Best edc flashlight

money is no object
what is the most durable light on the market

surely it can't be this POS

Attached: SureFire-E2D-LED-Defender-ULTRA-High-Output-LED-Flashlight-1.jpg (500x500, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flashlights.parametrek.com/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cN2K7UhT6rk
streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/protac-1l-1aa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably a. Maglite

Attached: XEnFG.gif (441x500, 960K)

I use the thrunite tn12. Durable, bright, lots of settings, cheapish. I love it.

stupid dumbass faggot mother fucker i did ebay for like 2 seconds and found this $26 for 80,000 lumens NIGGER RETARD

Attached: 027A3934-A226-4E0F-82B6-259CD97F3CA5.jpg (1242x1740, 340K)

Armytek lights are spec'd well over the norm in terms of durability and have some of the highest lumen outputs for single cell 18650 flashlights. If all you are concerned about is durability, that would probably be your best bet. Surefires have been known to take extreme use too, but they fall way behind in terms of lm output compared to some of the newer light manufacturers. You really should consider other factors too though. Check this website out to search for lights based on some criteria you might also be looking for: flashlights.parametrek.com/index.html

Attached: 20180204_125712.jpg (4032x3024, 2.97M)

HDS Systems

People throw them at concrete walls and throw them off 3 story buildings and they come out fine. They're EMP proof too.

Attached: 2014-09-21-11.34.21-660x440.jpg (660x440, 47K)

Malkoff Devices makes top notch shit and theyre 100% US made, cannot be said about Surefire or Streamlight. Surefire is pretty good but I have had bad experiences with them.

>lumens is the only measure of quality in a light

Dumb nigger. Any fucker can put a 4,000 loomin LED in a light. What is the quality of the reflectors, durability, spill, throw, switchology, ergonomics you brainlet faggot.

A Surefire X300U with an advertised 500 lumens will do a better job at illuminating an object further away than a $3 Chinese keychain with ""3,000'' lumens

>edc
Streamlight stylus

>A Surefire X300U with an advertised 500 lumens will do a better job at illuminating an object further away than a $3 Chinese keychain with ""3,000'' lumens
Chinese shit is blatant false advertising first of all. Next, Surefire does need to step its lumens up to be relevant. 500 lumens does not get anyone's dick hard anymore. Hell, 10440 "aaa" sized lights can do that now. 18650 lights have been hitting 1000lm for years now, while Surefire is just getting there. Other companies are putting out single cell 18650 lights that do 2000+lm now. Acebeam's new L30 throws 4000lm with a 10700, not much bigger than the 18650. To me, that's the most impressive "tactical" light on the market right now. Truth is, Surefire can't compete with what new companies can offer if all someone wants is a bright light. You've got to keep defending them with things like "reliability" and "beam profile" if you want to make the argument that they're still relevant. Other companies are closing the gap on those too (if they have not already done so); soon Surefire won't have the edge in anything. To me, Surefire is not worth the money. Show me a Surefire that can do what my Klarus XT11GT does. You can't because they really don't have a competitive option for something like that, unfortunately... So that's just another example of Surefire falling behind in my book.

Attached: 15298171473571125199784.jpg (4032x3024, 3.76M)

>Streamlight stylus
you think that's the best if money is no object?

Depends what it is you're looking for. If you want the absolute brightest on the market get the Imalent DX80 (32,000lm) now, or wait until Acebeam releases their X80 (40,000lm). If you want something you can actually carry there are lots of options that have similar specs. It comes down to preference tbqh. You looking for something tactical? Go with an L30. Something with a bunch of modes? Zebralight sc600w mk iv plus or armytek prime. Lots of runtime and power? Thrunite TC-20. You've got to figure out what is is you're looking for before anyone can really say what's best for you.

>X80
*X70, my mistake

I like the Nightcore MT10C. It's small, fits right in your pocket with a clip that you can switch around if you want it up and down. Waterproof (I've tested it out by dropping it in a pool and letting it sit and no problems).

It has two buttons on the side by your thumb so you can step up the brightness of the light, I think up to 920 lumens the whole way down to "moonlight" mode. It has a red lightmode. What I like is that you can immediately jump to max brightness by holding the up button, or jump the whole way down to red-light by holding down the down button. It has a strobe function that you can get to by holding down both up and down buttons. I think strobe is a bit pointless, but it's there. The other two are SOS and a beacon that periodically flashes.

The downside is that the clip isn't super tight. It falls out of my pocket sometimes when I'm driving.

There's a Nightcore MT10a, but my buddy had one and dropped it and it broke. I drop my MT10c all the time and it doesn't break. Also, the MT10a is a bit larger, and can take a AA battery in a pinch, if you lose the regular rechargeable battery.

All in all, I think it's a pretty solid flashlight. I like that I can change the brightness. I like the tailcap button that you don't have to dedicate pushing to turn it on temperately. I like the waterproofness and the redlight. I just wish the clip was a bit tighter.

