Semi Automatic Pistol Caliber Tier List

Posted this inside a couple of threads recently, but now I think it's ready for the big time.

Modern, prolific, AUTO pistol caliber tier list (each caliber evaluated based on its merits in doing the job it's most suited for, also, every conceivable factor except in-store availability and price is considered in this list):

DISCLAIMER. No caliber on this list should be considered worthless or ineffective based on its tier.

>Tier 1
9x19mm, .357 SIG, 10mm Auto

>Tier 2
.22 LR, .380 ACP, 5.7x28mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP

>Tier 3
.25 ACP, .32 ACP, 9x18mm Makarov, .38 Super, .50 AE

Looking for suggestions of additions/changes and the reasoning behind them

Attached: federal-hst.jpg (1024x768, 237K)

Great list nogunz.

ok

Attached: 1376896416267.gif (320x240, 412K)

Move 9mm to teir 2 and you're pretty much on.

.22 ranks above .25 in a list that doesn't take availability or price into consideration?

Are you dumb or something?

tier based on what?

Because of the plethora of good guns and different types of guns chambered in it. Options are much more limited for .25

>"based on its merits in doing the job it's most suited for, also, every conceivable factor except in-store availability and price is considered in this list"

Baby Browning is the only option you need

>.22lr
>.380
>somehow better than makarov
>somehow better than .38 super
>somehow better than .50 ae
this is the dumbest list I've ever seen anyone post on this Tibetan rock garden virtual gathering.

I guess if we're taking into consideration what pistols are available, there are tons of great .380s and no such thing as a good Mak.

this is the 3rd day in a row you've posted this
why don't you just buy a gun in any caliber before you try to figure this stuff out

Attached: 1518756320545.jpg (960x960, 165K)

i would like to hear your reasoning behind your list.

Attached: 2017-03-23 16.57.12.jpg (3264x1836, 1.63M)

>no .357 magnum

Attached: 1438221225926.jpg (707x500, 85K)

>Meanwhile, at Johnny's A Street market
Their beef is fresh as fuck famalamashiggydigyshuwopshuwop.

My spin
1st for EDC pistol : 9mm luger, 10mm, .357sig, .357 magnum, 9mm mak, .38 special, .380, .22

How's that hold up?

>Calibres with reasonable use cases
Your tier 1, .22, .380, 5.7
>Calibres that are historical remnants
All the rest except
>Calibres that were pure bollocks from the start
.50 AE

Second
For open carry pistol: 10mm, .460 Rowland, .44 magnum, .357 magnum, 410 federal handgun judge exclusively round specifically, .454 casull, and .45acp for suppression only.

Get a load of this faggot, should hook up with OP

>How's that hold up?
Sounds like a meme list that wouldn't have made sense 20 years ago. Did you just start getting into firearms recently?

This but reversed. At least for maks they're cool for their historical value. Unless you get an older .380 for the same reason, the caliber's been made obsolete by subcompact 9mms.

Nah.
9mm is King for semi auto, you have penetration, capacity, easy follow up, ergonomics because you have to be a manlet to be able to grip a 9mm, and from this point forward it should be understood all calibers listed are effective at stopping Jamal.

The rest just depreciate in my personal opinion as options due to the aforementioned reasons. It's either not as easy for follow ups, over or under penetrates, or isn't as effective at stoping that faggot Jamal.

Why is that nigger not dead yet? How many times has he been shot over the years? How many times has somebody on Jow Forums stopped Jamal?

>job it's most suited for
That would be a tiny pocket pistol you can carry anywhere
>Baby Browning is the only option you need
mostly this, but while the Seecamp is really wasted in .25, it does offer a DAO option for those who prefer that.

>Seecamp
>.380 the size of a Baby Browning
>made obsolete by subcompact 9mm
I would say rather it's obsoleted by .32 NAA, but unfortunately I doubt Seecamp will ever adopt that, and NAA Guardians, while not immensely bigger, are substantially heavier.

Do you talk like this in real life? I have a hard time believing someone can sound as stupid as you. Do your friends keep you around to park in those primo handicap spaces or something?

Makarov 9x18 ammo performs marginally better than .380acp. Your list is dumb and you're dumb.

You attempt to troll hard. Yet your attempt is meet with contempt. I am ready to do literary battle should you see fit. Your lack of contribution is only matched by your lack of confidence.