Good first gun?

What would Jow Forums recomend for a first owned gun i got some cash and i'm ready to buy.
No handguns because hurr durr 21 here sadly.
Rifles/Shotguns/anything that is not a handgun

Attached: 1525990643152.jpg (388x443, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kc9ZeHIGphk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any basic bitch AR. It will teach you the basics of firearm operation, cleaning, etc. And it's very forgiving.

How much cash you got?

A Marlin lever-action rifle in .357 Magnum.

Used .22 Marlin Model 60 with the 18 round tube.

Option 1: Pump Shotgun
>$300. Home defense king. All purpose hunting. Formidable innacity shtf primary.

Option 2: semi auto rifle
>~$700+. Decent home defense but over penetration. Good midsize to large game hunting. Innacity shtf king.

Alright bud how much money you got? Do you want to learn a skill or just make noise while playing? Ether way get a ruger 10/22. It’s cheap and well made. Not perfect but has the aftermarket to make any spacegun you can dream up. It will cost you $200 on a good day and sometimes even less. If you want something bigger but still the same basic operation? AR15 or literally anything you can afford. That’s really the only issue

Attached: FB101828-6BB9-4365-99E7-A6AF4AA4B0B2.jpg (1024x683, 119K)

Mosin memegant is still an ok option in my opinion.
Newfags that want to bitch about it can fuck off back to Jow Forums.
If you dont have a budget and a particular utility for your first gun, this thread isnt going to be constructive OP.

Attached: 9DC9F842-B1C6-47F8-A71C-4CD6F3CB0EB9.jpg (577x1024, 40K)

Ruger 10/22.
Once you've shot the first one enough you'll be able to decide on the second one by yourself.

Stop talking if you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Hes not wrong about the shotgun.

>Scoped rifle
Ruger 10/22
>Iron sight rifle
AR-15
>Shotgun
Mossberg 500, 590A1 if you're willing to pay more since the tang safety is metal, or Maverick 88 if you're scumming it so hard that Mexican parts are okay.
>Handgun
Whatever feels the best in your hand. If you don't want to go through finding your fit, buy a HiPoint because that's what you deserve.

.22lr Rifle.
Any one.

Yes, he is. Shotguns are lousy fucking weapons. They're large, cumbersome, difficult to manipulate, have excessive recoil, and a complex manual of arms that's easy to fumble. Not to mention anything worthy of knocking someone down in a shotgun is going to over penetrate massively, even something like #1 or #4. he then goes on to describe a semi-auto rifle as an over penetration risk when that's just not true. An AR-15 loaded with something that will break up on impact like Sierra SMKs or others loads will consistently reduce risk of over penetration, even against flimsy ass Gypsum board. He's a fucking idiot regurgitating idiotic Fudd and internet lore derived from other idiots playing video games or watching YouTube and thinking they're experts about firearms because of it. He needs to be told to shut the fuck up and sit down, just like you, another idiot, for defending him.

Gentlemen, fuck you.

Attached: 77grTMK_06.jpg (660x315, 28K)

Not even going to point out what i don't know about? Ok kid, have your fun

Because your stupid ass isn't even worth the fucking time to correct because you're just going to pout like a fucking bitch and tell me about what the dude at the gun store told you and you know he's good cause yer daddy told you the same thing and you trust him. If you don't know you're not qualified to speak, you're too fucking worthless to correct.

See my above post, retard.

Attached: 1529174980488.jpg (525x384, 35K)

Ok then, im clearly ignorant. Go ahead and list all possible loadings, in every possible scenario, from all types of applicable weapons, in every environment so that the op and myself can learn. Ill check back in a week when you're done.

>Gets BTFO
>Immediately resorts to "NO U"

Fuck off to an /ak/ thread or something while the adults are talking, you little fucking meme spewing no guns.

user that's pretty retarded.

Attached: 1442887284717.png (465x336, 233K)

First off your prices are ridiculous. I bought my AR in May for 399$ I bought my Maverick 88 for like 180$ both were new. Also the shotguns over penetrate just like rifles and by you not including that in the shotgun section I'm assuming you are implying shotguns won't over penetrate. Also how do you know what weapons are effective in cities during SHTF?

You don't have to post just to post you know? Just wait until you find a subject you know about or ask questions instead of stating things like they are facts

Attached: 1516522211211.png (461x463, 296K)

Back to your basement, autismo.

>$700 for a basic bitch AR-15

What the fuck am I even reading?

Omni tactical hybrids are pretty easy first time ar builds. Ive had good luck with mine. Heard some people have trouble with the gas block, but ati always repaired it. Good starter rifle. Runs between 600 - 750.

Attached: 201538181438258752-ATIGOMNIHQA556.jpg (640x640, 20K)

Why are you such a prick? I love my shotgun, yeah it's long and heavy as hell but thats because I wanted something heavy. I love a heavy weapon. "Lousy weapons." Said most SWAT teams. Almost everything you've listed is pure ignorance or opinion. "Excessive recoil." Ever hear of low recoil buckshot? It can chop down down a small tree with 1 shot and its like shooting a damn AR. "Complex manual of arms that's easy to fumble." Maybe for a fudd like you. Bird shot will fucking knock someone down, are you retarded? Buckshot would go through them and transfer less of the energy, but birdshot at close range all of the energy will be absorbed by their body.

