Just got a 500 smith and wesson magnum, what ammo / mods should I get for it?

Just got a 500 smith and wesson magnum, what ammo / mods should I get for it?

Attached: 1771.jpg (480x640, 52K)

>mods
Just shoot it

Just shoot it a few times and sell it afterwards like everybody who ever owned one.

Health insurance

an ambulance on speed dial for when you attempt to shoot It one handed and snap those limp wrists of yours breaking your nose In the process.

I have an erection.

the only thing you should get is a psychologist to find out why you're so fucking stupid

A friend. If you didn't have anyone around to talk you out of it, you won't have anyone around to call 911 you injure yourself with it.

All these faggots.

OP, shoot it until it explodes like the one battlefield vegas had.

Youre going to hate shooting it and then tell everyone you love to shoot it because you wont admit you wasted your money.

Do you think if you hung a pair of truck nuts off the front of this thing it might be more shootable?

And it would actually fit the aesthetic pretty perfectly.

A shoulder holster. Carry it under a suit jacket and blow away some hoods robbing a coffee shop.

There's already a tactical version of truck nuts

Attached: bafaf7ea009ad20733ea9b8705e3cd5ed8a83e5cc7303adc6e611997cba52596.jpg (750x670, 92K)

If u want to come to nevada I'll let you shoot it

Attached: 675.jpg (1000x800, 301K)

Body mods to handle the kick

To all the limp wrist limp dicks in this thread. 500 s&w isn't nearly as bad as YouTube fairies make it out to be

Probably a gym membership to prevent limp-wristing

Get a fuck huge ventilated compensator and reload your rounds to be as hot as they can go

Make sure to buy some of those handloads from that strange fucker at the gun show that only sells homemade ammo.

Attached: thewildgeese.jpg (1000x756, 394K)

Isn't that the kind of stuff you should think about before you get the gun? I mean, if you know what you're going to be doing with it then you should know what to get and since you didn't say what you'll be doing with it I don't see how you expect people to advise you in any meaningful way.

Attached: 1515398014604.png (240x320, 5K)

A shoulder stock.

The 500s are not that bad to shoot, but some padded shooters gloves will go a long way.

There is no need for any particular modifications but a lock delete plug might be appropriate for a heavy recoiling gun.

The 500s actually have excellent triggers and a very wide face on the trigger shoe, so the effort of the pull is very low. They are very easy guns to shoot well until the cumulative recoil makes you begin flinching.

Cheaper ammo like HSM is lighter recoiling. Obviously reloads are the best and there is no point in always shooting full power loads out of it. The 500 shoots very well with a wide range of bullet weights. My favorite is a 440 gr scaled up version of the h&g503.

If you reload the Lee 500 caliber muzzleloader REAL mold is actually an excellent choice for accuracy, as are the minie bullet molds. Even with very light loads you can put out more force than a 44.

They're fun to shoot but without being a reloader you might as well sell it. If you are a reloader, you unironically bought one of the best things modern s&w makes in terms of accuracy and build quality.

but no rails on op's revolver

Attached: 1508178754232.png (852x854, 1.14M)

Where did this meme come from

I had no problem shooting it one handed. It felt like a slightly stronger .44 revolver does.

This is correct.

Its the jackass effect.

When you get hit in the nuts you better roll around on the ground screaming an crying because it looks better for the camera.

I think I'm going to buy these

Fpbp

But getting sack tapped hurts

Alright lads, I'm ordering some 700 grain wadcutters. Any ideas for interesting targets to use em on?

Attached: 700-grain-lead-flat-nose-bullet-for-the-500-sw-magnum-silvercore-firearms-training-bc-1 (1).jpg (800x451, 60K)

Attached: 700bullet (1).jpg (250x187, 42K)

Milk jugs, 2 liters, melons, the works. All that frontal area gives you a satisfying impact.

Here's my 700gr mold (545 with hollow point pins)

Attached: 20180228_122352.jpg (2160x2160, 1.56M)

Where can I get those molds?

niggers.

Mp-molds.com or join the group buys on castboolits.

Why do they have the "cross-checkering" on the mating face.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Vent lines

How much do hollowpoint 700 grain wadcutters weigh? What's the expansion like?

700gr?

I literally said in the post you quoted that they are 545 gr with the hollowpoint pins

With those ultradeep pins they fragment with heavy loads, the hp is over an inch deep.

Oh I'm retarded. 545. Still, how's the expansion.

Attached: 1327620699533.gif (500x215, 141K)

Attached: 1529939950082.jpg (629x782, 81K)