You get to pick whatever medieval weaponry and armor you want
(they all have random armor/weapons)

What's your loadout?

Attached: Gladiator.jpg (940x646, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShouldersOfDoom
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only correct answer

Attached: B77BB669-41C7-4276-828F-605EBF387D5C.jpg (928x1354, 109K)

ancient rome

medieval weaponry

sure

2 big boys tackles you and one of them puts a dagger through your eye slit

A long bow, full plate, a pike, short sword and a large shield.

Imma clear out a corner, and take pot shots at anyone bigger than me or people working together.

same thing would happen if you wore anything else

this fool thinks he can effectively use a longbow in full plate while lugging around a pike and a large shield

Forgive him, he has probably played too much mount and blade.

>armor
A helmet, a gambeson, some metal knuckled gloves and a nice pair of boots
>weaponry
Several daggers, an axe, a mace, a shield, and a bundle of spears
>strategy
Find a nice spot against a wall, drop the spears on the ground, with all armor equipped and weapons attached to my body on sheaths and slings. Pick spear up and poke anyone that gets close. When my spear breaks, grab another. If they get too close, switch to closer ranged weaponry based on what theyre wearing. Armored bois get flanked and whacked with the mace. Poorbois get shanked or chopped. The gambeson will protect from most cuts, so use the shield to defend my oyher body parts, and stop anyone from bonking me on the head or stabbing me. After enough bodies pile up, ill be left alone until the last few challengers remain. The only trick would be bowfags, but if theres literally any weapons and armor i want, grab a bunch of shields and stand them up against planted spears to make rudimentary arrow defenses

Die
t. fatbody

>back against a wall in a sword fight

its like you want to be one of the first ones to die

Attached: russian damascus knife from T-Series barrel with a hint of depleted uranium.jpg (1144x856, 474K)

implying you can make it to the wall carrying all that shit

implying 50 other dudes won't have the same idea

So your going to be the corpse standing out in the open in the middle of the arena
It would take a bit of doing, but its very possible. Also, if 50 other people are doing it, it sort of leads credence to the value of the strategy.

Armor: Nothing, besides a bear skin

Weapon: a one handed battle hammer

Kite shield in the off hand
and a small bag of throwing stones

magic mushrooms and fermented goat milk booze

when battle starts, pop mushrooms and booze, start bashing. throw stones to stun range attackers, close in and bash more

Can I use my pet lion

>Also, if 50 other people are doing it, it sort of leads credence to the value of the strategy.
that's like everybody thinks going to a gun store in a zombie out break is a good idea

a trident, and a net

7 billion people breathe air too, so you better hold your breath

Armour: Some sort of hardened leather chest piece, nothing too heavy , but enough to protect me from slashes, maybe a shield made of the same

Weapon: Mace or some sort of hammer, armour or not, you're gonna feel it if that shit hits you, I wouldn't know how to use a sword or spear, maybe have a knife as a backup

once you are against the wall at least two people will team up to fuck your shit in under a minute. then they will part their seperate ways again looking for the next opponent. its natural human behaviour.

Attached: laughing tankers.jpg (279x445, 17K)

iron ball attached to a two meter chain
slingshot with five Stones
mace
dagger
--
Open face helmet
leather breast plate
leather arm & leg protectors with thin sheets of metal sewn onto it
a small one handed shield worn on the back in a sling

do i get to have a large hunting dog?

Attached: gee Mikhaill.jpg (544x732, 127K)

A catapult and some sort of makeshift medieval parachute. Once the battle starts, pull the lever and fuck off over the wall.

Later that night, I sneak into the chamber of the last remaining survivor, and stab him as he sleeps.

Attached: 1529031144447.jpg (1024x684, 74K)

nobody has thought of the fact that you can always steal weapons from the people you kill

In fact being adaptable is probably the best strategy.

In the beginning you want to be lightly armored, so you can capably evade all threats. Being light on your feet is essential. And at the end, as you become more of a target, you want to stack up on armor and heavy weapons

I go for a scavenger strategy. The only weapon I start with will be a spear, because of it's general utility, and ability to keep threats at bay. Eventually as I add armor I'll pick up a sword, and depending on the circumstances a mace for armored opponents

Attached: goblin.jpg (2000x1461, 669K)

Plebeians, all of you.

First, full plate. Stop believing to that dumb meme that you don't have full motion range and it is too heavy. It is not, it is lighter than a chainmail and you can move while wearing it absolutely fine. Second, shield. Solid bigger shield, though not tower shield. Probably one bonus shield if the first one get fucked. Third, either spiked mace or hammer as a weapon. It is easiest to handle without training and can be effectively used to rekt both armored and unarmored. As a secondary, short stabby sword and/or falchion.

Plenty of you fags say halberd or spear. That is bullshit however, as you get raped in the ass without training.

but what about deformation after the first hits on it? its not like you have room and time to retreat where you could safely take it off.

