>just turned 21
>recently won 250$ from the lottery
>wanna buy first gun
>ask around about guns
>nigger friend tells me to get a high point
>i look into highpoints
>find out everyone hates them
>idek why

Im on the verge of buying one. Do you guys think its a good gun for fucking around at the range? The price is really great since im broke as hell.This is not for home protection

Attached: 7035-DEFAULT-m.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=11893&name=Italian Beretta 92S 9mm Pistol Standard Grade
sportsmansguide.com/product/index/smith-amp-wesson-mampp45-mid-size-semi-automatic-45-acp-4-barrel-101-rounds-used-police-trade-in?a=2083401
youtube.com/watch?v=2EM7Z2zQG4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hi points are only good for a gun for home protection. You load it and hope you never have to use it. It's awful to shoot and not fun. Save for a glock or something if you want a range gun

>read tons of anti-hipoint sentiment on forums
>see lots of youtube videos praising them
>decide to rent one at the range and see what it's all about

Slide got stuck, guy had to bang it on the table to free it. Gun is much smaller in person than any pics online show. Physically LOOKS unsafe with sloppily molded plastic that looks like a 3d printer reject. First and last round in the magazine produced failures. I really wanted to like it because I always root for the underdog, but for the love of god, these things shouldn't have made it past the prototype phase in their current state, and aren't even worth the $150 they sell for.

I've only ever shot someone else's at the range. I manipulated the safety, it felt poor. I've been from making $250 every 2 weeks to making $3k every week, and this felt poor. I know what poor is, that's the idea I'm trying to impart. But I only fired 1 round, and it wasn't bad. It just feels lose, and unreliable. Like if you jump while holding it, it's gonna change the safety selector. But it'll go bang if you want it to, or not. It goes bang.

Save $50 and either get a Ruger LCP or a Taurus Revolver. I'd say that's your best bet.

Attached: ruger_lcp_pistol_1384172_6.jpg (738x640, 38K)

Buy a Hipoint OP. I'm serious.

Anyone who buys a Hipoint deserves a Hipoint.

And you sound like you deserve a Hipoint.

>broke
>just turned 21
>recently won 250$ from the lottery
Save your money. You need that more.

Attached: 1526619610813.jpg (500x587, 86K)

> a Taurus Revolver

Make sure its a revolver, anything semi-auto made by Taurus is almost as bad if not worse than a hipoint

As someone who has never actually held to Hi Point but watches a fuckload of gun videos on YouTube.

They are reliable enough, but construction and materials are poorer than we are accustomed to. Also it's just not going to win any beauty contests and it's not exactly concealable.

On the flip side, they have a crazy "no questions asked" lifetime warranty , that from all i've heard, they do honor. So while it may be more likely to break then another gun, you are taking that other gun to a gunsmith but hi point will repair theirs for free.

If you can't afford to spend more than $100 on a gun, it's more than reasonable choice. If you can afford to double that though, you can go by a used 92s from one of the many sites that have imported them for around 200 bucks not counting shipping and FFL transfer.

Side note, I actually think the Hi-Point carbines look slick as fuck

Damn, if its such a shitty gun, what do you guys suggest that is around 200-350 price range that is worth it.

If i dont spend the money on this ill end up spending it on something stupid like beer so might as well

this

Look up the Ruger LC9s/LC9/EC9s/EC9

They should be around your price range and they're much higher quality than that Hi-Point, at the expensive of 2 rounds (6 vs 8 standard). You could easily use it for CC while the Hi-Point might be difficult.

However if it's too big for your hands, maybe just get a 22LR plinker. Better to get a 22LR that you're going to use for the rest of your life instead of a 9mm you're going to buy, hate, and never touch again. Hi-Points were literally made for people too poor to afford anything else, that NEED protection and can't afford to save up for a better option.

THat about sums it up.

Attached: 1322628925689.jpg (147x150, 5K)

>won 250
>buy hipoint

Dude by a 10/22 or a used lcp gen one. I think you can even buy used lc9s for less then 250 if there gen ones.