>High power penetrating buckshot is not good because it will over penetrate
>The AR is clearly better because if you load it with bullets that don't penetrate well and break apart, it wont over penetrate
SHUT

You replied to the wrong guy, BUT, I guess he meant if you were getting more premium weapons. Mossberg 500 is a step up for $300. He's going off the fact that shotguns are universally known as CQC weapons much like PDWs, SMGs, and Pistols over long barreled weapons. We used shotguns in Fallujah. SWAT uses shotguns. Inner city would probably have a firefight no longer than 50yds. Also, shotgun is more point and shooty.

Yeah wrong person, my bad

>We used shotguns in Fallujah.

For opening doors, maybe.

>SWAT uses shotguns

Again, for opening doors.

>Also, shotgun is more point and shooty.

You've never used a shotgun a day in your life.

>Birdshot will knock someone down.

Birdshot can't knock down a slight-of-frame 19 year old girl with zero situational awareness. What the fuck makes you think it's going to stop a determined attacker.

youtube.com/watch?v=kc9ZeHIGphk

Back to CoD with you.

Attached: 902.jpg (500x403, 32K)

I have a 590A1 my guy, and yeah it really is. A bead sight acquires a target much faster than iron sights. Thats not saying I have bead sights

I haven't played CoD since BO2 years ago, when I still played PS3. Buckshot will ravage stuff but 3 inch 7 1/2 will push someone back

What exactly is the difference between a bead sight and front-of-post reflexive? Or just purely kinesthetic firing which is what's taught as modern technique. You don't wait for a sight picture in modern room shooting, you put rounds into the target -anywhere- and then worry about it because the first to land a round wins the fight.

You didnt mention what you want to do with the gun, but for just shooting practice get a bolt action or semiauto .22lr first

Build a cheap AR or get a ruger 10/22.

Attached: 35849374.jpg (463x573, 199K)

>Use this load to reduce penetration
>But jump from 2 3/4" to 3" because it's anemic
>Also that's not going to make the gun jump and blast like no ones business
>It's going to stop someone though, I promise. Disregard the video of the unaware girl taking a load of bird shot to the tits almost point blank and literately walking it off.
>Srsly guize, it's going to stop the 6'2", 250 pound guy that just broke in

The absolute state of shotgun fags, ladies and gentelmen.

>a load of bird shot
>bird shot

A 10/22 from ruger and a bunch of ammo for cheap. You can get all this for under $500 then you can graduate to the boy boy ar once you have got comfortable with that. Or just jump right in to a big caliber fuck it. First gun I ever shot and owned was a 12guage pump.

>Decent home defense but over penetration
Are you an idiot? 5.56mm and 5.45mm will overpenetrate less than any kind of buck.

I'm not saying "don't use a shotgun", because they work, they're generally the most reliable "one-shot-stop", but don't talk bullshit about things you don't understand, an AR15 or AK74 will technically be safer.

>Mosin memegant is still an ok option in my opinion.
I disagree. Unless you just want one for wanting to have one (collecting, etc), they're not worth it.
Once upon a time they were stupid cheap, but now you're generally looking over $300 for an ok 91/30, and for that price, they're not really a good option for someone who's just looking for a rifle.
You can get a Ruger American or Savage Axis for a similar price, and not only are they more precise and weigh less, you won't have to worry about a shit refurb giving you sticky bolt.

He is in the sense of calling them safer, they aren't, buck will go through interior walls like they were single sheets of printer paper, whereas a 5.56mm or 5.45mm ball round will generally stop in said walls. If using a good frangible, it'll absolutely stop in the first interior walls, and have positively gruesome terminal effect.

If the question was like 7.62x39mm or .308 Winchester, then yes, that would be a pretty pronounced risk of overpenetration, but even then there's crazy ass frangibles for those cartridges too.

>They're large, cumbersome, difficult to manipulate, have excessive recoil, and a complex manual of arms that's easy to fumble.
Ok, you don't have to be a soiboi bitch about it. Shotguns aren't some sort of insurmountable challenge.

>Not to mention anything worthy of knocking someone down in a shotgun is going to over penetrate massively, even something like #1 or #4.
If you get a real grazing hit, or miss outright.
If you put that shell anywhere near center mass, all of that shot is going to become permanent residents in the target's body.

The big deal about shotgun vs rifles here (assuming intermediate rifles), is that while the shotgun has greater terminal effect, if you miss, there's a greater risk of collateral damage, vs. the rifle, that while not hitting as hard, is much safer if you miss, and the ease of recoil and semi-automatic action, makes follow-up shots, if needed, much easier.
That said, automatic shotguns exist, and 20 Gauge is a thing, so combining those two, you have easy recoil and easy followup shots, with potent terminal ballistics.

>Shotguns are lousy fucking weapons. They're large, cumbersome, difficult to manipulate, have excessive recoil, and a complex manual of arms that's easy to fumble
I have literally never heard this in my life before, is this a common opinion?

>You can get a Ruger American or Savage Axis for a similar price
This. I have a 30-06 Savage Axis, and can't complain about it.