What went so right in here? Literally the best riffle cartridge

What went so right in here? Literally the best riffle cartridge.

Attached: 147885i_ts.jpg (1154x1154, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/m16a2/ammunition-types-and-char.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They kept the projectile simple, and prioritized its effect on a soft target.

The cartridge itself is inferior to 5.56, but the projectiles are outlandish "multipurpose" bullshit.

That's not a 6.5x55mm

Happy accidents. That's pretty much all there is to say.

You misspelled 7.5 x 55

>here
Pretend for one moment that not everyone on Jow Forums has autism to the extent that they've memorized rifle cartridge profiles.

>Riceniggers
>doing stuff right

7x55 is Swiss. The Arisaka is 7.7×58mm.

>he hasn't memorized rifle cartridge profiles

Attached: 1526590918307.jpg (326x326, 24K)

Pretty sure it's 5.45x39

The Russian were always very good at discriminating good ideas and reimplementing it better/more tailored to their uses. See their subguns, the SKS, 7.62x39, and the AK (answers to and lessons learned from the Suomi and the Winter War, M1 Garand, 8mm Kurz and some of the early Czech intermediate experiments, and the Sturmgewher). Once the Russian heard about 5.56 they spent a good long time designing something similar, but better. Its lighter, lower recoiling, built around a gun with a shorter barrel (16") and the bullet was designed to complement the case (higher BC to compensate for lower muzzle velocity) and perform more effectively against soft flesh by tumbling a longer bullet instead of fragmenting. It took forever for them to design (over 10 years), but it paid off.

Didn't take forever to design. Fedrerov had already designed it in about 4 years around 1920.
It took forever for the politicians in charge to see how useful it could be.

google says grabcad says it's 5.45x39mm

>Literally the best riffle cartridge
That's a weird looking .243 Winchester.

It's 5.45x39

But that's not .224 Valkyrie

That’s not M855A1.

I like that 300winmag AR those weirdos built, the one with the carbon fiber barrel.

Sorry 224V a shit 6mmAR a best

>irrelevent niche round

>6mmAR
I'm sorry, is that one supersonic past 1400 yards?

Yes.
It is nigga.

224V
90gr Vld ~.550 g1 iirc at 2750fps ish

6mmAR 108gr ~.550 g1 at 2800fps can be pushed to 2850.

Reloading components are much cheaper for match grade 6mmAR aswell, + you can get lapua brass.

>swiss
>riceniggers
u wot m8

>.243
>inferior in every way to any 6.5mm cartridge
???

I think you meant 5.8x42
>fere da dragoon pale skein

Attached: C04F9240-953C-4AF1-B0AB-7B04A2E3D1F8.png (500x375, 155K)

>in every way
Which one are you more likely to find at Wal-Mart?

Sadness and stereotypes?

>shopping for ammo at qalmart
>not having >10,000 rounds already stockpiled
Honestly, what are you doing with yourself, user?

Get out

Attached: 1528099944311.jpg (480x426, 17K)

Its parent case didn't even exist until the 40's.

Love u Jow Forums
shoot or lurk mor fagot

Pathetic

Attached: 1522531096244.png (642x792, 317K)

Attached: seriously-gif-.gif (220x171, 86K)

lurk moar, dipshit

Look at this user who can't recognize an incredibly generic cartridge profile next to nothing to get even a vague idea of its size and laugh
Here's one of my super epic reaction faces

Attached: 1391452487556.jpg (211x203, 40K)

>incredibly generic

Attached: lolr.gif (480x228, 499K)

>rimless
>not belted
>not hugely tapered
>pretty standard bottleneck
Yes, incredibly generic.
Sorry I hurt your feelings, vatnik noguns.

Mmmmmmmaybe suck mah dik?

Attached: IMG_20171005_072714.jpg (3264x2448, 3.04M)

Then I shouldn't have to tell you that.

The shape is incredibly specific, and the round itself is prolific enough to be known far and wide.

Mr. Noguns who can't even identify a commonplace round.

You'd have a point if it had something next to it to know what size it is.
And I have nine guns.

Honestly agreed. The 5.56's real Achilles' heel is that it performs like the proverbial icepick out of short barrels, whereas the 5.45 does great out of something like an AKS-74U.

That said, if you live in the US the 5.56 is still the better option, just due to brass cases actually existing, a much wider selection of bullet choices, and perhaps most importantly, zero vulnerability to import laws.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Trump or someone went after Wolf, Tula, or the Color+Animal brands because of "muh Russia." With China already banned, virtually all Warsaw pact cartridges will become uneconomical to use. Fuck paying 50 cents a round for brass cased 7.62x39 when I can get 7.62 NATO for around the same price.

>You'd have a point if it had something next to it to know what size it is.