All three of those especially the 10/22 are great first time guns and alright for self defense. Its better for nothing.

Star BM. look it up. can be had for $200. with FFL transfer fee you're looking at $215 to $235 depending on how jewish your local gun dealer is. get a box or two of 9mm and youre at $250

Attached: attachment.jpg (600x450, 84K)

Get a maverick 88.

This or a 92s. Aim surplus has them for 239, i think numrich and maybe classic has it for 200? (If not sold out by now)

This

you'll be hard pressed to find 92s's for very far under $300 anymore man that ship sailed

Op here
Im not looking for a shotgun, im trying to buy a handgun

Cut down the grip and barrel.

I saw on the hickok channel their beretta knock-off is legit because they bought out and old factory in South America. Used the same tooling, schematics and everything, but eventually added on their own changes (like where the mag release is and the safety). If thats legit then its not a bad deal IMO

Attached: 1526542835333.jpg (374x503, 45K)

I wouldn't worry about it.

The Taurus PT111 Gen 2 is objectively a good gun with amazing reliability. Actually hang yourself for spreading this autism.

For what reason? A shotgun is more fun in every facet.

A sccy maybe?

aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=11893&name=Italian Beretta 92S 9mm Pistol Standard Grade

as a poorfag owner of all of these, here is my personal opinion of them

>Maverick 88
the extractor is fucky and will only cycle certain ammo, specifically shells where the brass rim sticks out far. it works. it isn't very fun to shoot. it seems to print a little high from the bead sight. once i save up a little money I have to see if I can find some low recoil shot beacuse the recoil is mostly what makes it unpelasant

>92s
zero malfunctions, smoothest action i've ever seen. great gun, for some reason i cannot shoot it very well. just personal preference it does not point well for me. it's large and has a long barrel. holds 15+1 which is great though. i bought some aftermarket magazines with the heel cut and they work but they rattle around in it which makes them feel like shit. its size makes it a stretch for a cc gun

>Star BM
malfunctions out the box. every 3-4 shots an FTE. after a few hundred rounds it stopped so i guess it needed break-in which is strange to me considering its a used pistol and pretty old, mine in particular has '77 on it. i shoot better with it than my 92s and the grip feels thinner and worse than the 92s but everything else really is better. CC'able, though i'd get more than "one or two boxes of ammo" and shoot the fuck out of it first to make sure it works

please do not buy a hi-point, OP. also do not do this unless you want a surprise fed party in your house

Attached: landscape-1463380742-rs-1024x759-160515173208-1024the-simpsonstt051516a.jpg (655x341, 52K)

>280
>290 handpicked
where is the 240 you speak of. you just proved my point

I got my hipoint for 50 bucks and it's a great gun for 50 bucks

Attached: 20171001_125459.jpg (2308x1298, 941K)

Save up just a few more dollars and buy a Ruger ec9s, it's probably not much more in your area, and a better gun.

that wasnt even me, but under 300 isnt a big deal

I had a long drive between college and home on some secluded highways so I bought a hi point in .40 to keep in the car. I still shoot it from time to time for shits and giggles. Honestly no complaints about it from me.

yeah well your gun sucks and so do you

We don't hate them. We just make jokes because they're ugly and for poor people. They're actually good guns especially for the price.

That was very insightful. Thank you

You won't be spending much time at the range if you are broke as hell. Buy whatever you can afford, and buy some hollow point ammo to keep in it while it around. Every man should have a gun.

I agree with this guy too. Lcp or taurus revolver is a better choice imo.

>hipoints
>unreliable

Highpoint At home beats a Glock on layaway.

Get a fucking CZ82??? 250, 9x18 makarov ain't bad, mags should be easy to find, and the gun will run fine. Jesus, if you're gonna be a nigger, don't come to Jow Forums

Attached: Carbon-based-Eugenics.jpg (635x441, 42K)

Use that $250 and buy a suit, then get a decent paying job and buy a better gun. Hi points are good, but you can do better with a job making at least $13/hr

$250, the habdguns I've bought
>Bulgarian makarov $250
>Romainian tokarev $200
>beretta 92s $250
>s&w 915 $250

Hipoint is a fine gun for the price and has a good warranty but it isn't a combat proven design it is a budget firearm

wtf when is the last time cz82s were on the market? 2013?

