Opinions on this man

Now I see everyone constantly talk about this youtuber and that when it comes to guns but what about Clint Smith? He's a Vietnam Vet, been in a few gun rights and believes in using whatever you're good with when it comes to training, he does recommend that you should learn how to use multiple other guns just in case.

Attached: clint-smith-shotgun-thunder-ranch.jpg (1272x632, 407K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ijJVjTcmpXY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R5F_qF9gwZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=oOaHbXW3HAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He is a god amongst men.

wranglestar likes this guy

Wish he had a youtube channel 10 years ago. His mind has aged quite a bit and he really has a tendency to ramble. Still an entertaining guy whose knowledge and personality I respect

One of the few, if not the only, uncucked gun YouTubers.

Are his kids niggers? Is not, then he's already doing better than most guntubers.

this guy's a fucking riot!

youtube.com/watch?v=ijJVjTcmpXY

thanks for sharing OP. finally a good YT gun channel that's not constantly just shilling shit they got for free.

But is he still valid?

wranglerstar also likes money

Clint is awesome

I say he is. His classroom training which from what I have watched is that of "win and survive". I've taken a few of these courses and they briefly touch on these subjects, they mostly go into the legality/what the training will be like. If I could afford going to thunder ranch I would just to sit in for the classroom aspect. Plus what he did to this one guys shitty holster had me wheezing

It was just a joke in reference to this video: m.youtube.com/watch?v=R5F_qF9gwZ0

Oh gotcha

Cool boomer. One of the last remaining.

He rambles about random shit a bit, but reminds me of my great-grandpa who was Jow Forums as fuck, only passed 2 years ago.

Attached: 29258285_1666659236756056_5382123396827683097_n.jpg (960x686, 118K)

>He rambles about random shit a bit
Are we talking about Clint or pic related?

Attached: nutnfancy.png (224x249, 113K)

Did he delete that video of his rifle that's something retarded like a 20"bbl with carbine gas? I can't find it...

Clint is like a lot of the old guard of the gun training industry. He is an entertainer. Also like a lot of the old guard of the gun training industry what he teaches is not useful for 99% of people but it's a fun LARP if you have the money.

youtube.com/watch?v=oOaHbXW3HAc

Not the one I was thinking of. The vid was about his personal rifle and how he doesn't care what anyone thinks about how retarded it is because it works. Nice to see he doubled down and is trying to sell them though lol.

What do you mean not useful?

I mean a lot of the shit they teach has no use for someone who isn't employed in the business of carrying a gun for a living. The skills needed to survive your average defensive gun use are not the same as the skills needed to be a cop or a soldier but lots of people pay a lot of money to go LARP for a weekend like they will be kicking in doors, clearing houses and taking 1000y shots any day now. It's cool if that's your thing and you have the disposable income but it's as practically useful as the average person taking a weekend racing driver course.

I will always like Clint for one reason

>Oh, your husband hired you a bodyguard?
>If I was kidnapping you I'd shoot your bodyguard in the back, and when your husband decided that a new, younger, wife is cheaper than the ransom I'd slit your fucking throat
>Nobody is coming to save you but you

The type of person who needs armed guards for their family has an entirely different threat profile from you average dude. A metric shit ton of people do just fine defending themselves every year without needing to pay for training.

Before anyone gets their panties too much in a twist I'm not saying training is worthless just that it's not required to be able to adequately defend yourself from common threats the average person can reasonably expect to encounter.

I used to like Wranglerstar, but the way that he coldly brushes off his son and is so snobbish about everything while claiming to be this rugged homesteader got on my nerves. Also the fact that he claims to be Christ loving, yet only has one kid. I like his content related to axes, but that's because he's actually knowledgeable about the subject.

Applying your logic, if a regular Joe can adequately defend himself from most civilian situations, a trained Joe can invade China

Not by himself...but yeah you need a different skill set to do that than to survive a typical robbery at the local stop-n-rob.

You TOTALLY fucking missed my point, but whatever, go be a dumbass somewhere else.

>t. buy my expensive class I got kids to put through college

I'm sorry but do you understand the point of training is? Especially when it comes to having to use your gun. You don't know what situation you'll be in if you need to use your gun.

>You don't know what situation you'll be in if you need to use your gun.

Wow how much does training for every possible scenario imaginable cost? Can you do that in a weekend?

Some people have defended their lives successfully with little to no training (e.g. that girl who shot two home invaders with her competition skeet gun) but why would you not want to give yourself every advantage possible in a life or death scenario? No one is saying to take a class every weekend, but it can really give you a new perspective on how to train and maybe give you some piece of information that keeps you alive. Also, don’t shop at the local stop-n-rob lol, part of it is avoiding high crime areas to begin with if practical or possible.

