Can plastic guns be aesthetic?

Can plastic guns be aesthetic?

Attached: 1518144175265.png (1920x1080, 60K)

>Plastic
What part of that gun's action is plastic?

I think beauty follows function. (Or is it form follows function?)I bought a g19 for the reliability, and the looks have grown on me.

But this doesn't apply to cars. A Corolla or Camry just can't be aesthetic when Porsche and Corvettes exist.

The Springfield XD is fugly. As are the S&W plastic guns. The long barrel glocks are also ugly x 10

Attached: glock19 inforce aplc.jpg (1600x1200, 296K)

First you have to define what you mean by "aesthetic"

Yeah Blocks are ugly, but Block Shaped HK's and HP's are all on level playing ground of horrible aesthetic. I mean fuck, the HiPoint is reliable, as is the HK USP Compact. You can get like 4 guns for the price of having metal & a nice trigger pull for something that collects dust 350 days a year

Attached: USP HI POINT.png (932x1144, 1.26M)

>form follows function
I also believe this. Things that perform better eventually become cool looking. Take cars for an example. People think spoilers look cool on street cars because they are on race cars. Cars have fake brake intakes in the front bumpers because race cars started having them. Minivans have fake diffusers on the back bumper because race cars have them.

Same goes with anything like guns. Military will adopt something purely based on performance. Over the course of 30 years it will become "cool" simply because people saw soldiers using it both in real life and in movies.

a e s t h e t i c
d 0 0 d
Just has to soothe your soul based on shape, lines, theme and colors

Attached: aesthetic.png (1920x1080, 711K)

yessir. but
my favorite and most a e s th e ut i c race cars of my childhood didn't have any bullshit scoops or air vents. Didn't even have headlights

Just loooook at thissssss

Attached: jeffgordondupont.jpg (1600x900, 1.11M)

the m16 is mostly plastic, provoe me wrong

Attached: retro m16.png (500x682, 548K)

What kind of light are you running? I’m in the market for one but I’m hesitant to drop $200

patrician opinion

glocks are uniquely aesthetic given how basic and minimalist they are. no other strikerfire/budget handgun comes close. especially any piece of shit made in america covered with warnings that are engraved/printed on visible parts of the gun like the slide.

Attached: 47071[1].png (1929x1423, 1.7M)

I have that inforce aplc. I paid $120 for it. It's compact and flush to the gun. If you don't mind it sticking out further, and with a budget of TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS for a FLASHLIGHT, you can get like twice the lumens with the bigger lights.

Attached: future.jpg (1280x1024, 217K)

Bruh u wish u had a GRIP ZONE™ brand GRIP ZONE

oh god lets just get a list of shit these retards got wrong and automatically disqualify a gun from being good looking

>front slide serrations
>picatinny rail
>visible safety warnings
>retarded placement of serial number
>that disgusting hinged trigger

I briefly had extra plastic on my glock. Thought it was a cool surf summer blue. Not girly tiffany blue

Attached: glock 19.jpg (4000x3000, 1.71M)

Rails are pretty much a requirement on any modern pistol though.

good for a classic car or truck

not so much on a gun grip

Attached: carly rae jep.jpg (617x409, 77K)

>CAUTION--CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED
Well no shit, Sherlock.

Attached: 1520632741287.jpg (261x375, 14K)

So that sight just works by pure fucking magic and doesn't need anything to project the image?

Other than that I will say it does look super utilitarian

>those fucking caverns excavated for the serial number and qr code
>that half assed attempt at front slide serrations
>the rail that will only be used for lights/lasers off amazon
>company branding on both sides of the slide

naaaa dog

I mean... I don't think it's impossible.

Attached: sam6.png (1292x629, 392K)

Also in 1983, Nissan blew peoples minds with the 300ZX interior.

Attached: 300zx 2.jpg (750x496, 88K)

Attached: nissan300zx.jpg (600x450, 26K)

Of course

Attached: 00426833-4B1F-4B53-B3A2-CE668FBF5469.jpg (4032x3024, 2.8M)

Sleek and smooth just looks good. Be it wood, plastic, fiberglass, aluminum or steel

Golf ball dimples for 5% faster quick draw

Attached: 1448421229490.jpg (1783x998, 805K)

Personally I find them about as visually bland as humanly possible
Used to cc a glock 43

Attached: g43.jpg (1580x889, 127K)

Only three items on the BoM are plastic-related. Everything else is either steel or aluminum.

Is that a 5.7x28 hekler-my-koch?

No.

None of that is projected. It's just LED.

