So most weapons in Star Wars are just real world guns mashed together and with the firing pins removed...

So most weapons in Star Wars are just real world guns mashed together and with the firing pins removed. I was wondering if any user here has ever tried to make a working replica of a Star Wars blaster. Some of them are literally just the gun with a oversized scope or ill-fitted barrel accessory and I'm not sure how hard/legal it is to get tracer rounds, but with the autism on this board I wouldn't be surprised. Just seems like a fun idea.

Attached: 20180622_014659.jpg (2896x2896, 554K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EQQnkUGIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you and fuck Star Wars

>Fuck you and fuck Star Wars

fpbp

>with the firing pins removed
No, they didn't do that, at least not in the old movies. They in fact even used blanks for visual effect and for timing adding the blaster rays in post.
There's a few shots where you can actually spot the spent casings.

>I was wondering if any user here has ever tried to make a working replica of a Star Wars blaster.
I don't know about on Jow Forums, but I know that one guy did convert a C96 Mauser to Han Solo's blaster, live firing and all.

>I'm not sure how hard/legal it is to get tracer rounds
Not at all, you just buy them. California may be an exception, as they're pretty fucking gay, but few places in the US would restrict them. They're just bullets with some compound added to the base (older styles would burn, while a lot of modern tracers produce light in different, less fire hazardous ways).

You're really completely green to the subject of firearms, aren't you?

Try YouTube they have people who make film or game guns that work theres also some company in the usa that makes guns from games and films

There are working Han Solo blasters but that is easy as it is basically just a Mauser pistol with a bunch of shit stuck on it.

Video related

m.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EQQnkUGIk

Not op. But I really appreciate this. Especially the end, where you recognized summer and asked politely. This site turkish cray hookah making thread site has gotten so fucking uptight lately. I don’t get why we have to murder newfags. I’ve been on for like 2 years. We all just showed up once with shit on our ears.

.45 tracers look like star wars lasers on camera since the velocity is so low.

Plenty of people have ruined mausers pretending to be han solo.

The first SW weapons were designed by taking old guns from the 1950s to about 1900 and add bits and pieces from plane model sets, plumbing etc. Some vital parts like magazines were replaced with covers etc to look less real. The weapons actually seen in the movies were resin copies of these. It is fun to study in the end they are just props.

Lmao really? It wouldn't be hard for someone to fabricate a shell to wrap around a hi point carbine and make a stormtrooper blaster then

a dude who went to a few of the California meet ups made a working blaster and jawa gun. The jawa gun actually shoots pretty good.

Hey.

Attached: 20180616_164958.jpg (2048x1152, 1.78M)

>jawa gun
Assuming he didn't randomly stumble upon a virgin receiver, wouldn't that be an SBR?

Yup. Unless he chopped the receiver, if it's the guy I'm thinking of he's done a few of those builds too.

If a company started making civ legal sterlings and had an E-11 and DH-17 option they'd make a ridiculous amount of money off it. So many Star Wars nerds would be buying them it'd be insane. Too bad Disney would do their best to put the smackdown on that the instant they heard about it.

I really dont think so. Broomhandle Mausers aren't much of a hot item in those circles in spite of only lacking a side mounted scope to be Solos pistol and airshit E11s aren't much of a seller either, often being on sale.

Most star wars nerds who actully will spend that kind of money on star wars shit aren't gun people. They just want movie accurate props to display. People aren't going to want to have to worry about complying to laws in places like California etc.

I'm a star wars fan and a gun enthusiast. Would a functional star wars fun be cool, yes. Would I ever buy one, no. I would rather spend that $ on a cool real gun like a fancy HK or a nice optic etc.

People would drool over them and talk about them on forums a lot, few would buy.

I was hoping to convey a more dismissive tone.
Frankly, if you've only been here two years, you really should lurk more.

>The weapons actually seen in the movies were resin copies of these.
Some were actual blank firing guns, such as the Stormtrooper blasters.
I know they used MG34s as blaster rifles, but I don't know if they were blank firing or inert props. There's no belt or anything, and I don't remember if they showed them firing, but I figure if you locked the bolt back, slid a 7.92x57mm blank in the chamber, then closed the top cover, you could have like one shot for the camera.

There's the pseudo-Beretta stocks which ATI used to make, and High Tower finally came out with their bullpup stocks, so I'm thinking you could use one of those as a base for dressing up your .45 Hi-Point as a raygun.
Hi-Point also makes 20 round magazines for 9mm and .45 now, so if you want to slay more tincans faster, those are neat.

That's not really it. Movie gun props can get a lot of damage during production and they make resin props by the dozen so that when shit breaks apart or is stolen, they can just get another identical copy from the storage truck instead of go on a frantic reconstruction because the alternative is to re-film a dozen scenes which is incredibly expensive. In the bigger franchises the original weapons are kept under lock and guard so new resin copies can be made if necessary. The actual purchase/construction cost for the original guns is practically irrelevant.

Didn't Jerry Miculek do an episode on the dl-44?