Just watched the latest Jurassic Park movie...

Just watched the latest Jurassic Park movie, and was wondering what manner of round you would need to drop a several ton lizard. What sort of dino hunting rifles y'all Jow Forumsommandos wield?

Attached: images.jpg (212x238, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor#Discovery
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: download.jpg (271x186, 3K)

.45-70 govt.
maybe .44 wadcutter

Attached: 1418522022954.jpg (2000x382, 233K)

Attached: 1505944016361.jpg (750x549, 74K)

This. If it can stop an elephant it'll stop that too dead in it's tracks.

clever girl

Idk, penetration is sort of iffy

I'd think still more likely just to injure a T-rex, getting the follow up shots would be damn near invaluable if shot placement is off

A PTR-91.
Good enough for ones that aren’t house sized.

Attached: 600AF9B4-B4BE-4C73-926C-33FCD144E1B5.jpg (2292x1535, 791K)

I don't think snake skin or bird skin will slow down the velocity that low. If the 45-70 can shoot through trees it'll fucking crush the shit out of their legs. Once you destroy their legs, well, you know what happens next.

This
Escpecially if using hardcast bullets

The best choice for a large therapod would be a .45-70 lever gun as suggested. They've taken elephants on several occasions, and therapod bones were a lighter than elephant bones. As a bonus, follow up shots are faster than anything else of a similar chambering.

For small therapods such as raptors and the like, a shotgun or assualt rifle would be the best choice.

Only when getting into larger herbivores like ceratopsians, stegosaurids, and ankylosaurids would you need to whip out the larger safari rifles

Kek’d. Fpbp

>was wondering what manner of round you would need to drop a several ton lizard
A laser pointer to blind the t-rex and spear to kill it

Attached: 1499058379980.png (1280x875, 433K)

>lizard

Attached: actually.png (700x700, 21K)

>spear to kill it
is that thing in her hand supposed to be a gun?

>stabs with spear
>spear gets stuck
>you bout to get that dino dick

>stabs with spear
>spear gets stuck
>dino spills its guts all over the ground thanks to skewering itself on the spear placed against the ground
same way bear spears are used

Attached: hold_on_now_ork_wh40k.png (500x500, 75K)

One the size of a large meteor.

That's a pretty big gun

it will kill many dino with one shot

They are cold blooded animals. They have a significant weakness.

Attached: Mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg (431x300, 45K)

In The Lost World Roland had a double barreled .600 Nitro Express rifle for hunting the Rex - The Bongs used this in WW1 for piercing firing position cover that would soak .303 ball ammo
His hunting partner Ahjay had a Winchester Model 70 in .358 Winchester.
Other hunters are shown with .300 Winchester Magnum bolt action rifles and 7.62mm Battle rifles

>They are cold blooded animals. They have a significant weakness.
Yeah just walk all the way to the arctic circle to be safe when you meet dinos

Lmao. Who would win in a fight, an oversized chicken boned lizard or a 3740ft-lb of energy solid copper penetrator?

Attached: Big guys.png (1492x692, 429K)

Honestly, I think you could probably get away with most modern assault rifles for a majority of dinosaurs, but for anything aquatic, I'm not certain on how that would go. The Russians did make an underwater AK, but I dunno how well those were made

Oh shit you're right, he did have an elephant gun. Been a long time since I watched the second movie. But I'm pretty sure he didnt get to use it though

>Honestly, I think you could probably get away with most modern assault rifles for a majority of dinosaurs,
Small ones yes.

Mid sized to roughly horse sized - 7.62mm rifles

Large predators/ elephant sized herbivors - high end bolt actions in .338 Lapue or .50BMG

The Ammo was stolen by Nick, He then grabbed the Tranq gun.
The plan was never originally to capture a Rex, Roland demanded the right to hunt and kill it as his payment for leading the group
The end of the movie was directly cause by Nick

Well at least we got a Trex destroying San Diego

Reminds me of JP3, there was a merc that had a Barrett M82 with some kinda explosive .50 BMG. But he misses every shot because lel Hollywood

it kill many long time died ago...

it died many time ago long... maybe 9001

t. frogposter

Canada is safe from reptilian-bird kind

>cold blooded

Oh, user...

The movie tried to bullshit that it was a 20mm payload rifle

Kek

They make 20mm Barret uppers don't they?

.45 stoppin powah should do the trick

22lr, since all that really matters is shot placement :)

I concur, but only if you choose the right brand.

Attached: 79856498468.jpg (480x480, 112K)

Not sure if it'd be an upper or a separate gun entirely, the 20mm is the M107.
The one in JP3 is a bullpup M82A2 .50bmg that they claim is called the "Iron Horn" or "Einhorn" depending on source

My bare hands

no one ever posts the ultimate Jurassic Park weapon... the OICW

Attached: latest.png (973x444, 249K)

Roland was going to use a Searcy double rifle in .600 Nitro Express to take down a Rex.

Attached: 1529703640764.jpg (480x360, 16K)

In the case of how tall real velociraptors were, .22 would be enough to deal with em

there's only one answer

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 7K)

V. mongoliensis was about the size of a turkey, but V. antirrhopus (Deinonychus) was the size of the ones in the JP movies.

