How wet should you run a milspec ar 15?

How wet should you run a milspec ar 15?

Attached: R14M4-7A4T-L.jpg (3374x1170, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9bOT_d60LM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

drench that shit
all the excess will fly or burn off after the first mag anyways leaving only what you need

Light coating between the bolt and BCG suffices.

Most military firing lines have some stupid think-they-know-it-all NCO who will absolutely flood a rifle with CLP. That can can more problems than it solves. If you have a rifle constantly malfunctioning the level of lub isn’t the culprit. 9 out of 10 times with military rifles shitty old mags are the root cause of the problem.

You should lightly grease everything except the FCG pins.

After a day of shooting, how should I clean the gas tube?

You don't.

Don’t worry about it.

light coating.
anything more will just attract carbon and other buildup.

Don’t fuck with it.

Really? Not even a long ass pipecleaner? Im used to rigorously cleaning an sks after shooting corrosive ammo. Seems counter intuitive

If it's not dripping cum lube you're doing it wrong.

I wouldn't worry about it.

t. rustwalker

Everything gets blown back toward the BCG. Remember, no piston in the way.

Bigger chance of a piece of pipe cleaner breaking and causing a real problem than of a speck of errant carbon being an issue.

you could.
but it should pretty much self clean from the hot gasses.

5.56mm isn’t corrosive. Not going to cause rust.

Not necessary if you’re not shooting dirty ass .22LR. You could create bigger problems for yourself if you fuck with it.

This, what i do is dip a q tip in lube then lightly brush the parts that need it

>after shooting corrosive ammo
Are you going to be shooting corrosive ammo through your AR-15?

Aren't .22lr uppers just straight blowback?

I can't imagine .22lr having enough pressure to justify a gas system.

still would put gasses in the gas tube.

Water and WD40 if you manage to find corrosive ammo for your AR-15. Otherwise it's self cleaning.

Well corrosive ammo is one thing but I haven’t seen .223 or 5.56 ammo with corrosive primers so it shouldn’t be an issue

Dedicated (as made) .22 LR uppers do not have a gas tube.

What you describe is only an issue when running a conversion kit, like a Ciener.

No plans to shoot corrosive 5.56. Just autistic about gun cleaning, because of all the corrosive I shoot through other guns

because we where talking about cleaning the gas tube.
i would assume that he was talking about a conversion kit.
otherwise you are correct.

Yeah, it's a non-issue either way.
First round of 5.56 is going to blow whatever deposits there are in the gas tube, through the bolt carrier and out the carrier's bleed ports.

I run mine dry. Just clean it well.

Don't do this.

No gun needs to be cleaned before shooting 2,000 rounds of non corrosive ammunition. Not even high-spec custom 1911s.
t. Grew up in a house that burned thousands of rounds a month

>Worrying about oil
>Worrying about cleaning
Gas piston AR's don't have this problem

Hard to have fouling problems if the gun doesn't run long enough to get fouled in the first place :^)

>Not having DI like daddy Stonder would have wanted
Wew

Attached: c0c-1.jpg (615x645, 70K)

*Stoner

Attached: 1478714198133.jpg (400x290, 36K)

Get that bitch wet.

that's retarded...

fuck you, I grease my gun and never clean it. Stoppages: zero.

>pic

Attached: 1526691102906.jpg (799x527, 235K)

.22LR have issues with copper washed bullets fouling the gas tube.
Run naked lead bullets or swap in your 5.56 bolt and blast a few rounds after about 100 .22's to clear out the copper (hopefully you have a standard AR with a .22 bolt and not a .22 only rifle).

I... being literal here... pour oil into the upper receiver.

After that I put the BCG back in and rack it dozens of times while shaking the rifle around and holding it in different ways to allow gravity to spread it everywhere inside. It works really well and saves me some work. And like some other user said you shoot out the excess anyway.

That’s not a gross waste of resources or anything.

is machine oil a valuable resource? what power level of poorfag are you, exactly?

I don’t use 10x as much of anything as I need to.

>is machine oil a valuable resource?
>is petroleum a valuable resource?
>is a finite resource stupid to waste?
Gee I dunno, retard.

You don't ever fuck with the gas tube.

>HK416
>bad
I'll wait to find your bodies in SHTF, you better have brass cased ammo on your corpse, if not I'm going to desecrate it.

