AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Bullyzone
Tripfag containment

Smolboi edition

Old

Attached: 20180612_142151_HDR-1.jpg (2786x1795, 958K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tombstonetactical.com/catalog/lmt/m7sl-mars-l-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: soon.jpg (4160x2340, 2.79M)

I got a date Tuesday with a bumble girl. What do I talk about?

Attached: af2 (1).png (741x568, 29K)

tell her all about your frog memes

Attached: 1522204488715.gif (840x488, 511K)

Why she isn't on your dick yet

A cute. I've thought about getting a DDC Mk8 to put on my mk18 eventually.

Attached: 20180621_202705.jpg (1458x4032, 3.15M)

what even is bumble

is it a tinder

Attached: 1487879155867.jpg (657x527, 38K)

S to spit on ash's grave.

Attached: ash.jpg (468x355, 120K)

Anyone try a Mk12 Mod 1 build in 762?

You mean a Mk11?

i see you postin in that Jow Forums thread boi.

Is this a joke?

Attached: !.jpg (577x800, 164K)

If it's an AR thread, why do you have a FN SCAR as your first pic, lolz

Thanks

Hey you stupid mother fucker, you live scaranon alone.

I think Apu is a date two thing

I'm put of town

It's like tinder but the girl has to talk first.

Attached: R14kkDj (1).png (657x527, 13K)

I think it's tinder, but girls have to message first.

He's lost weight.

Attached: 20180621_182545.jpg (4032x3024, 3.15M)

I never said it wasn't a beautiful and very durable rifle. I'm just asking whats up? You can't beat the drum mag either. What caliber is it?

Did tombstone give you an ETA on the stripped MARS?

Attached: notsorry.jpg (500x491, 53K)

>solstice posting

not the timney trigger fag, prefer the mbt, im the b5 sopmod, ta31f guy.

Damn Ive been here for 7 years and I didnt know the frog had a name. kek @ all you fucking faggots

Negatory. They apparently sold out about the time I ordered.

Attached: 20180621_182551.jpg (4032x3024, 1.84M)

I just talked to ash's mom again. She said he isnt allowed on this website anymore.

proofs

Its the spicy user
Hes full of shit
Dont feed him

fuck off trASH

Pay me

Attached: sample_33499a1ae433b503f4ab17829e0284f5.jpg (850x1511, 407K)

How do you like the Seekins selector? What SWFA scope is that and how do you like it?
That barrel looks a bit too thicc IMO.
Battle Arms Development gas block?

The mechanism tightens by a wedge. There is canting going on.
Pictures incoming. Front view of LaRue offset micro red dot mount on the DMR. See it?

Attached: 20180621_222356.jpg (869x879, 159K)

Fake oc

Little more obvious in this one.
This is my LT751.

Attached: 20180621_222052.jpg (918x1632, 450K)

smooth boi! La rue mount soon.

Attached: 20180614_122413.jpg (2200x1650, 2.09M)

Really obvious in this third picture.
I'm not saying I've had any issues, but from a design perspective I don't like it.

Attached: 20180621_222138.jpg (918x1632, 428K)

>How do you like the Seekins selector?
It's great, aggressive texturing and a short throw.

What SWFA scope is that and how do you like it?
SS 1-4x, it's nice but I think a Vortex PST 1-4x is a little nicer.

>That barrel looks a bit too thicc IMO.
It's a 40oz SPR barrel

>Battle Arms Development gas block?
Geissele Super Gas Block

I also spoke to ash's mom, there was some sort of accident with ash, he needed to be transported out of their home, she sent me this picture

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 24K)

>mfw ash is watching this thread screeching at his computer

Attached: giphy (1).gif (400x206, 1.76M)

if the rail is in spec it shouldnt be canted tho

>larue “”””quality”””””

It tightens by wedge mechanism. It cants by design.

Attached: 20180515_185722.jpg (2313x1363, 1.89M)

>AR thread
>No AR in OP

what's in your gripz, /arg/?

Attached: 20180621_234019.jpg (3264x1840, 1.47M)

Hello friends my paycheck had an extra few hundred bucks on it from OT and I have a few parts I considered upgrading with it. I haven't yet ordered the barrel (16.5") and lower receiver which will be from Areo. My question is this, should I use the extra money to get a better lower, if Areos are not that good, or upgrade my barrel with a MD instead of the A2 birdcage? They're the only parts I don't have yet.