Attached: 5773_5d81_960.jpg (960x744, 40K)

That's why you have a shield. And serious deformation is only real danger when hit by another blunt force weapon like mace or hammer. Swords and most of the axes and other stabby/cutting weapons won't do shit to your plate.

>shield with a full plate harness
>not jousting
You want to know how I know you're a retard?

/his/ here

Concur that OP is Maximus Faggotus

Correct answer is gladius and scutum for smash and stab

>medieval
>gladiator
gamberson with Full 15th century plate
war hammer, buckler, broad sword and a dagger

Otherwise I'm going as a Dimachaerus

Lmao mate scutums are only good for fighting as a unit

Then I would just wear 2 big boys and automatically win every time.

Don’t stand there like a retard and stab big boi as he tries to grab you.

>never specified what medieval era
FOOLUSH user, I being Sigmar’s glory.
>200 on a table which has been tied to my leg, while the rest of me is in light full plate
>just stand there casually shooting people

Attached: A767100E-72AD-4677-84B5-138970F4F7C1.jpg (1600x529, 149K)

Full plate armor with a polearm

But why ever choose hardened leather over a gambeson?

>Long bow
>Full plate
>Shooting multiple targets quickly within 100 yard range

You gonna get killed.

>gambeson with full plate
That's goes without saying.

The only good answer.

Just a fucking gambeson? No hauberk, coat of plates, or a breast plate? And how the fuck are you going to carry all that shit son?

A bundle of spears, so literally an armful. The extra shields can be fucking wooden planks for all im using them for, so stack them up and drag/carry/kick them into position when im not fighting off unwashed peasants. Everything else im wearing.
Also, the best armor is not getting hit in the first place, and with skill and a shield, you dont need anything. Im taking a gambeson so i dont get rekt by some homo with a little sword getting in a lucky hit.

Attached: aXPaGD0G_700w_0.jpg (700x674, 78K)

You'd be a giant fucking mess walking across the arena. Also kicking the wood planks, really? You're gonna use all you're energy trying to get you're shit into position. One last thing, what about you're daggers, axe, and a mace? You gonna kick or drag those across the field, or are you gonna use you're teeth and oraly man-handle that bundle of bad ideas?

Midieval AK-47, with Midievel bayonet and 1.5X optic. Midievel claymore mines and midievel vietnam war era pineapple grenades.

Attached: 1468078818134.jpg (736x1282, 134K)

This is all perfectly doable for me. Youve never pushed a box or something with your foot? Not literally punting shit across a battlefield. Just find the nearest wall and move the shit. In my first lost i stated that all of my other weapons would be sheathed and slinged.

GUN SPEARS
GUN SHIELDS
ARMOUR WITH BULGE
FULL HENRY VIII SET

Attached: Henry VIII was a bit crazy.jpg (1500x1001, 381K)

Well no shit you're not going to punt a pile of fucking wood but moving it would slow you down.

One of these and a langswerd.

Attached: graz armory.jpg (1200x934, 115K)

Medium carbon steel plate armor (full body)
Polearm
dagger on my side
Spiked boots

What polearm? I like pole axes myself.

I realize this, but theres 99 other people to fight besides you, so there will be some down time as everyone fights each other. bow boys can fuck you up if they survive the initial bloodbath, and bringing cover with you is the best way i can think of for defending against them.

Late Italian plate, a poleaxe, an estoc and a dagger. I'm not experienced with polearms but I'm a quick learner, I guess at least I have experience with axes and brush axes and I can always drop the thing and move on to what I know. That armor will be a bitch though, not only have I never trained with armor but I don't train at all anymore and let myself get fat after college.

Attached: Late 15th century German rondel dagger.png (872x960, 621K)

Halberd of course

It has everything you need
the range
the blunt force
the stabbing
the cutting

The goddamn best answer.

Attached: Gotheborg.jpg (688x587, 74K)

Peasants, the lot of you. My armor would be that of archduke sigismund von tirol. My weapon, a longsword, made for thrusting, and a dagger if I become disarmed. I would halfsword anyone in serious armor, and those who are lesser equipped, I would simply slash them into fine, red, ribbons.

Attached: archduke sigismund von tirol plate armor.jpg (484x907, 96K)

Helmet, Light armor with metal reinforcements in the forearms/shins for deflecting, a reinforced wooden shield.
A spear, a gladius, and two daggers.

If i survive the first two minutes, my strategy would be to cover whoever is btfoing everyone else and cautiously hope that he has a sense of honour.

Leather armor. Gladius. Small shield.
This isn’t a sprint. It’s a marathon.

I use a gladius, and the bloodied armor of someone that died in the last fight, then play dead from the start. Hopefully I'm assumed dead and wait it out. Then when there's only one man standing, tired and beaten, I finish him.

