Is this the greatest camo ever made?

Is this the greatest camo ever made?

Attached: images (3).jpg (414x355, 15K)

When faded yeah is pretty good

There ain't one doubt about it
I actually own some that the Air Force got rid of, still has its patches and the name.

It actually looks a lot like multicam when it’s deeply sunfaded.

It's still one of the best if not the best for North America.

Those old SOG and LRRP guys in Nam really are the best aesthetic with erdl

Attached: 02084a3560fca6614afa4132100074ba.jpg (550x563, 85K)

Looks nice but it sucks as camo

Hard pill to swallow

Why did we move from this more natural looking camo pattern, to the "tech camo" with sharp edges today? Whats the advantage?

Attached: puddi.png (873x813, 607K)

SF still uses it.

Multicam isn't near Woodland at all.

I still have my woodland cammies from the 90s/early 2000s and they are so comfy. One pair is so faded it looks kinda like urban camo, but...it feels like silk.

I assumed and heard somewhere that it is to make things blend in for example in digital photographs where the digital camo just looks like it is part of the background

That would be multi cam and similar patterns. Woodland is shit

Why?

I immediately saw a frog when I saw the camo pattern. I've been here too long.

I've still got mine from the late 90's as well. Fucking love them, and you're right in that if you break them in long enough they are comfy as fuck

Because a computer can objectively make a better camo than a human eye

And?

Flecktarn master race

Compared to multi cam, wood land is shit.

WHAT A THRILL

why did you post this image? Are you trying to make me irrationally angry? ANSWER ME

possibly

Attached: 1526766682036.jpg (1520x1024, 287K)

personally love the Irish camo since I seen some guy post it here like a month ago.

Attached: irisheod.jpg (620x417, 35K)

Norwegian Woodland Camo reign supreme.

Attached: norwegian-soldier-forest-rapid-reaction-special-forces-fsk-sitting-swamp-field-camo-uniforms-combat- (800x533, 174K)

Now don't tell me that East German Strichttarn wasn't A S T H E T I C af

Attached: 4ff658d809191fffecc4a6fef427d8fc.jpg (374x750, 59K)

yes but our army are just a 3rd world relief group LARPing with AUGs

>paints face black
>roll sleeves to reveal white ass arms

Attached: 80A827B8-96ED-4421-84E7-4D3C8A59F2E2.jpg (750x750, 126K)

>Put on that damn face paint (rank)!
>k
he doesn't give a shit

The way human eye works.
In short, sharp detailed camo works great up close, but at distance, is bad.
Big splotches work at distance, but aren't as good up close. Digi fixes this by having sharp edges and shit, but they blur just right for distance. Look up production of cadpat, I'm sure there's lots of information about it.

I'm starting to think camouflage is overrated. There's a reason animals like rabbits and coyotes that live in a wide variety of environments don't have fancy camouflage patterns. If you're a super special ops tactical operator who can pick between 32 flavors of camo for any given situation then patterns are the best choice, but for someone who's only going to have one set, whether it's general issue or civilian use, then I think a neutral solid color makes more sense.

Attached: South Efricans.jpg (458x383, 45K)

it gets hot on tropical islands

>There's a reason animals like rabbits and coyotes that live in a wide variety of environments don't have fancy camouflage patterns
Because coyotes don't have to worry about enemy air support bombing them because they can see them. And rabbits just make more of themselves to cover their losses.

I'm not even sure what this means. What the fuck is a nomaromantic ceterosexual?

Hard pill to swallow because it's horseshit. I've had people look right at me and not see me in a hooded woodland jacket and OD green goggles/mask. I was crouched in the woods and opened up on them before they knew what was happening. (Playing paintball.)

Fuck off with the I've been here too long meme
I bet You've only been here for less than a year. Gtfo normie

Attached: IMG_3889.jpg (2048x433, 225K)

Coyotes stay in one basic place you retard. We use camo, and their basic variants, because our troop are all over the world and we need a jack of all trades camo. And btw, solid colors stand out because there is nothing to break up the body mass. It stands out. Camp is designed to break up bodies so one can't tell where the wearer ends and the surroundings begin.

Pixels are easier to program for computer generated patterns.

>rabbits don't have camofla-

Attached: easterncottontail-playgroundrabbits-001.jpg (800x600, 458K)

Woodland came from the excellent ERDL. To this day, no camo really comes close. Multicam only looks good by comparison to UCP.