Again, not my point

I'll give you a hint
>He instills self reliance and reality checks on people

I also like his "Fuck the other guy, fight to win" attitude

>This is not my weak hand! This is ny other strong hand!
>I will shoot until my attacker is no longer a threat! If my gun is empty I will take off a hubcap and beat a motherfucker to death with it!

I'm not saying that training has no value just that the cost/benefit analysis makes it useless for most people. And realize that if you are posting on Jow Forums you are not most people. Enthusiasts like us are already devoting more time and money into proficiency with firearms than the vast majority of gun owners so when I talk about "average joe" I'm not talking about you.

I'm talking about the fag that bought a gun for HD or CCW and goes shooting 3-4 times a year and puts 100 or so rounds through his gun and calls it good. That dude would benefit far more from spending his time and money at the range than dropping it on some class that wants to teach him how to fight like a marine.

>>He instills self reliance and reality checks on people

I'm sorry you didn't have a father user.

I had a step dad who taught me to shoot and fish, but a good fucking portion of my generation had pussy ass fags for dads and need a Clint in their lives

wranglerstar is like the cooking with jack of outdoors shit

the only reason to watch him is for luls and read the comments about what he's doing wrong in the vid and what a faggot LARPer he is

Well they're in luck bro! He'll be their daddy for the weekend for $2000!

People who think everyone needs professional training are the same as those who focus on gear instead of regular practice. It's more fun to buy shit and go to an entertaining class than to hit the range week in and week out, regular monotonous dry-fire at home etc...

>That dude would benefit far more from spending his time and money at the range than dropping it on some class
I strongly disagree with that. You need some good classes to make things right from the start. The money you save on a class will have to be spent double on ammo and range time.

unironically carries a 1911 sorry but ill take his stuff with a grain of salt. still a solid bloke though

You're still thinking about enthusiasts. I know I'm not getting this across well but I'll try again...

Anyone at a class like Clint's is already not your average gun owner. While he may offer some basic bitch class it's probably more a pre-req to getting into his other classes(prove you're not unsafe and make him another fee type shit) than it is him teaching people who are uber noobs. He is not in the business of teaching a complete novice how to hold a gun he is in the business of teaching people ALREADY invested in their firearms skills. I agree a complete novice definitely benefits from initial instruction in the basics but that's not who goes to a celebrity gun trainer.

It's possible to do both, a fact you faggots ignore every time the topic comes up

The 1911 isn't that bad of a design, most of my hate hits with a low magazine capacity compared to other platforms.

That being said, I have keen interest in buying a 2011 in 10mm just to have 17 round base mags with 23 round extended for ultimate precise annihilation. I like Glock, and prefer it over most items out there but I handle 1911-style firearms waaay better than most others.

The controls just feel natural. Wish the H9 came in something other than 9mm, otherwise that'd be a contender.

You miss his point when he talks about it. Its what he's good with and what he's comfortable using on a daily. He does own a Glock. So you can fuck off.

No jackass, maybe if you would take your head out your ass and maybe take a class or two you would know what goes on in them.

So he won't learn what his weaknesses are? What's he's not doing correctly? You're the one in need of these classes cunt

You're really shilling hard arnt you Marshall? Did your wife and her lover go out of town?

Eh, I get what you're saying, despite the sperg from others.

Yes, there is a populace of "gun owners" that neglect their training with their firearms due to overwhelming complacency, and it does define a large percent of gun owners. Cost investment, if they had to choose between one or the other regular training would be more beneficial in sustaining a perishable skill.

However, learning flexibility and engagement mechanics outside your normal situation only better arms you as a shooter with knowledge, so while it isn't as "pertinent" to this populace, it still doesn't hurt to get this type of training.

The confidence people get with this kind of stuff alone allows them to evolve as a shooter, and who knows, maybe that'll spur them to become more involved in the community.

Hop off his dick

2011s should not be relied upon to protect your life you dimwit

You sounds like congress. You got to pass the bill to see what's in it. lol

I'm not saying training has no benefits! All I'm saying is that someone invested enough to even be at one of these celebrity classes is already at a level far above the average gun owner and more than likely is already more than prepared for the average defensive gun use.

>t. you should have to pay me for classes before you can CCW pleb.

It's not rocket science bro. Solid fundamentals and some situational awareness don't require a weekend larping with the dad you never had. Anyone with enough desire to git gud will git gud especially in the information age. It's all out there for the taking for basically free at this point. Anyone who thinks he's gonna git gud by paying someone to tell him how many magazines he should own or "how I did it in the 'stan" is a larping faggot. And there's nothing wrong with being a larping faggot just be honest about it and don't tell me that shit is required to be proficient at self defense.

