I live in a state where the only AR-15’s I can buy are heavy barreled ones. However any and all AR-10’s are g2g...

I live in a state where the only AR-15’s I can buy are heavy barreled ones. However any and all AR-10’s are g2g. Which type of ar should I get?

Attached: 61B0A6E9-6580-48DC-A0D8-A0C6CCBD8981.jpg (620x357, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I also live in Maryland and as far as I can tell you're gonna have to build one if you want a good HBAR

>I live in a state where the only AR-15’s I can buy are heavy barreled ones
What the fuck kind of law is that?

look as far as blue state laws go it's the best we can expect. we can say "we already have a salty weapons ban leave us alone" but it's got enough loopholes in it

>as far as blue state laws go
>What the fuck kind of law is that?
The one that Proceeds the .jpg .

Attached: raifu is next.jpg (960x636, 210K)

colt 6721

Colt le6721 is no good?

Attached: 3AEFACA5-B5C6-40E0-9524-76A196410F24.jpg (414x122, 9K)

AR15 chambered in .50 Beowulf.
Pretty sure it falls under a heavy barrel.

Right before they were gonna ban AR's some girl (she was like 12 or something)who shot AR's competitively begged congress to not ban them because then she couldn't shoot.

So they made an exception for barrels over a certain weight and now Maryland has more accurate AR's than other state.

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 17.06.01.png (1328x978, 1.25M)

How light can you build an HBAR? How unbalanced would it be?

Sounds like a pretty good law desu
Doesn't explicitly ban anything but really limits their use to certain applications.
"Guns are a tool." Tools are only used for specific applicatins.

>Little girl wants to shoot.
>Exempt the heaviest version.

ive heard the lwrc (based out of MD) sells spiral spiral fluted barrels to get around the heavy barrel restriction. does anyone have any corroboration for this?

Just build one with a pencil barrel you bought cash on the barrelhead. Why is everyone in that state a downstate Annapolis assgrabber?!

Also, get an AK-74 instead. Far more interesting

You should know by now that none of their regulations actually make sense

>What the fuck kind of law is that?

A Maryland law.

Whats the reasoning behind it

That rifle's a looker.

Build one in 6.5 Grendel (or whatever alternative chambering floats your boat). These are not banned in MD, and the barrel can be as light as you want. Keep a government profile 5.56 upper/bolt/mags tucked away in case shtf.

Don't believe me?
>mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx
Look under "ALEXANDER ARMS"

Another option is a piston AR-15.

Actually, there's no definition in the law of what an HBAR actually is.
According to the state police, if it's marketed as an HBAR or labeled as such, it's not banned.

It's the People's Republic of Maryland. They don't know anything about guns, nor do they care. Just as long as they feel like they're doing something. This is the same state that bans all fireworks to include sparklers.

t. former Marylander

I dunno I guess they think that since the barrel is considered "heavy" you won't be able to shoot up a place as fast. It's worth noting that there's no actual definition for what a heavy barrel physically is, it just has to be labeled as such. And like mentioned there are ways around it. There's also other weird shit like how AK rifles are banned but AK pistols aren't and AR-10s aren't regulated at all. Basically they don't know anything.

>AR-10 isn't banned
>"Excuse me sir, is that an AR-15?"
>"No officer, this is my AR-10 chambered in .223"

Retard. The law can be defeated with a hacksaw. It's not protecting anything or even enforceable. You gonna have cops come and remove your barrel for weighing inspections? USA a supposed to be "free" country, shit shouldn't be banned unless there is a reason for it and a reasonable and effective way to enforce that ban. Look at the failures prohibition was or magazine restrictions in CO are. Unenforceable ineffective bullshit that breaks the backs of those who actually try to follow the law.