Prepping

Haven't seen a good preppers thread in awhile.
Hunkering down or bugging out?
Where ya going?
How long you gonna be there?
What are you prepping for?
How much do you have prepped?
Share pics of your stash or weapons if you want.

Attached: Prepper.jpg (708x404, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shtfschool.com/blog/page/18/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bugging in. Always keep about 60 days food supply on hand, running a trial container garden this year to see what kind of productivity I can get out of a minimal footprint.

I have a 1000 acre family ranch up in the mountains I will be bugging out to

>2011 memes

Attached: 1320378848549.gif (250x250, 185K)

address?

what a chode.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, USA

Damn OP, I checked it out and jumped the fence. You got some good security.

There is a Trump Putin meeting in July so, hopefully that will solve some issues on Russian security. Namely the missiles on its border.
Russia will go to war if those are not removed.
Not much else is a threat at this time. China has some ability but not enough to attack the US directly and walk away.
Prepping for a financial stoppage also seems unlikely in the next 5-8 years.
Prepping needs an problem to prepare for, and outside of normal storms there isn't any.

>Namely the missiles on its border.
Where? What kind?

>Russia will go to war if those are not removed.
Uh huh.

Its not about what you believe or what i believe its what the Russians believe. If Putin thinks those missiles on its border are a security risk, then they are.
>Where? What kind?
Use the internet, I'm not your research consultant.

>Prepping for a financial stoppage also seems unlikely in the next 5-8 years
China and the EU claim that the looming trade war could cause a global recession. Then again, consider the sauce.

Not enough for a breakdown of banking and civil unrest.
There are vary few things that could stop banking or governments dead in their tracks.

/out/ usually has one.
There's one over there now.

>Hunkering down or bugging out?
Always bug in.
Bugging out should always be last resort. Even for cityfags. The only thing that changes is how fast the last resort becomes viable.
I've also found that a lot of people who go straight to bugging out have made nearly no preparations at all and jut hope they can bum off someone else.

>Where ya going?
If I bug out, it will be to a rural area in northern Maryland. I have friends who have a farm, but they've asked me to come to them cause I'm more prepared than they are.

>How long you gonna be there?
It's just a matter of waiting for things to return to "normal".

>What are you prepping for?
Economic collapse.
I 100% unironically there will be a depression greater than the great depression within our lifetime, most likely within 20 years, maybe within 5-10 years.
After that, the balkanization of the United States because of mass immigration. However I think it will be a cross between urban vs rural and along racial lines.
There are too many minorities that are socially conservative and right wing and too many whites who are liberal and left wing.
And the South/North split is dead.
A rural Texan has MUCH more in common with a rural person from Maine than they do with someone from Austin.
That means there will never really be a war based on race or on state borders.
But things are obviously heating up.
However economic collapse is FAR more likely.

>How much do you have prepped?
I have "I won't starve" food for a year and a half. 3 meals a day is maybe a year. If I still have my job and can get food somehow, I could stretch it out to probably over 2 years.
I also have 14,000 rounds of ammo, 6 months of general preps, and 1 month of water with 4 months of water storage.
I've also taken multiple rifle tactics and pistol tactics classes. Basic first aid too, but it was on the same level of "training" as an NRA class.

>Share pics of your stash or weapons if you want.
Ok. I just keep most of my stuff in a closet.

Attached: 24899105_10156778071293906_1609471609_n.jpg (720x960, 108K)

My apologies if it seems a bit cluttered. I live in a town house and I can only store my stuff in my room.

Attached: 36129579_10157391589238906_8606545030124929024_n.jpg (1072x1920, 111K)

Storing food in a locker is a pretty good idea because while it doesn't keep it air tight, it can protect it from rodents and water damage.

Attached: 36087120_10157391589098906_5850378599755939840_n.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

And of course you should have medical and hygiene supplies. Of which I have two large ammo cans full of.

Attached: 36229604_10157391589228906_2156998907526119424_n.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

I didn't realize how shitty my camera was until now.

Attached: 36177155_10157391589278906_2176265860233035776_n.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

I also have a bunch of small soap, condoms, and lighters for bartering if it gets that bad.

unironically this.
nukes are a big dick measuring contest. Even though we arent in the cold war anymore, MAD is still assured and so they will never be used. We will try to keep our economies going until there is nothing left and we run ourselves off a cliff.Once that happens, i have no doubt that a depresson could bring the world to its knees.

how many bic lighters do you have?

Like 50. I have about 200 cheapos though. You can buy them in bulk for about $0.15 each.