Nope. In the year 2023 Trijicon teams up with Kel Tec - SigSauer and makes pewpew of the year

not to be that guy, but tEcHnIcAlLy it's LCD. LED didn't appear in automotive dashboards until like mid 2000's Lexus and Mercedes.

I can understand the serial number being placed in that cutout to make it harder to file off. The QR code can fuck off, though.

Beautiful. Where did you get that upper? Thinking about grabbing an 80% lower.

Looks snug and comfy tbqh, but yeah a bit girly

Gawd she's purty

Really depends on if you like plastic guns themselves enough to appreciate their aesthetics. Everyone seems to agree that poly guns aren't as nice looking as steel frames, but that could be a product of the era. Back in the day, my great grandpa and his little circle of old vets said they didn't like autoloading pistols almost purely on looks and insisted revolvers were more beautiful to his dying breath. I like poly, but years later that might be the common opinion.

I will admit that the M&P has a face only a mother could love, which is why I had mine cerakoted to cover the warning and add some contrast. I think it's pretty now.

Attached: IMG_20180623_162440102~2.jpg (3509x2588, 1.39M)

I think so.

Attached: MV-STEYR-2.png (720x540, 670K)

Sweet that looks just like the kind of shorty I'd want.

On a related note: Anyone know where to get this furniture?
It makes me erect in ways I didnt think possible

Attached: 930goals.png (138x245, 54K)

>thinks glocks look good
>shits on M&P

Attached: 1484104663130.gif (800x430, 564K)

Front slide serrations and rails look good depending on what the rest looks like. Everything else i agree with you.

Bahahaha
Remind me why we apply the soiboi meme to CZ fags instead of glock sissies

I recently acquired the budget version of a M&P, a VE. My initial impression is I am completely in love the thing. Grip is the right length with flush mags, it's almost a tiny bit too thick but otherwise as close to perfect and a million times better than I thought it'd be for a double stack in width. The texturing isn't as extreme but feels really good without gloves can easily adjust my hand on it. Everyone says the trigger is shit but it feels like compared to a DOA revolver, the travel on it is way better than some other guns I've handled it stages and feels very much like an old m16a2 does. I thought it'd have some weird balance issues with a light frame and heavy slide but it just seems alright with the grip position. Initially I was going to get one of these see how I like it then upgrade to a M&P keep this as a back up gun for when I take the other one apart or something or just in case to have another one around but now I'm a bit worried I might like this one enough I may not like the M&P as much but I'll have to run a bunch of boxes of ammo through it first.
I thought glocks were ugly af but I like this clone enough the looks are growing on me a bit.

Oops, meant DAO. Still kind of weird figuring out what to do with my offhand can't shove it in the same spot as a revolver.

That's the furniture off of the field model, you could try lobbying Mossberg customer service on the phone. Alternatively you could order a stock from Boyd's.

That could work

That's what I'd try first. "My hardwood stock cracked and I would like to buy a replacement. I do not want a synthetic stock."

I thought about it for my HD 930, but I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to start up a weird 500 project gun or not.

I have the 28" field model with the hardwood stock as well.

Some guns have magazine safeties.

>I do not want a synthetic stock."

Attached: 1523296318993.png (582x720, 487K)

Nice dubs, but I was telling him how to get a hardwood stock for 930 SPX a e s t h e t i c s

It's hard to beat synthetic aesthetics.

Attached: 1515425469486.jpg (1920x1570, 889K)

ok

The grip and stock are the only plastic parts on them. Even the guards tend to be reinforced with a metal heat shield if it doesn't have an aluminum hand guards with a rail system on it. It's a great mix between steel/aluminum/polymer. Very much a space age material construction for the atom age. AKM's new modernization is even trying to copy it again for a second time.

Attached: atom_photo.png (940x872, 1.08M)

Barrel

Jeff fucking gordon, the legend

M&Ps have gorgeous slides; it's their frames that make them look fugly.

and knowing that they have spongey turd triggers

I think the steyr m9a1 is bretty aesthetic.

Attached: 6163857804_f543b09aa9_b.jpg (1024x756, 257K)

Glock has that fuckin pig snout, but butter faces and slam pigs are sort of my thing

Attached: 1520260268749.jpg (640x960, 425K)

I wish my 19 had ports on it like that.

Attached: 1524763451323.png (571x448, 19K)

Yes

Attached: 718FD581-E05A-4109-AB25-BE6C1A815476-1824-000001C5D4925F3A.jpg (2592x1728, 385K)

Why do people like ports? If the light conditions suck you're hardly going to see the sights to start with. The muzzle flash is going to be way worse that way and your night vision is going to get wrecked after the first shot, your never going to transition targets doing that.

