Does anyone here own one of these, or at the very least handled one? I've heard mixed reviews on them...

does anyone here own one of these, or at the very least handled one? I've heard mixed reviews on them, but I've honestly wanted one for a long time.

Attached: il_570xN.1139032000_zvpe.jpg (570x378, 36K)

I own one. It doesn't replace a camp knife in the woods, its only for stabbing. It's a stiletto. If you want to use it as a work knife you're stupid. If you want to murder people or open letters you're set. Its nice in the hand but pretty useless to own.

Glock 81 reporting in

Attached: 1200px-Feldmesser81_BK.jpg (1200x900, 347K)

I actually have this exact replica of the fairbane-sykes knife. Mine is all black, same case, but its made of very brittle steel. Copped for a few bucks. If you really want a good version look around and do some research on them. A decent steel brass repro can be as cheap as 25 bucks. fun little piece of history be only for killing/letter opening as stated above.

>mixed reviews on them
They get a 10/10 for stabbing people in the ribs and neck from behind. They're a 0/10 if you use them for everything they weren't made for.

>I've heard mixed reviews on them
What exactly are you planning on using it for? As other people have said, it's not a field knife. Which is why they aren't really a thing anymore, because nobody wants to carry a knife for stabbing people and a separate knife for actually doing knife things, given that a regular knife is already good enough for stabbing people. It's the perfect execution of an idea that isn't all that great.

Wrong unit, faggot.

OP here, I know its designed simply for killing. what I meant about mixed reviews is the quality of the blade, they're often off centre, and will break or bend very easily. I've also heard the sheath is absolute shit

take this one for example, look how crooked the blade looks in relation to the handle, otherwise I already would've bought it

Attached: dssvc.jpg (1600x1412, 288K)

> They get a 10/10 for stabbing people in the ribs and neck from behind. They're a 0/10 if you use them for everything they weren't made for.

Pretty much this. That's all they're good for. Have a need to murder people and are sure they'll never see you? Okay.

If you still want to murder people, you probably want a push dagger instead. At least that way if they turn and face you, you aren't fucked.

Or just get a work knife.

They're just not very good at it, except for a very specific style of killing. If you want to LARP SAS, go ahead and get one.

If I were you though and I didn't have one already, I'd be trying to find a Gerber LHR or old Mark II.

I have one, carried it for quite some time inna west-european nightlife. Pulled it out once too. I love the knife, it has a nasty feel to it. I fucked mine by closing the closet right onto the tip of the knife, bending the tip. It costed 35eur and was made in Sheffield, England.

Like all of these anons have said, it’s good for stabbing people, especially those who don’t know you’re there. There are better options for knife-fighting, so it’s really good in the company of a firearm.

>They're a 0/10 if you use them for everything they weren't made for.

Mine was proficient at assigned paperweight tasks. It also demonstrated acceptable competence as a doorstop.

>paperweight tasks
that's what my balisong is for, and one handed letter opening.

That tip will break, guaranteed...

so in conclusion. this is nothing but a poorly made paperweight, with a cool history and a weak tip?

>I've heard mixed reviews on them
Specifically which maker? Because there are plenty of garbage ones out there, Windlass is probably the best F-S repro under $100.

nowill and sons in particular

Yeah those seem really hit & miss and I'd avoid them. Back when I was thinking about getting an F-S I saw 2 of those in YT reviews and both reviewers said they were returning them.

such a shame, it's something I'd really like to own. I just cant justify dropping $250AU + on a decent one

Attached: 1524037656362.jpg (634x804, 165K)

Nobody seems to be fond of this beauty

Attached: b9b94247261caee13a5806b014b.jpg (602x278, 29K)

I've got a german one with a horn handle that I found in a bag full of gear in a trash can. Pretty sure some dumb cunt got mad at her ex and tossed his gear bag. had everything but the body armor and the firearms in it.

I have an original WW2 third pattern F-S, I have nothing to add that hasn't been said already. I'd post pics but I'm on my work computer. They do feel great in the hand, but they are made for fighting and nothing else.

Attached: 1491356581305.jpg (500x375, 51K)