It's like an anus bro it shits everything out. Well enough at least

You don't ever, EVER, fuck with the gas tube. PERIOD! Break off the tiniest piece of anything and your gun will, repeat WILL blow up

>machine oil
>finite resource
buddy it's incredibly abundant and inexpensive. you strike me as the type of idiot that would comment on a gun video that the watermelons and 2 liters could've been sent to Africa for starving children. kys

Attached: anni-rly.png (179x177, 53K)

Yeah bro, because we all know that surp 5.56 uses corrosive primers that'll totally rust out your gas tube. Totally a common problem.

The difference being we can grow more watermelons and corn. You're really an idiot and fucking retards like you are why we're in the predicament we're currently in.

Not him but what predicament is that exactly?

>we can also grow more niggers
We can also grow more lube, plenty of plant based lubricants out there

>mfw fireclean

Attached: 1344842775825.gif (296x160, 1.26M)

The one where many of the planets resources are dwindling because of wasteful retards like him?
Yea, it's a great idea until the price of food starts rising to compensate.

>peak oil fag

Look at him; look at him and laugh.

Attached: nasdaq.websol.barchart.com.png (450x433, 18K)

how wet can you get?

Attached: LC-22.jpg (3264x2448, 2.19M)

>price of food rises to compensate for an inedible plant

You want to try and justify that one again?

This is wrong. If lease stop perpetuating myths and bad info.

Aside from the friction surfaces on the hammer and disconnector your lower shouldn't need any lube if it was built properly. Maybe a smidge of oil on the springs every long once in a while. A wet lower is unnecessary and just going to collect dust and dirt. Grease is overkill for anything but the roll pins during build.

On the upper, very little actually needs lube as well. Man the fuck up and understand how the upper parts work together. Only the surfaces under friction during operation need lube, and only an amount that won't run all over... The 4 flat "rails" along the length of the bolt carrier, the circumference of the 2 fattest parts of the bolt, and the bolt lugs. You can saturate the cam pin, it is the part under the heaviest friction and duress in the whole system.

Charging handle gets a light lube but fully wiped down. I do this with all upper and bolt parts. Clean, light lube, and wipe dry. Then relube as noted above.

Ps ballistol. When stored it takes on a a slightly solid consistency and won't go everywhere. Add heat...aka shoot, and it's silky like her own natural juices.

>Bigger chance of a piece of pipe cleaner breaking and causing a real problem than of a speck of errant carbon being an issue.
>pipe cleaner
>breaking off inside what is essentially a long straight tube

Attached: 1512328018512.png (647x775, 13K)

It's not that the 416 is bad, it's that it solves a problem that doesn't really exist. DI ARs are fine as they are. The only real benefit you will get with a 416 or other piston AR is if you also run a can.

This exact scenario has actually happened multiple times to people who have posted here. Bits of the bristles get stuck by overenthusiatic cleaners.

I don't have a reaction image that can convey the current state of my sides.

A few drops of clp on a cleaning patch should be enough.

Do you have any proof? Because I use pipe cleaners from the dollar store for quite a few guns and it's never caused any issues or broken off. I'm willing to retract my previous statement if you have any evidence to substantiate this claim.

>crossive ammo
id rather pay out the ass for non corrosive 5.45 and that shit that rust your gun

Ballistol isn't expensiv, but I wouldn't want to spend the money for a gallon.
Give the moving parts a nice short spray so it's coated. Rack the slide/charging handle, if it feels smooth and sounds right, you are good to go. If it feels rough, or you can hear metal on metal screeching, repeat step 1.

Overlubrication is not really a thing. Underlubrication is a common problem. People think you have to be really sparing with oil for some reason. On an AR platform, at least, you definitely do not.

Don't take it from me. Uncle Larry literally immerses an AR fully in a vat of motor oil then fires it, to prove the point:

go back to arg

this is probably true. i grew up shooting fudd guns and had to clean them after every trip so i still do that. i keep the barrels of my precision rifles super clean.

ar fags so adamant, because of the fact how shitty the ar15 design is.

shut up kid, engine oil is not recommended for firearms, but if humans are in a post-catastrophic event, engine oil will be the go-to lube, because of its abundance. most engine oil you buy is recycled anyway. kys

DONT FUCKING TOUCH IT NIGGER

Attached: Screenshot_20180614-090458.png (720x1280, 872K)