I had a mav 88 for several years, that fucker ate every thing I feed it.

Everyone says their warranty is top notch. From what I hear when it breaks they fix it free, no questions asked, and it usually doesn't break again. Demo ranch did a torture test on it and it still functioned after pouring pond scum in it, tying it to his truck and going off reading, and shooting it in the fucking chamber with another gun.

Downside is it's ugly and unwieldy as absolute sin and has a comically low capacity for what a huge ass gun it is.

You want fun on the range? Get a used revolver, it'll be better if you have to use it anyway.

>it's a meme, but a fun one and a better gun than the highpoint

Attached: tok.png (1255x819, 446K)

21, somewhat broke

Just bought this the other day.

$450 out the door, havent gotten to use it yet but i love the way it fells.
Only problem is the mag release is a little stiff and the slide release seems to be impossible to use ehile the mag is empty.

Attached: 20180624_112631.jpg (3984x2988, 3.64M)

Tge point to that is too wait a little longer to get something you would enjoy but if its for protection dont break the bank. Like a glock 17/19, ruger LCP or LCR,
im personally thinking about getting the bersa thunder .380 because i got a great deal on .380 ammo im almost 100% sure was stollen, it was from a tweaker looking fuck that lives down the street from my friends. Bought 1000 rounds of winchester rounds all in its packaging for $100...
Also, 100 year old colt 22lr

Attached: 20180616_100308.jpg (2280x4599, 1.87M)

One good gun (debatable) after all the shit they put out. I would sooner trust a drink from Bill Cosby than a Taurus semi-auto

I bought a couple used a couple days ago, and honestly, I enjoy them. One is a .40 and the other is a .9, I took them out and they didn't really have any problems. The slides on the two I have ran fine, the mags worked fine, and I didn't run into any malfunctions. This probably sounds like some sort of wizard bullshit, but it's how it went for me. Honestly I found them to be a lot of fun to fuck around with and shoot, if you want one, go for it, I say.

>pic related, prablum sulvas

Attached: HAIPUNTS.jpg (3024x4032, 2.67M)

Dubs confirms

> critical failure
> looks smaller in person
CoffeeCupHeldBetweenToes.mp3

>If i dont spend the money on this ill end up spending it on something stupid like beer so might as well
Permanent poverty.
Poor people deserve nice, happy lives but refuse to accept the wonderful beauty of the world.
I believe you can change, but it'll be a change as dramatic as if you died.
Give up all the trash in your life and reach, boy.

dude, please please please dont buy a hipoint. if you save up an extra 50 bucks you might be able to find a halfway decent used glock 19. beretta92s are on sale a southern ohio gun for like 250. hipoints are a waste of money dude.

>buying ammo off of some junkie scum

I hope your ammo explodes.

are you fucking retarded? Get a pump shotgun. Get a double barrel shotgun and save $150. Why do retards be like "hurr i em bruke shud i ged haipoyeent". No get a fucking Mossberg 500 or something you absolute sperg.

i must have gotten a lemon or something then. also forgot to mention taking that thing apart is is annoying as hell.

In fairness, range guns are universally beat to shit and never maintained. Zinc alloy and polymer are shit materials, which is why the HiPoint has so much of both on it. It's no surprise to me that such soft materials wouldn't hold up against range rental abuse. That said, HiPoint will replace your gun if you ask. This last point is the only reason I want one. It's +P rated; it's like they want you to torture the thing

>be poor
>waste what little money you have on beer
never gonna stop being poor

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/smith-amp-wesson-mampp45-mid-size-semi-automatic-45-acp-4-barrel-101-rounds-used-police-trade-in?a=2083401

You can buy police trade-in S&W M&P 45s from Sportsman's Guide for under $250 right now. I'd go with that before buying a Beretta from the 1980s or a meme Makarov. With the M&P you get a modern gun with night sights. .45 ACP is a great round for home defense.

