So what went wrong?

Attached: MDR.png (739x380, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bullpupforum.com/index.php?board=47.0
bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=13093.0
youtu.be/p8kQSXgIt6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>nothing but reports of failure
Can you link their tales of woe? Google give me nothing but failures to treat multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis, and I really don't want to wade through that noise right now.

bullpupforum.com/index.php?board=47.0

bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=13093.0

>Believing a bolt gun company that had difficulty moving their expensive shit, would somehow not completely buttfuck a semi auto design...

I get they wanted accuracy, but fuck guys, you shoulda just stayed in your lane and made a more affordable bullpup bolt gun to raise capital and hire real fucking engineers.

The AK, M16 and even the Springfield 1903 rifle had Rocky beginnings. This gun is going through the same thing. It will get everything worked out in the next year or two.

isn't this made by that cult?

It looks more complicated than an AUG. Shouldn't firearms move towards simplicity?

in about the time for no one to give a fuck

who could have forseen that a memepup made by a literally who company ended up being a piece of shit?
*inhales*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
J U S T
G E T
A N
A R 1 5
AR ONCE AGAIN PROVEN GOAT RIFLE PLATFORM

which cult? Some cults have very good designers and engineers.

I prefer single-shots as well.

>government weapons projects were shit in the beginning
>so it's OK this commercial venture went to market prematurely

Buying a gun where you cant see into the chamber is retarded. What if your extractor breaks and you have a round insitu? You'd never know. Plus the round ejecting only after you return the working parts.

Their bolt guns sell really well. Was a time when there was a 7month wait to get one.

What are you even talking about. Turn your arm to the left and observe the chamber. Just like what you would do on any other rifle.

Gr8 b8 m8
We all know the AR family of rifles worked perfectly as issued from the factory from the very beginning, there haven't been decades of use and improvement to reach the current form.

It'd be a real cunt to clear a malfunction in a hurry. MAC said the field strip was "grunt proof" looked pretty finicky to me.

Look at the picture. The chamber is under the black clip on cover. You need to take it off to look in at the boltface, chamber, mag well.

A fair few of the "failure reports" I've seen are by people that have never actually used one based on what they say (getting basic mechanics and layout of the rifle wrong) and a lot of the remainder are before the rifles were broken in.
You might say "but it shouldn't need to be broken in" and you might be right, but they do significantly improve once its done. I bought one as did someone else at my rifle club. I spent the first few range trips mortaring it open or using a dowel rod to clear stuck cases. After running a few hundred rounds through it, it smoothed out a lot and besides one torn rim on reloaded brass I haven't had any problems. The other person from my club had less severe problems at the start but also has had basically none since.
So take the reports with a grain of salt, two isn't a huge sample size but its enough to make me a little dubious.

Do you just shoot it with the cover off?

Heh. Do you guys remember the XCR launch? The rifles were so great they disassembled themselves!

Faggot OC wants this. The end.

Stoner's ar worked properly. Military fucked their shipment by forcing cheapshit.

Why not just buy an AUG?

>Broken in

Well made firearms do not have a break in period. A manufacturer telling you there is a break in period is making shitty guns with poor maching and worse QC that they're hoping will just smooth out during ownership.

No reputable firearm manufacturer will ever tell you their gun has a break in period. You don't hear guns need break in periods from Glock, H&K, or others. You hear them from shit builders like Kimber and Remington.

Attached: verwp.jpg (268x200, 18K)

Anything mechanical has a break in period you absolute fucking sperg. I bet when you get a new car you drive the shit out of it for the first 500 miles like a mouth breather dont you?

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

The pair of scissors I just bought has a break in period? Good to know.

Go sit in the corner while the adults that own guns are talking, sweetie.

Disregard I suck cocks, I didn't even open the image I assumed it was just open

Break-in period? More like post-purchase rationalization implementation. Ha! I'm such a slogan-loving libshit, I used the "tion" suffix slogan to enforce change! Come on man no bruv man *BLAMBLAMBAMBA Oh sorry
>BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM
>put me in the screencap /b/ros KEK PRAISE KEKE SHADILAY SHADILAY

Are you ok user?

