10 gauge shotguns

Why isn't 10 gauge more common? Aside from maybe weight and price of ammo, wouldn't they pretty much do everything a 12 gauge can do but better?

Also does anyone have any good 10 gauge shotty suggestions? I've been wanting a side by side for a while but I know basically nothing about popular manufacturers when it comes to 10Ga

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1529455524953m.jpg (1024x768, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winchesterindustrial.com/loads.html
njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/waterfowl_federal_regs.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=uJG3uTUJ2J8
youtube.com/watch?v=wfGJ2qj-SdM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=43RFx8Pk6HE
fwp.mt.gov/fwpDoc.html?id=81769
youtube.com/watch?v=VqmPXXEkrPQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>other than these reasons why people dont use 10g why dont people use 10g
hmmmmmmm really gets my noggin joggin

Well if more people used 10 Ga then more people would be producing ammo, meaning that the ammo prices would drop to a more reasonable amount over time. I don't think weight is a huge issue unless you're backpacking or something similar

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1529455231157m.jpg (1024x768, 97K)

It's overkill the majority of the time. 10 gauge has some popularity for hunters with niche tastes, but that's about it.

>1903, not using puntguns.
Its like you think the Kaiser would care.

Because shotguns are dead and inferior in everything but bird hunting compared to modern firearms.

Well there's debate over the effectiveness of shotguns in home defense. Some people suggest birdshot for HD because of fear of overpenetration, but then the actual damage inflicted by the shot comes into question. Wouldn't a 10 Ga loaded with birdshot offer the best of both worlds, with a larger number of projectiles offering greater power even with smaller shot?

well 12 gauge can do everything just fine and is now common and cheap. so you should be asking why did 10 gauge die out to begin with, and im guessing the reason was probbaly because 12 gauge shells were a bit cheaper and people started buying them instead becasue they were still good enough to get the job done, then demand for 10 gauge waned and now here we are, where almost nobody creates 10 gauge ammo or guns because there is no market for it

Why would you use something that powerful if in 99% of the situations 12 gauge can do the job ? And if it doesn't, you'd better use a full-powered rifle cartridge which will give you some range & accuracy than some awkward oversized double barrel shotgun.

manlets are the main reason

you mean ducklets? back in our great great grandfathers age, they used to hunt bigger game like baby dinosaurs and teradactyls. now that they are extinct, we only hunt small animals like ducks so naturally we dont need as big a gun

I'm sure that even in 10 gauge, the energy each individual pellet would have would still be extremely low. It would be like with 12 g : at short range it'll act like a slug and at longer range it'll only pepper the guy. OK with 10g each individual mm2 of skin of the BG will receive some lead but penetration would still remain low past 10 to 15 meters.

>tfw no 8 gauge pump shotgun

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 105K)

>he hasn't upgraded to the superior gauge

Attached: ks23_o1.jpg (800x452, 161K)

>just found out winchester industrial actually makes 8 gauge magnum 00 buckshot
winchesterindustrial.com/loads.html

hnnnnng

Because the only thing you can legally hunt them with is turkey and the factory ammo is expensive as hell.

I'd still like one, someday. Just because.

>Implying you can't legally hunt with a 10 gauge

What the fuck you nigger

If there's a state you can legally shoot waterfowl with a 10-bore in, I am blissfully unaware of it.

>dem 8g industrial shotguns
Somebody get on the line to hickok, been too long since he had a worthwhile video.

10 gauge began to get popular around the time lead shot for waterfowl became verboten. the tungsten/bismuth/antimony/whatever shot hadnt really gotten big yet, and by using a shell with a larger diameter, more steel shot could be packed into a shell. then 12 gauge shells got longer allowing more shot, and lead alternative shells became more popular

What hunting methods are illegal?
No persons shall take migratory game birds:
• With a trap, snare, net, rifle, pistol, swivel gun, shotgun larger than 10 gauge, punt
gun, battery gun, machinegun, fish hook, poison, drug, explosive, or stupefying
substance;
>njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/waterfowl_federal_regs.pdf

show me a few sourced showing that hunting with 10 gauge is illegal

Same reason 9mm is more popular than 10mm

manlets?

Op I’m happy you liked my shotgun so much you saved all the pictures from the last thread. Want my 10ga pics?

>No persons shall take migratory game birds:
> machinegun

these fucking communists are literally asking for a revolution. its our goddamn right to take geese with a Bofors ack ack

post a vid shooting a watermelon with one plz

See rekt

Oh yes please, it looks great. I spent probably a good hour looking through 10 gauge side by side pics trying to find what model it was after the thread archived

when will they learn?

Anyone own any zabalas? They look pretty nice but there seem to be some pretty varied opinions of them online

Attached: 10 ga thumbnail0.jpg (900x365, 232K)

hes a big guy

Electric power plant ash removal with an 8 gauge shotgun, how do I get this job?

U
U
U
U

Attached: ciass23.jpg (459x603, 166K)

>swivel gun
ARR, YE HAVE HONKED YER LAST HONK, ME HEARTY

youtube.com/watch?v=uJG3uTUJ2J8

I'm surprised this exists

Attached: Ge7a4.jpg (1200x897, 331K)

>shoulder sore, hands raw and bloody from single loading, fatigued to the max
The library would be a hell of a way to go

>Why isn't 10 gauge more common?
because 12/89 is a thing aka 3.5 inch
youtube.com/watch?v=wfGJ2qj-SdM

The guy in the video says he'd rather overkill something than underkill it, which is why he uses those as opposed to smaller .410 or 20 gauge. If anything isn't that an argument in favor of the heavier 10 gauge from the perspective of a hunter?

