DIY gunsmithing

Just made a heat shield got my VZ58, what have you done? I’m thinking about making some wood furniture for my AR, has anyone here done that before?

Attached: B0EBA3E8-0C6F-4A8E-A3DA-7F9940BDB840.jpg (4032x3024, 1.76M)

So is this designed to trap heat in the barrel?

Good job stupid fuck

Attached: 20180621_222157.jpg (2560x1440, 1.04M)

No it’s to keep the handguards from heating up like a stove top

Last week I installed a scope and bipod by myself

Attached: 1528130680373.jpg (2048x1304, 528K)

More than my soft basedboy hands can do.

But user that doesn’t count

I detail stripped my Makarov recently in preparation for replacing the hammer and safety. Neither of the parts are broken, I just want both parts to be browned so they match the grip. It was admittedly extremely easy once I had done it only one time; I was expecting more of a challenge tbqh2a+

Grips? Grip? It's technically one grip piece but I want to say grips so badly. 1911's did this to us, didn't they?

Attached: MakDis.jpg (2556x1796, 1.08M)

Is that steel? Are you retarded? And clean your fucking fingernails you fucking dirtbag.

I work in a machine shop you faggot. Do you expect me to be some prissy nailed little fairy faggot like yourself?

Not everyone works in an office you fucking roastie

>heatshield
>"lets make it out of steel, that totally wont heat up!"

I'm currently working on a .45 ACP enfield conversion that takes grease gun mags

Attached: 1465546649178.jpg (1600x1600, 689K)

>dirtbag

>soft palmed cuck
And the term is “grease monkey”

I made a 1911 from a frame and parts kit does that count?

>I *assembled a 1911 from a frame and parts kit

>i don't know what aluminium is

a material that transfers heat very easily and doesn't shield anything from heat

because that's why all service A3s, and similar rifles in different countries have an aluminium shield lining the upper and lower handguard

No, you're white filth

>works in a factory machine shop
>constantly working in grease and oil
>pic was taken at work during my free time
Lol you’re a bourgeois soiboi who either lives off his parents or works a prissy office job

nice get, but you should at least wear latex gloves, my friend who is gunsmith does that all the time because of the products he work with

>wearing gloves around things spinning at insane speeds
Wew you really have no fucking clue what you're talking about

Which would describe about two thirds the population at this point.

>touching things spinning at insane speeds
maybe you should invest in more tools to avoid that

Lol you fucking retard. I’d show pics of what happens when you do that but it’s a blue board. You know how bubble tape is package? That’s you and your arm wrapped around a lathe.

You clearly don’t understand what you’re talking about nor do you have any experience. Go back to r/guns you faggot.

I fitted magpul handguard to my VZ a while back.

Attached: how to zhukov on vz.jpg (1921x4317, 2.33M)

I have a new hammer coming but I wanted to try to see if I could fix the one I had. I put some JBWeld on it and sanded it down, it actually worked.

Attached: IMG_20180623_132304464.jpg (542x673, 61K)

Depending on the type of JB weld some of them supposedly has the same tension strength as certain types of steel

It this stuff called "JB Weld Water Weld", it's what I had on hand and it was really just an experiment to see if I could actually fix it whit what I had available in my house. Like I said, it works but I don't know for how long.

>JBWeld
What IS that shit,anyway? I freely admit I don't know.

Epoxy

It’ll probably crack over use. But the metal weld might hold up once you clean that out. Or jut replace the hammer when it comes in. It wouldn’t hurt to keep that one as a spare though.

Look at all that bubba material. Wonder what you're fucking over a rusty pipe.

Repaired the worn sear surface on this slam-firing Savage 1907. After a few passes with my Dremel abrasive stone and a final cleanup with 400 grit sandpaper she was good to go. Ran through 50 rounds with no issues.

Attached: IMG_20180622_143740_759.jpg (1308x1368, 560K)

I doubt it will last too much longer but this was just a fun little project while I wait for my new hammer to arrive.

>the tactical bubba

user why do you do the things yo do?

bump

Jow Forums needs more gunsmithibg threads to counter the cons o ymerism

A heat shield is to keep your hands OFF the hot barrel

I ain't even owned a gun and I know that

Attached: 2d5203f4042ce6a65438e4e7a7ed4b8c.jpg (612x612, 54K)

stop going full retard on the trigger and it's a non-issue

>1cm(at most) thick wood impregnated resin isn’t going to heat up if you don’t shoot your rifle like you would other semi autos. Just take a few seconds before each trigger pull
Gee, now if I wanted to do that I would’ve gotten another bolt gun