>buying back legal guns makes me safer

Can someone explain this line of thinking?

Attached: new_haven_guns.png (497x440, 163K)

it only makes sense if you don't think about it

gun grabbers are retarded?

Attached: 1525574444576.jpg (1024x992, 163K)

If you have less guns then the price of guns goes up, meaning criminal who are cheap can buy less. If you have less guns you have less gun accidents and less guns that are stolen and then used for criminal purposes.

A fool is born with every tick of the clock.

You are supposed to trade in your $500 glock for a $25 giftcard to Starbucks.

The idea is that if you dont have a firearm, ot cant be stolen. If its can't stolen, then it can not be bought/sold illegally.

if you didn't bring a duffel bag full of homemade pipe shotguns to this buyback you're a cuck

Attached: 64456234681improguns.jpg (1500x844, 281K)

Less unwanted and badly stored guns in an area means less are likely be sold off to undesirables or stolen.

I can only hope the place was infested with scalpers.

>off the street
I never understood this. How is a gun that is under control of its owner, in a closet or whatever, an owner who has every intention of following the law and apparently despises violence so much they can't even have a tool capable of violence in their house, classify as being "on the street"?
If they literally picked up a sawed-off shotgun that was sitting in a gutter after being tossed from a car that had just performed a gangland drive-by, then ok, it's off the street. If they stopped a drug dealer who had an unregistered Hi-Point in the pocket of his FUBU cargo jeans, then ok, it's off the street.
My guns aren't "on the street" unless I'm carrying in public. Otherwise, they're "In my house" or "in the safe".
It's all fear-mongering propaganda and word-twisting.

But OP, if those guns are left in homes they will drive people to suicide.
CNN told me so with an unbiased study from the Moms Demand Action!

>implying that criminals use legal guns
>implying criminals care about the price of firearms
>implying that the price goes up after less than 50 firearms have been bought back whilst there are 300+ million firearms in the US
wew lad

If all people are just access to a firearm away from going on a mass shooting or killing someone, then all guns must be eliminated so that the populace cant abuse them.
Thats the issue, the gun isnt the issue with them. Its you, and them, and everyone else. The gun for whatever reason just allows you to act out your violent wishes. So even a legal gun, is just a gun thatll tempt a normal citizen into commiting terrible atrocities.

THESE ARE NOT MY OPINIONS

in real life normal citizens get tempted into committing horrible atrocities when they get elected to public office

ignore everything but the last one then.

Yes, it does make you safer, because anyone stupid/desperate enough to accept how little money they give for guns at buybacks can't be trusted to not have their gun stolen and used in a crime.

They could always do it the millennial way in London. Not turn in the guns, publicly ignore all laws. Throw knives, acid and detonate bombs on Mopeds whilst arresting ONLY the citizens who TRY TO FOLLOW THE LAW.

It works, people dumb enough to do buybacks and too stupid to own guns

This
Only thing that can plausibly happen is if some dipshit hated grandpas bedside handgun they got after his death and wanted it gone. At least it's one less thing that can be stolen after the burglars are done raping the family.

>unregistered
There is no registry of title 1 firearms.

Except in states where there is, especially for handguns.