PTR-91 optics help

I recently got a PTR-91 and it came with a claw mount.
All of my funs before have been fudd and milsurp ones so I’ve never gotten optics.
So I’ve got two questions for those who are knowledgeable.
1. Does the height of the mount matter that much?
2. What’s a good magnifying optic I can get for sub-$75? Preferably through amazon, I was given money for thereand I might as well use it.

Attached: DAE6D64D-32C5-4374-9E10-811B0202C28A.jpg (1024x768, 125K)

Step 1, be 18. Since you have not met this requirement yet please refrain from posting on this website.

Step 2, stop being poor.

Step 3, buy decent glass.

Kys fag.

Attached: 65662094-7CAA-4F6F-A80B-981522104DE4.jpg (2292x1535, 791K)

Would you be interested in trading your upper for a 16” upper? I like the long boi aesthetic. It’s ptr made

Attached: 0379E6B5-EAFD-4E28-B61C-2D4AFDC2A8FB.jpg (800x749, 145K)

Nah I’m not about to take a dump on the accuracy while getting an optic, but thanks.

Summer is getting annoying

Attached: 1529428738887.jpg (639x508, 53K)

As put it ever so kindly, it is generally a better investment to buy a good optic in the 150-300 range than it is to get the best optic on the market at 75

Lmao.
1. PTRs are NOT tack drivers. Average is 3 or so MOA unless you buy/build a precision build.
2. 308/7.62RFN is not a very high pressured ammo, compared to others and isn’t going to lose much velocity by losing a couple inches on barrel length.
3. Don’t come here looking for advice you fucking faggot. You don’t need a scope to aim at the roof of your mouth.

>Been here for several years, just asking for cheap optic recommendations as I’ve never gotten into them.
>“REEEEE SUMMER REEEEE”
Fuck off frogposter

>Asking for sub 75 dollar ptr optic advice
>Doesn't want to trade for a 16" upper cus itl lower the accuracy stat

Summer

Attached: 1529643773935.jpg (596x358, 40K)

>long barrel = extra accuracy

Great questions! Let me start off by first welcoming you to the forum. You have found a safe haven in the stormy sea of deluge that exist outside...
Barrel accuracy... length and width. Claw mount, extractor.. you brought up a lot of points.
Let me ask you: what’s the purpose of this implement of war? If it is to turn off your summer life candle then I suggest suffocating in your mom’s running car in her boyfriends garage. Don’t use the rifle on blowing up your neuron, don’t ad to statistics

Man, Jow Forums‘s really gone to shit.
>Ignorant OP asking for info and recommendations
>All the nogunz newfags calling him summer because they have no clue themselves
Truly a tragedy.

Saged

>first legit Jow Forums related thread in months
>leagues of nogunz newfags telling OP to fuck off
This place is dead

Geez all these butthurt fags. We were all newfags once.
1. I'm not sure about your claw mount but scope ring height matters with scope clearance (scope actually fitting on your gun) and proper comfortable cheek weld (where your face is placed when aiming).
2. Most posters here will say buy once cry once and/or your optic should cost as much as your gun. But if you're on this budget, I suggest going to a local hunting/sports/gun store and looking through each one yourself. Notice the glass clarity and brightness. Then look up the model on Amazon.

is your front sight canted

This belongs in /BRG/ and optics that cheap will be killed by a PTR.

You can get a cheapo Leopold 9x for about 200 bones, I do not recommend going any cheaper because you will constantly lose zero and the optic is basically useless if you ever had to shoot at someone that won't sit still while you dial in your scope. I have a Nikon 4-12x scope I got in a trade that I really like, the cheapest ones run about 200 dollarydoos.

The cheapest scope I would trust my life to would be a Vortex, Optics planet runs sales where you can get the scope and mount for less than 300 bones.

Out of all the cheap garbage optics in the sub $100 dollar range, go UTG. The 3-9x Bug Buster is on Amazon for about 75 bucks, I used to have one on my AR and it held up good but I really wouldn't trust it for anything other than plinking.

But like I said, Step 1, be 18.

>bones
Go die

Don't buy a long scope. It can prevent charging or take skin off your knuckles. Get a vortex 1-4 and take off the rear drum.

>its wut cawadoody sed!