>Anything mechanical has a break in period you absolute fucking sperg.

This isn't true in the slightest.

Take a walk, Anonymous.

>Go sit in the corner while the adults that own guns are talking, sweetie.

Do you know where you are right now?

>being unable to meet marginal demand
>selling really well

I mean sure, if thats the metric. I could barrel a customers action and spend a whole year doing it.
>There was a year backlog but its selling really well!

I dont particularly agree unless its a bike or a pair of shoes, but given how spergy and upset the replies you got are, you're automatically right.

>So what went wrong?
It's in the same category as this STG44 repuduction which totally wasn't a repuduction to justify the shit stampings. It's a mememgun retards actually dropped money on without having held one. Preordering a fucking firearm, bet the S*o*ylent and Nintendo Switch™ are strong in them.

I never understood how this got to "meme gun" status. Like, the Kriss Vector, the Chiappa Rhino, the Hudson H9, the Kel-Tec anything, I get all that, they're doing unique and innovative shit that gets people interested regardless of how the actual quality or practicality of the end product turns out. But what am I missing about this rifle? It's just a bullpup 5.56, and for more than the price of a Steyr AUG. Why would someone want to buy this at all over its proven competitors, let alone want it enough to pre-order years in advance?

In theory it has some cool features and was shilled by a few youtube gun channels. People are dumb and trusting.

Because .308?

why the fuck would you preorder a gun

It has a tiny and relatively simple forward ejection system that's also reversible for cool factor. Then its chassis is based around .308 first, meaning caliber swaps downwards to smaller rounds should be easy in theory. That's the good 50% of its claim to fame. Unfortunately the other 50% is that it was expensive and made of vapor for a long while.

Caliber conversions are a fucking meme

>Do you know where you are right now?

Attached: 1499115942112.png (486x495, 425K)

You have autism.

>AR's ever working
Wanat says hi.

Attached: UniformSpecificHarvestmouse-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 2.12M)

ehh not so fast youtu.be/p8kQSXgIt6M

>Do you know where you are right now?

Attached: 1500779295355.jpg (360x272, 20K)

How does that invalidate the fact that caliber conversions are a meme marketing trick that almost nobody bothers to use? The XCR was particularly loud about its ability to be converted but it still required you to buy a bunch of extra parts and separate barrels. By the time you have all the extra shit you could have just gone and bought another rifle. If you're using the same upper, you now have to re zero your optics and sights. The other thing is cost, with most people not really shooting enough for it to matter, and if you're shooting something common you have almost no reason to ever need to switch. It's an expensive gimmick. You can just buy an AR and swap uppers for less than the price of some of these other rifles like the XCR and ACR - did they ever even release the caliber conversions for the ACR?
Unless deserttech has some amazing new marvel of engineering that doesn't require a bunch of extra shit this "feature" is going to remain in hipster land forever.

Puts into perspective the SCAR's pricetag where you're paying after the R&D has been done rather than paying to be a guinea pig.

>Anything mechanical has a break in period you absolute fucking sperg.
How should I break in my toaster and coffee brewer?

Gr8 b8 nigger faggot

Attached: 289DDE33-2EA2-4208-BB0C-9C70368A282C.gif (352x199, 1.32M)

I am saving up for when this baby hits. Sure, not all parts are made in lithgrow, and it is off a preexisting design, but they are behind it and they have already done a military contract which is miles ahead of a DT.

Attached: LithgowAtrax01.jpg (750x500, 48K)

My original post from the fb mdr owners group in May.

So, a pair of positive range reports.
I finished "breaking in" my rifle last Saturday. I say that in quotations, because, while I had intended to do that on the adverse gas setting, I didn't read the manual right and left it on normal. I had about 4 double feeds out of 400 rounds of el cheapo .308, but no real issues. As you can see in the picture, I had my hammer and rod ready to knock out any stuck casings but didn't have any. The thing was really gassy with my suppressor, but instead of running it on suppressed, I ran it on adverse, same reason as above. I did not clean it before the range trip, but cleaned it afterward, which smoothed out a lot of aspects in the rifle.

