Is there any advantage to having a spring assisted/switchblade knife over a regular folding knife you can just flick...

Is there any advantage to having a spring assisted/switchblade knife over a regular folding knife you can just flick open? For EDC/work, not specifically self defense.

Attached: l_italian-9-inch-switchblade-knife-dark-horn-bayonet.jpg (496x500, 19K)

No.

I bought almost that exact same Frank b last month and as I was closing it a piece of metal inside snapped in half and flew out. So no. They're pieces of unreliable shit.

On the contrary. Switchblades have very poor geometry.

uh yeah, its cooler, more intimidating, and fun to fuck around with

Not really.
Depending on the blade type, no?

I would die of laughter if I saw someone EDC a switchblade.

Very intimidating now let me show you my pistola familia

As long as your target doesn't have a Razorback, what's the difference?

Attached: steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_168784119_preview.jpg (400x400, 44K)

>over a regular folding knife you can just flick open?
does burgerland not have regulations for those? not to say it's a bad thing if they're legal

I've had one that could do that with minimal force, it was the best goddamn thing until I lost it. finding one that doesn't have a deliberate feature to make flicking open harder in leafland is a pain in the ass

Auto opening knives (real switchblades) where the blade is spring loaded are illegal, however we do have legal "assisted opening knives" which do the same shit, go figure.

All garbage. Big pain in the ass to clean.
>burgerland
For the most part the only common law across states is can't "conceal" knives that are over 10" (or around that). Some state and local law prohibits a longer blade lengths (usually 3.5") and assisted opening knives.

I used to be a big fan of switchblades/stilettos for the cool guy factor. But after going through a bunch of bad to mediocre ones I realized they aint shit. Still cool, bit aint shit.

You can own real switchblades no problem in a lot of states. Concealing (carrying in a pocket) them is a different thing.

I EDC a Benchmade Infidel. The fact that I can one-hand deploy and retract the blade is super fucking bad ass and extremely helpful if my other hand is full. Can’t really do that with an assisted opening knife.

Real switchblades are legal in a lot of states.
They're cooler and more fun, you lose nothing to a regular blade except they're harder to maintenance and also way more expensive for a decent one.
Decent ones are piranha, boker ak74, microtech, benchmade

Check your local laws, but I don’t see a big deal if it’s gonna just do the same stuff as a pen knife or a Swiss army tool. Check out some non-spring options if it’s illegal where you live that have the retro vibe, if that’s your bag. Douk douks are fun, and I’m a big fan of these Mercator knives.

Attached: 060E0124-998E-4F2E-9D07-B00E4829F756.jpg (450x450, 16K)

Same I carry the mini when out and not working a 400 buckaroo knife isn't good for working. It's also extremely convenient action and smooth as a 9 year olds twat.

>smooth as a 9 year olds twat

You're not funny. Seriously kill yourself.

You can carry any sized knife even switchblades legally in Texas. Including swords.

Oooooo some one was molested as a child lol

>any advantage?
It's easier for the cops to charge you with a felony?

Nah, it wasn't even the content of your "joke". Its just fucming stuoud and unfunny. Quit trying to be edgy bucko

Sorry I had a stroke but you get the idea, faggot. Kill yourself

auto knives are easier to open one handed by default. They do offer an advantage but it's not a huge one.

If they have a razorback just double tap em with the revolver