Realistically, how can a civilian like me train for a combat situation...

Realistically, how can a civilian like me train for a combat situation? I'm well aware of the Dunning-Kruger Effect and don't want to end up like a Star Trek redshirt.
Obviously, there's
>git gud at shooting
>physical training
But what else? And I have ADHD and Aspergers, so how can I wrangle my retardation?

Attached: BqtkF.jpg (520x759, 59K)

Army manuals are unclassified. Just look them up and practice small-unit tactics with some >friends.

obtain training from an expert

Attached: 1529893598878.jpg (1280x1920, 679K)

But OP doesn't have friends, best he can do is pretend to be operating.

>not seeing the implication arrow

Shot up a school, it's easy training and XP.
The worst that could happen would be that you getting a job in the CIA and getting actual training

>Realistically, how can a civilian like me train for a combat situation?

You can't. Any squad with combat training will fuck you hard. That's the way it works.

Yeah but there's a high chance of triggering the "Prison" event, which can really set your character back.
I recommend just obtaining training manuals, and meeting up with some other players to practice.
I doubt anything will prepare you for true combat, although your chance of getting PK'ed isn't that high anymore now that the US faction isn't as involved with Afghanistan invasion event, it should be noted it's still a possibility.

Op here
>mfw you described my life

Attached: download.jpg (199x254, 12K)

Kek

Attached: nope-avi-entry-cover.jpg (211x211, 33K)

Combat training is best found by doing time in the military, you just cant get the right amount of drilling and push necessary in the civilian world, and even then militaries across the world can struggle to train their men properly for combat because it's just one of them things that's real hard to imitate without having an actual threat to life. I'd say a good thing to do if you serious is read and study little firefights and incidents through out modern wars that are well documented, and maybe look at some POV Firefight videos etc. as it might give you a better understanding how people react to combat and see some of the mistakes they made that got them killed and what not or in turn helped them live. If your looking to do section level tactics then I guess you could read some books about them, but its best to get stuck in to it out in a field with an instructor who knows what he's talking about, whcih i'd say is near impossible as a civi. Thing is its just really hard to pin down and understand what kind of scenario you will actually come up against as a civilian that this kind of training would be beneficial for, which makes it hard to practice and drill for.

Attached: 1512033144395.jpg (1400x924, 128K)

Practice stress drills for shooting. A lot of people just go the range, sit down, and shoot at stationary targets for an hour or two. If you can find range space (BLM land is always solid), practice shooting targets on the move. Practice shooting targets on a timer. Literally combine your physical training and shooting. One of my friends literally used to do burpees while transitioning between shooting positions to increase his heart rate.

>BLM land is always solid
user, are you trying to get me to start a race riot?

Attached: GrvpTEb.jpg (1414x900, 374K)

Lol.

Try and have someone yelling at you while you run and shoot. It's not much but it helps.

Military training breaks you then builds you. Civilians will never have that. You need to be tempered and hardened.

Any youtube footage of a DI going ballistic I can use to project on myself?

2GM matches or whatever Ian and Karl go to.

No because you know it’s a computer and they can’t do anything to you if you fuck up

Touche

OP why don't you have friends? Where are you located at?

Paint Ball is NOT the answer, as it teaches all the wrong lessons. Go hang out with veterans and listen a lot more than talk. Read a LOT about teh topic (read The Last Stand of Fox Company), and above all, read The last 100 Yards, by H.J. Poole.

>not synergizing the "getaway" + "distraction bombing" abilities to minimize "getting caught" event chances

I rather agree with this. It's just the conditions and structure of a military that can't be recreated really in a civilian environment. It sounds like bull shit but people really crave discipline. Even if it's just to try to resist it so they feel clever trying to skirt some of it. It's the weirdest freaking thing and I really don't understand the thought processes behind it. Most combat stuff is honestly kind of boring planning things. I guess more of it is sort of a difference between strategy and tactics. You can pick up lots of tactics outside the military, but not so much strategy.

There's a lot of stupid shit in this thread.

There have been a great many successful defensive shootings by the non-military crowd and several prominent professional shooters of men with no military background.

That said, I'm going to add in two cents as a welfare queen (Ar-mee), former security faggot, firearms aficionado, and participant in two three DGU who has been shooting for 19 years.

You need a crawl, walk, run training model.

Your crawl stage should be fundamentals. If you're already a decent shooter, this is where you fine tune. If you're already in shape, this is where you reset the clock towards practical OR. If you're neither of those, this is where you're gonna build it. You should not leave this stage until you can shoot better than before and with minimal effort string beautiful groups from all of the main positions and conduct PT without dying.
Integrate SPORTS and basic medical into this stage.

The walk stage is where you get more advanced. Here, you start shooting APQC's, FBI Quals and Alt-C Quals as a warm-up on the range before working on coming from the holster, three-position drills, ready-ups, failure-to-stop drills alternating your third shot between the face and the groin on different iterations. At the end of this stage, start throwing in PT and reloads and transitions. Your PT away from the range at this time should be getting pretty brutal as well. Start inducing static range weapons failures and clearing them and practicing self and buddy aid. Break 100 meters.

The run phase is where you start to integrate more speed. This is where you're doing barricade shoots, disruptive positions, stress-fires, move-and-shoot, get off the X, reloads stationary, on the move, and in disruptive positions. This is the stage where you should be able to draw and shwack an entire steel range. If you've never broken the 250-300 meter mark, do it now. Integrate weapons failure drills into these hot and heavy iterations.
Master medical.

Thanks user, you da real MVP. Have a (You) and a warm op-hug

Attached: 1522180318866.png (800x903, 469K)

Well, I have friends, but most of them are normies who don't share my Jow Forums-related autism. One, arguably my closest friend, is a former Marine POG who is into guns. He says we should go shooting, but we never follow up on the offer.

