Has these been rolled out yet? Are they any good?

Has these been rolled out yet? Are they any good?

And how the fuck could the army not come up with anything better then a 1940s tube from Sweden?

google.com/amp/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/09/11/us-army-approves-lightweight-84mm-m3e1-carl-gustaf-recoilless-rifle-procurement/amp/

Attached: original-7-768x512.jpg (768x512, 66K)

>And how the fuck could the army not come up with anything better then a 1940s tube from Sweden

Isn't it mostly just a fancy (and admittedly, well designed) tube and the real advance is in the ammunition?

>better

It's not a question of better. If they wanted something that was better, they'd have bought tons and tons of SRAWs. The venerable Gustav is two things that are extremely important:

>Versatile
>Cheap

The tube is literally the least important part of the weapon system retard

Lmao, it's a tube dumb nigger. All the tech is in the missile

Yes

>m3 / m3e1
>1940

He probably thinks there's no difference between an m777 and a 25 pounder.

The article you linked to yourself explains it perfectly well. There's a need for infantry to field light and reusable weapons that fire high explosives at buildings and vehicles, without burning 80K dollars for every missile.

The Carl Gustav does that best.

The new ones are a bit lighter and shorter than the original old Cold War era ones.

Also, looking at that huge muzzle and seeing all those lands and groves spiraling down into the dark makes me hard. Talk about BIG bore.

Carl Gustav is supposedly hella nice. My assaultman buddy got to shoot one the Danes had in Iraq, and he liked it way better than the SMAW.

we still use Browning M2s and they're old as shit

the M2 is also based as fuck, and... does the job

>tfw Browning didn’t give the .30 cal MG patent to the US too

;(

Only kikes would dislike a CG

not a missile, a shell you fucking sperg shit.

>72mm recoiless rifle
>missile

Attached: what.jpg (115x169, 6K)

>72

Let's be fair, we've tinkered with and upgraded it over the years, too.
But really, I can't think of a good reason to actually move away from the M2, there's already a whole lot of infrastructure and understanding built up around it, and it does its job just fine.

Baffles me that there's people who want to replace it, they must be milindustrial shills or something.

fuck 84 sorry

this