Could someone explain to me how this gun works?

Could someone explain to me how this gun works?

Attached: COMBATSHOTGUN.png (2950x900, 1.23M)

It doesn't.

long recoil spring, and like 6 inches worth of barrel

i genuinely cannot

The spring from winding up the magazine transfers its energy into the gun which then uses that energy to pop out the full shotgun shells at the enemy.

The designers of Fallout 3 were so monumentally incompetent that they confused a submachine gun for a shotgun.

Attached: 8261743308_8c00f49a82_o.jpg (504x347, 40K)

holy fuck you are a faggot. entire internet at your disposal and you come on here to ask about your video games. google ppsh. then kys

Well, it uses a system similar to the M1 Garand.
See that tube under the barrel?
That’s a gas tube. The gas tube (somehow) goes around the magazine, and chambers a round like a M1 Garand, or that AK Shotgun. It has like, 6 inches of barrel. Maybe 4, after the shell is chambered.

The reason for the gun being so fuck heug, is because Fallout diverged it’s timeline after WW2. Some firearms were still that long, so you could attach bayonets, and have a fucking pike.
Long story short, it’s retarded.
Possible, but still retareded

Hell of a shotgun

The same as this one but in reverse.

Attached: F2000.jpg (327x154, 8K)

see
then kys

>that barrel length and muzzle
>with birdshot

Attached: hurp.png (403x448, 75K)

Ppsh, heck of a shotgun

The drum feeds the tube, the tube feeds the bolt action. It would work, and quite well.
Some are looking at it the wrong way. As that big drum doesn't feed directly. Remove the drum and ask yourself it it would work.

Attached: 1528835038435.png (680x510, 959K)

>The drum feeds the tube, the tube feeds the bolt action. It would work, and quite well.
...So how does the tube spring get a shell from the drum to the action without blocking all subsequent shells from the drum?

>that ejection port

What about this "gun"?

Attached: FO4_PipeRifle.png (1311x419, 160K)

American space magic.

That's a coat hanger.

tommy gun... such a classic

I'm still amazed by the lack of thought that went into the pipe gun designs. There's no way that scope would stay still, let alone hold a zero.

>I'm still amazed by the lack of thought that went into the designs
Bethesda in a nutshell.

FPBP

Never ask Bethesda to design a sensible, able to exist gun. Just look at the AR in F4.

Do we really need this same thread everyday?
is it so hard to pretend the right side has a ejection port in the right spot? You can’t see it in normal gameplay unless you take a really close look at a inworld model
I don’t even play fallout but I assumed the biggest draw was the retro futuristic over the top aesthetic right? The guns are SUPPOSED to be BIG and DUMB
So this daily thread is like if /o/ complained about how the cars in mad max make no sense everyday.
Or maybe they wanted a shotgun with the PPSH’s visuals? It’s not like the magazine and barrel is sub machine gun sized and it fires shells
It’s pretty obvious what they were going for

Open bolt piston assisted drum mag.
Occam's razor up in here.

Idk, maybe the mag operates like a revolver.

>hold on to something
The very first edition bolter, RT01 plastic beaky circa 1980's. this is the gun you get when you only ever have seen guns in movies on a fuzzy VHS.

Attached: rogue-trader-space-marine-bolter-gun-x1-oop--1014-p.jpg (682x460, 117K)

So you're the fabled guy who constantly mention VG guns... I just wanted to bring up that AR and now retarded it looks then got flak for your BS. Can ya fuck off and let us have fun?