Attached: RKn.jpg (500x342, 99K)

I'll be the SHTF lighter king and all the smokers and pot heads will be my surfs.

*serfs

Always, always bug out. Humans will kill each other if you have cool stuff or just for fun when the time comes.
But considering your preps you might do okay, especially if you have a large family to help you. Urban enviroment has more opportunities and contacts than wilderness but it comes with a risk.
I personally would bug out if you don't have a shit ton of shit stocked and huge walls. Wilderness has less risks and is very survivable if you have skills and hunting gear.

Attached: 1507057768710.jpg (1489x2935, 1.47M)

Doesn't that just means you should already live in a more rural area and then bug in?
And the reason why bugging out should be a last resort is because before you get to your destination, you will be with all those same people who would rob you or kill you, but now you are more vulnerable.
In other words, the choice isn't a crowded area vs a secluded area, it's a crowded area without shelter or defenses and you hope to be able to reach a secluded area (ie; the roads/highways) vs a crowded area where you can lay low and defend yourself.
The idea is that everyone wants to be in a secluded area, but the more you want to get there, the more dangerous the journey will be.

Attached: Venezuela riots.jpg (1200x800, 322K)

Depends on the scenaro but most likely fortify my home and wait it out, maybe cooperte with neigbours otherwise I'd just grab camping gear and scavenge, Homeless people seem to survive so I can probably do it; Managed to force myself to be able to only eat 1 or 2 meals a day with no snacking

Agreed, you have to bug out at the first signs when there's a possibility of a societal collapse. The guy from Bosnia covered that subject too.
When the chaos has started, it's way too late.

And of course, if you live in a secluted rural area you've basicly bugged out already. And you just need to fortify.

Keep this thread up, I want to talk more when I get from work.

Bugging out to a family farm, then hunkering down.
If it warrants prepping and bugging out, I'll probably stay there forever.
Prepping for some sort of economic crisis. Natural disasters aren't a huge problem where I live.
I don't have anything prepped yet other than owning guns and knowing some basic skills.

>Finaly got a battle rifle
>Now I gotta buy tons of ammo for it
Feelsexpensiveman.762

>Hunkering down or bugging out? Where ya going?
How safe are the suburbs ~25 miles outside of Kansas City? I'd try to get to my parents house (they have a basement, our dogs are there, it's slightly further from downtown, and I live in an apartment)
N
Nukes, riots, tornadoes, a recession, or civil war
I offloaded some of my doomsday food after the Trump-Kim summit. Have funs, a lantern, some canned food, a water filter, and a camping stove.

I actually think there's an opening for someone to actually use nukes without starting a war.

MAD is at the point where say Russia launched a nuke at Ukraine (whatever bullshit fictional scenario, who cares), what do people think is gonna happen? Do they seriously think that the US and UK and whoever are going to go full MAD and annihilate the entire world in a massive nuclear Holocaust in retaliation? Why would they do that? Who does it benefit?

In reality, what would happen is a country could use nukes and not lead to massive nuclear war, but instead you'd see the following:

1) massive sanctions and embargos with the nation who launched the nuke

2) possible military coup or assassination of the leader who made the call

3) massive riots and protests worldwide, including in the nation who did it, which would likely lead to deposing the leader of that country.

4) massive worldwide push for disarming all nuclear weapons

what kind of fucking monster CANS WATER?

Attached: 1529267956531.gif (400x220, 3.04M)

This.

If you wait until chaos starts, you're likely to just get shot by some random gangbanger rioting while you drive by with your loaded down vehicle of supplies

There would be a lot of confusion among the international community. It's possible to stumble into a nuclear war; miscommunications and mix-ups could cause one country or another to launch in retaliation when no such threat exists (which almost happened in November 1983).

>running away instead of manning up and entering the fray
Fucking pussy ass bitches in this thread.

The only currency in a doomsday situation will be ammo.

You should all be stocking up on munitions. It'll be worth more than gold.

>Dunning-Kruger Effect
I'm convinced a lot of outspoken Threepers and militia larpers will be the first to cuck out or die.

Right, and all that land will be yours to work as a slave to your superior machine overlords.

>what is food and water?
You're half-right. Watch the British film Threads; after SHTF, the survivors are paid in canned food for work, or it is withheld as punishment for misconduct.

There would also be a market for creature comforts like cigarettes and booze. Never a bad idea to have tradables.

And cigarets, lighters, canned food, weed, condoms, candles...

>doomsday situation
stop watching so many movies user

For almost all situations bugging out is retarded.
You should know your neighbors and work to restore community. Dunno why larpers think a hurricane or something will happen and people will start just blasting everyone.

