Turn 21 soon

>turn 21 soon
>really want to buy a ruger .22 pistol as first gun over everything else
>can't justify it to myself when according to Jow Forums .22 is useless for self defense

I don't know what to do

Attached: 209.jpg (1600x1162, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks
ballisticradio.com/2018/01/31/if-you-cant-get-it-done-in-8-6-7-or-5-podcast-season-5-ballistic-radio-episode-238-january-21st-2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy it anyways

Get it but know you're a fag for wanting a .22 for self defense.

fucking why?
for what purpose?
to what end?

It's not for self defense it's just THE gun I want to own and have wanted since I was an underage teen. I'm not even joking about that, I remember getting pissed that it was 21 for a pistol.

But self defense may or may not come up and it'll probably be this gun that I have on me.

storytiem fellas
>living in central AR at the time, AKA methhead land
>be me, owner of iver johnson .22 revolver from me granpaps
>probably like 1954 for something, I dont remember
>fell asleep in recliner in front of door watching TV with the pup, revolver is in drawer on table next to me
>BANG
>door flies open, i reach for drawer, nigger is already moving into the room
>pull out .22 revolver
>still tired as groggy as fuck so just flip it over
>BANG
>nog looks at me like what?
>pull hammer, BANG
>nog takes off like a bat out of hell out the front door
>call police, find out next day I got the negro twice, once in the leg and once in the hand
>he finally went to the hospital when he couldnt stand the pain anymore

The reality of it is, the first bang should've got him. Had he had a weapon, and had been intent on firing back, I'd be read right now.
The other part of that is, he wasn't expecting someone to actually fire at him, and took off.

Make of this what you will.

If you want it just buy it then buy yourself a compact 9mm for conceal carry. Why not both?

Fuck what Jow Forums says on literally anything. Buy the fucking gun that YOU like and YOU want. Most idiots on this board don't even own guns but they're also among the most vocal and opinionated fags on the board, offering useless anecdotal advice lifted from YouTube comments and e celebrity videos and then spreading them like gospel because they heard something that they wanted to hear. A .22lr handgun is a great way to learn fundamentals for cheap. They're also light and easy to maintain and are perfectly practical as a bush gun plinker or for hunting small game. As for self defense, the overwhelming majority of people are never going to have to use a gun in that kind of a situation regardless, and owning a .22 as your first gun doesn't magically prevent you from getting more firepower later.

We are pretty blessed to live in the time we do where so many awesome guns are available. So many options. ARs are cheap as fuck and plentiful, there are tons of other excellent modern sporting and tactical rifles, handguns galore, shotguns, can launchers, knives, sharp sticks... you want it, it's out there. Do your homework, by all means, regardless of what you're looking at, give no company a hard pass based on name alone, but botton line, don't take anything Jow Forums says as fucking gospel on anything.

Attached: 1496817125455.jpg (480x728, 46K)

Buy it, fine. But why carry it? Why not just plink with it?

You should buy it anyway op. Shoot it. Love it.

If you want a carry gun get a separate pistol for that role. Your favorite gun doesn't have to do everything. If you can't afford it right away you can keep the .22 at the ready. It's still better than nothing.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Jow Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

.22 is like 4 cents a round, 9mm is 18 cents and 5.56 is 25 cents. I'd recommend both a CCW handgun in 9mm as well has your choice of .22 for cheap shooty fun times.

Attached: 1494253902570.jpg (549x451, 52K)

Why dont you just buy the ruger 22 and down the line buy a proper concealed carry or home defense handgun/long gun. What model ruger any? If your heart desires it then fuck everyone else and buy it. user I sold 3 guns to buy my usp tac model a month ago and have no regrets because its somthing I wanted for a long time.

sad to say but even 9mm at that point of hits probably wouldnt be enough either
Watched a meth head take 5 shots of 9mm before he finally went down. 5 shots over the course of about 10 seconds... but 10 seconds is a long as fuck time

>shoot a guy in the hand and foot
>blame the round for not incapacitating him
Are you serious faggot? How about you try shooting them in the chest? A full size .357 magnum isn't going to put down a person if you hit them in the hand.

I'd recommend a .22 revolver. If you can master the double action trigger every other trigger will be easy. It's the best learning handgun there is.

youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks

ballisticradio.com/2018/01/31/if-you-cant-get-it-done-in-8-6-7-or-5-podcast-season-5-ballistic-radio-episode-238-january-21st-2018/

Attached: Ruger SP101 22LR.jpg (1600x888, 300K)

Theres nothing wrong with 22LRm both pistols and rifles are cheap to shoot, suffer practically no barrel wear and at close range they're statistically just as lethal as most pistol calibers

Paul?

Attached: 1525989637994.jpg (238x165, 17K)

k OP. You got a couple issues here.

1. You're letting the feels of an indonesian basketweaving forum override your own feelings. So /k doesn't like, why do you give a shit if you do?

2. Not every gun you own is HD. You don't even have to have an HD gun. You're an adult. You can own a gun strictly for fun. You can also buy a shotgun or pistol caliber carbine and call HD done.

