Is the NYPD, the premier, and most prestigious police force in the united states?

Is the NYPD, the premier, and most prestigious police force in the united states?

Attached: nypd_logo.jpg (835x1068, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/49kgG0s7lVk
youtube.com/watch?v=Vau__bezmn0
youtube.com/watch?v=tAofl8vbqYo
youtube.com/watch?v=V0EMu2I_yoM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What makes you think that? Was it all the bystanders they hit?

No. Overhyped meme tier at best.

There are so many TV shows and action movies featuring them. It also seems that they are the largest, probably best funded trained and quipped PD in the western world

>here are so many TV shows and action movies featuring them
Because there's a lot of capital and writers in New York City which makes script writers both familiar with it and able to raise funds. Beyond this, the city is large and has iconic land marks, making it good for filming. It has nothing to do with the prestige of the NYPD.

>probably best funded trained and quipped PD in the western world
Got some bad news for you bud.

>12lb triggers
>no more baby blue uniform shirts
kek no
CPD>NYPD

Attached: Faggot squad.jpg (992x558, 84K)

It's better than anything in California.

Attached: Boardroom_Suggestion_Icon.jpg (600x493, 29K)

Wasnt CPD caught running a literal blacksite a couple of years ago?

Yes

Tyrone should have necked the department to the last man.

>NYPD has an international branch
>there are NYPD officers """"deployed"""" in different countries
literally why

>falling for this meme

Pfft, what state doesn't do that?

>This isn't bait.

Jesus, what a paranoid state.

>implying Tyrone wasnt in on it to sell out Jose, his competition
CPD is just as corrupt as the rest of this damn city.

NYPD has like 5 or so entirely seperate SWAT divisions too. 9/11 didnt just hit them in the literal sense. It changed their whole damn mindset.

why did you, use, so many, commas?

I'm so sorry user.

That's basically allowing the terrorists to win, just living in fear of everything at all times.

Welcome to the future user.
Dont be, I fled to the burbs a couple of years ago. Life is good, though there is talk of the city annexing all the suburbs (like what Dallas did) because the city is hemorrhaging population. We are close to being classified as a megacity (9.5 mil metro pop, 10mil qualifies) and they really want that. They think that annexing the suburbs will attract more people to the metro area for
...reasons? So they talk about this instead of, you know, fixing the problems that are making people leave. sorry, /rant

More like in the world, you can talk all shit you want about nyc but the NYPD really does its job well.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (332x443, 48K)

>he believes the (((news)))
kek it wasn't a black site although that does sound sexier in the papers.

sure is

youtu.be/49kgG0s7lVk

>but the NYPD really does its job well.
You're right user. Here's an example of said doing their job really well.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vau__bezmn0

i guess your job as a cop is easier in an area where you arent accountable for anything and dont operate in accordance with the constitution

Attached: 1419524184688.jpg (500x710, 26K)

Boo hoo. Christ I miss those old squads. The new ones suck.

>One particular case makes all of it bad

I could talk about how the broken windows theory reduced drastically the crime rate but I'll just assume you're a retarded faggot.

confirm CPD is run by white niggers

>megacity
Oh boy

Attached: 4DAE4F7D-FF44-432A-99A1-C8F6BFFEEA40.jpg (700x394, 37K)

Not that kind, that would be dope tho. Its based on metro area population and you can qualify for more federal gibs if you reach that population figure. Its why they want to hit that 10mil figure so badly.

>crime rates across entire US and most large cities dropped dramatically, including many cities that didn't adopt the broken windows theory
>NYC CRIME DROP MUST BE DUE TO BROKEN WINDOWS THEORY

fuck off giuliani

You don't know half the you're saying do you ?
In liberal cities officers are more screwed on by the media than anywhere else, and if you wanna talk about constitucion it's not followed in the entire country, some just less than others.

Attached: images.png (361x408, 8K)

Stay triggered bitch. Go back to Boys Town.

The Pennsylvania State Police are

So does underreporting crime and getting paid off by the criminals. I hear the NYPD is a huge fan of both.

>stop and frisk checkpoints in NY, media and libshits actually complained when it was ruled unconstitutional

Attached: 1425426274843.gif (250x187, 1.98M)

>muh broken windows
Great. Next you're gonna drone on about stop and frisk, right?

That makes the CPD even more awesome.

Seriously I don't think any of you shitbags. Understand what most NYPD officers go through on a daily basis. They work one of the hardest jobs, in one of America's toughest cities. I'd like to see you pussy fuckers have to keep justice and order in a place like Harlem

Yeah I'm sure the crime rates dropped because criminals were paying attention to the statistics and wanted to follow along.

The broken windows theory is used by most police departements in the country as a doctrine for law enforcement.

>keep justice and order in a place like Harlem
>Harlem
kek now I know you're not from the city. Harlem is now all yuppies and faggots like you living there. This isn't the 90's anymore.

