Dirlewanger Brigade

What happened to the soldiers of the 36th Waffen Grenadier Division? Has there ever been a German veteran who has admitted serving in that unit?

Could the soldiers been held liable in a court since they were drawn from prisons, camps and mental houses?

Attached: 9c581909-73da-4014-9155-ab2203e631e5.jpg (1449x1024, 434K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Tigers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/36th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Wieluń
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shameful bump

They shut the fuck up about it so they don’t have to go back to prison.

Large numbers enlisted in French Foreign Legion under false names, then served in Indo-china and Algeria.
It was considered a better option than risking execution as war criminals...

There will be plenty of groups like that in upcoming civil wars in Europe/South Africa/West in general. Old Oscar will be looking from up there, smiling with his creepy uncle smile.

Attached: 1529708066252.jpg (472x472, 27K)

Skinnyboi

Attached: boi.jpg (209x241, 9K)

I don't know about the 36th but a lot of the SS units recruited from occupied countries ended up in Berlin at the end and were pretty much wiped out fighting to the last man. Going home meant prison or a noose so they had nothing to lose. It's part of the reason Berlin was such a bloodbath for the Soviets.

That makes sense.

>What happened to the soldiers of the 36th Waffen Grenadier Division?
they're on Jow Forums commiting meme crimes.

They were mainly executed by Polish partisans after trying to surrender

That was French Waffen SS, not dirlewankers. They told them they could go to Indochina instead of rotting in jail, and the army denied it later on.

Imagine two homosexual Dirlewanger Brigade soldiers committing war crimes and then sneaking to a secluded place to for snuggling and kisses.

I mean, the Mossad recruited Otto Skorzeny so I guess it's possible that a few other SS members (not just Dirlewanger but it's possible) would've wound up there.

But Otto had actual skills, and was basically war crime free in the end of it all. He wrote the first chapter of the book that is the modern Special Operations ninja game and Allied soldiers came to his defense at his trial to basically say "Being an impossible to pin down and kill asshole isn't a war crime. What he did that could be construed as a war crime shouldn't be because OSS/SAS/Rangers/MI did the same shit." He had an eminent understanding of tactics, generated novel methods, and commanded truly elite soldiers; some of the very few in the Waffen-SS which were largely poorly trained political loyalists with shitty equipment that the Wehrmacht didn't respect, let alone support or endorse. They had a terrible combat record and were regarded as pretty useless by actual battlefield commanders.

Conversely, the 36th was a disorganized rabble of undisciplined flotsam that were recruited because they would reliably preform Statzgrupen stuff in exchange for the promise that they could be degenerates after the fact. Outside of that, they existed as literal bullet sponges, soldiers that existed to do nothing but force enemy crewserved teams to expend preciously fleeting ammunition in the twilight of the war. There were times when they suffered literal >300% casualties against ghetto militias built of starving Poles, Gypsies and Jews, and routed every time they encountered resistance, let alone organized resistance. When they were pressed into front line action, they were even more atrocious.

The 36th was a fucking joke, even for the Waffen-SS, and that's saying something.

>be Nazi Germany in 1940
>create combat outfit composed of thugs and criminals "convicted of major crimes such as premeditated murder, rape, arson and burglary"
>"terrifying rabble" of "cut-throats, renegades, sadistic morons, and cashiered rejects from other units"
>unit turns out to be an almost comical band of fuckups who were kicked out of every major field command they were assigned to and whose most noteworthy achievement was sadism and brutality that appalled even the most notorious architects of the Holocaust

>be Louisiana in 1861
>create combat outfit composed of “the lowest scum of the lower Mississippi...adventurous wharf rats, thieves, and outcasts...and bad characters generally”
> the worst men I ever saw…. I understand that they are mostly wharf rats from New Orleans, and Major Wheat is the only man who can do anything with them. They were constantly fighting with each other. They were always ready to fight, and it made little difference to them who they fought.”
>unit turns out to be one of the best in the Confederate Army, earning a legendary reputation for being utterly fearless and hard-fighting, becoming the Army of Northern Virginia's premiere shock troops alongside the Texas and Stonewall Brigades

Where did we get it so right where the Krauts got it so wrong?

Did they fear the Southern Warrior?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Tigers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/36th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS

Bonus question: What would happen if a nine month pregnant Anne Frank mysteriously teleported into the middle of a Confederate Army camp of Louisiana Tigers?

Would they be courtly Southern gentlemen and take her to meet General Lee? Sing Bonnie Blue flag and Rose of Alabamy by the campfire with her? Share their sweet tea and hardtacks with her? Teach her to do the Rebel Yell?

Attached: meme.png (1623x1115, 2.71M)

I thought this was confirmed bullshit.