10 gauge is less then 12 gauge 3.5 inch

There's 10 gauge 3.5 inch shells too.

still, 12 gauge 3.5inch will be faster and probably cheaper

Indiana

Some guy has a bolt action chambered in 8 gauge on gunbroker. The kiln guns that its based off of have a built in suppressor, so it might be entering NFA tier autism.

Attached: whirlybird_gun.jpg (637x475, 93K)

Why isn't .338 Lapua more common? Aside from maybe weight and price of ammo, wouldn't they pretty much do everything 7.62 NATO can do but better?

That's pretty cool actually

I want 4 gauge HESH to be a thing.

Attached: Shotshell-Comparison.jpg (1600x1200, 172K)

>price of ammo

You've answered your own question, berry. Not much call for a three kilometer round at $5 a pop, apart from military and niche competition applications.

>b r u is wordfiltered to berry

Fucking kikepuppets.

The underage faggot is right- I was playing cock of duty 17 the other day and I couldn't kill all of the Russians with my shotgun. It was fucking gay. So I used a GayR fifmeme and that killed all of the Russians in the face. The GayR fifmeme didn't jam once, unlike the shotgun, which had to be racked after each shot to clear the bullet wrapper from the gun.
>10 gauge and 8 gauge
If you don't shoot a 4 gauge shotgun, you are a manlet and you probably have a vagina. Get on my imaginary level you cucks.

why did they even word filter that? I can understand filtering onions and basedboys because it quickly became overused but not that

Why isn't .577 tyrannosaur more common? Aside from maybe weight and price of ammo, wouldn't they pretty much do everything .308 winchester can do but better?

You need to be 18 to post here little guy.

Attached: 1C8ECE7B-CD4E-4CFC-87A8-100F3B84094B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

Dat bore size. If this thread is still up Monday I’ll take the 10ga out and blow some stuff up for you guys. Including a few 2oz slugs.

Attached: 36688AA4-1FD0-4F19-AA42-7813A3AB36C7.jpg (4032x3024, 1.49M)

when I was young my brother wanted to shoot our ten gauge double barrel and accidentally loaded our dog up with 00 buckshot so fuck ten gauge

Who made it? It's hard to read the markings on the top pic there

It’s an American Arms turkey special 10. Company is out of business but the gun is bomb proof. I’ve hand loaded a few loads that are well above “safe” and it shows no signs of damage and still locks up tight as a drum. They are cheap when you can find them, mine was 450 in like new condition.

Really nice looking gun, thanks for the info. I'll have to keep an eye out for them, I love that finish.

12 gauge magnums are the whole reason 10 fell out of favor because the 10 offered nothing while being larger and heavier. Seriously.

No, because the 3.5 is already overkill

Idk if the thread has enough momentum to keep it going until Monday but you're more than welcome to post more of it in a thread of your own if it 404's or archives by then

I was looking for an Ithaca Mag-10 for the longest time, but I think I'm gonna go with a Browning BPS for a slightly more practical stupid gun. Plus briley makes extensions

3.5 inch 12 gauge is just as good

Looks like the perfect gun to kill your future self with.

Same length with a larger diameter = more and heavier shot loads. 12ga will never be “just as good”.

No such thing as over kill. Sounds like Sally talk to me. If you can manage the recoil shoot whatever you want at whatever you like.

Way trippier video
m.youtube.com/watch?v=43RFx8Pk6HE

Correct, because dead is dead and the 10 won't make things any more dead which is why it's fallen out of favor. I've had my 3.5 for a decade and I've barely used anything over 2.75 outside of novelty. And I'm very much a believer in novelty guns

As far as more dead I’ll agree with you, dead is dead period. .22 long will kill things, bigger rounds do the same job but allow for a larger margin for error. A dozen 0000 buckshot (that’s right 4 zeros) will never fit in your 12 nor can it toss a 2oz slug.

Attached: 59727A8A-2C5C-4ADE-8694-33F515405D1B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.84M)

So do companies still have register the suppressor for these shotguns and go through that process or are they exempt because they're a company?

fwp.mt.gov/fwpDoc.html?id=81769
Go back to fapping to shota.

Attached: 1507036873047.png (645x729, 58K)

>3 km

No

Where the fuck do you find 2oz 10 gauge slugs? I can barely find regular 10 gauge slugs.

ITHACA MAG 10 MAKES ME WET

Because a lot of people can't or don't want to handle the recoil of a 10 gauge, also cost of ammo and the guns are harder to find.

>British military issue overpressure .338 Lapua Magnum cartridges with a 91.4 mm (3.60 in) overall length, loaded with 16.2-gram (250 gr) LockBase B408 very-low-drag bullets fired at 936 m/s (3,071 ft/s) muzzle velocity from a L115A3 Long Range Rifle were used in November 2009 by British sniper Corporal of Horse (CoH) Craig Harrison to establish the then new record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in combat, at a range of 2,475 m (2,707 yd).[4][5]

So I exaggerated slightly, sue me.

Beats me, but the current site administration seem to be dildos from what I've seen since I've been back. I'm actually beginning to suspect that they're actively anti-Jow Forums and / or anti-RKBA.

Senpai!
youtube.com/watch?v=VqmPXXEkrPQ

Literally could be used out to 3km should the shooter be capable of it, with some luck.