Okay, imagine a picture of your penis. We don't need to have a size comparison to tell it's a small caliber.

Not an argument

Attached: 1403631787881.jpg (430x602, 67K)

Neither is yours you moron, since it's shaped so specifically you can instantly tell what it is.

That is if you're not an inexperienced milktooth noguns.

>it's shaped so specifically
Sorry I don't have calipers that work with pictures on the internet.

its proportions are extremely similar to a whole bunch of ~6.5mm rifle rounds

Examples?

Its a modern cartridge that isn't a wildcat or opportunistic kludge, thats all. The BC is the most obvious part.

he hasn't memorized the profile of the most well rounded and aesthetically pleasing cartridge

>The 5.56's real Achilles' heel is that it performs like the proverbial icepick out of short barrels, whereas the 5.45 does great out of something like an AKS-74U.

These kind of statements really highlight the ignorance of people who think 5.45 outperforms 5.56.

Shut up, lurk more faggot. Everyone and their mother knows that the 5.45 is better than the 5.56 out of an assault rifle in typical combat scenarios. M885 is known to blow straight through people even out of a 16in past 150yds.

Attached: Military Assault Rifle Wounds.jpg (586x750, 80K)

5.45 sucks ass from short barrels,small powder capacity in a small bullet loses velocity really fast, even 7.62 is better

>M855 is the only 5.56 load

Thank you for proving my point.

I wonder if you even understand what that graphic indicates.

Bullet tumble/fragmentation per centimeter. Can't read can you? hence why i said lurkmore.
M855A1 is being phased into full time use. I don't think we are using it full time all the time for it to be really relevant unless a major happening happens. Haven't heard much good about it either.

Thats why the ak74u was such a failure

HAHAHAHA, Cute.

>Pic Related, true master round

Attached: tumblr_opts9kX65y1vdqfjoo1_1280.jpg (604x423, 86K)

I'm a relatively new gun guy so forgive me but...isn't this a 7.62*39? I keep seeing other calibers and I can't tell if meming or serious for some of you Anons.

>Also my favorite despite my limited experience.

>Ak74 was such a failure
>Russia still uses the 5.45 as their main round

Pick one
*le Tips Fedora*

the ak74 shoots it pal
this is elementary guns

Huh, that's not 7.62x51 user. I think you may be confused.

>can't fucking read
>spouts an unrelated meme
Fuck off my board

9x39 is the GOAT round desu

Your so new you can't even tell sarcasm when you see it. just stop posting for awhile.

He said 74u, which it was in a sense. The sights are terrible and it's just too light to shoot well. 5.45 is fine and does well out of short barrels though

*Tips Le Fagdora*

You two are fucking mormons

>Bullet tumble/fragmentation per centimeter. Can't read can you? hence why i said lurkmore.

Meaning you don't actually understand what is being depicted.

>M855A1 is being phased into full time use. I don't think we are using it full time all the time for it to be really relevant unless a major happening happens. Haven't heard much good about it either.

M855A1, which isn't the only non M855 round in use, has been in 'full time' use for nearly a decade. I am dubious you have actually heard anything about it giving how little you appear to have looked into the matter.

OP's image is 5.45x39

>don't actually understand what is being depicted
Its the internal wound profiles of an individual bullet type as it travels through ballistic gel. WHICH is caused by the tumbling, Yawing and Fragmentation of each respected BULLET.
>M855A1, which isn't the only non M855 round in use.
Just shut the fuck up. You don't know shit about what you are talking about. There is ONLY 1 M855. There is the new M855A1, which is the replacement of the aforementioned round. But from what my understanding is, It has only been deployed in Afghanistan a couple years back, besides that its been used on training ranges from what I know.

armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/m16a2/ammunition-types-and-char.shtml

>look at cartridge
> aaah 5.45?
> see
> uhum... perhaps that chink cartridge?
I didn't know that there are people who think it's autistic to have memorized cartridge profiles

What we really need is a graph showing wound profile at varying velocities for each bullet type, obviously at max velocity the 5.56 is a man stopper but i'd be curious to see how well it stacks up at inflicting wounds in comparison to other common rounds

I'm assuming this is M193 from way back in the Nam era

Attached: 1528956450457.jpg (600x595, 70K)

if we could get proper mil spec 5.45 loads in the states it would shit all over 5.56.

t.5.56akowner

Attached: 1505601528296.jpg (450x450, 33K)

You still have yet to show you understand what the results of the testing mean.

Attached: bait_image_9.jpg (625x626, 72K)

This dude didn't know that was 5.45....holy shit.

Attached: 1528258463978.png (290x254, 110K)

This retard didn't know either

Attached: 1528351019028m.jpg (1024x776, 122K)

What does the dark region of the wound channels mean?

Poopy
That's the poo filled part of the wound