>What happened to the soldiers of the 36th Waffen Grenadier Division? Has there ever been a German veteran who has admitted serving in that unit?
The went and died in Stalins Gulags like 80% of the German Soldiers. Then all the American Liberators went and died in Korea.

Dirlewanger sounds like the kind of person any guy in his right mind would slowly love to murder in a sadistic manner with a cheap shiv.

>unit turns out to be one of the best in the Confederate Army
That simply indicates how shitty the Confederate army was.

Krauts originally had the decent idea of making the unit out of "honorable poachers", people who didn't commit a serious crime while having excellent outdoors skills, it was later on in the war when they started recruiting rapists, murderers etc. It's noteworthy that Dirlewanger himself was fired from the party and stripped of his rank before the war for statutory rape.

Dirlewangers in FFL: bullshit
33rd SS in FFL: real but denied officially

>You will never snuggle with your blood-soaked Dirlewanger waifu after she massacred a local village
Why live?

Attached: Dirlewanger Brigade Waifu.png (1414x2000, 2.39M)

They didn't just kill they would tourtore people they found a girl raped hung up and gutted it wasn't a pretty sight. Also most where drunk uncoordinated. The other commanders of the army hated them some would even fire on them

Stop, dude. I was already sold at just the killing part!

t. degenerate pedo

It never ceases to amaze me how people forget war time involves murdering people
The evil Nazis killed people in the war!! They gassed 6 trillion innocent people who just happened to be hostile to the country and refused to leave even if paid to do so!!
Fucking SHOCKING
What about how the japanese race were locked up in america? Or how they firebombed thousands of innocent people just going about their daily lives?
What about Churchill making the first night bombing raids on civilian targets? Hitler took both Poland and France without night bombings or attacking city centres, he only started bombing Britain after the Brits did it first.
Oh but dont pay any attention to that, it was necessary to stop the evil Hitler and his brainwashed Nazi zombies!!1

Dirlewang gang

History paints them as evil because they committed the ultimate transgression:

they knew how to fix their problems.

Attached: 1497182624614.jpg (600x480, 71K)

Attached: doitagainharris.jpg (850x400, 100K)

Goddamn those numbers.

Everyone is a bad guy in war. We already know this. The fact is, the Nazis were the most bad. They tried their damndest to be literal cartoon villains. There is an objective difference between imprisoning a shitload of Japanese people until the end of a war and building camps to execute people. If you can't see that difference, you're retarded.

Attached: 1529919540156[1].png (590x525, 232K)

>the Nazis were the most bad
Umm... no sweetie. That distinction belongs to Japan.

Well...the japs did rape and murder an entire city so we didn't want to take any chances.

why did someone draw this pic and why did i saved it?

No it doesn't. Scale matters.

Also,
>sweetie
What is wrong with you?

>Scale matters
So, Japan.

Devil's Guard is fiction, not history....

Attached: 17825236.jpg (282x475, 109K)

No japan never committed any atrocities at arr

>No it doesn't. Scale matters
Japan spent the entire war (and previous to it) committing war crimes on a mass scale at every opportunity available. Are you high?

Attached: 1455729531814.png (900x900, 72K)

>They gassed 6 trillion innocent people who just happened to be hostile to the country and refused to leave even if paid to do so!!
Fucking SHOCKING

are you a genuine retard? like an actual imbecile? only about 500,000 Germans died in the Holocaust, the vast majority of victims were from countries that Germany invaded.
It's hilarious how you classify German Jews as 'hostile to the country' but then say that civilians in a country you are engaged in total war with are 'innocent people just going about their daily lives', it's such an obvious tell.

>Hitler took both Poland and France without night bombings or attacking city centres.

Literally the first act of world war two was a Ju-87 dropping a bomb on a marked Polish hospital lmao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Wieluń

In France the Luftwaffe notoriously bombed and strafed French and Belgian civilian refugee columns to clog up roads.

The Luftwaffe campaigns in both countries were far from 'clean' and i would argue that they technically committed more actual war crimes in both of these invasions than the RAF did during the whole war

Attached: (Sie).jpg (269x187, 8K)

Read a book dude. The Chinese-Japanese campaign is dwarfed in comparison to the Eastern Front.

Do you know what scale means? It doesn't mean length of time.

The Germans committed a greater number of atrocities against a greater number of people, period...period.

The Japanese used biological warfare to infect entire Chinese cities, and also were more than happy to slaughter the inhabitants by more manual means such as bayonets. Not to mention the systematic torture, forced labor, and killing of war captives. The Japanese were also prone to shooting Allied pilots after they had bailed out. Unit 731 as a final note.

checced

Attached: 9a4.jpg (294x273, 12K)

Communist and gaijin propaganda

Because a girl who loves warcrimes is bound to be kinky.

ummm sweetie, why dont you want people to say sweetie, sweetie?