Depressions can't happen with central banking. So its hyperinflation or stagnation. Both long slow processes that bleed out the citizens until they have nothing of value left to keep an economy going. Venezuela or any south American economy is what happens.
It could take decades before an economy stops, and everyone starves. You would need decades of food storage for that.
So collapse is not what you think it is. Its not a stoppage its a drain of capital from you to the banks. The US has lots of tools to mask inflation as its doing now.
To shutdown the US government you would need nukes, or mass civil unrest, millions in the streets burning down the world or open revolt.
None of which are on the radar for the next 5-10 years. After that it's anyone's guess.

Where are the guns, do you just have bullets, bro?

So Satan resides in the hwhoite house

Attached: 11_years_old_jake.jpg (958x531, 66K)

If only I could read your image. That would be nice.

What are you doing for water storage containers?
I feel the same way about bugging out, seems pointless if there isn't anywhere to go long term. It's like anytime there is any type of emergency, weather or otherwise, they always tell people to stay in doors. What do people expect to find bugging out? Boggles my mind.

Bull shit, someone tries trading with me they better have USD currency (cash or coins). They try offering some janky ass hand loads I'm going to think they're a serial killer or something.

>Dunno why larpers think a hurricane or something will happen and people will start just blasting everyone
You, my friend, have a dangerously rosy trust for other people.

I live in my retreat, even have range cards

Globalists disagree

the smart ones

Learn how to make soap. It’s not hard.

Lost power for a bit over a week and everyone was flooded in during hurricane Isabel, neighbors all got together to cookout and hang out.
Obviously if food is gone for any period of time I'd expect it to change rapidly. Also I know a little over a week isn't that long. But people make it sound like if the power flashes or flooding starts raping and pillaging will start immediately.

I'll take "what did 2008 almost turn into" for 500 Alex
You're kindof right, depressions shouldn't be able to happen with central banking. They still can because sometimes we get retarded and greedy

Attached: china investment rate.png (1233x481, 20K)

I want people to read this blog who want to actually survive. shtfschool.com/blog/page/18/
There're pages and pages of information about pretty much anything that you could face in a total SHTF.

If you're prepping and thinking that you're gonna survive, nothing is gonna kill you and you're gonna have so much fun with your 50k rounds of ammo shooting up people and looting shit, you're dead within two weeks of the chaos.

It's small but readable, it's a very VERY compressed version of the blog that I linked above. Go read that.

This, invidual countries might fall to depression and maybe even chaos but you can always move out of the country if it starts to happen. I don't really believe in a scenario where a country goes into the stone age because of inflation etc. You'd need countries like US to completely fall in order to make other countries on their knees too.

A solar storm might be the only way to bring modern world to chaos. Especially because everyone is moving every aspect of life to the internet. Every electronical device will be fucked up. We'd see mass chaos in 24 hours around the globe. Because people become more and more incompetent without electricity and cellphones, we'd see people die from starvation in one month.

Attached: 93jf9ny19n1.png (400x418, 354K)

Far more money exists digitally than physically. When people lose confidence and start cashing out it can cause a panic because there literally isn't enough physical money in existence. It has happened in many places such as Greece in the past few years. Banks have to turn people away and people literally can't withdraw their own money.

It is scary when you stop and think about how your bank account balance is just a number in a computer.

Thanks, I think it's because I'm on mobile

Yup, I've started to use and store cash more often because of people panicking in Greece.

It will be one and it will be an important one (that's why I have 14,000 rounds most of about 10,000 of which is 5.56 and 2,000 9mm), and maybe even the most valuable, but people will need many things other than ammo.

>I'm better prepared for emergency situations than people who have prepared
>>specifically because I have not prepared
You will literally be the first to die.

>Depressions can't happen with central banking
Stopped reading there.
What is the Roman Empire. Greece, Venezuala...
Oh, and the United States.
Because apparently you forgot the federal reserve was established in 1913.

I'm being serious when I say this, you need to forget everything you know about economics because you are completely wrong.
Read pic related. It's really easy to understand and is cheap on Amazon.
Please, for your sake.
Not even trying to insult you.

Attached: 32381206_10157278092093906_8542766019909779456_n.jpg (540x960, 79K)

>Wilderness has less risks and is very survivable if you have skills and hunting gear.

