/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Backwards Flag edition

Previous LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYIENG ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYEING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LOYER

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
>discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS KTHX
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: meg_flag.jpg (1500x844, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kp5pToY6nYo
youtube.com/watch?v=74P9EOX1dIc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I fucking hate running and fucking love eating. How do I turn this mindset into a fitness mindset for military fitness standards?

>inb4 sovereign citizens REEing

Attached: ACUflag.jpg (604x339, 58K)

get yourself some fucking muscle mass. do calisthenics. lift weights. go HARD. running and working on your cardio should feel like a free day afterwards.

Responding to the last thread, what makes 88K/L a hidden gem?

>American Tactical
>MFG in the philippines.

I do dig the belt though.

the 'I' in ATI stands for Imports. so uhh, yeah. anyway it's a nice boomergat, I'm very happy with it. and it was dirt cheap.

Get some motovational music and just fucking do it.

Heres what I listen to when I go running. Videos are good to, gets me in the fucking mood.

youtube.com/watch?v=kp5pToY6nYo

youtube.com/watch?v=74P9EOX1dIc

You ride a boat and travel the world fishing with your bros and drinking in foreign countries. Without being a navy faggot.

Friendly reminder, the backwards flag came from a logistics dude who ordered 1 million of these defective flags and couldnt return them. The military lost enough money that they had to PR the fuck up to make it seem like it was all on purpose. Think about it, if they just wore the normal facing flag on the other arm, it would still fit the narrative of the flag waving as you move forward or whatever the bullshit story is.

citation needed, citizen.

Guys I want to join the armed forces but I'm scared I might have the herps. I got tested already and came back negative and I want to get tested again but I'm terrified if I have herps or some other std they won't let me in.
If I have an std I want to get treated but I don't want to get rejected I want to be a soldier.
What do?

Go to a doctor. Get the all-clear. Enlist. Get herpes from a barracks slut a year later.

Cant, they covered this fuck up too well, the article and forum where it was talked about was deleted.

Just think about it, we had normal facing flag patches on our uniforms before. Why wouldnt they just use the normal ones and put it on the other arm so that it flows with the wind on that side?

Just go in, if they say you got the herp, then oh well. No reason to pre panic over nothing.

Rising senior here...

I’m working on applying to West Point and the Air Force Academy— any tips?

Sorry what?
I want to get std test before I enlist but I'm scared if I come back positive I wont be allowed in or serve in a combat position.
Go in where? The armed forces or the doctor.

git gud at suckin dick.

really just do PT and volunteer in your community. get a politician's recommendation. go USMA, skip air force summer camp. unless you literally have a stick up your ass and like it that way.

Apply right fucking now. I made the mistake of waiting until my senior year was halfway through and i fucking missed out.

But worst case, if you dont get in, choose a good university you want to go to and get an rotc scholarship which pretty much covers everything. Its super easy to get as long as your fit and smart.

I thought you just got tested and it said negative? I was saying go join the armed forces, and let them tell you you got it, since apparently the doctor already said you dont.

I did get tested but from what I understand herpes can take a while to show up in a test even if you already have it.

Has it been over 2 weeks? Any physical symptoms? No? Then you probably dont have herpes.

youre lying

he's just ignorant, and probably underaged. don't pay attention to him.
>lol a supply guy order a MILLION of them, he was screwed lol
the army at its peak in the last decade had an active duty strength of just over 1M soldiers. no fucking way was an order like that made by mistake for the ENTIRE army.

No offense but I'm not trying to get diagnosis on my herpes from y'all. What I want to know is if I have herps or some other std will I still be able to join infantry and fight?

probably. can't say for sure, I'm not a doctor and never worked at MEPS. ask your recruiter.

do you plan on fucking dudes up the ass in the barracks or something? control yourself. you'll be fine, and force strength will remain what it should be.

This shit happened in the late 90s. Think about it, its not the first time a mass order from a contractor came defective.

Please explain why they couldnt just get normal facing flags and put it on the other shoulder? Seriously, why would they go through the trouble of ordering wrong facing flags, when previously they had correct flags on uniforms for decades?

Sorry but I'm not going to tell the recruiter i might have an std

Here's your (You). Now stop shitting up the thread with irrelevant bullshit. This is for anons who have questions about enlisting.

Attached: youcolt.jpg (130x160, 8K)

The answer is no, you cant join with herpes or any STD period.

Total denial. But alright buddy.

Can you at least explain to a brainlet like me on why we went from correct flags to reversed flags and why they would go through the trouble of ordering reversed flags when they could just put normal ones on the other shoulder to fit the flag waving narrative?

Fuck.... Well I'm not sure if I have it or not.
What might happen if I enlisted and it was discovered later I have it?