Attached: anon crying.gif (320x240, 1.96M)

You're no better than a pinko commie faggot.

Stop and frisk was implemented by politicians and even trump complimented it, if you're so worried about the constitution go do something about the NSA and other three letter agencies.

Sometimes women even resist them when they rape! Uncivilized.

Not an arguement.

Attached: 1478761381221.jpg (1280x899, 252K)

>Nyc shits on the 2nd
Hahaha epic cucks nuke new York XDDDDDDDD
>Random hoodrat getting frisked at 3 in the morning
OH MY GOD, THEY INFRINGED HIS CONSTITUCIONAL RIGHTS >:(

You're right. It's just a statement of fact.

>even her mystery meat kid is sicknof her shit
lol how low can you get

youtube.com/watch?v=tAofl8vbqYo

you know the dad is in prison or dead. goddamn the election fallout was great.

>paying attention to the statistics

dafuq are you talking about? the issue here is causality, there is no proof broken windows caused a drop in crime.

>most police departements in the country as a doctrine

fuck no, the efficacy of broken windows is still a hotly debated topic and most cities didn't try it even when it was the hot new thing back in the 90's. data-driven policing is the new trend and many of its advocates criticized broken windows for being an absolute waste of time.

Lol you're not even from Chicago because I'm from Chicago and it's not like that at all.

>No proof
Ok so there might not be hard data but it's self evident in some places and it can be observed all around the world how small things set the atmosphere for shit to happen, ever wonder why every shitty neighbord has grown grass and broken sidewalks ? Cause one thing leads to another.

Even if we totally dismiss the theory as reason to crime to drop there's still compstat, new unities, community policing and etc, my point is that the advance of law enforcement techniques are a direct cause of many to the drop of crime rates.

This. Same reason the FDNY has a lot of shit about them. Also people see them with a savior complex because of 9/11.

My unit trained some large PDs in urban combat and room clearing a few years ago. One of the agencies we worked with was the NYDP. The guys they sent us had no business handling firearms at any level.

I’d rather enter a room alone than have any of them in the stack behind me.

'The sidewalk is broken, so the people in the house must be methheads'

Sidewalks are city property, windowlicking retard. In lots of cities, it's illegal for a private citizen to just repair them.

New York Dunce Patrol?

Did you see their elite units or were you training beat/office cops in that stuff?

>my point is that the advance of law enforcement techniques are a direct cause

no, your point is application of broken windows theory is the direct cause, which is absolutely unproven and its application has caused numerous problems on its own. your point is particularly controversial because the NYPD honchos constantly tried to spread their bullshit to other cities (LA in particular) even against resistance from the local PD.

in the late 90's and 2000's crime dropped even in cities with huge policing problems like chicago and LA, so your argument that policing techniques is responsible for a drop in crime rates is highly dubious. the more apparent cause is an improvement in economic climate in those large cities.

They were all patrol cops, so they needed the training more than their elite tactical guys who did that stuff all day.

We can fix incompetence, we can’t fix lack of motivation or lack of professionalism.

Attached: 1455765530830.jpg (542x540, 45K)

NYPD isn't even the premier and most prestigious police force in New York.

Hell, it's not even the premier and most prestigious police force in the City.

youtube.com/watch?v=V0EMu2I_yoM

Attached: 1508126650523.png (720x404, 363K)

They're hiring I'm going to take the test only way to get a carry permit out here and I want to beat up minorities in not particular order.

>NYC shits on second
Fuck NYC
>NYC shits on the fourth
Fuck NYC

Entirely in line with each other.

Don't join San Diego PD, you guys
>20% of white male officers 21 to 30 are weebs
>they will slip some anime related meme on the radio

my BR police homies are more psychos and do a better job.

>only way to get a carry permit out here
Bridge cop. Deputy Sheriff. MTA. Even the fucking ASPCA.

NYC has a dozens of LEO agencies that are better and easier to work for than the NYPD.

In my experience nypd is pretty good, I live like 2 minutes from a precint and have had a few run ins (not all bad)
From an actual policing standpoint they're top tier, but in Jow Forums terms they're alright.

>harlem
should have said Brownsville where they deadass murder people, East New York, or large chunks of the Bronx, Harlem has a freaking Whole Foods at 125th

yeah but you need experience, MTA/PA (dream cops) pretty much make you go through NYPD OR some of the NJ departments, honestly NYPD is ideal if you want to go somewhere else. Keep your head down, do your time (5 years), keep clean and put in for a suburban or elite police department like this guy said.

Literally the Mafia.

What's Philly cops like? I know thanks to the universities desperately trying to gentrify the city Temple has like the 3rd largest police force in the state

>hyper strict anti-gun laws
>massive gun crime
Cucks to the last of them.

IIRC she went to Africa to get pregnant with the intention of becoming a single mom or something. Either way she chose to be a single mother of a mixed race kid

Not true, they simply enforce liberal faggotry. The only reason Tyrone didn't bash in the skulls of several homosexuals in my insanely gay city because there were cops EVERYWHERE

>NYC
>Massive gun crime
Choose one.

