F-15

I'm not an expert on planes but I want to be. How is it that the F15 is so fucking solid? Why do 6th and 7th gen jets seem so brittle?

Attached: f15.jpg (720x520, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2HmvAXcU0
forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?20796-Mirage-takes-a-dip!
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>6th and 7th gen jets

Does OP an area 51 spook?

Attached: CHAPPELLE_02_0212_BRADY_640x360.jpg (640x360, 124K)

F-15's fuselage acts like a lifting body, generating lift.

Most other 4th gen aircraft have lifting body but the F-15 in this case lost its wing and the pilot applied max thrust to keep flying.

I just don't get how the airframe didn't disintegrate from stresses like that. I'm at a loss for words

I'm sexually attracted to F-15's.
Is that normal?

Attached: FA18 fuckthisthread.gif (500x254, 898K)

It's literally the best combat airframe every created.

you be surprised how much punishment aircraft wings and bodies can take. The 777 wing's can flex 154 percent past its designed limit load. Imagine the stresses on a military jet.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2HmvAXcU0

Yes.

Attached: 1377371643220.jpg (2100x1406, 474K)

>Why do 6th and 7th gen jets seem so brittle?
Because they don't exist yet.
If you mean 5th gen, they're not.

>It's literally the best combat airframe every created.
Nope.

Attached: 0aaff76d976e.jpg (2500x1773, 408K)

6th gen jets don't even fly naturally. They are only held up in the air by their electronics constantly adjusting their flight control surfaces.

Attached: DaMlQhiW0AAT-Ar.jpg (800x665, 65K)

rofl

Aw dude, such a masculine plane.
Imagine if you were just laying in bed looking at the ceiling and an F-15 lands on your house, it's nose basically fills your room.
Uh, uh F-15 what are you doing here?
"I came to fuck" you hesitate but he doesn't.
The F-15 starts kissing your head, well I guess it's more like smashing it because it's a giant metal plane.
He smashes your head like a watermelon, but you're still horny. Just then he sticks his intake onto your body, now he wants to be fucked in that hole but what actually happens is that your headless body get sucked in the engine and shredded. Your shredded pieces are ignited and fired into the woods behind your house by giant jet engines.
That would be so fucking hot dude holy shit

t. Sukhoi engineer

Attached: drunk-slav.jpg (660x495, 101K)

what the fuck why does that FA 18 have a red star?

Aggressor squadron. He pretends to be Slavshit.

faggot

F-15: 105.5:0 record against nearly everything
Flankers: 6:0, only has Mig-29 kills

canadian

>I just don't get how the airframe didn't disintegrate from stresses like that. I'm at a loss for words
In 1997 the greeks crashed a Mirage 2000 EG in the sea at low speed during final approach
It wasn't deep, around 15 feet and the floor was soft. The frame only passed three days in the sea.
So they did what anyone would do.
They fished it out.
Sent it back to France.
Dassault fixed it.
And the aircraft flew again in 2003. It still does today.

forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?20796-Mirage-takes-a-dip!

>implying F-15 doesn't also have a very sophisticated fly-by-wire system
>implying FBW is a bad thing
>implying taking pilot workload off constantly trimming and worrying about how his aircraft will react to his inputs is a bad thing

i know it's bait, and i don't care

Attached: 1520382060006.jpg (1200x675, 79K)

The F-15 doesn't have an FBW system (Not like that used in the F-16 or F/A-18 anyway), at least not those used by the USAF. I believe the newer ones, such as those operated by the Saudis and the Qataris are going to have FBW.

Attached: 1505976042660658318.jpg (1600x1065, 814K)

He’s referring to the fact that modern fighters are inherently unstable, and that without their computers they almost could not fly with any degree of stability.

You could still manually trim it out if you so desired, but again, having a computer with much better awareness of the aircraft's attitude and response times manage those inputs is not a bad thing.

Been that way since the 70s, my man.