Matching ammo

If I wanted too shoot the same ammo type out of a revolver and a lever action rife would it be more effective to use a pistol caliber like .357/.44mag or a rifle caliber like 30-30/ 45-70.

Attached: C71C9BAC-1145-4E84-9B44-18515969716B.jpg (480x360, 54K)

Pistol cartridges naturally. The original rifle pistol combo was 1873 winchesters and whatever revolver in .44 WCF which was more a "pistol" cartridge.

.357 seems to have the most flexible ballistics in terms of gaining a lot from rifles but still being manageable in pistols. Plus it is one of the cheapest options.

Revolver ammo with hornady soft spitzer pointed bullets for maximum performance

Go with a 357.

Good luck finding an instock lever action in 357 that isnt some absolte shit-tier henry.

Who makes decent lever gats these days

Serious question, what's wrong with Henry? I don't know much about lever actions brands, but I've heard plenty of times that Henry is a good choice as an entry-level, though some people keep mentioning that a problem relates to something about a gate loader.

T. Been curious about buying one.

Marlin totally retooled the .357 1894 line and revealed it at SHOT earlier this year....

They do not have a loading gate so to many they are not worth considering.

uberti, winchester, henry, and marlin (qc issues).

Gallery of guns has one Cimarron 1873 left in .375 after I bought the other one
There's probably a few other uberti floating around somewhere

NELSON KING WAS RIGHT
Oh snap what, when is that hitting shop floors?

Can you run 38sp in 357 mag lever action rifles?

Yes, but you might run into feeding issues because it's shorter.
I'll let you know when I pick mine up next week.

A loading gate means you can side load it. Basically the best fucking design possible.

Tube loading existed until lever action companies could replace it with something less shitty (loading gate) and they never went back to that fucking retarded idea.

Then henry comes along...

>you end up putting your wiggly bits near a muzzle of a gun.
Dumb.

I hate them because Henry is now associated with guns that aren't even based on the original design by Benjamin Tyler Henry.

Rossi 92 is solid, if you can find one.

Feeds .38 Special like a champ too.

Do they have it in 24 in barrel?

Yes, most people do. There's no issue with using 38 special.

They don't have any at all

Yes. Otaganal cowboy.
As well as a couple of stainless versions. The demand is through the roof though. So enjoy your shit-tier mossberg.

No loading gate, you have to use the fucking tube. Marlins are side load, side eject. Remington fucked the company for a while though.

Yes. You can even modify .357 levergats to take newer plastic speizer tipped bullets by changing the magazine follower, although you will have to do that anyway since the factory shipped plastic ones suck ass.

Action on mine had to be smoothed out to feed and function properly, but yes, its a good gun now.

45-70!!!

Attached: thunder 5.jpg (645x634, 74K)

That's a rifle round, out of a pistol barrel you're only going to get a big fireball, wasting most of the potential of the cartridge. I'd like to see a chronograph of it being done, personally, so we can know for certain just how much of a meme it is

>big fireball
>waste
fuck you normie get outta muh Jow Forums

>normie
Fuck off you goddamn newfaggot