Okay, Tojo.

Attached: 1384565697662.jpg (512x600, 80K)

Faggot, SCALE matters. Not the events you remember about the war. Basically this:

DO IT AGAIN.

Whats that with Jow Forums's fascination for obscure units full of war criminals and general shitting on human rights?

Issit edge?

honestly i think its not edge, we just like things that are out of the ordinary

wrong , you silly menstruating woman

You cant see the difference between a hostile civilian population within your own borders and a hostile civilian population halfway across the world in a completely different country who pose literally zero threat to you?
Because most of the jews were from Poland that somehow changed anything? Poland was under German occupation for 5 years, the people rounded up into camps were all enemies of the state
Whats the alternative, let them just walk around unchecked? During the most brutal war in human history? Give me a break
And wow man, you're telling me a botched air raid on a town that killed a hundred people is comparable to burning tens of thousands of people to death under cover of darkness?
>the luftwaffe campaigns in both countries were far from 'clean'
Who are you quoting? I never said they were clean
I clearly said war involves murdering people
But it was never some retarded diabolical scheme of Hitler to bomb the fuck out of everyone for the sake of it
The first night raids were carried out by the Brits against Germany
In fact he made an excessively long speech about how frustrated he was to have to retaliate against the British for the night raids
It was the stated intention of the British RAF to kill German civs, completely unashamed of it
They "deserved it"
You're saying that reducing entire cities to rubble is excused because the German Luftwaffe bombed a town in poland due and some roads in France

Attached: Capture+_2018-06-25-20-50-32.png (714x892, 187K)

>human rights
Lol

>the Waffen-SS which were largely poorly trained political loyalists with shitty equipment that the Wehrmacht didn't respect
Just because you don't like wehraboos does not mean you have to go in the opposite direction too far. The waffen SS was a mixed bunch of units, some were high quality, some less so, many were foreign "volunteer" units, so on. Furthermore, many units started out as battalion size formations that grew to be divisions or corps over the war. The quality and ethnic/social origin of the men and officers varied unit by unit and over time. You can't just make a sweeping statement like that, it makes you look retarded.

The "wehrmacht thought waffen ss were incompetent" is just another "wehrmacht dindu nuffin" meme like "only the SS shot civvies" or "Hitler's stupid mistakes lost the war.

Not everybody is a stupid plebbitor like you who can't stop virtue signalling even in an anonymous environment. It's interesting, and we're gonna talk about it. Fuck off.
>human rights
Nice buzzword.

You have to be human to get human rights user

Checked. Get fucked ratzis

It’s edge.

Why was Germany bombing London all the way back in 40/41? I guess England was actually within German borders at the time.
Why did Germany firebomb Rotterdam after the Netherlands had signed a cease-fire?
Wehraboos are insufferable.

You have to be at least 18 to post here.

>enemies of the state
Oh yeah, I'm sure kowalski the florist or that babushka making vodka in bumfuck nowhere slavland are a massive threat to the German state
The irony in this post is palpable

are you a boomer or just a spiritual boomer

How new are you?

Are you genuinely retarded? Churchill only bombed Berlin because of a German bombing raid that got lost and bombed London instead of an airfield. And I think you’re forgetting about the bombing of Olso in the invasion of Norway.

Ha ha do it again bomber harris

Attached: 2dKrinK.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Brilliant stuff chaps

Attached: 1405016782722.jpg (662x408, 56K)

A hilarious meme

Attached: c4a.jpg (860x360, 90K)

Dresden was ok because people I don't like call it a war crime

Attached: 325px-Antideutsch.gif (325x223, 20K)

Tfw no anarcho gf

>the Mossad recruited Otto Skorzeny
>But Otto had actual skills, and was basically war crime free in the end of it all. He wrote the first chapter of the book that is the modern Special Operations ninja game

Most things known about Skorzeny are absolute bullshit he peddled himself after the war, to make himself look better.
Even his greatest achievement, the rescue of Mussolini, wasn't his, he was only a spectator on the raid and later embellished hos role massively

Wehraboos absolutely SEETHING after finding out their heroes are fucking hypocrites.
This is a red-blooded American board, no Nazi sympathisers allowed.

>This is a red-blooded American board, no Nazi sympathisers allowed

Attached: 1519429149297.png (640x550, 235K)

Imagine being this cucked. I thought it was all a meme but when I was in Jena a few years ago I saw a sticker on a lamppost with a bomber silhouette and something along the lines of "you didn't do enough, bomber Harris" in German

>Naziboo accusing others of being goblins
>in a thread featuring photographs of Dirklewanger and Himmler
lmao

Americans hate commies more than germans. Hell 1/4 of you fuckers posting on here ARE german. Any country that went out of its way to kill reds is fine in my book. Id rather side with germany over russian any day. Also this is Jow Forums, we used to have german military threads on the daily until you faggots from reddit showed up around 2012 spouting your wehraboo this wehraboo that. You people are 10x worse that any wehraboo. Get fucked red. also i know youre gonna respond calling me a wehraboo, go ahead. keep posting your bullshit thinking its making anyone mad.