Finally, though "I've wanted it forever" is a complete sentence.
has a point that 22 revolvers are wonderful firearms that teach handgun marksmanship wonderfully.

Accurately shooting someone 8 times before you realize your shooting.... Yeah 22 is bad for self defence.... Psh, this ain't the movies.. people don't shrug off getting shot by anything... They immediately stop what they are doing...

I would advise a self-defense handgun as a first buy because it fulfills an important purpose. After that, buy all the fun toys you want.

Anything other than a g19 is hobby grade.

>>can't justify it to myself when according to Jow Forums .22 is useless for self defense

Practice, plinking, fun shooting. 22 is all those things. .22`s guns are fun like hell.

.22 is not good for self defense but it's better than nothing. My grandpa shot a moonshiner with a .22 rifle and it gave him enough time to run away.

Just get the pistol ya dingus

Attached: DA6951C8-3C96-43F8-83CF-F63E7CCCDF43.jpg (2048x1536, 650K)

Buy it. Whether it’s a Mark II, III or IV or a single six, or a GP100 or an SP101 or an SR-22 it will be a good reliable pistol that will last the rest of your life and always be good to shoot. Likely you get one and then add more as time goes on.

t. Old fag with Mark II and Single Six.

99.9% of Jow Forums has never had to shoot someone with a pistol in self defense, and even fewer have done it enough times to see a difference in muh stawppin' powah between different calibers. Get the pistol, user.

Another vote for a 22lr revolver. Just inherited this neglected fucker, but it's bore is perfect & it shoots great.

Why revolver over semi?

1) Super duper safe. You know condition with a glance. Heavy trigger reduces chance of ND if it comes to that.

2) Super duper accurate. Fixed barrels are sweet, and the single-action trigger of a revolver is usually very nice.

3) Super duper durable. If you don't abuse it, it will outlast you.

4) Super duper user-friendly. The simple loading procedure & small grips make it great for learning & teaching young children & women how to shoot. You will appreciate this when you have kids, or even friends' kids.

5) Super duper good training tool. The single action trigger allows you to train sight alignment, breathing, grip, steady aim, etc. Once you get these down, you can start shooting exclusively in double action and develop Plus Ultra trigger control skills. Additionally, shooting is basically free. $20 will get you an entire afternoon at the range, and due to the low recoil, you won't fatigue quickly while developing these important skills.

6) Super duper aesthetics. Revolvers look fuckin cool, especially some of the newer options like the SP101 22.

Semi-autos are good too, but as you can see, you get some extra benefit in a revolver, especially as a training tool, that you lose with a semi-auto.

I will note one caution though: when training exclusively with 22lr, it is easy to take a dainty grip on the gun due to its lack of recoil; try to avoid creating this habit. Grip the gun very firmly, because when you switch to a centerfire caliber, a loose grip will fuck your shit up. Minimize training scars, they are hard to repair.

Attached: 20180620_065019.jpg (2260x3012, 2.49M)

Unless they are very, very high. Wounds and more importantly pain are all mental in their stopping power unless you completely annihilate the body. A gunshot will almost instantly stop a soldier in a trench because he's likely currently afraid and expecting to die. A roided nigger on six different drugs may march through handgun fire like a puddle and eat your entire head like it was nothing.

Just need to be mindful of you targets, and place your shots accordingly. Also never forget to keep moving. No need to let him catch up if you can just walk away while filling him.

>.22 is useless for self-defense
If you honestly believe that, let someone shoot you with one.

Oh, okay, I didn't think so.

>why would you want to buy a gun?!?
do you know where you are?

A 22LR will fuck up a person just as well as most other calibers. It may not have that stopping power of the larger ones, but it can easily stop a cunt. Look at the murder statistics in the US by caliber. Hell, an assassin gunning for raegan dropped 3 people instantly with a .22.

Do as you please, OP.

T. SR22 owner

You only die once.

Do it.

Another vote for the 22lr DA/SA revolver OP. If you do go that route, I'd recommend either the Ruger GP that's chambered in 22lr or one of the old H&R top break revolvers. I like my S&W 617, but it's a little too large for CC, has the Hillary Hole, and mine had a forcing cone that was out of spec and S&W had to warranty it. Ruger is probably a better bet. Regardless, the reason I advise a revolver over the ruger or a buckmark (both excellent guns) is that if you have a failure to fire (happens with rimfire eventually) just pull the trigger and skip right to the next round. You do you OP, no one is volunteering to stand in front of a 22lr and if it means actual hours of practice, range time, and carry, you're better off than most. In most cases simply HAVING a gun means that criminals suddenly remember pressing business elsewhere.
Just remember shot placement is king, and at close range with that small a cartridge it can easily turn into hand to hand combat. Remember that YOU are the weapon, a gun is merely a means to an end. If facing a determined attacker 10 rounds of 22lr is just your opening salvo. (See this user's comment - ) Seriously OP, buy the gun you'll practice with and actually use. You're better off magdumping 10 rounds of 22lr into some dindu and having him fuck off or subsequently fighting a wounded and weakened opponent than having a gun that you don't carry, practice with, or have any real familiarity with.

Good luck OP.