USPSA thread

I rarely see any threads about competition shooting. Does Jow Forums go to competitive matches? Post rigs, gats, stories, ect. Other competition organizations welcome ITT as well.

Attached: logo.png (500x494, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/5893-ben-berry-banned-from-uspsa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do yall think I should shoot a Makarov in production division? I know i'd score in minor but it might be fun and a cheap way to get into the sport.

I been shooting competitively for about 6 years now. There are a few of us on here but most shooting sports threads get derailed by LARPers and Timmys.

It's not on the USPSA Production List that I could find. Past that, everybody shooting production is scored minor.

USPSA is a fucking manchild shit show of ego and dick wagging.

doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/5893-ben-berry-banned-from-uspsa/

>is a board of noguns and redditors involved in a shooting competition?
Unlikely

Yeah. That one incident is completely representative of the day to day of competitive shooting.

Attached: image.png (500x279, 250K)

I hope user that shot it for years drops by to clue you in...

So your opinion of the sport is formed by one thread made on a troll forum started by a habitual shit stirrer?

most of Jow Forums does not own any firearms
those that do are mainly poor

a handful of actual firearms owners with money does exist but mostly keeps to themselves about competition shooting because they get harrassed by the noguns and poors

also USPSA is gay with their side rules and variations from the international IPSC rulebook

>most of Jow Forums is noguns
i find this really hard to believe. Its so fucking easy to acquire at least some kind of gun, even if youre a felon $150 can net you a brand new BP revolver from cabelas. Most kommandos are burgers and even in cuck states you can have *some* guns. It just doesnt make sense, who'd talk about guns when they dont own any or dont go shooting?

that's the thing about it
it's so absurd considering the situation the US is in

The president shitflinging on a non troll account says awful things about leadership. Fish rots from the head.

Hi Mike.

Ehhh. It really doesn't say shit about the leadership as a whole. It certainly says a lot about Foley. But, he got stepped on for pulling that shit.

lol sorry but I'm neither the beard or a fan of him

No one would care though idpa might make more sense based on how divisions are set up. IDPA is just a lot slower though.

Virtually everyone here would just be shooting at the local level anyways where this is completely irrelevant

IPSC has some really dumb rules for certain divisions. I think USPSA was wrong to even further loosen the rules on production recently but otherwise it's better. IPSC rules heavily favor CZ/Tanfo guns for production while USPSA evens it out a little.

Virtually... Yeah maybe. I shoot every Level 2 and 3 match in Area 2 and some in Area 4

Revolverfag poorfag here, given that revolverfags can mount their gear anywhere on the belt I was thinking of doing slight crossdraw on the revolver holster and having all my speedloaders to the right, given that I reload by holding the gun in my left hand and preforming the actions with my right hand. Would this be an optimal setup? What are some good speedloader pouches for a 357?

"Slight Crossdraw"? What does that mean?

I personally really dislike the Production division

Standard is the way to go if you want pistols

They is enough people running in the Production Division that I don't mind it. It's Revolver and L10 that get on my nerves.

I've got a story, pic unrelated.
>shooting a competition last month
>step into the starting box with my CZ SP-01, load and make ready
>standby
>*beep*
>draw, line up my shot, press trigger
>*click*
>that's odd
>tap and rack it
>*click*
>tap and rack again
>*click*
>they stop the timer, pick up the ejected rounds to inspect for light primer strikes
>rounds look flawless
>that sucks, guess my gun is broken
>nice dude offers to let me shoot his spare gun for the match, a P320 set up for a lefty
>ok whatever at least I get to shoot
>reversed mag release alongside my high/tight grip causes the magazine to fall out 2-3 times per stage
>hilarity ensues
>still placed 10/21
Turns out the firing pin retaining pin in my CZ sheared and blocked the striker from moving. Ordered a new one from CGW and good to go now. Not impressed with CZ so far, had to replace the extractor spring a while ago due to FTE problems.

Attached: 1525993615559.gif (263x239, 351K)

Both of my 75s are pre-b Shadows from CZ Custom. Somewhere around 10-15k rounds through each of them. Clean regularly and replace the recoil springs at around 5k. Never had a hiccup with either.

>falling for the soi gun
lmao

I so badly want to get into this, but I both don't own a handgun (I'm 20) and my state is anal about my carrying one around.

Could I buy one of the surplus Beretta 92s floating around online and a used holster off of eBay and get started locally? I don't expect to win any matches, but I'd love to get involved.

Yeah, most events have a "production" division which is basically modern pistols with no non-factory mods

92fs would fit right in

Yeah that could work. Wouldn't be my first choice but I've seen lots of "run what you brung" type stuff from people trying this out for the first time. If you've got a club running matches near you, you should go check it out and talk to the people there. Someone there will be happy to talk your ear off about getting started.

Like appendix carry but a little more to the left. Basically the holster on top of my left thigh, just to the left of my belt buckle.

c z e c h e d

You'll need mags and mag pouches. Very very important.

ehhh. You're going to want to dive into the rule book and see if that'll fly. I can't be bothered.

Because most of this board is underage b&

It's stupid. Guns don't belong in sporting competitions. They're for hunting, self/home defense, and for fighting tyranny. Dick measuring contests are bad enough without adding guns to the list.

You're late Timmy.

>t. sucks too much to compete

I dabble in prod once in a while.

Unfortunately all matches are too far away to make it a consistent thing.

Plus, IDPA changed a couple rules recently that actually make it fun.
(And I get to wear a fishing vest or hawaiian shirt, lol)

I was a noguns for a while here, so I can believe a lot of Jow Forums is noguns.
And I imagine many of us hasguns are poorguns or nolands, so we don't go out shooting very often.

Attached: 1357272396710.gif (400x400, 1.22M)