>when youre so cucked you post antifa

Attached: betterdeadthanred.jpg (499x768, 87K)

Thank you based Hikikomori avenger.

Attached: rare hikkykostaja.jpg (549x440, 53K)

>this is what the average sweetie poster looks like
lol

Attached: 1510066221491.png (736x951, 395K)

>of you fuckers
You're not talking to a red blooded American, dumbass, you're talking to an antifaggot goon who is likely either a bong or an ozzie. Stop being so easy to bait.

i dont think its bait. these people legit believe that shit. just like they think we're literal nazis.

Whoever wins, writes the history. (as long as there is nothing derogatory about jews)

rotterdam was held by resisting soldiers. industry was open to bombardment but, after the british august raid on berlin then london was generally bombed.
snotty faggot

>Issit edge?

You answered your own question

Only nugget if truth there is is that there was indeed alot of germans in FFL but there is a lot of bullshit about it.

That isn't true and hasn't been true for over a century. Sure, Romans completely leveled Carthage and the only surviving records say that Carthage deserved it. But the modern era leaves a hell of a lot more documentation of what actually happened from both sides.

There were plenty of ex-SS soldiers as volunteers to the Legion, no matter as much French state loves to say otherwise. They are lying. Similarly as why today is LÉ full of neonazi Slavs.

That fucking neck.

Attached: skeltal.jpg (600x600, 27K)

>this was the man in charge of killing “subhumans”

I guess you needed to be one to kill them

Way to out yourself as an absolute newfag, this board has always been all about Soviet milsurp and Combloc aesthetics.

I'm not denying that, but there were also countless german miltiary threads. They exist together. Were actually some great threads, its where i got most of ww2 pictures. Now you can't make those threads without antifa fags going nuts. Jow Forums used to be a great place to discuss history and it was relatively free of politics. 2007-09 were great years for Jow Forums. It's been shit since around 2012.

A lot of nazis became mercenaries and joined foreign militaries to escape prosecution, prison and death.
Especially south american countries are famous for hiring in nazis in their ranks.

>Poland was under German occupation for 5 years, the people rounded up into camps were all enemies of the state
Whats the alternative, let them just walk around unchecked?

So Germany was justified in killing 10% of the Polish population because Germany invaded Poland, sound argument.

>And wow man, you're telling me a botched air raid on a town that killed a hundred people is comparable to burning tens of thousands of people to death under cover of darkness?

It was not botched at all, the Luftwaffe deliberately targeted hospitals during the invasion, it got so bad that they had to move them into unmarked buildings for protection.
And yes, they aren't comparable, the former is a war crime the latter is not.

>The first night raids were carried out by the Brits against Germany

Germany actually struck French cities before the first British raids inside Germany

>In fact he made an excessively long speech about how frustrated he was to have to retaliate against the British for the night raids

I think you are confusing the first raids on Germany with the first raids on Berlin.
This handwringing by Hitler was total bullshit since the Luftwaffe was already planning a mass raid on London to create refugees during operation sealion and because Germany had just bombed London, albeit accidentally on their way to do night raids on smaller towns.

It's also worth noting that the French were actually the first to raid Berlin in a Doolittle style raid, a full two months before the first British raid

>You're saying that reducing entire cities to rubble is excused because the German Luftwaffe bombed a town in poland due and some roads in France

no? It's justified because Germany started a war of genocidal expansion and strategic bombing effectively reduced their ability to wage that war.

Attached: Generalplan ost.png (434x333, 29K)

There was no resistance in Rotterdam, what few AA guns were left had been moved to The Hague.
>Germs level defenseless Rotterdam
>Britain decides to also escalate up to general bombing in retaliation
>the eternal Hun gets mad, decides this is somehow Britain's fault
Ok

>and general shitting on human rights?
^ found the soiboi social justice warrior. Public education system folks, staffed by union teachers.

Yes. LÉ composition usually reflects state of the world. After the war German language was dominant through LÉ and since that time there are plenty of marching songs; like La Légion marche vers le front, J’avais un camarade and others. It's such a stupid meme from French gov. that they "totally disagree" with much obvious fact.

There were ex-SS NCOs and other officier staff to the late 80s.

yep, the bombers flew at 700m when they Bombed Rotterdam

Not the Germany of today. Thanks to merkel and liberals like her, Germany is a mere shadow of her former self.