C308 vs ptr91

How much worse is the C308 compared to the PTR91?
I get that Century has made some dubious stuff in the past and that PTR91s are made on genuine HK tooling, but is the difference as noticeable as the price?
Preferably just reply if you own/have used both. If you're just a poorfag trying to justify your purchase then I'm not interested in your answer.

Attached: PTR.jpg (809x182, 10K)

Stop being a poorfag yourself and just get a PTR, Century is garbage.

Attached: c308grenade.jpg (640x480, 68K)

I not a poorfag I'd just like to know if I can spend the $400 difference on ammo or not.

ptr pretty much makes the c308s now.
but im a porfag so dont listen to me.

>Can't afford $400
You're a poorfag

Can anyone back this up?

Is the c308 that much of a compromise? Is it so bad that it makes $400 in ammo or mags pointless?
Not op by the way but kinda want a ptr after buying a ar10 and a shop near by only has a c308

I'm interested as well but so far no real answers.

Attached: 4d1d77a772cb492eb264a545710e7da221ffa854.jpg (800x800, 117K)

whats wrong with hk41

Yeah sure buddy let me just shell out $3,000 for the same gun.

The American made parts are made by PTR, the rest I think is assembled by century from parts kits but hell maybe PTR is doing that too and Century is just distributing idk.

t. C308 Owner

Maybe if you would give a detailed explanation us poorfags could move on and stop making these threads you tard

Just spend 1500 dollars on this thing like I did.
PTR-51 PDW

All metal brace, and the VFG is kosher with the ATF because she's around 27.5" OAL from muzzle threads to the end of the (fixed) buffer tube.

Attached: 308 firearm.jpg (2360x1536, 420K)

user why would I want .308 in a gun that small. It's fucking retarded.
>inb4 weak manlet

That is pure sex

Originally, just the barrels were done by PTR, then some of the parts ran out so Century had them do more. I think as of right now, most of the furniture is coming from PTR as well. The main issue is that the guns are still assembled by Century COmbine that with the fact that the main CETME parts (the FCG) are literally armory cast offs, and the C308 is a bunch of shit waiting to fail stuffed inside shoddily constructed shell made from quality parts.

PTRs used to be made on FMP tooling until the company built their own right? I have an old Farmington PTR91 with a surplus HK91 bolt assembly inside it it, and it's a real sturdy gal.

Sexy, but what the fucks point of having a baby 308?
Pap or ar in 300 seems like it would be a better choice in my opinion.

No you cannot, and no the difference is no longer as good as $400

My new PTR91 blows the HK91 I previously had out of the fucking water - it's more accurate and isn't hindered by the export bullshit, so you get paddle mag. Paddle Mag alone was a $300 mod on a HK91

Suppressor host.
I generally recommend a FAL for this application but it's piss easy with a PTR - just swap to a #17 locking piece

Ugh

-More accurate
-better furniture and finish
-Paddle mag release
-Metal lower
-actual quality control - PTR sells century the parts for the C308, literally the US parts and the bent reciever, Century assembles - you buy a PTR you get damned good QC.

I'm about to jump on the PTR 9 (MP-5) the next time it drops, already have a 91 GI and it's an excellent rifle.

What I want to see from PTR:
Cheaper MP5 (it's coming)
HK33
91's with better stock options, they could go nuts if they partnered with Spuhr and sold pre-upgraded 91's
Legitimate MSG and PSG clones
HK21 clones

All this said the MC51/HK51 PTR pistol is fantastic - perfect suppressor host and I would love to add it to my collection

Suppressor host that doesn't turn into a 4'1" polevault

C308 isn't bad for the larping around shooting at ranges, or carrying around the mountains.
If you aren't going to shoot competitively or go invade a small African nation then the c308 is fine. Yeah it's centry, yeah the ptr is probably better but you'll spend alot more.
Mounting an optic is stupid easy it already has a pic rail on it, the iron sights are whatever, they work but aren't nearly as asthetic as the drum sights. After running 300 rounds through it all the little hiccups went away and it's satisfing to watch the spent cases get thrown several yards away. Have only shot it out to 400 so far, and that was with a vortex strike eagle 1-6 with not the most precise reticle and some wwb and prima ball stuff. Was hitting about 50% on a little 6-8 inch gong, but I think it can do better then that. Not a bad gun for the money and for general fuck around use. It checks the boxes for me.