>Hi-points
There's no reason to buy one of these unless you want one just to have it. With today's gun prices you can get something much better for only a little more cash (

PT 92 aint bad from what I've heard. Some police from around there use em

Ditto. Whenever I've needed a gun outside of at the range, I find myself reaching for the 88. Hasn't ever let me down, regardless of what I fed it.

Buy a Tokarev .

You don't have the disposable income to shoot 9mm. Consider cost of ammo, range membership (unless innawoods), inevitability of wanting to upgrade from your shitty hi-point, etc. I would only recommend buying this if you feel you really need a HD weapon right this moment.

It was all packaged up still. My guess is the fuck stole it from soneone or somehere. All in a brown box lined up.

>If i dont spend the money on this ill end up spending it on something stupid like beer so might as well
You could win 1 Million dollars tomorrow and still die poor with that attitude.

>range membership
wut

Your nigger friend is correct. It's a fine self defense firearm, just a bit ugly, a bit low capacity (though not as bad as a revolver) and a bit too bulky for convenient concealed carry.

I have a lot "better" firearms, including my favorite Beretta 92FS, a Glock 30, and an S&W airweight in .38. But as far as reliability goes, I haven't had any problem with any of them at the range and none are ammo-finicky.

If that's the gun you can afford, get it and practice with it. Save up for one that feels nicer later and you'll appreciate some of the differences.

What about an RIA M206? I've heard the finish isn't the best, but stands up to abuse quite well and has a

Attached: 65316532.png (1352x640, 238K)

SD9VE goes for like $289.95 at Academy ans they're actually pretty rad. Save another 60 bucks down the line and buy an Apex trigger and spring kit and you've got a pretty great shooting gun.

Overpriced pot metal junk.

Spend about $50-100 more and get a bersa

Buy a Makarov, or a Star Model BM for the same price.

>$200
>Overpriced

How much less could it cost? I've put a thousand rounds through mine with no issues

Put a thousand more and the revolver is gonna send shards into your hand. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Get one of these, ATI Hybrid 1911.
It's like $450, can take a lot of common 1911 parts and is functional.

Attached: IMG_1502.jpg (1350x1013, 67K)

>>broke
>>just turned 21
>>recently won 250$ from the lottery

>nigger friend

birds of a feather

Holy jeebus that thing is ugly

Attached: FB_IMG_1524563351673.jpg (466x468, 39K)

Shut up, cuck.

Attached: 20180625_183951.jpg (3264x2448, 3.09M)

U mad?

>Don't talk to me or my son ever again

Not really. I'm a little tipsy though.

>450 for a piece of plastic and steel
ishiggydiggy

>I-it'll definitely blow up on the next thousand rounds! Or, if not, the next! Eventually it'll blow up, I guarantee it! Piece of junk!

>450 for that tacticool bullshit
>when similar money can buy RIA, CZ, used Glock, Smith and Wesson galore and even a few pretty good wheelguns

Summer is here.

> top heavy
> straight blowback
> ugly
first, stop getting advice from niggers.
buy a used glock, not a hi-point.
parts and mags availability should make this an easy decision.

Attached: merchant-shekel.jpg (776x513, 233K)

Sog has them for 240

get a sccy for the same price and 50% less shit

where the fuck are you finding used g19s for $150

My star BM has been literally 100%.

The only malfunctions were with p38 mags I modified to fit and lock in the BM, and even those are close to 95%

It's my second favorite pistol after a surplus (not commercial) Helwan

Makarov's haven't been under $350 for years..

it's an ugly piece of shit

I’ve had 3 of them. 2 worked mostly fine, but the 3rd one had ejection issues.

Buy a Taurus revolver in 38. End of discussion.

Considering a Maverick 88 costs $180, there should be ~$80 revolvers in small calibers.

Get a Ruger Security 9

Its a Glock 19 without the price!
youtube.com/watch?v=2EM7Z2zQG4k

Attached: 223_1523672382.jpg (358x210, 31K)

Best gun for around that price point is star bm