Flecktarn is Kraut bullshit.
Russian shit is lol meme tier.

And if you get a good material they last FOR-EV-ER.

More hardcore shit has been done in honest Woodland BDUs than anything Crye or Multicam.

I still have my old Eoodland Camelbak. You can take your gucciflage and cram it

If you don't think rabbits have camouflage then you need to go outside more. A still rabbit is extraordinarily hard to spot. Those animals aren't solid browns, tans and greys for no reason, that is the best way to hide themselves in the many environments in which they live.

>Coyotes stay in one basic place
t. city boy

Attached: coyote range.jpg (1600x900, 225K)

Nah, that was my point. They've got great camouflage, provided by a neutral solid color instead of a pattern.

Attached: Bundesheer.jpg (1024x571, 255K)

ÖÖÖÖÖSTERREICH

They often aren't solid colors tho and they do have patterns. Yes, pic is technically a hare.

Attached: Antelope_jackrabbit_2-1024x684.jpg (1024x684, 180K)

Jackrabbits also live in a narrower range of environments than cottontails, so that would kind of support the idea of "solid colors for all-purpose use."

okay I see your point

yeah, but dont YOU want to be paid to larp?

M05 one of the best woodland camos there is.

OOOOOOSTMARK

Aesthetic, but they are ditching it for a flecktarn variant.

Attached: dk-kzubwkaigmjn.jpg (640x960, 119K)

There's many patterns that are much more effective

yes.

Sure, and you can qualify that by saying it depends on the season and environment you deploy in. But it lasted as long as it did because it didn't suck. In fact, U.S. special forces in theater still choose to wear it over newer patterns.

Attached: MARSOC.jpg (960x720, 125K)

Valid. Adapted behavior matters. The rest is fagshit.

Didnt you guys join PESCO? What do you think that means for your army's future now that your officially no longer neutral?

Yes.

Attached: B674BB24-1290-455E-9357-03803C1ED492.jpg (224x225, 16K)

Any non-rate will agree that pic related is the best. It gets you out of scullery work.

Attached: 1497536253014.jpg (402x603, 42K)

Truth

Settle down grandpa

>sgt told me to put on face paint
>this shit sucks. god damn it. Im gonna have blackheads and shit after this
>its hot im rolling my sleeves up.
>I wanna go home.

Marsoc only wore it to blend in with the ANA and only continue to wear it because that pattern is now synonymous with them. Its purely for looking cool at this point, rather than it actually being worn for any perceived effectiveness.

Ucp is timeless

>Flecktarn is Kraut bullshit.
you take that back

Okay gramps
t. Operated in M81, chocolate chip, six color, fucking flight suits, UCP, and multicam

where can I get some good tiger stripe shit my nigs?

this thread isn't nearly red enough

Attached: tkiu.jpg (800x530, 116K)

Uh, no?

M81 is oversaturated and doesn't have a micropattern. It is measurably worse than Multicam in the vast majority of environments that it was tested it.

Attached: 13423155431.jpg (1250x1025, 208K)

>ywn operate in a paperboy cap

No, but it's the most aesthetic.

No, pic related is.

Attached: img_3556.jpg (1200x605, 408K)

It's my personal favorite

Nope.

Choco chip master race.

Attached: IMG_1217.jpg (1299x856, 224K)

Camo newbie here. Is this a fleck variant of some sort?

MAPA, experimental polish camo.

Attached: f7c0a6ecf2b4058b05e567e19a634fa73a4bbcd493b00833c7815093c4d3e875.jpg (500x407, 68K)

i wish he would kill himself already

aor2 working in a rocky desert AND in a mountainous scenario

I prefer DPM. DPM desert is the most effective desert camo too.

I have a soft spot for MC tropic for the local forest colors in my area

Attached: tropic.jpg (345x185, 10K)

Best desert camo ever made. Pure fucking sex.

But the rabbit's fur has slight color variations creates lines and shadows that if turned into a 2D camouflage would result in a pattern.
Plus the rabbits fur kind of diffuses the edges of it's silhouette and it is also countershaded, so you can't really compare it.

that is one salty fucking PFC. Two purple hearts and a NAM/V. Must have gotten busted down.

Attached: 101859965.jpg (1500x1620, 141K)

For what environment?

If you fall overboard no one will see you.

But you'll still get out of scullery work, right?