Do some math. To survive by hunting/gathering, you need 1 square mile of wilderness per pound of body weight. That’s how it works for bears, pigs, and other large omnivores. Lets do some rounding and say you’ll need 200 square miles as your range. There’s approximately 1m square miles of wilderness in the US. That means only 5000 of you bug out autists are going to be able to live off the land. The other million or so who had the exact same idea are going to kill each other off in every way imaginable. Every acre that doesn’t have a building on it is going to look like Walmart on Black Friday.

Bugging in is always the first choice. Displacing means leaving most of your stocks behind, while also making you a preferred target for every amoral shithead in your zipcode. If you do have to bug out, have an established BOL waiting for you. Preferably one with friendly faces already present. Grabbing SKS and going innawoods is how you become a refugee. Until the odds catch up to you, then you’re just another statistic.

I don't feel comfortable posting pictures of my safe.
...you can click on images to expand them.
You can also open them in new tabs, friend.
Squarish water jugs, Aquatainers, and two water bobs.
The US dollar will collapse. The world bank relies on US dollars.The rest of the world relies on the world bank.
In 2008, the US housing market nearly destroyed the world's economy. The only reason it didn't was because they kicked the can down the road to a later date.
They fixed nothing and only doubled down on the economics that created the problem in the first place!
Keynesian economics has never worked and will never work.
The more people believe stupid shit like "we will never have a recession" the more sure it becomes!

Attached: 1929 stock market crash.gif (327x251, 1.42M)

Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell btw, I forgot my "quantitative easing" was covering the author.

DIABLO

I have $3,000 stored in a hidden wall safe because the first thing they do is shut the banks down and put a limit on how much you can withdraw and use.

Attached: 25497314_10156807442313906_1904177893_n.jpg (960x720, 189K)

>water bob
Huh, never heard of one of those before. That's kind of nifty. I've heard fill up your tub with water before and always thought there is no chance in hell I'm using that shit for drinking.

> Mentions random missiles without specifying what he's exactly talking about
> gets asked what the fuck he's talking about
>"HURR DURR I WUN SPOONFEED HURR"

You're a major fucking retard....

I mean, you can always boil water after the fact if you've stored it in less than ideal ways.
I wouldn't assume the water from a water bob will always be drinkable either.
Apparently it's supposed to be good for up to 16 weeks.

Hunkering down or bugging out?
>Probably bug out but I'll bug in if I'll have more friends and family later.

Where ya going?
>A rather secluted house with land, but still rather next a city. Looks old and worn down so it won't be a a major target.
>Or just in the middle of nowhere innawoods with no human contact.

>Years or as long as I can

>Solar storm, complete collapse of modern society

>Only saved tons of infographics so far

Attached: 1507057949466.jpg (540x748, 100K)

>What are you prepping for?
>>Solar storm, complete collapse of modern society

>How much do you have prepped?
>>Only saved tons of infographics so far

nigga wut?
You know pictures on your computer can not only not be eaten, but will be EXTRA hard to eat after a solar storm?

It’s that fucking Selco meme that always pops up in these threads. Now that it’s put in an appearance, this thread is doomed to die in a paroxysm of shitposting. Some anons say he’s full of shit, other anons say nuh-uh, he has a school and teaches this stuff, Selco wouldn’t lie.

My current situation doesn't allow me to prep for reasons, but luckily I will begin actual prepping next month.
I've mostly educated myself and saved them, so that I can print them for later use.

Tell me why it's a meme. No matter what is the subject, people always say it's a meme.

The theory is, currency will be worthless post-shtf. You’ll need trade goods to barter for whatever you need. Personally, I prefer to stockpile skillsets. Those are a lot more portable.

Oh I've drunk questionable water from questionable spots though. Honestly I'd rather go find a pond full of scum and animal shit to try to purify before drinking out of that tub. I wouldn't think that water would last very long in there, just a liner to keep it off that is good enough for a while. I wouldn't expect that amount of water to last very long. Having a bit stored is just a fail safe sort of plan, long term finding it regularly would be more of a goal.

... and they will just shoot you, kill you, and then take your shit.

Whats so fucking hard to understand about this?

Nice trips, but central banks will always print money for government use. Always. No government will chose to not pay it's self and just die.
Your asking a government to choose not to pay government workers, contractors and fund political favors. Believe that if you want i can never see that happening, ever.
2008 was never going to be a depression they just bailed out everyone and they will do that again, and again. There is no limit on printing money.

> The US dollar will collapse.
Not with every other country hating and fearing their own money more.
The US dollar just has to out run most other currency to not collapse. US currency is the safest in the world to have money in. Its not even a contest. No matter how bad the US currency is others will still buy it because its better then their local currency.

