Hey yall I've never shot any gun before besides nerf guns and my dads airsoft gun (I believe it's a benjamin 392) and...

hey yall I've never shot any gun before besides nerf guns and my dads airsoft gun (I believe it's a benjamin 392) and laser tag guns ,but I want to start shooting real guns what do yall recommend?
picture is my dads airsoft gun that I shot

Attached: Benjamin-392-6.jpg (1000x323, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0101.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FAMAS

Attached: E886F143-6620-4F35-8952-B92CADD497B9-13707-000012B034E5D366.jpg (1200x521, 48K)

Get any 22lr gun and shoot cans and stuff

ummmm what?

Buy an ar and shoot your summer school classmates

A good .22LR bolt action rifle with iron sights like a CZ455 or a Ruger 10/22.

You got money to spend? Because this shit is gonna cost a lot of it.

oh boy. How much do you mean by alot?

Exactly

Jesus, FBI, are you even trying anymore?

>I've never shot any gun before besides nerf guns
You'll fit right in on Jow Forums

don't forget airsoft guns and laser tag lol

Stupid meme. Tons of ppl have guns, even eurofags like myself.

Cheap Soviet rifles are usually around 100 while cheap pistols can be from anything between 60 to 120

BUT that's the cheap shit

If you want some old WW2 AMERICAN guns that's gonna cut deep.
Modern stuff are just around 250 to 700.

Anyway I still with cheap shit.

You better have like $300 to drop on a low cost first timer gun, and more money for the ammo.

Check this before you go and try to buy a gun cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0101.htm

Attached: 1529630581328.jpg (718x658, 132K)

Go to the range and rent some for the day
Just pick whatever looks cool to you man like whatever

yeah that's what I was thinking

The most common rec is a ruger 10/22, which is a .22lr rifle. Any .22lr gun is great though. Go to a pawnshop/gunshop and look at what they have available. Also ask relatives, see if they'll let you shoot anything.

>cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0101.htm
thanks dude i'm reading it

>only shot Nerf
>implying that's bad
Welcome newfag

Yeah my uncle loves (we're texan rednecks) guns and I think he'll let me shoot one of them but one problem is he's like a 6 hour drive

Marlin 795 is excellent Babby's first gun.
10/22 is a popular project gun, but the Marlin works great as-is

A Ruger 10/22, or a Ruger PC9, then some boxes of ammo.
These are easy guns to shoot, with cheap ammunition.

The 10/22 is in .22 Long Rifle, a small and economical caliber, you'll get quite a lot of cartridges per dollar, they don't recoil much or make too much noise, so they're very non threatening. Some say they recoil so little that they're almost boring, though. Also, the nature of .22 Rimfire cartridges is that they're a little dirty, so every 100 rounds or so, you'll want to do a little bit of basic cleaning to the gun, as it'll start acting up when it's dirty.

The PC9 uses the same 9mm Luger cartridge used in your typical Glock, Beretta or Sig Sauer pistols, this cartridge is quite easy to shoot from a rifle, though it has a little bit of kick, enough to be fun, and it'll make a nice little *POW* with each shot. Not as dirt cheap as .22LR, but you can still get quite a lot for your money.
The PC9 has the neat feature of using interchangeable magazine wells, it comes with a Ruger pistol magazine well installed, and in the box, there's also one that lets you use Glock pistol magazines, people expect either Ruger, or the aftermarket, to come out with more magazine wells soon.
If you feel like you would want to get a Glock pistol too some day, you could share the magazines between the carbine and pistol.

Also remember hearing protection and the Four Rules.
If you're unsure, about anything, ask a range master and tell him it's your first time, he'll gladly give you advice and get you started on things. Many ranges will often let you rent guns, too.

Attached: four_rules.png (250x150, 75K)

That really depends, cartridges like .22LR, 9mm Luger, 5.56x45mm NATO, and 7.62x39mm, are quite affordable. $100 can get you quite a lot of one of these calibers, if you pick a decent cheap brand (Wolf makes alright 5.56mm and 7.62mm, for instance).

