Let's talk about ammo

What types of bullets do you like?

I like wadcutters, especially in my 500 mag and my snub nose .38. They look cool, they make clean, deep holes in things, and it feels cool to say "wadcutter" :]

Attached: wadcutter-bullets.jpg (1000x567, 368K)

swc because thats what i can find.
all about that meplat.

I only load plinking rounds for .41 magnum because it's the only round I have that is cheaper to load than buy even when you consider time. I use a 215gr swc because they're the cheapest bullets I could find and they're great for special loads with trailboss and for full power magnum loads.

Post a pic of a .50 caliber wadcutter, that must look amazing.

nothing is better than wadcutters on paper.

I carry wadcutters in my .32.
Ignore the .32 acp rounds laying beside the gun, the chambers were modified so it could shoot .32 acp.

Attached: image1(19).jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

not really out my pocket pistol they end up tear most targets rather than just pushing through.

Has anyone tried CCI quiet .22LR?

I want to be able to plink in the back yard and not piss off the neighborhood.

Sierra MatchKings in 223 and 308
Hornady ELD's in 6.5 Creedmoor
Generic FMJ's for 38spl/357mag and 9mm.

It’s pretty quiet out of a rifle with moderate to long barrel length. Not much louder than a hearty clap. I used to shoot them across my living room but stopped after getting worried about the primer fumes.

Or at least I had dreams of doing so. It’s pretty illegal where I live. I would never break the law even in nonviolent protest.

Attached: 40F2969D-F55D-42E3-8B9F-B0A4302192C4.png (1334x750, 603K)

>I used to shoot them across my living room but stopped after getting worried about the primer fumes.
lol

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 12.16.30 AM.png (801x635, 817K)

>tfw used to mag dump my .22 in the basement of my duplex but in minecraft and not in real life

Federal premium

I like hollow points because I like the concept of doing a LOTTADAMAGE and I don't buy into the "lack of penetration" meme.

It 100% will not have as much penetration, but shouldn't be a problem unless you're carrying fucking .32 ACP or something.

I can get 1-1.5 MOA accuracy out of 5 shot groups of .223 (fiocchi, norma tac, and federal) with my mini 14 with iron sights from the bench.

However, if I use 5.56 from any brand, even the supposedly high quality German MEN shit, I get the infamous mini 14-MOA inaccuracy. The groups tighten back up as soon as .223 is used. Is this typical?

That's not a meme most of that around here is just my shit posts because people are autism incarnate about 9mm effectiveness and it triggers my autism. Just about any bullet will wreck someones day.

Attached: 700-grain-lead-flat-nose-bullet-for-the-500-sw-magnum-silvercore-firearms-training-bc-1 (1).jpg (800x451, 60K)

Get .22 cb or .22 GB for a pump / bolt .22

pretty fun stuff out of a rifle. Im not sure how load it is with a pistol. They are actually quieter than a pellet gun.

Me a few buddies got bored one night and started plinking with them in the suburbs.

Is it really a wadcutter if it's not recessed into the case?

At any rate, that looks like a beastly projectile.

Are you particularly recoil shy or small framed? I can think of more practical choices in .32ACP

H A L F
I N C H
H O L E

Steel cored fmj is my favorite. I shoot a lot of steel and love the evening light shows it puts off. I also like how it holds together because I think it's fun to recover and see the bullets/cores laying around my target.
I also find them to be the most aesthetically pleasing to look at. (pic related, probably the sexiest pic I've taken in my life)

Attached: #P1070373.jpg (1581x1367, 1.22M)

I reload a lot for target/competition so I love boat tail, makes them easy to seat.

5.56 and .223 have different chamber specs.

what are the ones with the red band and on the far right?

left to right
russian surplus 762x54r, golden tiger 762x39, russian surplus 7n6 545x39, mke m80 ball 308, xm193 556x45

.50 BMG, 7.62 russian, 9mm

hu-wat? who gives shit about recoil? explain yourself? I just shoot what i got and i got the gun because its the same model my grandfather used to kill a bunch of union workers. Not to mention its really fun to shoot.

I mean, it's a low powered piece to carry (though there's some defensive ammo that gives alright penetration), more, I'm wondering about its condition.
If I was gonna carry .32ACP, I'd pick a flat and reliable Beretta pistol.

Also, given its an heirloom, I'd not carry it.
Not saying put it behind glass forever, by all means enjoy it, but I'd be afraid of having to use it and having the shit luck of police taking it.

Chubby bullets, stubby bullets, fat bullets, skinny bullets, black bullets, curvy bullets, any bullets

One time I shot six in a row
One time I shot six dirty rounds in a row
We're talking six fat dirty bullets, shootin' loads
My gun is too small so I gotta shoot my loads in a row

Attached: six in a row.jpg (560x475, 44K)

>I mean, it's a low powered piece to carry
Thats why i carry it with my Hi Power.
>Also, given its an heirloom, I'd not carry it.
not an heirloom, i have no clue what happened to the real gun from the story. I only know the kind of gun that was used when he opened fire on the mob.
Pic related my edc
>carry .32acp
its not though, its .32 sw and its been modified to where i can shoot both. Some revolvers dont need the mod but other do.
Though i have thought about picking up some of those lehigh extreme cavitators for it and my pistol that is actually chambered in .32 acp.

Attached: image1(15).jpg (2448x3264, 1.9M)

All my golden tiger is sealed with purple sealant, unless the lighting in this pic is just off.