>upgrading
>16.5
Get a 14.5 and pin it

>Tabasco

my nigga.

wtf? is areo? what you need to do is get yourself a cvlife scope, a much sound investment, theyre on sale right now.

Attached: 80b04b77-bb54-4ad1-a398-4d35078027d2_1.84ba24912c066bad6348314868a1f848.jpg (970x600, 96K)

Skip the 16" barrel. Do a 14.5" pin and weld. I suggest BCM BFH CHF ELW LIGHTWEIGHT 14.5"
Skip Aero lower. Spring for something better. First choice should be LMT MARS Ambi, second could be LWRC AMBI if you can find it stripped, third could be ADM Ambi, fourth could be Radian Ambi.
Leave the A2 flash hider for now.

Attached: 20170506_163225.jpg (2094x1254, 1.82M)

I fucked up. I meant 14.5.

OwO, what's this
>

Attached: IMG_7132.jpg (1632x1224, 1.51M)

I am already getting a BCM barrel, but the general advice from here seems to be 'save the A2 and just slap a can on it'. Thank you for the lowers though.

How the hell is this even possible?

Attached: chrome_2018-06-21_23-50-32.png (834x693, 170K)

It's doing what I expect, then a little more. I'm continually surprised by it's performance. Really well thought out design. If I'd had almost any other gun, I likely would have gotten a surefire, but in this case, there were so little in the way of weapon lights that were currently available for my specific configuration and personal requirements, that the TLR 7 really jumped out at me. Really digging the way it looks right now. Considering ricing my 29 a little bit as a result.

Business has been going well, but it is certainly not without it's challenges. Lots of changes, but I'm pretty committed to make things work as they are now.

If I end up doing another 556 build, It's definitely going to have to become a more budget/fun oriented blaster. Looking at making the barrel a priority for quality parts, and getting something fun for an optic, like a holosun holo sight or an old eotech, using some leftover parts from recceabortion build, and seeing how nice of a full-featured budget blaster I can make, without going full gucci, or going full poverty. Just something fun, but something I can trust to do serious work too. Lots of ideas, really need to prioritize acquisitions with the wedding coming up, hit me up on email and I'll give you the full wall of text, but I'm sleepy right now, so I may not see the rest of this thread

Attached: gmightmarerip.jpg (1024x473, 96K)

For you

Wait, do lower receivers even go through enough punishment to justify springing for something better?

No bcg or ch

>what's this
old news

no, but if getting bullied here worries fork over the extra dosh.

Early adopter tax can be steep

Good to hear. I may pick one up eventually for the P30sk if I finally get on board with using a light on my CC gun.

Attached: 20180210_220856.jpg (3024x2998, 2.83M)

Not really, I'm just trying to make my rifle have decent parts all around.

Basically, no. Most lowers are made by the same, like, 5 machine shops and just have different rollermarks/engraving anyway. Aero and Anderson being one the main exceptions for companies who make and market their own shit and don't outsource it whatsoever. Biggest difference between Aero and Anderson is finish and style; Aero has a much smoother finish, and they have both forged and billet stuff, while Anderson just has their one poverty pony lower... at least to my knowledge.

TL:DR nah.

I don't do research on shitty guns

get an aero, a good lpk and a mbt trigger and call it a day, dont listen to wgws shilling for a $700 lmt mars ambi lower.

Ah, so I'm just paying extra for brand shit.

The stuff you sperg on is railz, optics, and trigger if you're going for something nice on a budget. Your upper, lower, stock, buffer, and grip don't matter for shit. Also barrel, I guess, but it's sort of hard to go wrong in that regard as well, because it's the same case with lowers; only a number of shops actually produce their barrels, most just outsource them.

Guys I’m new to ARs. Bought this upper from someone online. Is this normal?

Attached: D8C4C217-9514-464B-9B01-AC69B898CC4F.jpg (1536x2048, 449K)

and styling, yeah. If you want something that looks real nice, get a billet Aero. If you want a lower for 40 bucks, buy Anderson. If you want a lower with a stupid looking roller mark and too many engravings, buy Spike's.

