Anyone into Skeet Shooting?

Anyone into Skeet Shooting?
What gun do you use?

Perazzi MX2000S with pistol grip here

Attached: pewpew.png (597x600, 900K)

I just shoot trap with my Auto-5 lel

I do with a regular remington 870. I don't have the money for a $2k+ over under, goddammit.

oooooh a dane... what are the gun laws like over there, could one own a handgun or a semi automatic?

Sounds fun, if only we were allowed guns like that here

Absolutely astrocious.
Yes you may own one, but you can not store ammunition at home, and you must first have been a member of a certified club for two years before you can be licensed to a handgun, then you need a certified gun locker that must be bolted into the wall

so you can't store ammo for any gun at home?

I suppose for some guns.
There are different rules for rifles used for hunting i suppose, it's a little convuluted since there are different ways of obtaining different permits for different guns.
I was permitted mine by the clubleader basically saying "Yeah you're alright, sign here and mail this to the police." But this only permits me to this gun alone and only for skeet shooting, i'm not allowed to go hunting for example.

thats shit. have you ever considered getting into target shooting

Well. Almost.
I have taken quite a liking to sporting clays.
I shoot with a simple, stock Merkel 201e with double triggers, fixed half/full chokes, straight sporting stock with German cheekpiece
Manual safety, boxlocks, reinforced steel lockbox with game scene engraving and Double Greener locking mechanism. Very nice, slim foreend as well.
The damned thing points like a piece of my arm.
I'm more of a hunter, though.

Attached: Merkel.jpg (1742x288, 123K)

I've done a bit of it while serving my "compulsory military service".
Pretty good at it, best shot in my unit at 200 meters. Also decent with 22. and 9mm. I would love to get really into it, But don't have the time or funds for it at the moment.

Feel the same way with my MX2000, damn luxurious gun, other people who have tried it are often sad to go back to their own gun again.
I'm curious about double triggers though, don't they hinder you?

The rules probably aren't quite as stringent as "real" skeet competition at my small town range, but I always use my vepr12. I usually hover in the 20-23/25 range.
I have the pouch in pic related hanging at my right hip and the strap slung over my left shoulder. I can easily reload mags one handed down there while I walk and have 4shells in the top 2 mags for the outside stations, and 2 in the bottom 2 mags for the middle stations.
I do sporting clays and trap with it too. Chokes are a must for either of those, and my 3 choke set sits nicely in the pouch pockets.

Attached: P1060596.jpg (1920x2560, 2.38M)

I've had quite a few people come up to me and ask about the triggers.
Many seem to have problems with them, but I guess I just got used to them. I don't even knowingly move my finger. It just slides past the front one.
What I love about them is the ability to quickly and reliably choose what barrel I want to fire.

I used to shoot skeet every weekend and would average a 23. Considered getting really serious and getting into competition but work/life got in the way.

I shot two rounds last week for the first time in a few months and shot 22 both games. I plan on getting back into it soon.

I shoot a Beretta 686 White Onyx Sporting in 12ga.

Pic related was my Franchi Instinct 20ga but I have since sold it.

Saving for a Beretta Silver Pigeon V in 20ga

Attached: ATF3.jpg (480x640, 127K)

where do you live? I have shot at 4 different clubs in the south east and none would allow something like this lol

not only that, but you would look like a bafoon shooting skeet with something like that no offense

While your gun and methods are an absolute insult to the sport, i think it sounds fun as fuck, would love to try it.

Interesting, i'm not hating on it, though i see it mostly like a neat little novelty kind of thing. But if the finger positioning is not even noticeable to you then there's no real drawback.
Me being unfamiliar with it though, i would fiddle and get distracted by it too much i think.
I can select the barrel with a small switch on the top of mine, though it's not something that can be done mid firing, what advantage does it give you? I always just shoot bottom first.

Just a really small town in rural MN, on any given day less than 10 people probably show up and we often trade off shooting a few rifles and handguns before everyone gets there.
It's super fun, which is the only reason I normally shoot. I'm just there to blast clays and chat with the guys for an hour or 3 after we quit.
Everywhere I've been, everyone always assumes I'm going to shoot like shit with that gun, but then I keep up with them just fine unless they're actually a serious shooter.

Since the gun has fixed half/full chokes, I need to pay attention to the barrels when hunting, since I don't want a rabbit completely peppered with pellets.
It's also quite nice for shooting unknown doubles in sporting clays. When I get an incomer I can quickly change barrels without breaking the swing.
Another thing it's got going for itsself is basically having 2 guns in your hands. Most single triggers I know switch barrels by inertia and this way, if you have a bad shell, you cannot fire the second shot. With the double trigger I just reach a little further back and still have one shell. I guess it's highly unlikely, but I like the extra reliability.

Definitely see the advantage in reliability.
I had a malfunction twice that caused both barrels to fire at once. Never figured out what it was, but there's 50/50 split opinion saying that it was either gun malfunction or shooter error. I supposedly held my finger on the trigger in such a way, that the recoil from the first shot made my finger hit the trigger, instantly firing the second shot.
Seems unlikely to me though.
Gave one hell of a kick, a bruised shoulder and a loud ass bang, half the range came over to see what the hell happened haha.

That must have hurt a fair bit.
Although I've heard accounts from Safari hunters whose .375s and even .470s doubled on them.
That has to put a man on his arse fair and square.

Sent the barrel skywards and made me take a step backwards.
And holy shit, i would be nervous to shoot just a single nitro express.
Two of those unexpectedly, well i would probably get knocked on my ass and then need to cuddle a teddybear for the rest of the day or something.