How long should a spear be?

how long should a spear be?

Attached: spear_length.jpg (144x450, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarissa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you by yourself or with a formation of people, throwing or stabbing?

by myself and stabbing not throwing, also lugged or no? though for the sake of a decent thread, what are your thoughts on each?

>how long should a spear be?
user what are you doing?

Attached: hmmm.png (439x409, 258K)

As long as a man, though, some men are longer than other.

as i understand you do like the dude in your pic, reach up and provide two hand widths beyond that

Longer than the other guys.

Attached: loooooong.jpg (500x375, 199K)

One handed? Eight feet and about four pounds, with a point of balance about thirty inches above the butt. That's what the finds from Olympia and most of Dark Ages Europe tell us, on average.

Two handed? Sky's the limit. Some of Alexender's successors farted around with sarissae up to 24' long.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Jow Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Long enough to stab an Anglo or commie.

If you are going to use it in conjunction with a shield, then about the smaller example in the OP pic. If you are going to use it in two hands, then the longer one, with a broader head for cutting. The latter can be lugged, the former should not.

>so new he doesn't know about the Sharkfucker

Attached: TheMan,TheLegend.jpg (2949x1809, 914K)

>tripfagging is okay as long as there is a dumbass meme behind it
The guy is an obnoxious retard.

>Complains about a poster with original answers to questions
>Calls others obnoxious retards

And I'm the bigger fool for replying.

Is this my fifteen seconds of fame?

Hunting or self defence?
Neeto, four pounds? I think that would be a bit lightweight?

Attached: master grunt sword.jpg (1492x2127, 623K)

Does he throw tantrums about minorities and scaremonger while he rapes the sharks?

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Jow Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Attached: god damn.gif (300x224, 1.72M)

A little taller than you so you don't stab yourself in the eye, or neck while walking (which someone like you would probably do).

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarissa

6-8 feet, minimum 1inch prefferably 1.5 thick

20 feet.

Attached: phalanx3fy1.jpg (1080x621, 938K)

A foot longer than your opponents spear.

about treefiddy

>by myself and stabbing not throwing,
No more than 10 feet, no less than 6.

>also lugged or no?
Lugged is generally better but you really want a proper crossguard. You can use it to catch and entangle your opponent's weapon or even inflict damage.

Attached: 61OAQrxSZRL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1125, 59K)

Ideally longer than whatever your opponent uses.

Attached: 3.jpg (2924x2094, 1.48M)

11 cubits

7 or 8 feet

>dumb shark poster

Attached: pepe smol.png (128x123, 23K)