Space Force thread

What could this mean? Also space force general

Attached: SmartSelect_20180621-223321_Twitter.jpg (1036x1023, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

defensenews.com/global/europe/2018/06/21/as-trump-pushes-for-separate-space-force-russia-moves-fast-the-other-way/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_atomic_bomb_project
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dont know why HK even bothers with ebin meems, it always feels wooden and the last time they tried it they just upset people who didn't get it.

>What could this mean?
It's just catnip for retarded Kochsuckers.

>Also space force general
Meme force general is a better term. US won't even exist by the time space craft actually become viable.

Attached: 1503583117877.jpg (600x600, 68K)

We would need a gun that could dissipate heat in the absence of an atmosphere. It would be an AR15 with a system for injecting coolant into the barrel and firing chamber, also in a smaller caliber as the only thing you would need to kill the enemy is to poke a bunch of holes in the bad guy's space suit.

Attached: Gun_Semiauto_Cylinder.gif (500x500, 1.96M)

or give it some kind of ejectable heat sink

Attached: 1473902307369.png (879x980, 458K)

Like some metal that could double as a container for the gun powder for the ammonium.

Fuck I... I think this could be the answer.

>nazi larp shit
Cringe

> in a smaller caliber as the only thing you would need to kill the enemy is to poke a bunch of holes in the bad guy's space suit.
Fuck off with the crap already, it's in every one of the million space force threads this week and every time someone explains why this is bullshit.
Takes more than a minute to depressurize a space suit with a bullet hole, assuming the blood doesn't seal the hole, or it doesn't have a self sealing layer or a compartmentalised design or they don't just slap duct tape over the hole because that is literally all it takes to seal it. A minute is way to long to be a threat. You still need good terminal ballistics.

>defensenews.com/global/europe/2018/06/21/as-trump-pushes-for-separate-space-force-russia-moves-fast-the-other-way/
Did anyone read this? It compares American and Russian air and space efforts. The Russians had a space force similar to the proposed US space force, but they integrated it into their air force in a way similar to how the USAF works. The reasoning was that their air and space forces missions were too similar and critical that they would be better off as a unified force like the USAF.

Of course this doesn't solve the problem of the USAF abusing its space component. There's also the fact that the US has a much larger and complex role in space than Russia does, which will only get worse with competition from a more powerful China, humans going to the Moon and Mars, and massive satellite constellations.

Does anyone have any good reads on Chinese military space policy? I wonder if they may lean towards creating a dedicated space force in response to the US.

>poke a bunch of holes in the suit
>as well as the dude inside it
>still a threat
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Having space as a separate entity is fucking retarded. It's not like space ships exist or will exist in any near future. This is nothing more than another boondoggle and a way for Trump to write his name into history books.

You've got no sense of humor do you?

Nah, not quite. The USAF operates a metric fuckton of sats. Unburdoning them from this, and having a focused, specialized force is needed.

It's forword thinking, not because trump is some genius, but a broken clock is right twice a day...

G11 would be the worst space gun...pretty much ever. It has no way to get rid of any of the heat it generates.

Modern guns already have an very good heat sink that it ejects, it's called brass.

>not because trump is some genius
Watch your mouth about the God-Emperor unless you'd like to trip out of the airlock without environmental suit

>but a broken clock is right twice a day...
unless its digital

Stumble after stumble, he is not that great buddy, and I voted for him. Stopping exercises with SK without telling SK is pretty unforgivable.

He won't win reelection.

>It's not like space ships exist or will exist in any near future.
That's probably the least important part of any space force discussion aside from "space marines" or aliens. The current discussion is on things like organizational changes, spacecraft and infrastructure security, and funding issues.

>wearing a US space suit with a Nazi patch

Attached: iffy69.jpg (759x500, 248K)

>Stopping exercises with SK without telling SK is pretty unforgivable.
What he did was give NK a year to pony up on their nuclear scaling back overtures, if NK doesn't deliver Trump has a whole fucking year to announce the exercises are back on and NK doesn't get shit out of it

>He won't win reelection.
Already has, democrats want to run Hillary again and pic related

Attached: hillary_change_obama.jpg (800x752, 260K)

The chamber is not what fails when the rifle gets hot and cases only remove a small amount of heat and only from the chamber.
Which is why he said you still need good terminal ballistics. Soldiers already complain about 5.56 occasionally ice picking, an even "smaller caliber" would be complete shit.

Both US and Soviet space programs were run by German scientists

Tho US got the ones with more practical experience

Attached: 1259364227159smug_trump.png (658x643, 20K)

Attached: 26787888.jpg (695x407, 76K)

>"run"

lol no

Modern rocketry and most of its principles were founded by Goddard, oberth, and tsiolkovsky. Neither of these were german, let alone Nazis. Operation paperclip was only necessary because the US wanted to have people who had EXPERIENCE launching rockets not because Nazis introduced any major innovative concepts in rocket science.

