Is this filter safe?

I have found a GP-4 gasmask in my basement from my grandfather is this filter safe to use?

Attached: IMG_20180621_224221.jpg (3120x4160, 1.05M)

The mask in question as well

Attached: IMG_20180621_223521.jpg (3120x4160, 1.49M)

No, since it probably has asbestos

It will kill you

Are there and safe 40mm filters I can purchase? I am planning on going to chernobyl when I visit family in Ukraine.

Digits decide if OP must stick tube in his bum and wear the mask too with tube attached

Attached: itendssofar.jpg (1600x1600, 197K)

Kek
Yes but don’t use that mask. Get a newer one off eBay, German masks are pretty affordable and so are filters from reputable websites. Unless the filters are for CS/OC gas then don’t buy them from eBay. Some advice would be to contact someone who is over Chernobyl tourism and find out what you need.

Look up on Google there's plenty of websites that sells 40mm canister for various usage in America. I don't know for other countries tho.

You don't really need a gas mask for that. There are tour groups that get led around, guides usually recommend some reasonably thick boots you don't mind discarding afterwards.

There isn't much radioactive dust in the air anymore. All of the dangerous elements have settled or been washed into the earth. As a result unpaved ground is a little hot but the rest is mostly fine. In any case they won't take you anywhere particularly dangerous.

Mail order is fun, my grandpa said so.

This is the same site that got an user to drop a live grenade into his toilet. Why would you ask them health advice?

Attached: 1527754872360.gif (320x289, 1.12M)

you literally just had this thread.

Attached: damage _control(resized).png (2020x832, 1.59M)

Here we go again...

sorry i sent the photos to a friend of mine who browses Jow Forums a lot guess he made a thread larping as me lol.

also which of these safe filters are GOST compatible or is it all of them?

You don't need to wear a mask there.

The only thing you "need" according to the tourist companies that go are a long sleeved top and trousers.

Though when we went that was generally ignored and our guide went around touching everything within reach because she was a "tactile" person.

The only people I saw wearing CBRN were 2 dudes working on the exterior of the sarcophagus (pic related).

Attached: WastelandWindowCleaners.png (1800x1350, 3.66M)

it's not on the list, but Polish FP-5 Filters are GOST threaded and safe to breathe through, supposedly. Although getting one of those $8 Chinese hoses off eBay will allow you to use both NATO and GOST threads, as the Chinese hoses have what's called 'normalized' threads.

ive been thinking of buying those polish FP-5 filters and i cant remove the hose from my mask as it is stitched on. would you know how to clean out a hose that is attached to a mask?

hose interiors are typically not washed, in the rare cases they need to be, flush out with water and leave to dry.

alright, this mask was in service by my grandfather in his time in the military you see so whatever asbestos things he was breathing may have gotten stuck in the hose, (i only thought about that possibility after i wore the damn thing for an hour total lol)

The GP-4u isn't a military-issue mask, though. At the very best it was issued by Civil defense workers, but that's about it as far as I know.

This, though I wouldn't put it past the Soviets to occasionally issue civvie masks to rear-echelon troops and/or reservists.

Attached: ALMAVÜ liikmetele gaasimaski kasutamist õpetamas 1958.jpg (900x582, 134K)