Attached: 61iKbwNNTmL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 20K)

Fenix PD35 TAC for close in work ie EDC. Works wonderfully when I am out in service.

I mostly just use my Fenix or Zebralight

I don't know about actual on body carry but I'm almost never more than 10 ft from a Surefire G2X.

250 lumens and retails for more than a $1 per lumen? No thanks.

>500 lumens does not get anyone's dick hard anymore.

yeah you're a dumbfuck, the point of actual tactical lights is to identify a target. If you go into a completely dark building with thousands of lumens bouncing off of evrything it will blind you, which completely defeats the purpose of the light. 300 to 500 lumens is the sweet spot where its bright enough to identify a target but not so bright as to negatively effect the user

lurk more you fucking child

the 3 light brands i trust my life to are maglight, streamlight, and surefire, in that order.

Ive never had a (properly maintained) D cell mag light fail on me, but they lack the output and they are huge and heavy. LED Minimags are great for carrying, they run off of standard easy to find AA batteries thay can be bought at any convenience store at 2 in the morning. I have more than a dozen different maglights.

Properly maintained means never leaving duracells in them as duracells will ALWAYS leak shit everywhere. Use energizers, preferably lithium. Minimags sometimes need some thread locker on the battery cover

surefires go on all the rifles and are good for carry, I have m900, 951 rifle lights as well as G2s, 6xps, etc. beem meaning to pick up a few scout lights too

streamlights go on all my railed handguns because they alway work and are as good as surefires but are 1/3 the price. I own something like 4 TLR series lights and have carryed a few Scorpions. Most streamlight products are made in PA

Ive had decent luck with Fenix, Ive had a tk11, tk15, HL50, and pd35. though the pd35 has an issue with the battery contacts and sometimes i have to shake it.

Ive also owned products from princeton tec, cat eyez, blackdiamond, bushnell, you name it

Avoid the ten of thousands of lumen beam cheap chick lights on amazon, they are lying about the lumens and the quality is trash.

I actually have Streamlight TLRs on both a Mossberg shockwave and my 300 blk AR pistol and they're running strong. Honestly, I was expecting them to get shaken to death fairly quickly and so far so good.

>If you go into a completely dark building with thousands of lumens bouncing off of evrything it will blind you
You need to take Surefire's cock out of your mouth, you collosal niggerfaggot. 500+lm will not "blind" you from normal use. Buy a good light and try it for yourself. I have good lights, so I can speak from experience when I tell you that marketing scheme is complete bullshit. If you wake up in the night and your eyes are completely dialated, even looking at your phone will be too bright if you left it adjusted for daytime. If you are coming out of the dark, your eyes are going to need a second to adjust no matter what light you're using. A normal lamp is brighter than most Surefire lights and I don't hear about people getting blinded by fucking lamps and household lighting. Why? Because your eyes adjust quick and the light is bouncing off everything. Blinding yourself is not a problem anywhere outside of their marketing. The only way your eyes aren't going to adjust is if you're looking right into the flashlight, which has more to do with lux (lm concentrat) than lumens themselves. That's why looking at a powerful laser's spot on the wall can permanently damage your vision while not being "bright" in the way a lightbulb will illuminate an entire room. When you shine a flashlight on a wall, you're diffusing all those lumens and your eyes will be able to adjust. The advantage to a flashlight over room lighting in a tactical scenario, is that you can blind your enemies and not yourself because lux varies while lumens remain constant, you stupid fuck.

You were more right in your first post when you said it's not all about lumens, but now I know you're just a Surefire shill who's spewing their marketing without a clue how any of this shit actually works. Pathetic.

Attached: 1506041250148.gif (2000x1153, 365K)

lumens ain't everything senpai

The Surefire Titan. If you want a cr123 battery, then you got more options like the Surefire defender or Elzetta. All the chink shit recommended is worthless and only good for the suburbs at best. Fenix, nightcore, Klarus, w/e chinkshit is just bad. Surefire and Elzetta CS are top tier and were always extremely quick and helpful getting me replacement parts. The two lights I carry around atm are a Titan plus and a 2 cell Elzetta sometimes in a pack.

If you want to play the lumen race you’re a child or ignorant. Companies like Surefire measure as true as you can get lumens. They measure their drop offs correctly too. Unlike ALL chink companies and especially Fenix. Fenix has been a little better lately with their initial lumen rating but their drop off is completely inaccurate and the actual usable battery life is often 25% of what they claim. Most recent light I messed with from them was the newest uc30. That was absolutely the case with that light. This ignores that anything past 300 lumens is already stupid bright. I was around when an 80 lumen bulb was thought to be crazy. Now these lights pushing 500+ lumens are just not needed. Seems people either just want big numbers to wank to or want a handheld search light.