Attached: 32886004_1887926057937138_711131333065179136_n.jpg (960x720, 99K)

The rest got cut off.
I installed the 6 position gas key mid-week, and today I ran about 200 rounds of 168gr Federal Gold Medal for accuracy testing, and (no photo, as the range didn't allow you to travel downrange) was shooting about 1 moa groups at 100 yards. Maybe better, seeing as I am running a 4x on it, which is kind of coarse for accuracy testing. Suppressed on setting "1" was significantly better. Still gassy, but not really noticeable while firing. I only knew it was gassy because it left a streak on my face. While shooting the last 100 rounds of my garbage ammo unsuppressed, I think it was overgassed on the "4" setting, as I had another double feed. That was the only malfunction of today.
To review my experience, the recoil is significantly lighter than expected - it doesn't hurt to shoot 300 rounds in a single range trip.
The ergonomics are excellent, very well balanced. It practically begs to be shot standing. The magazine release was stiff at first, but working it out and a little bit of CLP, it is a non-issue. The P-Mags I was using were sometimes a little difficult to seat, but I realized I was limp-wristing them in while the bolt was forward, so no real hit there.
Reliability is spot on. I couldn't ask for a better break-in. The double feeds were cleared in seconds with a mag drop and bolt cycle. If you pull the bolt slowly, it doesn't fully shove the cartridge into the ejection shute, but that adds about 10 to 15 seconds to clear. In a personal defense situation, it just means strip the ejection shute out and fire without it, so really, 10 seconds max to get the rifle shooting again.
All in all, I love this gun. I own a small but diverse arsenal of guns, but this MDR is by far my favorite. And not just because I waited 2 years for it. As far as I am concerned, desert tech knocked this one out of the park.

My MDR is set up with a Trijicon 4x ACOG, Gen 3 Magpul P-mags, an advanced armament 90T muzzle break, and an aac SR-7 suppressor.

You sound like someone who is desperate to justify their purchase.

I don't even dislike the mdr that much, but like... that's how you sound, my dude.

This user needs breaking in.

We get it, buyers remorse.

The AR isn't on any nation's flag
>GOAT is the Kalishnakov

Stockholme syndromed as fuck.
Shoulda got a Tavor or Aug. Sad!

>failed the mus test
OH NONONONO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In an SD scenario, even 2 seconds is unacceptable.

Only seen one at a local gunclub and the guy had constant ftf issues. I figured it was just the steel cased ammo he shot but I guess not.

Attached: 1529277193069.jpg (540x344, 52K)

>preorder gun for $2500
>use steel cased ammo

>Implying a gun that expensive shouldnt eat whatever you feed it

You can get a $600 AK or AK and it will have no issues with steel cased ammo. For $2500 a gun should be able to handle whatever ammo you want it to handle.

Steel cased ammo might be a piece of shit, but your rifle should be able to run it if it costs an arm and a fucking leg to pre order the damn thing

Attached: i15512499251.gif (100x100, 33K)

Do you care?

*AK or AR
On the pistol end of things, Glocks and M&Ps will also handle steel cased ammo without issues. The idea that an expensive gun shouldn't have to handle cheap ammo is paradoxical. This isn't a sports car; I shouldn't have to take it to the retailer's garage and give it fancy oil just for it to function.

You can remove the cover if you so desire. As long as you have the ejector in place, the rifle will work just fine.

>No reputable firearm manufacturer will ever tell you their gun has a break in period. You don't hear guns need break in periods from Glock, H&K, or others. You hear them from shit builders like Kimber and Remington.
HK MP5s (and all MP5s in general) recommend a 500rd break in period (if in 9mm using 147gr loads). Having gone through it myself it makes sense. HK uses some fucking strong ass springs. Same for their USP line they are well known for malfunctioning for the first 500 and then after that running like butter.