Why.

Agreed. If you’re that worried about protecting yourself, take a couple hours out of your week and practice drawing from concealment, getting sights on target and then dry firing your gun, over and over and over again. Being a little on edge when out in public and being able to draw your gat and get that first shot off safely and rapidly is a lot more important than anything you could learn at the range or in a class

Unreliable, even for a 1911. They’re game guns, nothing more.
Do a little bit of research and unfulortuney you’ll find most who own them experience problem after problem, much of which due to the magazines

Lol good one, I'm sure all your friends in highschool think you're cool

So if someone had a horrible form and everyone was telling them, and they decided maybe to take this class and fix it by someone with actual world experience that person is a larping fag. I bet three things right now, 1: you have zero experience with fighting in any situation, 2: you are a no guns cuck and 3: he would win in a fight against you. Go jerk off to Yankee Marshall while your wife fucks another man

Besides proper grip, reloading, better was to conceal carry your gun, different drills to stop multiple people, what would make for good cover, what to do in different scenarios. Yep those classes are useless.

>So if someone had a horrible form and everyone was telling them, and they decided maybe to take this class and fix it

If you're shooting enough to be around other shooters who are all telling you you're shit's all fucked up and you refuse to fix it and so you have to pay a couple of grand for some other dude to tell you the same shit then you're just a fucking idiot and no amount of training will help you.

Bleh, I've done a handful of it, it's finding a platform that doesn't feel like dogshit in a caliber I give a shit about what kills me. I'm pretty set on 10, it's getting a firearm that isn't plastic that's the problem. Rock Island makes a 1911A2 that's got great reviews but based on most 2011 mag issues that need tuning I wonder if it suffers from the same shit.

He pretty much invented S.W.A.T. and is supposedly the originator of any technique known as "the L.A. ---------" or "the California ------------- ". Techniques are quite solid and the foundation for flashier shit they're promoting these days. Heidi was probably a hottie in the 70s.
Clint is one of the real-deal instructors out there and ain't going to be around forever. I'd absorb what I could now if you're into that aspect of shooting.

What about those that thought they knew what they were doing and decided to take this class and find out they were doing it wrong.

This. Squeezing trigger is the only way to git gud. Spending money on anything other than ammo, parts and maybe access to a range if you can't do it at home is stupid.

People seem to forget that some people are smart enough to learn and figure out things on their own.

Attached: 1364007118621.png (382x597, 237K)

The 45 is 3 times the gun/cart. any effete euroweenie plastic POS will ever be, but you hafta to have strong wrists and the will to use it

You know what's a good check on bullshit from clint?
>Stop shooting fast and start shooting good
A lot of people would benefit from that advice

An average class is what $300-$500 depending on the instructor or the type of class? Is that really a big expense once a year or every few years just to see how your skills translate and maybe learn a new thing or two?

Sounds like my advice to new shooters. "Get a DA revolver and shoot DA only until you git gud". It makes you go slow at first and if your fundamentals are not on point you will miss big. Anyone that masters DA trigger will find other setups are easy mode.

>vacation time
>class
>travel
>accommodation
>food
>cool hat from the gift shop to show how pro you are at the range

You know it's going to cost double that once you include travel and ammo expenses. If you want to bump elbows with folks cool, but shooting $300-$500 worth of ammo is it's own training value.

It's current year and the information age. There's not really much to garner that you can't already watch or read about on the internet machine and practice for yourself. Sure, you might learn some tidbit here or there from grandpa or some other dude, but it's probably something a person with critical thinking skills and time on trigger would figure out anyway.

Shooting courses are good for a group of people that are a unit of some sort. Whether they be LEO, Mil or just friends. You can all get together and have big ol' team building exercise and get a good feel for where each other is at.

Attached: 1242752649602.jpg (750x600, 57K)

>competition skeet gun
>no training

I think the main draw of training is that not everyone has land to shoot on. Most people are used to flat ranges with lanes, classes let you move around or do things ranges frown on

I always figured learning to clear a house was one of the more practical things to learn since you'd be doing that if you ever thought someone may be in your house. Other than that I agree.

Clearing a structure solo is fucking stupid. I understand there can be situations where you have no choice(ie bump in the night, kids on the other side of the house or similar), but there's a reason the pros do it in teams with lots of training. Or frags. Frags are best. Anyone claiming they can teach you to safely clear a structure by yourself is full of shit.

>Only one kid
Wut? Havent watched his vids in awhile have you?