You must not be in the mil.
Youre making sense. The bureaucracy in the mil is stupid and loves wasting money thats how i know some bred general made the decision.

Dude, they do blood work and urine tests during the first time you go to meps, and the second time before you ship out. If you have it, they will find out.

Yes, I AM making sense. Thats how I know what I read and said to be true, because it makes zero sense why mil would switch the flags.

Again youre a nonserve.
The mil does stupid bullshit that doesnt make sense all the time kid

So im right in that they did stupid bullshit and covered it up with a bullshit excuse, but somehow wrong because as an outsider I see what happened?

Im still waiting on an answer btw.

Aww fuck dude.
Are you sure I won't be allowed in if I have it? I've been doing some searching online and there are conflicting reports but most seem to say it shouldn't be an issue.

This is actually good advice. Best advice is to just setup a training schedule and follow that shit. If you hate running, try doing 30/60s or 60/120s. You'll hate it even more and those nice moderate paced tempo runs will feel like nothing. Just learn to love your hatred of running and make running your bitch.

If you have genital herpes, you cannot join.

It takes a bit of effort to get simplex 2. If he does have herpes, he probably just has simplex 1 / mouth herpes like half of the American population.

then fuck off

That isnt what i said moron. Its even stupider that some general felt like changing it for no reason and wasted millions of dollars.

Thats what im thinking. Which is why I suggested he see a doctor again, or just flat out join and find out if he thinks another test will come back negative. The dude probably just has cold sores or something.

Is it possible to join air or army national gaurd for a state that I don't yet live in?

Yes, problem is, you gotta be in that state to sign up and process.

I can probably deal with that. Thanks

I have a friend right now in group out of utah, and he lives in california.

I think you're shitting me dude I literally just called a recruiter and they told me it wasn't "permanently disqualifying" whatever the hell that means

I'm from California as well.

Then go and sign up.

Well that's what I'm trying to do but I don't want to get fucking kicked out because of some stupid shit

So am I. If you want to go the NG SF route, a 19th group recruiter will literally fly you out to enlist for free provided you don’t sound like a COD kid on the first impressions phone call.

Dude, were all telling you to see a doc and get another check up since you didnt believe the test. If you think you have an std and dont want to get another test, then just join already, you said the recruiter said its fine. Its not like delaying it will somehow cure your herpes. If you go and the mil doctors say you got it, then oh well tough luck. If you dont go, then youre just a whiny bitch.

I'm not looking to do special forces. I'm more interested in doing something like airplane mechanic.

Dude if you make it in with herpes, they arent going to kick you out after, since it was a preexisting condition.

Not him, but the other guy, why do you want to be in another states unit?

I hate California.

Yeah then I'm kind of confused. Does your state's national guard not have any 15N's?

Justifiable, so i assume your plan is to move out of wherever youre at now, go through basic and ait saving up active duty pay, then use that money to move to new state and find a job?

I'm talking about MEPs. I'm sure if I make it in actual armed forces they won't kick me out. I'm worried if I will make it through meps
I'm not delaying anything I just want to make sure I'm not going to waste my time or anyone else's

Oh that's fair. The people of this state are pretty shitty. Be prepared to deal with a monthly drill though / probably fly out or drive out on your own money. Only certain units like NG SF do the drill every two months or quarterly shit.

Pretty much . I'll probably do online school after ait also.

Ideally I would live relatively close to where my armory would be in the other state.

Then go get tested again or in a couple of weeks to be sure. Then decide what you wanna do.

With bias 88L.
A little taste of fixing easy stuff.
Kilos are deck workers who work on deck in all weather conditions. I just fix shit inside, mostly.

Attached: 20180619_201222.jpg (5312x2988, 3.64M)

Who drives the boats?

how often do you get to go home and see family?

Attached: Guile-vs-Ken.jpg (600x400, 13K)

Cool. Make sure to ask your guard unit about full time work available for the guard. Its real good money plus benefits.

As far as school, make sure the school is legit. Most real, established, universities have online programs now, which takes alot of the guess work out of the equation.

>family
overrated, fuck em

Warrent officer deck side and senior ncos for most vessels. But they know who really run the vessel

Attached: Desertsunset.jpg (5312x2988, 880K)

mostly my cat

Every xmas. You get every holiday off, usually as a 3 or 4 day weekend. Up to you to go and visit. You can usually take 1-2 weeks of leave if you request it ahead of time.

I got stationed in my home state and i was home almost every weekend when i had nothing better to do. Shit, being stationed in other places got my family to actually travel and see outside our small town.

I know i want to do, I want to join I just want to make sure I can.
If i have an std or not I don't care i want to join.