Don't do what this guy says, period.
You are going to pay $600 on a rifle that was $400 mere months ago, that is seriously deficient to an $800 PTR

It doesn't matter if the parts are made by PTR, the guns are still assembled by Century, don't fucking touch them.

Just get a PTR made gun.

post pics or stop lying

The reciever, and barrel are made for century by PTR. The rest is all surplus cetme parts. I have seen some that work well and have a great fit and finish and proper boltgap and I've seen others that are pretty rough. Right now C308's are running $600, you can get PTR91 Gi-Rs for $800 if you look. The fit and finish is much better and has all new components other than the furniture and trigger housing which are surplus German parts. Save up and get one. Assembly by Century varies from sample to sample. So if you find one that is in spec, buy it. But be wary about it. Or just save up a bit more and go PTR. Hope this helps. Oh and feel free to swing by /BRG/ to learn more info.

Attached: 20180623_234836.jpg (4032x1960, 3.03M)

PTR91 can do better

Cut this shit out, there would be no fucking reason for century to have PTR do the work, the overhead would be astronomical, alot more than they could cover at $400 per gun months ago

Century AT BEST was getting pre-bent recievers (We're talking about a $200+ market value for a pre-bend, balloning to $400 for a barreled,welded and bent reciever with trunnion.

More than likely they were getting non welded bends and loose parts, PTR's quality control rejects for Century's bottom of the barrel CETME parts

They still are. Some small parts are done via CNC, as are the rails and railed handguards

>I have no proof but I think this isn't right so here's how it is.

Stop being a poorfag yourself and just get an HK91, PTR is garbage.

Attached: 1497940872023.png (500x500, 183K)

Yes, without a doubt.

Have you seen Century try to build their own AKs? They're deathtraps, why would you trust them with an even more powerful rifle?

Because they don't make the actions you dumbass

Century C308 is not a G3 clone. It's a CETME clone, made from old parts kits. Different iron sight, different hand guard. The internals are milsurp, not new-made as in the PTR 91. They will almost certainly wear out and break faster. Buy a feeler gauge and make sure your bolt gap and headspace is correct.

Now you know. Is it worth saving $400? Depends on whether you get one that breaks after a few hundred rounds, and whether you can fix it yourself. Personally I'm saving up for a PTR, but that C308 is very tempting. I gotta have the G3 diopter though.

Attached: bestgirl3.jpg (2000x1125, 459K)

They do, PTR is claimed to be giving them parts, but it's still Century welding that shit together, and I would never trust them with welding.

Buy a DSA FAL instead.

0/10 bait

If you think the C308 is tempting, you havent seen the difference in welds in person. The PTR makes the Century look like garbage.

If you know what problems to look out for such as checking the bolt gap and canted sights or canted magwells, they can be a good investment. The way I see it, C308's are like going to a rescue shelter for dogs: many of them will cause nothing but problems and will require a lot of work (i.e. pittbulls), but occasionally you can find one that is perfect and you'll fall in love with it and it'll treat you well until you die (i.e. a lovable mutt that'll be your new best friend).

I thought it only had to be 26" to the end if the brace, not the buffer.

If I have a full length PTR, do I need a new locking piece to suppress?

Completely agree about the quality control on the PTR 91 over the C308. I also want to see better stock options, but I would just go with a surplus German HK G3 surplus wood stock they fit fine on the PTR, and you can still find them online for pretty cheap and in good condition. The hard part is finding different types of grips and hand guards, if you want them in wood you usually have to buy custom made ones since all the German wood hand guards have dried up.

i have a full set that i dont need of wood g3 stock

Fucking Norinco and Zastava make Century's welds look like garbage, it's a very low par to pass.

>escalation of logic to be purposefully absurd
>bait
You have no sense of humor, user.

Yes, same one he mentioned.

I have a c308 and love it. Centurys new batch of c308s are their best yet. Have not had one jam or malfunction on mine yet. Barrels and receivers are made by ptr the rest is hk furniture and cetme parts.

Attached: 20180316_042615 (1).jpg (2576x1932, 1.25M)

>C308's are like going to a rescue shelter for dogs
Good comparison. I love mine and haven't had any issues with it at around 1500 rounds, but i've heard some horror stories on others. If you're going to buy one op, do not buy it online and make sure you look at it im person. Like > said I don't think their new ones have nearly as much issues as the older models, but still look at it before buying.