Gee it's a good thing the G11 had better thermal properties than 5.56 by the end of its development then, isn't it?

Attached: SpaceForces.jpg (2150x3079, 1.18M)

Sorry,our pistol's don't have thermal clips.

>"run"
>lol no
Literally yes, from developing the NUKES for UNCLE JOE to making the rockets, only literally possible because of German help

All documented

>Casual dress isn't literally an ever expanding amount bitches on your dick because you are a literal SPACE MARINE.

Pretty good but it needs the Browning M2 somewhere. The Ma Deuce must take to the stars and extend its reign of violence.

Attached: 1432534307842.png (1921x1744, 269K)

>putting the Chair Force in space
what are they thinking?

Attached: shiggy.png (600x450, 457K)

>what are they thinking?
Space elevators

oppenheimer was dutch
feynman was an american jew
fermi was german. oh no that's wrong he wasn't
blah blah blah
rocketry was invented by a mexican. the germans developed it further because they were autistic and thought magic would help them win the war and the allies were more concerned about just winning the war. the west also had rocketry anyway, and post war it wouldn't have been that hard to make up ground. von braun nearly got vanned a couple of times lol.
so yeah anyway you're a tool.

Brainlet. It had better thermal properties when you can cool the weapon via conduction or convection. All the heat is trapped inside the gun until said effects act on it.

Not so with traditional firearms, which use the above and the direct, removal of heat via a sink.

This is not rocket science.

>nazi
>t.underage
yes
womp womp

Attached: 1498029863777.jpg (878x1080, 607K)

incoming "mass effect"-style thermal clips.

Am I the only one who hopes homeworld style ships are a thing someday?

Attached: destroyer.jpg (1496x857, 523K)

go be a retard somewhere else.

I mean... Would be cool.

Attached: missle corvet.jpg (1366x768, 119K)

Attached: attack bomber.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

I mean Taiidan ships are where its at.

Attached: taiidan carrier.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

>Space force
>Not Space corps
Such heresy must be punish!

Attached: bangbang.gif (450x372, 1.48M)

So how long till superclass space battleships?

>go be a retard somewhere else.
Soory guy. German Nazi's created the V2 rockets which the Apollo ships were based on. I know your teachers and your White Guilt brainwash refuse to allow you to view any other objectively without ridicule.

But hey maybe your great great grandchildren will make it to Mars when the whole world is brown. Highly unlikely however.

Attached: nTJPahB.jpg (1200x957, 364K)

>gun weight is irrelevant in space cause muh zero g
>us starts fielding 20" barrel M107s and 20mm semi autos to protect against ayys and space pirates
>space Marines get into skirmish and a lot of fighting is done
>muh gravity so empty brass literally fills the air
>Marines issued spacial fly swatter devices as well as custom butterfly nets to more effectively clear viewing area of empties

Attached: 1529532739852.jpg (505x960, 177K)

>WE NEED MORE DAKKA

>dollars for space
Dollars well spent.

>fat nigger "mother" parading her malnourished child around saying OH LAWDY LOOK AT HOW DISADVANTAGED WE IS, GIB MO MONEY FO DEM PROGRAMZ
that one always makes me mad

>so yeah anyway you're a tool.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_atomic_bomb_project
>The Russian efforts also rounded up captured German scientists to join their program
>Domestic production was still insufficient when the Soviet F-1 reactor, which began operation in December 1946, was fueled using uranium confiscated from the remains of the German atomic bomb project.

Attached: 66.jpg (431x401, 20K)

Sarcasm aside, making casings out of even more conductive materials is probably the answer desu

>it's not like space ships exist
That you know of.

Will you stop samefagging

Seconded

Brass cases aren't magical. They remove a small percentage of the heat and they only remove it from the chamber which is separate to the barrel in caseless rifles. The chamber getting hot is only a problem for cook off, not for any other type of failure (the barrel will fail long before the chamber does) and the G11 was superior wrt to cook off than brass cased by the end of development.
This is not rocket science, this is basic tier research that can be found by a god dammed Google search and yet chucklefucks like you keep spouting it like it's gospel.

You don't get much more thermally conductive than brass.

>more thermally conductive
You actually want the opposite, most of the burning and thus most of the hottest gas is concentrated INSIDE the case. With a more thermally conductive case more would transfer into the chamber.
LSAT with its plastic cases actually runs with cooler chamber temperatures than regular ammo because of this. Chamber temperatures only matter for powder autoignition though anyway.

Source: www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/11/28/lsat-cased-telescoped-ammunition-problem-cookoff-brief-thougts-002-follow/

>chamber which is separate to the barrel in caseless rifles.
Can you explain how the bullet and the expanding gases escape then?

Would it just be more effective to use a pneumatic airgun at that point?

I know, I'm just telling him we already make cases out of some of the most thermally conductive material around.

The barrel and chamber align when firing, rather than the chamber and barrel being one continuous piece as they are in traditional rifles.
LSAT caseless swings the chamber into position, G11 rotates it, other concept designs angle, or raise it. A revolver revolves it into position. But regardless of the specific method because it is not continuous, the heat transfer rate is greatly reduced.