>I was around when an 80 lumen bulb was thought to be crazy.
When was that? Mini mag came out in like 85, that was 100 lumen light and they had more brighter lights at not much bigger size.

Late 90s early 2000s. One of the surefires. The high brightness lamp assemblies from the early 90s weren't the best.

A fucking flashlight thats bright and fits in your pocket or something holy fuck you autistic operators "surefire flashlight" god damn just go to walmart or cabela's or someshit and get one that works jesus christ

> cheapish
Yep. I keep losing the damn things. Wish they made them in some color other than Tactical Ted black.

>be me
>buying the cheap china shit because for some reason flashlights are the one gear item I keep losing like no other

I have practiced clearing my house with a 500 lumen weapon light in total darkness and reflections off windows amd mirrors is an issue. It doesn't "blind" me, but I do notice my vision be affected after I get a flash of light in my eyes. I can certainly see how a 1000 lumen light would be too bright for indoor use.

It a depends on application. Just like there is no "best gun" there is also no "best light". If you arr going to be using it indoors at ranges under 20 yards I think 500 lumens is plenty and 300 lumens is sufficient. But if you want to illuminate things outside at far greater ranges then super bright lights make sense.

Zebralight SC62w been great the last 2 years.

Attached: Zebra Light sc62w (chandelier 2).jpg (2048x1536, 289K)

The Streamlight GT2s come in yellow. Pretty high vis.

I know you said money is no object, but I just buy Streamlight Polytecs and use the hundreds I saved to buy more batteries.

Stop buying batteries. Get a model that can use 18650 lithium. Buy a few name brand 18650 like Panasonic or Samsung. A single18650 can have more capacity than dual cr123.

>18650
Suburb spec batteries.

Mine is an Olight S2 Baton and I have no complaints, it'a perfectly adequate for everything I need it to do.

I think I'm going to swipe some of my wife's neon eyesore pink nail polish and hope it sticks to anodized aluminum.

Not the guy you’re asking, but I have one of the early Surefire 2 cell LEDs, I think it’s rated at 100 lumens. That was considered bright at the time...around 2000 or 2001 if I remember correctly.

Attached: 6E060A69-B01A-42E0-B2BB-96D100525FCD.jpg (4032x3024, 2.11M)

Worst case? Just neon orange rattle can the fucker.

Attached: 488-big.jpg (350x700, 27K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cN2K7UhT6rk

Remember never leave your basem- err FOB without your PHOTONIC BARRIER.

I'm a handyman and carry a Thrunite Archer 1A V3 which sees almost daily use. Great for clipping to my back pocket in case I need to look inside an access panel, look through a fusebox in a dark apartment, or work under a sink. I would get something nicer but it's meant to be expendable, and work supplies free alkaline batteries. Great single AA option; the 2A V3 takes 2 AAs and is even better if you have the extra room for it. I've owned both and they work great for me

Attached: Thrunite Archer 1AV3.jpg (500x500, 69K)

Carried by Seal Team 6 Operators:

streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/protac-1l-1aa

off of a edc thread here on Jow Forums, i got a streamlight stylus pro usb.
it is not the brightest at 100 lumens but i work in basements and it gets the job done.
it has been immune to drops and being stepped on and is light enough i can hold it on something indefinitely without my arms getting tired.
the only downside is the usb charging port will eventually break, but that was after a year and a half of daily charging.

Attached: 66134_34_web.jpg (400x400, 48K)

>streamlight stylus
If it's the comfiest to carry, it's the best edc light on the market.
All these goons posting chode-shaped lights probably purchased based on just the numbers, not user experience

Is this pasta wtf 700 words about nothing

whoops, seems like i misspoke, the USB stylus Pro has been upgraded to 250 lumens on a high setting.

It might not be for everyone but I find these Surefire G2X lights to be surprisingly convenient. I've got like 4 of the bastards and while I don't carry one all the time, they're easily pocket sized.

Attached: 597602_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 61K)

Never fucking change Jow Forums, holy fuck my sides. This is what this board is about, some old honest to goodness arguing and bantz.

When you think quality, think

GARBERIEL

Attached: 1529216133206.png (249x254, 81K)

>This is what this board is about, some old honest to goodness arguing and bantz

(between a bunch of tards who don't know how to use turbo mode on tape switches)

Attached: 1527889251804.png (262x251, 51K)

Olight M1X Striker has served me well for a long time

don't get anything from vizeri. 2-3 years ago they more or less dominated the first page or two of amazon's 'led flashlight' 'tactical flashlight' search results and now I can't find anything from that company for the first 10 pages of the results for either search. which doesn't surprise me, cause even though the one I got had the look and feel and weight of quality it stopped working the first time I dropped - not flung or threw - mine upon the vinyl floor of my apt. after that I had to shake or tilt it just so for it to work

tried stretching the battery spring and buffing the contact points, but no dice. beyond that there didn't appear to be any user serviceable components