I'd just make a gun-shaped finger at them and yell "Bang!" while they suffocate from the lack of oxygen on modern Earth

50BMG

Attached: 698caf1d34eb52216285ba226e4c0d9b.jpg (1200x800, 257K)

>the lack of oxygen on modern Earth
Oxygen levels in the Cretaceous were actually lower than they are today, so if anything they'd be getting a performance boost.

8 rounds of .458 Magnum

Attached: 0e3aa060e5cfdeaf2ac547393f467075.jpg (640x480, 33K)

>elephant sized herbivores...
Preferred weapon of professional poachers in Africa is AKM, used for elephants and rhinos.

Nope. Most dinos were endothermic.
>t. paleofag

>her

The raptors in Jurassic park are close in size to Utahraptors, which, oddly enough, were discovered after the movie was released.

fag

>were discovered after the movie was released.
yeah ok

>assault rifle
There is no such thing as an "assault rifle."

Attached: 1529531510134.png (558x618, 307K)

0w0

>big thighed velociraptor girl will never pounce on you and sexually dominate you

Attached: feeling it.jpg (640x346, 64K)

>ywn ever fuck a monster girl
Real girls that look like monsters don't count, they're ugly.

Do you mean "assault weapon" little summerfag? I can assure you term assault rifle most definitely exists; referring to a weapon which is fully automatic, has a range of around 300 meters, fires an intermediate cartridge, and uses detachable magazines. Now git.

>AR-M9 bulgarian AK in 7.62x39 (because I have a long LOP)
>RS regulate side mount
>trijicon TA-50, with the x39 reticle
>Dead Air wolverine PBS-1 can
>HSGI battle belt with 4-5 taco pouches, loaded with x39 pmags, containing 8m3 ammo.

Done. Come at me.

>assault rifle

This. Use the round named after an actual dino.

>M107 is a 20mm
Found the retard

Maybe someday in the future courtesy of genetic engineering.

Yeah the definition that was brought along because of libfags and soccer moms needing a sturdier basis to infringe on our second ammendment rights.

Boy it sure is summer here.

>Hitler was a soccer mom

>assault rifle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

Now get out

Whoop, He said M107 when he meant M95 - Every other piece of info he's said has been accurate

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor#Discovery
Technically they were "discovered' in the 70's but a claw doesn't really count.

Not that user, but Assault Weapon is different from Assault Rifle.

You can thank the cuck Bill Ruger for coining the term Assault Weapon and high capacity magazines, not soccer moms. Couldn't have the AR platform or other black rifles continue to infringe on his Mini-14's turf, now could we?

Normally I don't jump into "assault weapons" debate, but people need to know that the American gun industry it the reason we even have to deal with those terms. Cucks like Bill Ruger.

>a claw doesn't really count.
senpai that was the defining feature of the Jurassic Park raptor

The M95 is also a .50BMG

Barrett doesn't make a 20mm you mongoloid.

>the latest Jurassic Park movie

holy shit was I triggered by them just inventing the biggest animal that ever lived with their interpretation of the Mosasaur that supposedly lived for 3 years in a pissbucket sized bay....

raptors are kinda sexy

I'd say the size was more defining since its fucking massive compared to other raptors.

They're birds, albeit with solid bones.

But really, most predators wouldn't take much.

weren't there 20mm convertion kit for the M82 ? i'm pretty sure it did exist

.454 casull
.500 S&W
Or whatever would down a Cape Buffalo.

barrett did made a 20mm, it was the XM109 but it never got out of the prototype phase

>They're birds
Only some dinos are direct ancestors of birds.

That was a 25mm.

Nope. You're probably thinking of that Jow Forums wet dream/story that goes around the board where an user says he used his 20mm M82A2 (of which, only 10 82A2s exist in the entire world) for home defense because he was "working on it in the garage". There's only one in civilian hands and it went at auction for over $100k several years ago.

Anybody with an 82A2 isn't going to be working on it in his garage.

ancient man killed virtually all the megafauna of the pleistocene era off using nothing but sharp sticks, torches and loud noises

Weak bait.

They're probably just mixing up Barrett arms when they mean Anzio, The fluting on the barrels can look quite similiar

Dude, be honest.

Most people don't even know the Anzio exists. It's not exactly a household name or common brand.

My man!
Pic very related.

Attached: Archer wheeled arty.jpg (1424x960, 77K)

why a lever gun?
what is wrong with semi-autos?

Most people understand the concept of a 20mm Barrett lookalike

Rule of cool

G3
Aim for the leg
If it can't walk it's not a threat

I want off this ride.

The only answer is the Holland & Holland .470 Nitro Express.

Attached: it.jpg (1225x816, 119K)

Fucking idiot, the skull is too small for it to bounce around, it will just get stuck.

That scene had to happen shortly after the events of JW1 for the Indoraptor to be fully grown by JW2, but then that opens up the question of how the Indominus was decayed down to nothing but bones so quickly unless there were other animals like small fish in the lagoon besides the Mosasaur.

>dinosaur can't move anymore
>just panting heavily on the ground
I think we all know where this is going, but rope is the patrician choice.

>That scene had to happen shortly after the events of JW1 for the Indoraptor to be fully grown by JW2
Not really - Cloned dna ages quickly and they could easily manipulate the DNA to mature it quicker