Guns themselves can vary wildly in price, but they generally also last.
$400 or so generally gets you a pretty good 'service pistol', you can get a good shotgun for less than that, and you can get an ok entry-level AR15 rifle for a little bit more.
There are some low budget options, and some ESPECIALLY low budget options, but a lot aren't good. Some are, there's actually a bunch of really good budget options for firearms out there, but I would research carefully to see what's good.

Hi-Point is a very cheap brand, their pistols and rifles are ugly, not so comfortable, and have low capacity, HOWEVER, they just goddamn work. They're hard to break, and if something breaks or stops working, you can call up the manufacturer to have it fixed, absolutely free, even if you bought it used. If you're a person who has very little money, well, the Hi-Point isn't bad, it's not great, but it beats using a harsh tone of voice.

You also have the Century Arms RAS47, an AK47 clone. It's cheap, and doesn't look bad, I mean, AK47s are reliable, right? Everyone's heard that story!
Wrong! The RAS47 is a death trap, it's NOT a good example of an AK47, they're known for various parts breaking, and some important parts even violently shattering or exploding. Stay away! It's not rare for someone to find out about their reputation after having bought one, and they're looking for some sucker to cut their losses with.

So there's a lot of cheap options, some are actually pretty decent, even rather good, considering their price, but some are very horrible.

Attached: 76239.jpg (849x565, 154K)

>It's not rare for someone to find out about their reputation after having bought one, and they're looking for some sucker to cut their losses with.
Me...

Attached: 1525526026364.jpg (960x960, 46K)

>Cheap Soviet rifles are usually around 100
Welcome to 10 years into the future, Doc Brown, the Mosin Nagant has gone up quite a lot in price since your days, even the lowly 91/30, people will generally want like three times that for a decent one of those, and more for an M44.
You can just as well buy an old Yugoslavian Mauser rifle for the same price, and for the same price of ammo, and have a nicer gun.

>If you want some old WW2 AMERICAN guns that's gonna cut deep.
There's some which aren't that hard to get or too expensive.
You can sign up with the CMP for an old M1 rifle for like $750, last I recall, and those are quite good old rifles. Though you'll generally pay like a dollar per round.
You also have various clones of classic Army 1911 pistols, Rock Island Armory makes an ok low budget clone for like $350 or so.

I'm sorry, bro, Century fucked you, but offloading it onto someone else wouldn't be the good thing to do.
Well, maybe you know some pawnshop run by an asshole, maybe you can cut some of your losses on the thing.

Maybe next time, you can buy an old Yugoslav/Serb, or Polack made AK.

Attached: Zastava M95.jpg (1024x768, 171K)

This.
455 Ultra Lux master race

10/22

500 smith and Wesson magnum

Buy an AR-10. Shoot cinder blocks.

Start with a Ruger 10/22. They're essentially practice guns to get you used to things like recoil. Then buy a rifle in .223 or .556, then when you're used to that you should move up to large rounds like .30-06 and .308

Anyone who tells you to buy something like a Mosin-Nagant or a Garand for your first gun is either a dumbass or a troll, they will give you a very bad first impression of shooting

>benjamin air rifle
Brings back fond memories.
Start with a .22

Airguns are not airsoft. You are not smart enough to own a firearm.

>benjamin 392
Nigger that's a .22 air rifle. Not an "airsoft gun".

ARs are pretty cheap now and recoil isn't going to cause any bad shooting habits, i'd go with that or if you want to start without dropping a lot on ammo and stuff get a 10/22. .22 is like 5 cents a round vs 20 cents for .223.

being this new

Newfag

Heck of a shotgun

>picture is my dads airsoft gun that I shot
Not sure if you are just that gun-retarded or a troll...

Ruger 10/22. it’s a classic introduction to guns