>thinking that the opinion of goatfuckers and niggers means anything when it comes to bestgun
tell me again how a cutrate piece of shit commie gun is good

Look you get a choice. You buy a gun that has finish wear because the factory shot it 100-300 times. Or you get a perfect finish and wear it in yourself. As someone who works with machines and owns firearms of both high and low end, its very rare to find a mechanical object that wont benefit from a break in. Mass production will require you to produce parts with a slightly wider tolerance spec than if you had someone hand QC each component (incredibely expensive and uncommon skillset in current year). Because of this a lot of machines like to be run for a couple hours before you get proper function. The parts in some areas are overcontacting due to tolerance stacking, the wear in is rubbing parts on eachother but at an increased force/friction than they would have at proper spec. This causes accelerated wear until the part has worn into appropriate spec.
>Does a wear fit achieve the most precise and tightly specd parts?
No, but theyll be perfectly acceptable for the majority of uses (exclude precision applications)
>Why doesnt x gun need a wear fit despite costing under 3k?
It likely still does, but the level of tolerance stacking or wideness of tolerance varies from company to company or even machine to machine (firearm to firearm). And sometimes itll be so slight that you barely notice the break in and just assume it to be working perfectly, in reality you mightve smoothed things out just slightly and increased bolt velocity.

This is why if you want something that has had someone go over and manually bring everything into perfect spec out of the box youre going to have to pay for it either from factory, or from a skilled armourer. This sort of things usually limited to high end semi decorative or historic firearms, and very high end or precision intended rifles/handguns.

Every trigger pull justifies my purchase. My post was a response to OP saying there are no good reports. I am here to say that he is in idiot.

I don't want the AUG's shit ergos and lack of intermediate cartridge. Honestly I would rather just keep my AR than have an AUG. As for the Tavor, I would like to fire more than 10 rounds before needing to let it cool down because it strings shots.

Every gun I own has its little problem or two, and the MDR is no worse. The last few times I took it out, I haven't had any issues with it. Even the gassiness is gone. No more streak.

>So what went wrong?
It's not an AR

No, just curious.

>Buy new mags
>Only fits 13 out of 15 first use
>Fuck! Guess it's broke! Gotta keep buying new ones!

>As for the Tavor, I would like to fire more than 10 rounds before needing to let it cool down because it strings shots.
Proofs?

>Glocks and M&Ps will also handle steel cased ammo without issues
Glock will shit steel directly into your face because a perfect product demands perfection

>lack of intermediate cartridge
5.56mm isn't an intermediate cartridge? Huh.

The AUG is chambered in an intermediate cartridge, 5.56, idiot
Can't argue any of your other points

Intermediatemind

Meant for full power rifle cartridge.

Cucked by an inanimate object! Just buy a SIG.

>Believing anything MAC says
Lol

But then you have a huge open hole just begging to get fucked by dirt.

Aug shit ergo? I’ve had a lot of time on the Aug the two major issues I have are trigger and having to look turn my head away from what I’m shooting at when checking stoppages. Aside from that it’s a great weapon.

I don’t believe what he says. That’s why I said it looked finicky while he said it was grunt proof.

How is life being this dense?

Attached: 1507010326218.png (634x924, 101K)

why has nobody just made a bullpup furniture conversion set for an ar?
>free floated trigger and grip instead of handguard
>bullpup stock that conventional lower/buffer tube can drop into
all you would need is a linkage bar that attaches internally in the stock to the AR trigger group from the handguard replacement. The bullpup stock can cover over the AR Lower's trigger guard but leave the traditional controls exposed for minimal affect on the rifle.

>can't see into
>can literally function without the ejection port cover
>has a larger and more visible opening than an AR when the cover is removed
it seems like you've never seen one in your life, buddy.

get an M17S or an RFB

>Requires taking off the cover
>Huge area for grit to get into
>Shells now eject perpendicular rather than forwards
Why buy one?

you could say the same damned thing about an AR, friend.
you buy it because you want it.

Only issue I really had with mine is that it doesnt like the scrubbed germen MEN ammo, and I didnt break it in on adverse, otherwise it works just fine.

Attached: BattleRaifus2.jpg (1920x1080, 949K)