Why do the walls of a 1911 barrel look so much thinner than the walls of a 9mm glock barrel?

Why do the walls of a 1911 barrel look so much thinner than the walls of a 9mm glock barrel?

Attached: 1515298907035.jpg (320x320, 19K)

PSI

Attached: 2F909F71-6679-4A9C-B863-638B829C4424.jpg (496x512, 46K)

>Operate a machine without training
>Get upset when you fuck up, misuse it and get injured

Attached: DF6C42D8-91BA-4CB6-82C5-B28AA471F937.jpg (640x414, 68K)

>fags can safely operate the gun but you can't

kek

Ooooooooooooooo rekt so fucking hard

because .45 ACP is a pitifully low-pressure cartridge.

What the fuck was glock thinking when they took this shit to a military contract. Jesus.

Outdated, you need to add dick injuries.

Attached: 1528024748029.webm (640x352, 1.51M)

Honestly, a glock 26 slide/barrel with glock19 grip would be pretty rad as an official offering instead of a kit bash.

Did they ever figure out what exactly happened? In all honesty not looking for
>glawk brand
Just curious if it was the holster or maybe fabric got down in the trigger well?

Because glockshave plastic barrels duh.

They look thinner because they are thinner

They weren't.

Pistol is perfect. There is nothing you can do to improve it.

Stupid American Army is too stupid to realize that you can't change Perfection (TM)

Oh you poor sweet child. You know that's not the actual M17 trials pistol, right?

That gal seriously knew her shit. Gloved up and ready to help in less than five seconds.

Doesnt need a thicc barrel. .45 is lower pressure. It's a subsonic round. It would just needlessly add more material

Why? You get the worst of all world's. Shorter sight radius, and a longer grip making it harder to conceal?

>than the walls of a 9mm glock barrel?

Attached: index.jpg (190x266, 7K)

As others have said .45 is a much lower pressure round. If you are curious what pressures different rounds peak at look up "SAAMI" pressures. Those are the official standards rounds are loaded to. .45 is 100+ year old round. Metallurgy wasn't as advanced back then so rounds weren't loaded to as high pressure as modern rounds. .45 ACP +P is still lower pressure than many modern rounds.

Attached: Saami_Pressure.jpg (747x1335, 344K)

If you are trying to make a glocknade joke, it wasn't the walls of the barrel that failed on glocks. It was the fact the bullet casing wasn't fully supported by the barrel which resulted in the walls of the bullet casing blowing out where they had no support. The barrels didn't fail, the bullet casing fails.

honestly wonder if it was a slide fire, when he bent down pressure on the gun forcing it to fire

Attached: rs-179679-5969_TR_RS_MINAJ_MANSON_01_028_V1B_cmyk.jpg (551x310, 28K)

This

I would rather just load an extended mag that has more grip built into the mag than have a gun with a permanently longer grip. This way you have the flexibility of having a compact gun when you want it and more capacity when you want it. Much better than being stuck with the huge grip and not having the option for a smaller grip for concealment.

Attached: xgrip_for_glock_compact_full_size_17_19_22_23_magazine_sleeve_magazines_mags_clip_clips_2__68201.136 (230x210, 17K)

Are you upset because I'm correct?

And in case you think I'm some glock fanboi I don't own any glock products. Most of my handguns are S&W.

I guess my point is why didn't they just introduce a standard glock with a few mods one of which is a manual safety. Also the color they introduced if ducking horrendous. It's honestly like they didn't even want the contract.