What gun will the Space Force use?

Best gun for use in space

Attached: pak_bolt_ak11-tfb.jpg (565x204, 29K)

Bolt action type 56 is still better than a romanian AK

prove me wrong

small arm recoiless rifles or modernized gyrojet
anything else is fucking stupid

Do bullets work without gravity?????

Airsoft gun with metal projectiles sadly.

Oh look it's this thread again

This thread again? I guess children really do love the familiar and repetitive.

Why

>Romanian AK's are terrible meme.
How can I tell you're a nogunz?

None. Because the Space Force isn’t going to have a Combat arm

I guess this.

Attached: lasergunsoviet001-5.jpg (590x454, 29K)

300 blackout

G11 master race

Attached: image.jpg (700x800, 203K)

>rifle that can't remove heat fast enough to prevent cookoff in atmospheric conditions
>take it to space where there isn't even any air to pull heat out
>rifle goes BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP in one mag

Possibly modern today, or none. I know that the case has 02 for ignition. We talkin Sub Zero Space Vacuum combat, or on another planet similar to Earth? If the former hell naw, but if the ladder then we're set for war.

Theoretically they work even better. Perfect accuracy, no bullet drop, and no wind resistance due to vacuum.

Maybe they will Advanced this concept a little further, it's just a novelty at this point but solid concept for suit to suit combat on paper

Attached: Screenshot_20180625-164711.jpg (1075x599, 462K)

any gun would have to be mounted, although deadly accurate, physics and stuff would mean the recoil would push you away.
>mfw we develop infantry laser rifles to combat this.

What keeps the gun from going backwards instead of pushing the bullet forwards?

Rail rifles. On the drawing board as we post.

The weight of the gun requires more energy to move than the bullet does.

Would the Kriss Vector have any application this way? The recoil system in that would help a lot wouldn't it?

No

momentum. The gun is indeed pushed backwards, but the bullet is a lot lighter so it gets pushed forward much much faster. Especially if the gun is attached to a 200lb human or 200000lb spacecraft.

come back when you're 18, fuckwad

And pay attention in science class.

Thank you for your insightful response, user.

If there is less recoil backwards directly at you, and it's mostly vertical recoil, then that recoil is instead vertical, then that would lessen the problems already discussed here, no? I am aware that you can't get rid of recoil, first law of thermodynamics and all that.

You asked a question, you got an answer.
Now fuck off

Attached: 5D09BEDB672145BBA38C33E6E50AAAF3.jpg (458x522, 84K)

You.

General paint huffing tier question:
Would recoil guns be affected by weightlessness? Springs would be fine, but what about guns that use the weight of the bolt to delay opening?

should be fine as long as you don't limp wrist it, same as on erf

The recoil of something like 5.56 is basically nothing compared to the mass of a person, let alone a person is a heavy-as-fuck space suit with rifle and other gear.
Literally any bracing, foothold or attachment point would negate it, and the NASA jetpack could let you fire your entire load outhalf a dozen times and still have fuel left.
No because its not actually affecting the change in momentum you're receiving. Conservation of momentum says that the momentum you give the bullet (5 grams and 1000m/s one way) has to be cancelled out by the momentum you get (so a few hundred kilos at a really slow speed the other way). There's no getting around it - the recoil system can't push you a different direction without pushing AGAINST something else, and given there isn't anything else in this instance you just get pushed backwards (though very slowly). A muzzle break could help, because its actually throwing gas the otherway to help cancel your momentum though.

Attached: 1475734082429.png (1050x1190, 1.85M)

AKs will be used by space muslims and space trayvons

Attached: AK-47_Knife_Royal_Dragon_3.jpg (1920x735, 133K)

Somthing completely polymer, metal would weld together in the vacuum.

Its really easy to prevent vacuum welding though - passivization, coatings, vacuum rated lubricants, using different metals for contacting parts.
Polymer weapons have an advantage in being light and thus cheap to send up but even then theres no reason to go full retard and try and make things like the barrel and trigger group out of polymer for no reason. I'm not sure polymer would survive the direct sunlight very well either, they make the tools astronauts use shiny for a reason.

so uhh water cooled guns 2.0?

Polymer cased, chrome lined, chrome plated, winter trigger, belt fed, good muzzle break, intermediate caliber, and supressable.

Perfect realistic space rifle. Has the benefit of working perfectly well on planets too.

Depends on the environment man. If you're in actual space, you had better have some sort of recoil-less weapon, or else you are going to have a hard time keeping your aim while you're flying all over the place.

You outweigh a bullet by a lot, you're not "flying all over the place", you're ever so gently wafting such that you might travel from one side of the airlock to the other after if you wait about a minute.

But who takes only 1 shot? A mag dump would get you moving at a good clip

Attached: Weapon-of-Love_1024x1024[1].jpg (1024x1024, 105K)

> A mag dump would get you moving at a good clip
Not really, you'd have to dump 3 full mags in the same direction just to get up to walking speed.

Newton likes to have a word with you

Anything with High Velocity. Also Railguns and Plasma Weaponry

>WASR
Proven wrong nogunz

Yeah but it's -256 degrees Fahrenheit

Does not matter when without air your only method to remove heat is radiating it away.

Make no mistake, things in space will cool off to very low temperatures if given time, but the process is slow. Way slower thatn het buildup in gun (althrough, good thing about gun that gas and brass act as open cycle cooling in a way, removing part of thermal energy by themselves)

Attached: ed80b41b3fd35f701ccb920f5ade3c1a.jpg (500x275, 39K)

At the sort of temperatures firearms run at, about 1/2 the heat is radiated rather than conducted or convected away even in an atmosphere. So the difference in heat dispersal is significant but isn't quite as dramatic as people think it to be.
My guess is this misconception is because the proportion is dependent on the temperature, and it is hard to radiate enough heat to keep a space habitable for humans. But a rifle will be alright at significantly higher temperatures.
I think soldiers could probably deal with 1/2 the firing rate. Not actually 1/2 the mechanical rate of fire but the amount of firing done? Sorry, my English is failing me.

Attached: suit-e1373497572488.jpg (632x473, 87K)

best way to combat that would be adding radiating fins as barrel guards, a la watercooled machine guns.
plus it would add to the a e s t h e t i c of the whole endeavor

That's wrong anyway it's -270 Celsius and -454 Fahrenheit....cold as fuck

They'll use something like this if anything. No one will climb out of a craft or station to fight personally except as a last ditch effort, and only russians would think of bringing guns with their EVA suits.

Craft and stations will use - hold your breath - missiles too. In a thousand years when larger scale battles in space could conceivably happen, you might see point defense lasers.

Attached: pike_body_image01_lg.jpg (2210x1768, 1.73M)

There is gravity in space. "Zero gravity" as we call it is basically a state of free-falling in which gravity is the only force acting on your body.

>modernized Gyrojet
Like a rocket propelled munition that is fired from the weapon in a traditional manner to get it up to velocity immediately?

Attached: Bolter1.jpg (750x459, 123K)

>40k fag pls go

>you will never be the worlds first Space Sniper, picking off chinks from the sky

When can I join Space Force, and what will it be like?

Attached: 61CA73B1-A83F-49EF-9462-CE36F6801C5F.jpg (1200x1178, 172K)