuck levels.

Right. But considering the fact that you pay more to have something you don't want manufactured then an additional cost for a plug and time to remove the lock and install the plug is nothing short of retarded when the end product is more expensive and less aesthetic

>There's your issue
Yeah man cause armslist or any other way to purchase something completely negates the greentext I quoted.
>Armslist: Rando rifle $2500, 1k in upgrades, like NIB, Firm, Will trade for 2k pistol or 5k rifle, If your trading better bring me cash.
Reality, a beat to fuck Savage rifle that the seller fired 500 rounds through last Friday like he does twice a month. With the added bonus of a 1k valued $40 NcSTAR better than NightForce, I tell'ya'what.

Lots of Model 10s out there user.
Here's one that's "buy-it-now" for $279

gunbroker.com/item/776043279

"No" we'll just see the continued proliferation of literally who ar assemblers and poly-framed striker guns in the big 3 defense calibers
This

Attached: IMG_5017.jpg (720x960, 218K)

Thanks, but that one doesn't come with all of the leather accessories.

>"No" we'll just see the continued proliferation of literally who ar assemblers and poly-framed striker guns in the big 3 defense calibers
As Banks refuse to back companies that sell firearms & accessories, if not just refusing to release the companies money to them.

> thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/06/daniel-zimmerman/bank-of-america-we-stopped-doing-business-with-gun-companies-because-our-employees-were-afraid/

> thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/04/daniel-zimmerman/bank-of-america-wont-lend-to-makers-of-assault-rifles/

> thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/robert-farago/breaking-citibank-to-dump-customers-selling-high-capacity-magazines-bump-stock-and-sales-to-under-21s/

Yeah because the M&P is some secret treasure. Get real. It's a slightly shittier glock clone.

Well there's plenty of people scalping the AIM sets on gunbroker too...

gunbroker.com/item/775999170

gunbroker.com/item/776015951

gunbroker.com/item/771546439

Or you can buy a cheap model 10 and then buy cheep used leather...it's all out there on the market if you really want it. My LGS has a fucking bin full of old cop leather in it for $10 a holster lol.

If I pull that lock off, will you die?

Capitalism

Rugger makes a great product these days. They fucking listened to consumers, for one.

It was $10.

Yeah it sucks I'm just correcting the guy saying that it does nothing and implying that the lock is immutable.

Wait, I'm not up to date on this shit. What did they do to cause this?

It still looks shit compared to one without a lock

i've had a 617 for 4 years now and after thousands of rounds it has been nothing short of fantastic

tkcustom.com/products/s-w-lock-system-replacement-plug

M&P sales are in decline, even with the 2.0, more LE are dropping them in favor of glock and sig, and they put a lot of their eggs in one basket assuming there would be some sort of AWB passed, so they turned their AR production up to 11, and then got stuck with a fuckton of inventory they couldn't move, so they had to firesale it out.

Share some

>brandfag
Spotted the poorfag

Anyone who besmirches a Smith is just the excuses of someone too poor to afford a nice revolver

I bought mine off of a guy on the s&w forums years ago for $10.

Attached: DSC_0528.jpg (2000x1325, 565K)

LAWLS

This isn't even all my wheelieboys...just the blued ones. Notice the pre-lock 25-5 and M38 and a for real Colt SAA...

Attached: famalamadingdong.jpg (2048x1536, 1.39M)

If this were true glock would have manufactured themselves out of the market. I agree with your point but for some reason it works for some companies and not for others. I think the 2nd gen shields made bigger improvements than the 5th gen glock, but they dont have the fandom to expect people to buy the same gun twice

your loss

When I got a new smith recently it'd obviously been fired quite a few times. There was a lot of carbon in the barrel and the back of the slide had carbon and brass shavings on it. Should I take some pictures of it? I didn't notice till I pulled off the slide. It's definitely more than a proof load for the kind of brass on it.

I've noticed a lot of new in box handguns I buy tend to have carbon on them and some obvious deposits on the barrel. This one was high cap so the brass marks could have just been since the magazine is fairly large and maybe this one just has some tighter tolerances there.

I like how Jow Forums shits all over S&W and Sig because cool crowd memes but holds Ruger up as an example of quality. Never change Jow Forums

M&P sales being down honestly surprises me. They're solid polymer semis that are less expensive than Glocks from a "reputable" manufacturer. Everything I've heard about M&Ps and Shields has been positive.

People would rather spend a little more and get what they want. If budget is the driving factor ruger comes in cheaper

M&P pistols are slightly down, but everything is across the industry. It's the AR market that's in the tank right now, which will rebound during the run up to the next election.

But what if an M&P is what they want?

I'm not saying they're bad pistols. But they're not hard to find used

I recommend it as well

>>but muh MAC

When did MAC complain about the M&P?

Who cares what that faggot has to say about anything? If he believes it, the opposite is probably true.

Glocks have name recognition and a huge aftermarket. On top of tons of police and military contracts. They out did S&W on a business front. S&W did not innovate the way Glock did. They copied Glock with their M&P lineup.

I say this as someone who doesn't own a Glock, nor do I want to own one.