Ruger LCRx thread

thinking of getting one with my next paycheck.
wondering if Taurus makes a better option

Attached: lcrx-543-52198-20150821-041-800.jpg (800x600, 40K)

>Taurus
No.

Ruger is a good gun, and they stand behind their guns. Taurus is working hard on redeeming themselves and won't do you wrong if you get one made in the last year~hopefully.

Don't be a dummy, go with the Ruger.

just wondering, im not entirely sold on the whole frame made of 4 different material thing.

I think Taurus revolvers are alright especially given the price, but the LCR/LCRx are really solid, slick, nice feeling guns and Ruger's warranty is super excellent.

Definitely better than a Taurus.
Briefly owned an LCRx that I got in a trade. Very nice action on it and it held up fine to a few range trips. Only sold it because being a 2" it wasn't pleasant to shoot and CCW is a no-go in my county so it served no purpose.

Taurus makes a similar gun but it's shit. Feels loose as a dollar store cap gun. A metal framed Taurus might be ok, but if you learn how to check out a revolver you'll quickly notice how poorly fitted most hue-hue wheelguns are.

>full-size polymer revolver
Why? The base LCR makes a fair amount of sense to me, but if you're gonna have a longer barrel, grip and exposed hammer why not just get a Model 10 or something?

Because he likes it and isnt you

i only own a couple guns so i would like to use it for carry and the range.
plus the price difference between the 2 and three inch barrels is not huge.

I have an LCRx in 357. 158 grain is a bitch to shoot out of it. Everything else is pretty fun.

Have you considered an SP101 3" in .357? That's a good option too.

i didn't know they made a snub-nose 357 thank you!

Oh yeah, I have an SP 101. It's a sweet gun, hefty for its size but it handles recoil well

The snubby is the only one worth getting. If you are going to buy a 3" or longer barrel, might as well get a .357 magnum all-steel gun, like a Ruger.

3" is not snubnose.

No Taurus most certainly does not make a better option. If you want it for a carry gun groovy, if you want a target revolver get something heavier. Its very light so it does have some recoil.

Because the Model 10 is heavier, larger (yes, the 3" LCRx is smaller than a K-Frame), and the 6-shot cylinder adds width.

Don't get the Taurus.

The LCRx is fine, though unless you specifically really want your gun to be light, I can think of other options.

Ruger also make a number of other revolvers, like the GP100, and SP101, which is available with a longer grip and barrel, similar to the LCRx variant in your picture.

The GP100 is a full sized revolver, it's in .357 Magnum but you can shoot .38 Special in it, as typical. The SP101 is somewhat smaller, with a 5 round cylinder in .38 and .357, both revolvers have a solid steel frame.

Attached: SP101 .357 Magnum.jpg (540x540, 179K)

Because with a 5rd cylinder and 3" barrel, (and the use of alloy and plastic), it can be a pretty light and slim gun.
It's not the tiny snub of the regular LCR, but it's still also smaller than a GP100.
The longer sight radius and larger grip makes it easier to shoot, being able to cock the hammer is nice, and a little bit more velocity doesn't hurt.

It's definitely on the niche side, but I can see why it'd appeal to some. They also exist in .22LR, so that would be a great gun to teach kids or small handed girls with.
Double-action tends to be a little bit on the stiff side with rimfires, but it's not like they shouldn't start out focusing on single-action anyway.

Attached: LCRx 22.jpg (660x596, 35K)

Makes sense, but in that size range you could also get a Ruger SP101 or even a Charter Arms.

>wondering if Taurus makes a better option
Taurus makes cheap garbage

Unless I'm cosplaying Son of Sam, I would look at something nicer than a Charter Arms.

>Charter Arms
Fuck you, and fuck all the assholes recommending Taurus

Have a .22lr LCRx, it’s hard to describe just how light it is. You have to pick one up to understand.

They're good guns to train kids in that way.