A cart that contains 1000 loaded 1000 lbs crossbows.

weaponry would definitely be a war hammer and armor probably just a bootleg medieval plate carrier sewn together with a wooden plate in front and back so i dont get impaled by all the spastics tossing dozens of spears. id just run around bashing dipshits in full plate from behind.

ive already come to terms with the fact that the odds of me being alive to attempt 1 on 1 combat is too low to not just run around bricking dudes for the plebs entertainment.

Attached: imageedit_17_5958617683.png (295x457, 225K)

You're just going to die to people who are similarly armed but better armored.

Attached: 1501349113500.jpg (482x404, 35K)

im taking stamina into account. im hoping the arena is large enough that its not just a chaos orgy right off the bat.

>im taking stamina into account
OK, you are not the first person to do so, stamina is not a concern unique to you. You are going to die to people who are similarly armed but better armored.

no fucking shit faggot i already said that the point is im going to bash some fuckers before enough dudes die that more 1 on 1 combat begins to take place. im going for the most kills not last man standing. faggot.

Attached: mfw.jpg (550x818, 108K)

>im going for the most kills
And you're not going to get it because you're going to die to people who are similarly armed but better armored.

wrong

Attached: fuck.png (2784x1664, 3.74M)

>t. dead within 2 minutes

What is it with fantasy armours and huge shoulders? It's everywhere

>Forgive him, he has probably played too much mount and blade.
Well then what's unforgivable is to not remember that you can only 4 items and not 5 (precisely to avoid the op "range + s&b + polearm" combo).

You aren't going to be able to swap armor though.
If you don't bring a shield or range protection of some sort, the people who brought missiles will necessarily target you and your likes first.

Brigandine coat, greaves, full helm.
Flanged mace and steel medium shield.
Everyone can be bashslashed by the mace. Shield will not fail me.

Medieval? Why, a black powder firearm of course. If I can't then you're a bad DM.

>thinking your beta strat against a true warrior whos killed the rest of tge combatants would work
What some magic happens and the guy is suddenly not able to continue fighting when you run up like a lightweight bitch?
Kek
Get fucked.

You'll be dead before you'll even finish drawing your bow.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShouldersOfDoom

>Everyone can be bashslashed by the mace.
>bashslashed
>slash
>mace

Attached: Costanzaxe.jpg (236x250, 20K)

a flange mace is one with thick ribs that are filed down to blades on the edges, leads to fuckloads of bleeding from the bruises caused by the mace.

>a flange mace is one with thick ribs that are filed down to blades on the edges
The vast majority of flanged maces that I've seen have flanges that are several mm thick where they connect. I'm gonna need to see some sources for these claims user.

Attached: 16th century European mace.jpg (503x2623, 64K)

Invincibility Armour my cheeky 5 year old came up with.

longsword. also HEMA classes are fun even if instructors suck.

A spike suit.

Attached: 336.gif (750x500, 21K)

Until 2 big boys wearing 2 big boys each (for a total of 6 big boys) tackle you and stick something in your slit...

Siege tower.

Now instead of everyone killing each other, we can kill our way out of the crowd.

Attached: siege_tower.jpg (587x767, 62K)

A longsword, meyer style preferred but that's 16th century so not sure if it's allowed,

I'd wear a gambeson, leather gloves and this helmet because it offers superb vision for the protection it offers.

Obvious reason for these is because it's all I'm practiced with, I do HEMA and so I have at least some experience with longsword and know it enough to half sword and murderstroke so I can use it against armored foes. The gear because it's what I'm used to sparring with and I wouldn't want the first time I ever wear plate mail to be when I'm fighting 100 men to the death

Attached: Sir giles capel.jpg (200x252, 6K)

Give me a chainmail coat, chain gauntlets, and good sturdy boots. For helmet, I would value peripheral vision over protection, since nobody's watching my back. Something like a greathelm or a bascinet would be right out. A barbute with the right visor would be attractive, and an aventail is a must. A nasal helm with aventail would be a second choice. It's a little open for my taste, but I don't anticipate projectiles being much of a problem here.

Now, the weapons. Give me a medium flanged mace. Nothing too spiky, I'd hate for it to get stuck. I'd take a smaller round shield, something about 70cm across. Not quite viking size, but bigger than a buckler. I'm more worried about mobility and winning duels than defending against projectiles. For sidearm, I'd like a dagger or possibly a light axe.

For other equipment, I would like a couple tourniquets and a canteen. I'm going to die in here, but I won't let it be to blood loss or heat stroke. And give me a crusader's tabard. Deus fucking vult.

Attached: 1525455699060.jpg (800x800, 152K)

You forgot this.

Attached: IMG_1437.jpg (470x313, 35K)

I like this one.

Attached: ceramicdestiny.jpg (1280x810, 202K)

It's Blizzard's fault.

200 handgonnes

>dies because he ran straight into a man drawing a bow.

a brigandine and plate, an estoc and a lucerne

Give me a bucket full of pommels and I shall end them rightly.

Attached: 9vX0enn.jpg (1007x900, 177K)