Ah I see. Well I guess I'll get the same stuff I was going to and later after I'm comfortable with my gun I'll add some extra gadgets like scopes and triggers.

Peanut butter

$230
tombstonetactical.com/catalog/lmt/m7sl-mars-l-ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver/

yes, even though /arg/ wont admitted and want to justify spending up to $700 for a hunk of aluminum worth $20.

lick it, it's super yummy

It looks like gorilla glue or something. Not sure if that’s normal or not.

yeah I've noticed. Its hard to get good advice because it seems people here have zero idea of budget.

for the stripped version, full build runs $700

It's grease.

Yeah, bitch, the upper's fine. You bought it from me, and I'd put 100 rounds through it with no explosions.

Attached: 20180621_202310.jpg (3264x1840, 1.97M)

Fuck I’m retarded...

How many days do companies run 4th of July sales? How many companies can I expect to save from? Just the cheap ones?

some people here are trust fund kids that can drop any amount of dosh and a similar and cheaper lower but dont get me wrong, lowers are one thing but you do need to drop dosh and quality components, barrels, bcg, optics and rails if you want a rifle that will take a beating and be accurate. I have my bcm mcmr sitting on a poverty tier lower and it runs fine.

Yeah my barrel, upper, and handguard are gonna be BCM but until I'm rolling in it I'm going to use cheap parts for the rest and irons.

Can’t wait to get my lower now.. gonna go inna woods and this is gonna be my raifu.

This is sort of a stupid thing, but if you want a cheap way to run a rifle for the first little bit just to get a true feel for things, buy one of these. I've got one bouncing around from an airsoft gun I bought, like, 3 years ago, and not only does it still work, but when I put together my first flat-top I tossed this on and was able to get 1-2 inch groups at 30 yrds once it was zeroed. Gave me a good idea of where I wanted the optic, and if I liked the cheek rest of the stock I was running on it.
For 30 bucks, not much can go wrong, lol.

4jul sales tend to be the best all year. Better than BF. Wait two weeks and find out

shit ass. forgot pic.
and link too

Attached: chrome_2018-06-22_00-15-51.png (1629x699, 262K)

>1-2 groups at 30
Much has already gone wrong

get a gud bcg (in whatever flavor youd like toolcraft/cryptid,bcm,dd,colt,FZ etc), a good set of irons again in whatever flavor youd like (magpul pro,KAC,DD, LMT) then add an optic if you want doesnt have to be an acog just yet get an aimpoint pro for the time being and later upgrade

meant 1/2, sorry. I'm half-asleep at the wheel here

>buying $2-300 irons before an optic
Brainlet spotted

might as well get a tr25 for like $20, better than that no name optic. thats the lowest id go for a red dot.

I'll consider it, but I don't like having shit I'm going to replace later. I know its inevitable with a cheap rifle, but I get attached to things and its hard to get rid of them.

Yeah I was gonna get toolcraft BCG, some irons off ebay (since apparently they're more durable, and then save up for an optic later on, but I'm not much of a larper so I doubt it'd be battery powered. Maybe a decent zoom glass scope I could take off easily enough.

those are just suggestion but getting a good pair of irons is a must he can get the DD or magpul pro for 120-150

>a good pair of irons is a must
A good pair of irons is literally the last thing you should buy for a build. Optics, slings, lights, other control accessories, should all take priority over irons that you will never use

>I have these irons for backup
>but I've never shot with them lol

toolcraft will serve you fine, but do get some good irons, will help with accuracy and be durable standing up to abuse over some chicom bullshit, im running magpul pro's and i like em and im also running the dd fixed irons on a non optic rifle. its better to buy gud stuff once and have no regrets

>aimpoints, acogs, and even eotechs
>failing in any condition besides being shot off your gun
Maximum fucking wew. Even coolkids aren’t bothering with irons anymore

Yeah I don't like making bets against luck. That's a great way to get fucked.

seriously nigger? youre suggesting an optic and lights before irons? git gud with irons and move unto an optic, how are you going to aim if something happens to the optic?

>runs out of batteries

Have fun looking for those little bastards after we get nuked.