Thanks, sorry about the typos. If you need to clarify the acronyms anywhere or phrases, give it a Google or ask, I'll be in here for a minute.

get used to being afraid of dying

>be Drill Sarge, E6, getting out after next cycle
>current cycle graduated, have 4 days off
>like screaming at privates, but hate waking up at 0400 and not seeing my kids
>browse Jow Forums Jow Forums thread since being a DS makes it almost impossible to browse
>see this thread
>see fag OP ask if computer DI would help for stress shoots
>realize I could be a rent-a-drill for fags who wanna do high speed shit
>mfw

Attached: a211dbe9b66626a89a33e9fd9bc1590e.gif (320x240, 52K)

Rabbit hunting can help. Trains you to make quick shots suddenly at ranges from about 3 to a hundred meters and you can use an AR if you want.

>hire former army guy to help me with shooting
>screams at me to drink water

Attached: 1514486146386.png (460x587, 145K)

Look whatever they call “cowardly”, it will show what they are actually afraid of an individual doing.

well shit, OP probably doesn't drink a whole lotta water and is a fat body. He needs to push for awhile and drink water before he can go operate.

Only if they know where you are and can get there

How can I keep myself in shape during OSUT so I don't get fucked up at SOPC and SFAS?

>Hydrate, marine :^)

We have PMCs, why not have Rent-a-Gunnys?
>here, skullfuck my soul for shekels
Sounds like a business plan Senpai

I drink plenty of water. I'm 6'2", 230lbs (fatter than I want to be but I run 2 miles and swim regularly)

Some instructors are already rent-a-gunnys
I can tell you right now it fucking works
My times dropped in fucking half after my first class in '08

>My times dropped
Explain this pls

How much would you charge for a weekend camp trip with a small group of people to become a DS for?
What's mandatory?

>ADHD & Aspie
Do not help this retard shoot up his highschool

Honestly?

Work two full times while being a single parent. That’s probably the only scenario that closely reproduces the stress and exhaustion you would feel in an actual combat scenario.

t. infantry welfare queen

Work out

>And I have ADHD and Aspergers, so how can I wrangle my retardation?

Wow, another aspiring assburger soldier-wannabe, really?

That makes sense. I will find my fellow pt bros and do jail house fitness with them at night then.

To be fair, a lot of veterans will tell you that the military (at least the POGs) has plenty of shitbags.

Where are you in the US?

Jailhouse PT is the best PT.

Donwload the Do/k/ument and save money for Blackwater courses

Attached: ee5a52d3dc19e7dd0d33665154bf1dd7.jpg (500x630, 88K)

If you live near a base just pay some guy to yell at you for a few hours and ridicule you for all you do. $20/H sounds reasonable

>ADHD and Aspergers,
Ah, that explains this thread. Sage

Shitbags arent retards though

Let me guess, you've never seen a shot timer in your life.

It's for SHTF. I may have a retarded streak, but I'm smart enough to know that being a mall-ninja won't cut it

They have their place, some can be really smart with technology and problem solving. Attention to detail is also common which can be very useful in an intelligence role.

That's what every aspie says. Don't shoot up your school now.

Nothing to worry about. Everyone I had a grievance with fucked off when we graduated 8 years ago.

The guy who actually does all of the things Jow Forums likes would be decently well off. If someone dedicated themselves to getting and staying fit, spent a good amount of time at the range including "practical" style shooting like in 2/3-gun, played some kind of milsim kill-em-up game like ArmA or Squad with a team to get a basic grasp of tactics, took some basic medical training classes, and spent a good amount of time in the wilderness doing something like hunting or backpacking, then they would probably be "trained" enough to be on par with the global average soldier sans combat experience. But none of that actually prepares a person for being in a situation where people are shooting back, which is the real kicker.

Still, the person doing all those things is probably living pretty decently in their life where they'll never actually get into some fantasy civilian combat situation, so it's a pretty good idea.

You have to have put higher stats than average into INT to plan like that, and seeing as OP is posting here, I'm willing to bet his stats aren't great in the INT department. What you said is correct, but if you manage to escape you get the "Outlaw" debuff which comes with it's own set of problems.

Sage this shit

Attached: 1529917933382s.jpg (125x93, 3K)

Wow, when you put it that way it all sounds so easy!
I wonder why not every combat encounter is played out in a manner where one combantant doesn't know where the enemy is.

Sounds like a great start, user.

Life only provides you with so many opportunities. Train with that guy. Have experiences. One day your life could be in his hands.

Not op, but I'm curious.

Is it because everyone knows they're going home at the end of the day so people move differently / do shit they otherwise wouldn't? If not, what lessons are you referring to?

Checked

>Zeepony in WW1

>And I have ADHD and Aspergers
This is fake illnesses, invented to pump money from people to clinics. Lift up your ass and go train or do something useful.

Nice post. Did not expect this in this thread.

I bet you think vaccines are a placebo

OP speaking.
I never use those as an excuse for anything. I just ran 2 miles this evening and am close to finishing baby's first AR build.

>calls OP a faggot
>uses a thumbnail as an image

Ask if you can spar faggots trying to learn meme tier marshal arts.

>realize I could be a rent-a-drill for fags who wanna do high speed shit

Probably could but you gotta realize that a lot of people won't put up with the bullshit and you have to somehow gather the funds to keep a maintained training environment so it won't be cheap and sure as hell only a few autists with lots of expendable income will bother to fork out the cash but no guarantees they'll stay and keep paying for monthly/yearly sessions. Sure you can just yell at guys and make them run and do pullups but at the end of the day they can just walk off, couldn't do that when you got an enlistment you're obligated to complete

Good potential business plan though, keep working at it