Wouldn't the best spes gun be a smoothbore gun firing ultra-fast low caliber projectiles? You'll retain max velocity indefinitely and you don't have to worry about destroying the barrel with the faster projectile because there's no rifling to strip out.

We Mass Effect now

I was more going for Dead Space. The Pulse Rifle fired what was essentially needles at mach 4.

So use a recoil operated system with captured gas piston rounds like the Russian pss or s4m. I'm imagining a hk53 or 33 using those rounds with a quick change barrel such as seen on the hk23 or 21. I'm pretty sure the hk system would work but extraction might be an issue, they'd probably have to lube the cases.

>scientists = materials!
Uhh... No?

I guess if everything else is going to be massively expensive, why shouldn't the small arms be too?

Read up on it you fagget, there were _several_ german scientists in both the soviet nuclear and rocket projects

My opinion of any voxel based space game is directly proportional to my ability to make homeworks style ships in that game

Daily reminder that small arms in space are fucking retarded.
There is no free movement in space. You are ALWAYS moving at high velocity around some gravitational object. Fired rounds will not only be affected by gravity, but differently than you and the poor fuck you're shooting at because of muzzle velocity.

>Earth Orbit
Good fucking luck hitting any god damned thing, and also, have fun slamming into every piece of debris in orbit.

>Moon Orbit
Have fun changing your orbit with every shot. Best case scenario you fall to the surface on the other side of the planet, worst case you end up falling towards the Earth and burn up in atmo.

>Moon surface
Viable for limited use of firearms

>Mars Orbit
Unable to hit anything else in orbit, ever

>Mars' satellites' orbit
Enjoy your escape velocity or falling onto the Martian surface in a gravity sponsored roller coaster

>Martian surface
Limited use is viable

The most viable personnel weapon in orbit would be a guided missile that engages its motor after you throw it away from yourself, or something similar. Or, you know, lasers n shit.

Project paperclip.

Tell that to an AYYLMAO and see what happens!

WHat about a railgun? I always heard expanding gases from a gun would propel you, most likely causing you to spin, but afaik railguns wouldn’t have gases.

Magnets push both ways

Only logical post in the thread, but sometimes it's fun to read the rest of Jow Forumss fantasy LARP anyways.

>Yfw America will be the only country on Earth to require a Star-map.

Attached: 1524616417071.jpg (944x872, 143K)

>coolant
How do you cool the coolant? Do you know how coolant works?

>rocketry was invented by a mexican.
The fuck are you talking about? The Chinese invented rockets and the first modern rocket engine, the Liquid fueled rocket engine, was invented by Robert H. Goddard.

The Nazi era Germans did way more with rocketry than any other group, there is a reason the Soviets and Americans were fighting over who got which scientist after the war. Von Braun was an absolute legend, the principal designer of the Saturn V. He is quite possibly the only reason man stepped foot on the moon.

Bull fucking shit. They had issues with cook-offs. Give me an evidence whatsoever of "Better thermal properties than 5.56".

How can USSF top this?
Cloaks?

Attached: 2D865D2B-4074-4C15-89CB-E687429ED70A.jpg (675x450, 114K)

>this is your brain on memes
The G11 was always destined for failure

Sword bearers wearing space suits and the sword had a glowing effect like a light saber

>we mass effect now

DoD (defense contractors) get's more money.

>model of a drone made in space engineers

>What is the eye dropper tool

There was a pretty interesting article in guns & ammo last month about a company that's made progress on polymer-cased ammunition, looks promising IMO.

Compression would create heat too.

>this thread
Reagan did the concept more justice anyway.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative
Ballistic missiles are a far more dangerous and credible threat than muh spess muhreens. But God-Emperor Trump can go jack off to his Ultramarines if he wants to, I don't care. But he had better not spend my money on his hobby.

Attached: 1509809708440.png (740x272, 47K)

>Tfw when we'll eventually make a magnetic of a gravity chariat

Attached: Space-Engineers.jpg (846x475, 83K)

>le Nazi XD
back to plebbit with you

What does it matter what your money gets spent on. They already took it

It’s a cod black ops reference. I think

>No Vandyland or Peterson

... okay, I guess if the Space Force gets us a finished G11, it wasn't a stupid idea.

>field assembly of G11 under any conditions

Attached: 1247537582059_ritarin_jaffat_tulee_visiiristä_läpi.jpg (621x621, 282K)

heh, nothin personnel kiddo

Attached: paperclip.jpg (340x148, 12K)

>Daily reminder that small arms in space are fucking retarded.
>daily reminder that nobody needs pistols when there are tanks and airplanes
People rarely fight over things that aren't habitable. Small arms are always going to be your go-to for taking and holding ground without destroying it entirely.

Somebody has to mop though

Attached: USSF boot.png (879x980, 507K)