I want an oldschool looking snubnose .38 that can fire high pressure ammo. What do you lads reccomend?

I want an oldschool looking snubnose .38 that can fire high pressure ammo. What do you lads reccomend?

Attached: Colt_Detective_Special.jpg (383x256, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-36-classics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you don’t mind the size, and old school snubby s&w k frame. As long as it is all steel and was made after they started marking model numbers (early to mid 50s), it can fire +p no problem

U can get a used smith j frame for not too much and snag some grips that look like ur pic related and it will be pretty close looking

smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-36-classics

>Hillary hole

Doesn't affect function, might not bother OP as much it does diehard Smithfags

The owners manual for my s&w .38 has a table that shows which models are rated for .38 +p and which aren't. Or you can just get a .357 and shoot .38 or .38+p out of it and still have the option for the power of .357 if you want it.

Like this maybe?

Attached: Snapchat-1883402838.jpg (1152x2048, 535K)

>snubnose .38 that can fire high pressure ammo
Why? Do you think 200fps is going to make a huge difference? Just get a .357 mag snubbie.

>Do you think 200 fps is gonna make a difference?

Yes, because it makes it harder to dodge the bullet.

>He doesn't slice the bullet in half with a sword
*Laughs in Japanese*

Honestly any gain in power is nice for .38. It is a weak round. So while .38 +p isn't great, it's better than .38.

>doesn't just slice the Japanese in half

*laughs in bullet*

>Doesn't just Japanese the bullet in half
*Laughs in sword*

You win

>doesn't affect function
wrong.

J-frame owner here, can confirm, it bothers me a lot.

Like, honestly, how many j-frames were produced without hillary-holes? millions of them.

There is no real reason to choose a brand new j-frame over an older model, you can either buy mint examples from the 80's and 90's, or older more used models and just refurbish them to like-new condition.

To be fair, they do make some J-Frame models today without the lock

not the model 36, right?

smith and wesson model 36, or some of the newer models

also, charter arms off duty and under cover have that classic look, and will be a bit cheaper

Attached: smith and wesson cheifs special.jpg (550x354, 34K)

sadly, no

sad.

I want to try one of the hammer-less airweights, even if that means having a hillary hole.

i have one with a hillary hole and it is a great pistol

t. commiefornian

the hammerless models like the 642 and 442 are the two that have no lock versions

Charter Arms
Tarsus