If you think you're going to walk away from every fight you pick, you're going to pick some stupid ones you don't want to be in. Reputation will likely be a big thing to even get people to deal with you to start with. You really think nobody is going to figure out you were talking to people and going places and people end up dead? You sound like the kind of cunt that's going to end up getting tarred and feathered if your lucky.

>$3,000

Add to it. Your goal is to have cash for 6 months, at current spending levels, on hand. You’ve got a decent start on your reference library. Add a couple of reloading manuals, from different publishers. Then get Chilton shop manuals for every vehicle you own. And at least a half dozen different cookbooks, the Good Housekeeping one is excellent. One each for crockpot and Dutch oven cooking, maybe one for paleo. One dedicated to baking.

Get the whole Foxfire Books set. Merck Manual, and Merck Veterinary Manual. The Ball Blue Book, plus one other; Stocking Up is a good one.

Made regular rounds of pawn shops and secondhand stores. You can get a lot of expensive books for under $5 each that way. I’m fortunate to live near a college town. Every summer, the second hand stores get a flood of new textbooks. Once you get past the stacks of gender studies and Afro-centric social justice texts, you can usually pick up STEM texts.

>meme

Ok, stereotype, if that works better for you. The pic that was posted turns up in every one of these threads, igniting a firestorm of shitposting until the thread dies.

Selco is a Bosnian of some flavor or other, who claims to have gone through all of the events listed in that article in the pic. He now has a school, teaching others how to survive under shtf conditions. There is absolutely zero verification of his claims, and a certain body of evidence that refutes specific points of his story. Most likely, he survived some of what he claims, and borrowed some high points from the stories of other survivors to give his tale more zip.

If you go through the story carefully, there’s no life-changing revelations in it. Bad things happen, people do bad things to survive. That’s about the extent of it. His blog is more of the same. The other thing to keep in mind is, the cultural differences. What worked in Bosnia might not work here, because we’re not Bosnians. You’re better off learning from the accounts of Katrina survivors. Look up the story of Alexander Supertramp for a cautionary tale on going innawoods with bad preparations.

Good luck with that buddy. Hope you're never in a complete SHTF.
>Somebody comes to trade you for your ammo
>"I got 2 packs of cigarettes for your box of 9mm"
>"Nuh uh budy, cash only"
>The person gives a dumbfounded look
>"Oookay, I do have some Canadian dollars"
>"Nuh uh, only US dollars."
>The person is in utter disbelief
>"Umm, sure how much for one box?"
>"It'll be 100$ per box, take it or leave it"
>"Sure, I'll take twenty"
>The guy just bought 20 boxes of 9mm rounds from you for 2000$
>Word goes around town
>People use all their dollars to buy your ammo
>Become a millionare
>"Hehe, screwed those morons real good"
>Stomach crumbles
>Deside to buy food, since you're a millionare
>Nobody wants your cash
>tfw you find out that even foreing currency became useless months ago
>Die of starvation
>Somebody uses all your cash to wipe their ass and start a fire

Attached: 1526772371246.png (482x427, 79K)

My entire prepper stash consists of
>a bunch of 500mL bottles of water
>MREs for 2 weeks
>2500 rounds assorted ammo
>AA and AAA batteries out the ass
>GMRS + ham radio (both can run on AA batteries)
>maps, compass, GPS
>toilet paper to last until the end of time

critique me

Unlimited premium tp? Excellent, you're all set on the commodity trading front.

Attached: tumblr_inline_pale8k2HYh1syufbw_540.jpg (540x330, 61K)

What happens if there is an EMP or solar flare?

then I use my backup semaphore flags

This is pretty fuckin obscure.

Every wooden house with electric wiring catches fire and burns to the ground.
Government buildings may burn too, depending on the scale and power of the solar flare.
EMP will be localized so its hit or miss.
Solar flares are vary rare and outliers but will happen given enough time. EMP less so its not a weapon of choice for nations that have the ability.

>>toilet paper to last until the end of time
Good, good. Everybody always forgets the simple stuff. Add a sharp metal trowel to dig shitters and you're gold.

What do you use to wipe your ass in shtf, since tp isn't gonna last forever.

>Every wooden house with electric wiring
Why are American homes so poorley constructed?

Our medieval ancestors typically used a sponge -- as in an actual sea sponge -- on a stick.

A handful of wet sand also works in a pinch, I've found.

I sure hope that sponge is not used multiple times by many people throught the years.

I'd probably use leaves and moss.

Attached: 1529955916374s.jpg (250x131, 4K)

What can I say, it's a niche.