>warrant officer boat captain
Jesus christ that must be the comfiest job.

Yeah I was thinking about Air Force national Gaurd which I heard has a lot of full time stuff.

Is SNHU a good school?

Okay then go get tested in a couple of weeks, then try joining. If they say no, then thats that. Dont want to play the blame game with you, but.....its 2018 and you should know better.

NONONONO that university sucks.

Off the top of my head, i can only think of two east coast based brick and mortar univerisities that have online programs, Old dominion university in norfolk, VA, and st joseph university out of philidelphia, pa. I know two people that did both without any issues, and both are established universities. Alot of navy go to ODU. SJU, my friend did his masters in CJ at, and he was happy.

Yeah a cw cpt and cw chief engineer. There is a reason we fish and bbq. Sadly no more peir beers. Shit i have had warrents who would smoke in the engine rooms a flick their butts in the bilge. It's only the commissioned officers who get pissy about fishing too.

Attached: 20180621_103050.jpg (5312x2988, 1.19M)

So it seems Syria is taking an interesting turn as of late. More deployments for SOF and possibly even conventional guys on the way.

Well now were full circle to my original question.
Should i get tested before I try to join and potentially fuck my chances of joining if it's discovered I have an std or should I just enlist and hope If I do have an std not to get caught.

How long after enlisting do you need to wait before getting laser eye surgery? I wanted to do it before I got in, but things got accelerated.

Attached: 1515388371140.jpg (1440x900, 46K)

Source?

Well, even if you get tested beforehand and are positive, and you try joining they may or may not let you in. So you might as well just try enlisting, and let them figure out what you may or may not have. They arent gonna treat you any different if you were to go in with prior knowledge anyways.

Cause lets say you find out you have it and go in anyways, they are either gonna deny or pass you through. But if you go in knowing nothing, they will find out for you on their dime and make the same decisions.

So my vote is just go enlist.

First duty station.

More deployments is just a guess but in the past couple of months a Syrian militia called the Baqir Brigade supported by Quds Force has publicly threatened U.S. troops in Syria. The militia itself is small as fuck and really not important compared to the larger actors in the war but it signals that pro-Assad forces are becoming more publicly opposed and resistant to U.S. presence in Syria. If SDF and SAA manage to broker a peace deal like Baghdad did with Iraqi Kurdistan, this most likely won't go anywhere. If we continue pissing off Iran and Iran's Syrian militias keep pushing back, we may see Northern Syria heat up. With IS also now being reduced to pretty much nothing, American justification for their Syrian presence is reduced, only furthering a potential open conflict. I thought the U.S. mil was about to get out of there but those 2000 guys still left may end up having to deal with some more shit. Specific areas of tension right now are al-Tanf. Manbij was (and somewhat still is) also a mess until recently but now it seems Turkey and US have agreed to independently patrol it while making YPG leave. This isn't a permanent solution however and letting U.S. Rangers patrol a Syrian city next to a bunch of guys that want to kill their local partner forces is strange at best.

Colorblind prospective Navy Intel Officer from last thread here, should I go NROTC or OCS? I've heard that it's really difficult to get a RL job if you go NROTC, does this change if I actually can't be commissioned as a URL officer?

NROTC

And its not that hard to work a part time or even full time while doing it and school.

Sorry, since I'm colorblind I can't do surface warfare, submarines or aviation (unrestricted line), only Intel, supply and engineering (restricted line). Since it's difficult for NROTC students to get restricted line, will that apply to me since I can't get unrestricted line?

Just by doing NROTC, it will help and look good during your application consideration process. Because if you just go in for OCS, youre not gonna have shit in your favor.

My recruiter is pregnant, but I don't think I'm the father.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x176, 224K)

What do you actually do all day? This sounds like a fun MOS

Is it even worth it to join the guard for the TA if I plan on doing ROTC? Is there any benefit to it or should I just try to be super cadet and get a campus based scholarship?

I like how this thread is literally filled with army and marines. It really shows how they spend their fridays being productive.

Smartphones are a divine gift to 11 series in garrison.

The main thing you're doing for running is improving your cardiovascular fitness. Do something else that achieves the same goal, like elliptical or biking or swimming (especially if you're going navy) or cross-country skiing or rowing etc. Or: embrace the suck, be tougher, know that if you run a bunch you have more leeway to eat a bunch, listen to some BANGER-ASS music, see running as time for meditation. Personally I love running specifically because I see it as time to just empty my mind, focus on breathing, listen to music, and have a think while learning to endure dull pain for a while.

Fgt pls. Navy is the most do-nothing branch, all these sailors stationed on shore make me want to hurl.

This

>Navy

I'm airforce.

No one cares or implied otherwise