Orwellian police state that it may be, NYC at least manages to be a remarkably safe for a city of its size. What gun crime it has is massively played up in order to support strict gun controls.

NYC cop here, ask me anything I guess.
I'll proceed to shitpost all over this thread by replying to everybody.

Chief's sons.
ESU, Emergency Services Unit, is the only "SWAT" team per se.
Counterterrorism and Strategic Response Group also tote the big guns, but they're more of an omnipresence kind of thing.
>stop and frisk checkpoints
the fuck are you even talking about?
Stop and frisk isn't done at checkpoints. It's just a fancy name for a Terry Stop, as established in the supreme court case Terry vs Ohio.
Been east of Malcolm X Blvd lately? East Harlem is still shit. There's a reason PSA 5 cops call the strip of projects there "Gaza Strip"
Not as bad as it used to be though, granted.
Put the job out of its misery, please
I'm patiently waiting to see how long they can keep Compstat numbers artificially low. 7-majors are creeping up, as are violent crimes.
Cops used to play the "numbers game" to make things look good by bringing back collars.
Now the brass play the numbers game to keep crime looking low.
Case in point: Shots Fired jobs are down, but shootings are up. Think the perps are taking shooting lessons?
Your responsibility to maintain the sidewalks in NYC. Only sidewalks in front of city property are city sidewalks.
Go away, trooper
ASPCA PD disbanded about 5 years ago, but you're right. Even Sanitation Police have it better.

Gun confiscation law is passed. Will NYPD oblige and start door kicking?

You're stuck in the 80s if you genuinely believe that. You know which cities are violent and beat to shit? Detroit, Chicago, Gary, Houston, and Milwaukee.

>pussy fuckers
user, just because you're a fag doesn't mean every other poster is a homo

Whats the most common handgun criminals use? Do they mostly uses hand guns or long guns?

Thank you for your service

What's the worst part of the city to work in?

I'm sure the cocksuckers at 1PP would want us to.
I'm also sure the PBA would refuse, as would the street cop.
Cobras, Jennings, Hipoints, the usual ghetto blaster fare.
The most interesting I've seen was a Vz Skorpion in .32.
Fuck off with that

>implying NYPD need an excuse to kick doors

That's subjective.
I like to work in the hood - They "keep it real" - and usually the command is less uptight about shit like shined boots and whatnot.
The busiest commands in the city in terms of crazy shit happening are probably the 73, 75 and PSA 2.
If you ask me, the worst is probably Midtown. Right this very second in Times Square, some cop has to go tell Elmo to fuck off of the tourists and write him a summons, while Inspections is breathing down his neck about wearing his hat, how shiny his shoes are, if all 4 belt keepers are on his gunbelt and etc - Can you imagine doing that 5 days a week?

How good of a rabbi do you need to get a plain clothes gig?

Depends where you work.
Transit districts have plainclothes assignments all over, Housing PSAs have just an anti-crime team. Precincts are somewhere in between depending on how busy they are.
Unless you mean getting into a unit that's all plainclothes all the time - then you better have a crane.

>Housing
kek no thanks. Not trying to get a fridge dropped on me or my car
>Unless you mean getting into a unit that's all plainclothes all the time
Yeah should've been specific. Plain clothes full time.
>then you better have a crane.
Kinda shit for guys otj that want to get into something like that but don't have that juice.

btw do they still have anti-crime units or did that end with the whole Sean Bell thing?

>Kinda shit for guys otj
Welcome to the job, kid!
Try to rub shoulders at some of the fraternal organizations. Best way to make connections.
Anti-Crime is still around. SNEU is gone.

>Welcome to the job, kid!
Truth.
>rub shoulders at some of the fraternal organizations
Good tip. Will remember.
>SNEU is gone.
That's a shame. Appreciate the info.

Big, if true.

>Jow Forums PD

fictional LAPD > fictional NYPD

Attached: 12e380051cb252e407fe15e7850164a5.jpg (600x400, 23K)

Umm sweetie, you misspelled the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department

I love it, and a lot of units are definitely the best in the US, but your average patrol cop is unmotivated. Largely because of the Ray Kelly years, and Impact, which left a bitter taste in all their mouths.

We definitely have an awesome amount of training, both in the academy, and once we get out. Just have to look for it and sign up for it.

Second post best post.

It's the most well-known by midwit nobodies. Once you're on the job, there's a long line of applicants waiting to take your spot and your badge so don't fuck up or say anything to discredit your corrupt bosses or you're out on the street.

Simple economics. Demand for NYPD slots is so great the individual officer is at the mercy of the force. Fuuuuuuck that whole organization, and NYC's gun laws.

Seconded, it’s more likely that abortion caused the drop than NYPD’s 1337 strats just deterring crime.

You can't afford to live here.