There's no way it increases muzzle flash, that's ridiculous. People put them on for:

>muh saving ounces of weight

and

>super cool tactical space blaster

They're dumb because they're unnecessary and basically debris receptacles for inducing failure.

What? In the slide, dummy, not the barrel. S'wrong witchu?

Yeah but I just like how it looks. You ever look at one of your modified weapons (assuming you would have one) and think, "Yeah, that looks purdy fuckin' cool".

Not gonna fault you for that, that's fair.

How in the living fuck do you not have more muzzle flash if the porting is in front of the front sight??????
I get the muzzle flash can fuck that all up just the same, but night sight isnt even an option with that porting. All that gas trying to push the muzzle down is going up, in the line of sight. That means fire goes there first before the muzzle.
Okay, port your slide and not your barrel, check back on how I'm the dummy.

What in the flying fuck is this nigger talking about?

Attached: 085.png (288x288, 70K)

>How in the living fuck do you not have more muzzle flash if the porting is in front of the front sight??????

By porting it behind the front sight?

Attached: 084.png (600x512, 298K)

Oh jesus christ you losers don't even understand how a bolt or slide functions I was being sarcastic about doing that. If you don't know where a front sight is or where porting goes on these types of pistols do yourself a favor and don't mess around with the springs unless you hire a gunsmith. This is why we can't have nice guns with cool engravings that don't have retarded warning labels on them.

Desu, did you take your meds today?
You literally get a few springs and try the stiffest and gradually go softer until your ejected brass lands about 5-6' away.

Attached: 1529539461360.gif (900x900, 388K)

this is the only "aesthetic" gun

Attached: 92fs_zoom002.jpg (840x536, 72K)

You're actually a moron. Consider killing yourself.

>safety on slide

Attached: 5E5248AE2070CE4CD7BCEF89666CCA259C085B4D[1].jpg (1024x576, 121K)

>pretendingtoberetarded.jpg

I fully believe you people want to point the guns in the right direction and safety stuff can be beat into your little minds. God help us all if you can legally buy a gun on your own though.

>gets ported slides confused with ported compensators
>blames everyone else

Why? I have no need for rails.

its still more aesthetic than any other gun

It's definitely iconic but I wouldn't say aesthetic. These ultimately are just personal tastes, obviously.

>kind of want one so my grandkids can have "grandpa's service pistol"

Look pretty like one of those engraved colt SAAs

Son, you're on the internet. Go image search what a compensator is and looks like. The thread will still be here when you get back.

Attached: 1511661663414.jpg (1024x680, 169K)

I've probably forgot to flip off my safety when trying to shoot enough times to not comment on this but there isn't any functional argument against slide safeties other than recoil or it snagging on your clothes engaging it if it were already off. In terms of not glocklegging yourself it's way better than a trigger safety. It makes me sweat having a gun in my pocket even if it's holstered wondering what could disturb just the trigger without anything else stopping it. I don't keep that thing in one specific spot, it could be any pocket or wherever I can fit it. Anything could hit it pretty hard or it could snag on something.

>thinks ports in slides well behind the muzzle will magically emit bright lights

the digger you deep, the more embarassing it is

I think slide safeties aren't that bad. Just to clarify, I'm actually a different user than:

>the digger you deep

I may be drunk but I'm still correct

You don't expect lights from your muzzle, or increased lights from porting to reduce muzzle climb. We're both drunk but you're dumb as fuck. I'm whatever user you want to think I am. That's some dumb shit.

brought to you by miller high life

Attached: drunk.jpg (3976x2646, 1.55M)

Springfield XD(M)s are pleasant to look at.

Attached: download.jpg (226x223, 6K)

>tfw paid $230 for 7 guns, 2 of which are hi points

Kek install that shit on a slide not built for it and see what happens.
>hint: it looks like this

Attached: 18723723_266136200526979_7379108488632336384_n-700x700.jpg (700x700, 71K)

Gaston hates him! Local man turns Glock 17 into Glock 19 with this one simple trick!

Yes

Attached: 123413241234321.jpg (800x800, 72K)

That was never my argument

Rip joined really late in the thread and barely glanced at the last few posts, thought you were saying that a ported barrel would matter cause the slide blocks the escaping gases and flash, carry on.

Wouldn't*

ah, no

i had kind of a feeling this was just a big misunderstanding

I mean my first post was just the blown up block, the guy your arguing with is a retard.